Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80434 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Premiumwriter: 10:08pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap
forget this nonsense talk about not touching a woman.

Some women de f*ck up and if you no correct them with some methods such as a good slap dey will not understand the extent of their actions.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by chaloskyx: 10:09pm On May 20, 2020
well shes gotta know the situation of things and the efforts you go to make ends meet if she still keeps complaining then let her go. by her request to travel abroad its obvious shes looking at what her other friends are doing and wants to join them. just know the moment you send the woman abroad shes leaving you. so i think you should sit down and ask her what she really wants cos as far as im concerned shes tired of staying with you not becase she doesnt love you but because you cant meet her financial needs and she cant groove like her friends

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Naso007: 10:10pm On May 20, 2020
Travel out of the country ke?

Is she a Nurse? (She wan go work as front line nurses for US and Europe?)

I tire for women...

Oga, abeg nor kill yourself for her.
Nor go thief for her too.

Maintain your ground.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:
go and look for money, leave story no man in this life owes you anything.
while you have a point, any man that wants to start a family with me, should promise to provide for and protect him while i nuture him and the family.

Part of provision is at least yearly trips abroad and enough funds to ensure a lasting legacy for his children.

That's not too much to ask for, or are you that mediocre.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by koyyess: 10:15pm On May 20, 2020
Why will you bring your marriage issue to a forum like this, filled with agberos that lack simple home training plus self discipline/control?

Don't you know 99.9% of entities in this forum are from disfunctional homes?

I pity you oo.

If I were your wife and you slapped me, my respect for you will go down to 0%.

There are many ways you can stop your wife from nagging without resorting to violence. Only Apes use violence as a problem solver when they can no longer make use of their brains.

If you want to take advices from unstable entities here who can't even attract a decent girl or build a decent home be prepared to die young.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by dondavinchi(m): 10:17pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap
smelling advice from a Ass licker @ op pls don't listen to dis woman rapper ooo these r d ppl misleading real men do u realise d woman sudden urge for extravagant life can ruin him talking yan yan po

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 10:17pm On May 20, 2020
jaxxy:

U must never listen to a woman when she is ridiculous and yes sm if them(l won’t say most yet) loose their minds and morals over peer and societal pressures, the urge to impress at all cost. It is very wrong. She wants to enjoy the good life without working or planning for it. How??

She now seeks to frustrate u to doing the unthinkable Bt if u are a real man to u tell her to shut the Bleep up. Also let her know u have such good plans Bt if will for the right process and will get there soon. Never let a woman put u under pressure to do the unthinkable or ridiculous For a quick taste of good things in a totally wrong way. If she’s in a hurry let her put heads together with u to see how the family can grow by legal means instead of doing nothing and complaining like a complete ingrate.

U will regret it and still loose ur masculinity trying to impress sm1 who has chosen to be foolish.

Keep working on urself and have a plan for a better life.

Women Like ur wife I completely ignore their temporary urges and ridiculousness and run my race aslong as I’m following my good plan. Lol
Thanks for this, exactly what I am doing trying to be my the best on daily basis without running another man's race.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Poorboy: 10:17pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
while you have a point, any man that wants to start a family with me, should promise to provide for and protect him while i nuture him and the family.

Part of provision is at least yearly trips abroad and enough funds to ensure a lasting legacy for his children.

I don't do hungry girls, so there are men for you. It's a matter of choice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 10:17pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Actually, a mansion, two cars, yearly trips abroad for vacation.

That's just the stuff i know of.
everybody na big man online....

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by 2buffagain(m): 10:18pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

She needs to Change her friends.
Women are very passive when it comes to their friends.
Foolish ones will believe their friends over the man that actually sacrificed to marry her.

That is how Eve allowed snake... common snake... to mess her family up because she could not practice gratefulness with her life.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by m140(m): 10:18pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

I am not the lazy type, I work hard to cater for my family, I am a federal worker and still didn't relent on that, a level 8 officer.....that was the statement that got me vexed, despite my hard work?
You get time sef, bros , do wetin you fit do , most of these people nothing you fit satisfy them with, Bleep, money ooo, no jeez kee yoursef, na headache be all this you want to apologize s3f, ,,,
Woman wey no fit stay make e go , cus I go break her hand if she talk nonsense to me ,,,,
Make she go work they live large na , who owl her hand. Bros , you go just die , n she go live her life keep your pikin with moms. Just do your responsibility, if she ain't satisfy ,my brother go out.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:
I don't do hungry girls, so there are men for you. It's a matter of choice.
coming from the monicker called poorboy.

You can't even afford hungry girls. I'll stop giving you attention now as i mind the business that pays me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by m140(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
Mariangeles:

Next time, walk away from the situation.
Take some time off to cool off.
Some people will deliberately push you over the edge to react violently, disappoint them by walking away.
Easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:

then what will u be doing...just breastfeeding.. nor worry u go see ur type ...u are not my type..we do working class ladies

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
KoolBigk:
This cracked me up! you gave her "abara gbigbona " & called that a caution, na wa oo!

Meanwhile, you need to man up, go apologies to her & after normalcy has being restored, sit her down & explain why the extravagant life she's longing for can't be met currently.

Let her know everything you doing is for the betterment of the family. What I see here is lack of communications between you two. It would do you lotta good if you can set up a business for her as well.

PS : Take your family out occasionally, to give her a treat.
Exactly what I usually do, taking my family out has always been a part of me from day one but now trying to compare me with others or makinv me run another man's race is a no !
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
osazsky:
everybody na big man online....
of course. Let me claim riches too by faith wink

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
Bola146:
O ga o, let her know your worth, and always stand on how you manage your expenses. She is physically okay, let her go and work harder so that she can lavish it anyhow sad . I don't know why some women no get sense undecided
i dey tells u, when i read some kind of write-up coming from married men i marvel.
if you are not matured to man a home pls don't marry.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 10:20pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
coming from the monicker called poorboy.

You can't even afford hungry girls. I'll stop giving you attention now as i mind the business that pays me.
so u do olosho biz..can I have ur numb...
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by hanson27(m): 10:20pm On May 20, 2020
HarunaWest:
Sorry to say but if I were in your shoes, that slap will land on her cheeks.
I hate when people don't appreciate someone's efforts.
If she want to live flamboyantly, then she should learn to make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, just lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round.
However, if she doesn't deem it fit to apologize to you, just dey look am.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff. Cheers
HarunaWest:
If she want to live flamboyantly, then she should learn to make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, just lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff. Cheers
HarunaWest:
Bros na wa for u self, he needs to apologise.....two wrongs cant make it right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Exactly what I usually do, taking my family out has always been a part of me from day one but now trying to compare me with others or makinv me run another man's race is a no !
she is telling you to switch gears, see it as a challenge and don't dissapoint your family.

Also try to talk with her and get her on the same page as you

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by m140(m): 10:21pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:

I like men wey get sense, who you owe are your parents, I doubt if he has a wife like that he can remember to buy anything for his parents.

I repeat young guys try and secure your future even though you are married, investing in a woman is bad business

Some will ask how is it bad business?

If you try all you could to satisfy a greedy woman when it's time to leave, she will leave you to your fate and by that time you won't have anything left with you again, because all your money was been consumed by her.

I was given a marriage list of about 1.5 million just the list only, that's what is delaying me from getting married, what did I do, I paused the marriage.

Now I am building a 5 self-contained rooms for rent, I will finish that before I continue the marriage because I come to realize that for marriage to be successful it's money that drives love now.

Money ke, my brother no one knows sef.
People wey get money their wife still dey collect outside, no one knows joor, Bezos no divorce

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 20, 2020
osazsky:
so u do olosho biz..can I have ur numb...
you can't afford the 'olosho' biz i do.

No need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 10:23pm On May 20, 2020
Omonigeriarere:

Unless your story is cooked up, you owe her no apology my friend.

If she feels remorse, forgive. If not, silence is the best answer to 80% of what is happening in your household right now.
Definitely, I only apologise when I am at fault but on this I didn't because I was very convinced I was not at fault so I did not. . ..and that silence has made her realise her mistakes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by m140(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Exactly what I want to avoid, but I will talk the talk with her tomorrow..... Much gratitude brother
My brother, it's like you really cool. Woman matter levity hands no be am ooo. Do wetin you fit , no go kee yoursef ooo.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
you can't afford the 'olosho' biz i do.

No need.
everything has a price we can start from somewhere if I cant afford it I rest its biz na.not everyone that comes to my company buys my product..if they cant afford it after negotiation they leave
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by sirp85(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2020
"she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria."

I smell something here please check your wife very well sir.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by sowilli: 10:25pm On May 20, 2020
Did she not know you are civil servant before marrying you?
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Definitely, I only apologise when I am at fault but on this I didn't because I was very convinced I was not at fault so I did not. . ..and that silence has made her realise her mistakes.
correct man..she will never do such again cuz she doesn't know what will hit her next..try to be alfa guys like us..we don't take noneence
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by m140(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2020
NaBanga:
So she shouted and instead of shouting back or walking away, you hit her. Nigerian men are very weak vessels. If you don't have the money just say it's not available. If she insists, tell her to make her own. If she continues, ask her to leave. Hitting another human being when your life isn't in danger, is just animal behavior.
You never fight before for your life
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 20, 2020
osazsky:
everything has a price we can start from somewhere if I cant afford it I rest its biz na.not everyone that comes to my company buys my product..if they cant afford it after negotiation they leave
i don't even think you are my target customer to begin with.

But it won't hurt to sniff around grin

In that case, 1million asking.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by jaxxy(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Thanks for this, exactly what I am doing trying to be my the best on daily basis without running another man's race.

That is it bro! Burna boy didn’t happen over night, he toiled for years and his break through came, same with Banky w, wizkid, dangote etc, It takes sm time.

We all have our own race. Just make a good plan. Always have a plan and follow it. Why doesn’t ur wife do Smtn to support? Looks for a lucrative business training for her based on what she’s passionate about or good at, let her contribute no matter how small.

She seems to be very ambitious which I like bt it must be done the right way. Period!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 10:26pm On May 20, 2020
m140:

My brother, it's like you really cool. Woman matter levity hands no be am ooo. Do wetin you fit , no go kee yoursef ooo.
I am a very cool person but with short temper which made me give her the slap but slapping her at the back wasn't the best choice either......doing most things for our daughter

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo) / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.