Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80315 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ademidedavid(f): 9:26am On May 17, 2020
asapeola:
Dear Ademidedavid, I decided to reply ur post cos I av experienced ur situation personally: Just fresh from NYSC, I was teaching but I had an ex who sometimes moaned abt my paygrade (just abt 33k/month then). She would ask "When r u gonna get a car?" And I would be like "Are u normal?" (In MC Macaroni's voice). Then she nearly confused my life when suddenly she said "My friend's boyfriend just gave her (the friend) 100k for fun." Bros, we talking abt my slightly over my 3 months salary o! I argued it as a man but i was worried (as u were) that my woman was bn influenced and I just cant help it. Eventually, it turned out that the 100k wasnt actually a gift but for other purposes. But what if i had done something drastic just to "meet up"? Na so i for just kee myself for nothing.
Many people have bashed on u here, some actually right and some too extreme! I still wouldnt wanna bash for u laying ur hand on ur wife cos I wasnt in the situation u faced, ur apology may depend on ur wife's reaction after that action of urs. Did she stop nagging? Did she realise she's overstepped her bounds n shocked? If she did, then u may apologize. Its always amusing when people say "walk away" lol...dem neva jam a woman in all her glory of fury.
On the flip side, I would suggest u c her moans as her own way of wanting a better life for her family. Trust me, even if uv got all the money in the world, women wld still moan for the nearly impossible like "Making love on the moon"[left][/left]. I really do believe u want the best life for your family and i also must commend u for bn open n honest abt ur finances, pls dnt be discouraged! I was trained that way too but it doesnt mean we shld be careless abt how we spend it. Encourage her to always save from whatever u gv for monthly upkeep and her own income. She needs financial discipline and for her to appreciate hw difficult it is to save and watch money grow.
Thank God ur a civil engineer and a lecturer, well I dnt no hw tight ur schedule but I think u shld start practising ur skills by the side more. U could start by looking for small building projects to consult for (even if na just bungalow) and u also need to update ur skills regularly. I have a civil engineer colleague (tho we r in the power industry), but he gets small jobs via referrals mostly and yet we work for a private firm!
Lastly, an advice from a brother, U need to be careful with ur wife cos when a woman starts getting so influenced from the outside...its always not easy to turn their heads back in. Just gats continue to talk more with her n show her all d cards, hopefully she go reason with u.

God be with you bro and ur family.

Its a long story, Aye! No vex!!!
Thanks so much brother, I took my time to read and digest your write and its so helpful, I so much appreciate your contribution. God bless you and yours.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by GeneralPula: 7:39pm On May 20, 2020
sad

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by apexc1849: 7:42pm On May 20, 2020
[color=#] 659616[/color]
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by apexc1849: 7:42pm On May 20, 2020
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by 12345baba(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2020
If she says go out and make money , just go and book a hotel room and rest with ur smallie girlfriend. In the evening go home and form tiredness. With that peace will reign and u will live longer

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by faithfull18(f): 7:44pm On May 20, 2020
Hmmn.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2020
Another evidence that slay queens are getting better husband than Church girls. 99% of Complaints of Married Men about their wives attitude on this forum can be summarized as REGRETS OF MARRYING A SLAY QUEEN cool

10 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by nitt: 7:45pm On May 20, 2020
HarunaWest:
Sorry to say, if I were in your shoes, that slap will land on her cheeks. I hate when people don't appreciate someone's efforts.

If she want to live flamboyant, then let her make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round, if she doesn't seem it fit to apologize to you, just dey look am.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff.Cheers

Op read and adopt this.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by gunners160(m): 7:46pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Thanks a lot, she's asleep now.....I sincerely appreciate.
dnt apologize, look up. if u apologize it will make u look weak. Yes u should not have raises ur hands but it is a done act and I belief this will make her seat up

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by grafixdon: 7:48pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap

You make absolutely no sense. Next time, don't give advice, you're not good at it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by jeff1607(m): 7:49pm On May 20, 2020
the people giving advice aren't even married neither have they been able to hold down a relationship for long

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
She asked for money and you beat her.
Imagine such happening to your daughter. If it reaches your ears, will you be happy?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by onome2013: 7:51pm On May 20, 2020
Is very very unfortunate , because with my experience,you have to start preparing for the worst scenerio. With what you wrote ,she has grown wild and maybe in friendship with very bad friends ,whom are influencing her attitude negatively..

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by OsuIgboIpob: 7:51pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap
Shut up!
F-up say wetin happen?

Senseless kid mentality.

You will grow brain someday...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by michael316: 7:51pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:

mr man somebody is complaining about extravagant woman you are here saying apologies. You dont have the slightest idea of this man is talking about. Women are terrible. Don't ever make woman your friend. They are like raven wolves

6 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by OsuIgboIpob: 7:52pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:

Very Stupîd asslicking comment

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by KIDfurniture(m): 7:52pm On May 20, 2020
I repeat never marry a woman that have tasted lavish lifestyle. Most of them have dated so many yahoo boys and even ritualist. It's important to find out whom she has been with oh. Once a woman taste lavish lifestyle nothing can make her manage with a 100k salary earner for long.

ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by frank41(m): 7:52pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=ademidedavid post=89482112]
She tends to be the best wife and mum if their is money but changes once its the opposite even her mum noticed her mood

But don't you think her attitude could be from her friends or those she associates with?

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by michael316: 7:52pm On May 20, 2020
grafixdon:

You make absolutely no sense. Next time, don't give advice, you're not good at it
thank you bros. That guy lack sense

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Goodnigga: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Yes, she has been listening to how most of her friends have travelled out and seeing them on social media, how they send things home and the others on instagram but are we now running a race? Not that we are doing so badly here in Nigeria.
Hmm. I feel you nigga from a Goodnigga. Women are often destroyed by friends, just the way Eve was destroyed by her best friend ,serpent. The worst scenario is that, they believe their friends more than you. It is the life of women. However, you can't kill yourself to sponsor your wife extravagances. Tell her the state of things calmly. And if she still insist, tell her she is free to have her life that for now you can't afford that. Stand your ground and watch her reactions, that will determine your REACTION!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by omotoyossi(m): 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
You've entered one chance,seriously. A wife like that is worst than the devil. Maybe u didn't do ur due diligence on her b4 marriage. It's this kinda woman that pushes husband to early death.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by grafixdon: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Oga, don't put yourself under unnecessary pressure just to please your wife. Na her mate dey support their husband with millions. Wetin she don do for you?

Seems you exchanged words with your wife often. If e easy why she never make am and support you. Stop entertaining her with your response, she doesn't deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by friendl: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
I bet she is from IMO mbaise ?

Crazy ladies

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by verycheese: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
The most urgent question for you to ask is 'how can I show regret for my lack of restraint and laying my hands on another adult who is married to me?', after you have gotten help for that one you will then ask about how to change mentality.

You mentioned laying your hands on your wife in passing and excusing your behaviour as ordinarily you are not like that. How many ppl that have provoked 6ou outside your home have you beaten? You have problem.

So you don't know that marriage is dynamic and issues will come up, it's your wife today, tomorrow it will be you who has deviated from some standards, in fact you have deviated by beating her. If she had beaten you back forr deviating from a Godly man to the one that beats his wife, would you have understood? Answer me or you pass who dem go beat? Unto say you carry XY chromosome. And it's a big fat lie that your dad has never beaten your mum, you just chose to blot it out of your memory. Fix your priorities dear

ademidedavid:

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by apexc3878: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by olancho: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
With the way you sounded, you are very responsible and truthful fellow. I know you are feeling so bad that you raised your hand on your wife because of her attitude, my brother let me tell you the truth the hard way is the best way. Please don't mind her cut your coat according to your clothes, she has bad friends that are influencing her, what she does not know is that you have a good and secured job which you will grow to become a director one day or even perm sec and then you will balance for life. Don't let her influence you and push you into illegal things that you live to regret.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
Prayers.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Harmlesspill(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:

Dang!!!
Do you have sense at all? Hitting his wife has degraded him, but the wife was not degraded by running her mouth like a tap.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by obowunmi(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2020
You are handsome.

Dump her and find someone else who makes you happy. Life is too short.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Darlingboy4sure(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2020
I really don't understand how this life would look without money!

Man don't kill urself just to satisfy someone else's quest for flamboyancy.

Believe me, if u kill urself just to get it done at all cost, she moves on even before u get buried.

So do ur best and leave the rest to ur maker

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by frank41(m): 7:56pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=ademidedavid post=89482112]
She tends to be the best wife and mum if their is money but changes once its the opposite even her mum noticed her mood

But don't you think her attitude could be from her friends or those she associates with? If yes, pls try as much as possible to disengage her from them before it gets late.

Most ladies are deeply influenced by what they hear.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by GamalNasser: 7:56pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

You married a survivalist..Naso Dem way be ..Always trying to survive instead of living

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

First Families Of The World.(pics) / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.