Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80364 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by MPESA(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap

You are not making sense here..... BTW are you married , bring a solution not blaming game because the deed has been done.....
P.s
Am not in support of him beating his wife ..... But his wife is been influenced from outside, he should watch his wife friends.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by DenreleDave(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2020
LegitGirl:

You’re not a serious person. You’re not the talking type... what are you then, the beating type?

Nonsense and ingredients! Coward!

Hypocrite, ur type na hin dey endure blows for their relationship and still love the man..

Coming here to make mount... Swerve joor

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Zdoh(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:

I like men wey get sense, who you owe are your parents, I doubt if he has a wife like that he can remember to buy anything for his parents.

I repeat young guys try and secure your future even though you are married, investing in a woman is bad business

Some will ask how is it bad business?

If you try all you could to satisfy a greedy woman when it's time to leave, she will leave you to your fate and by that time you won't have anything left with you again, because all your money was been consumed by her.

I was given a marriage list of about 1.5 million just the list only, that's what is delaying me from getting married, what did I do, I paused the marriage.

Now I am building a 5 self-contained rooms for rent, I will finish that before I continue the marriage because I come to realize that for marriage to be successful it's money that drives love now.

God bless ypu for that bold step
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Idiotmod: 8:17pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Yes, she has been listening to how most of her friends have travelled out and seeing them on social media, how they send things home and the others on instagram but are we now running a race? Not that we are doing so badly here in Nigeria.
Why her father no con send am abroad. Anyone that want to criticize me should do, if na me I go beat am well well

5 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by DenreleDave(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
MPESA:

You are not making sense here..... BTW are you married , bring a solution not blaming game because the deed has been done.....
P.s
Am not in support of him beating his wife ..... But his wife is been influenced from outside, he should watch his wife friends.

That guy or girl called Meetme01 no get sense..
He no even advice am at all. Just spewing thrash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by bist: 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
Your wife needs another brain reset.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Barristter07: 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
klenton:

you are just an empty vessel, na coconut water full that your head

what is it with Africans and religious belief, kneel down pray, have faith like a mustard seed!!! must everything be about religion the woman's request is stupid and that is what it is, which one is pray for God to give you the money, what happens to the woman praying on her own for God to give her the money.

do you know how many families that are looking for money just to eat, money to buy drugs, do you know how many families that does not have a decent shelter over there heads, families that cant afford a hospital, what happens to thanking God and been grateful, must it be pray for one luxury or the other.

and let's say u prayed ur way to a dubia trip, what if the woman needs a gwagon tomorrow or even cravings to fly private jet or a cruise trip round the world and you couldn't pray yourself out of it....i dont know why some women have failed to be reasonable as a people, is it that there processing brain is limited from birth, honestly it differs logic.

That's just it, she would keep demanding.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by flexerking(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
wait she wan travel abroad leave u with ur own money

it is well. she belongs to the streets

6 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Imustreturn(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
jesmond3945:
but my brother you must find a way to nip this in the bud o. It is just a matter of time your wife would fall into temptation.
if she hasn't already. They find way to cus wahala. So that they will use it as excuse
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by apexc4134: 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by placeofallure(f): 8:19pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Yes, she has been listening to how most of her friends have travelled out and seeing them on social media, how they send things home and the others on instagram but are we now running a race? Not that we are doing so badly here in Nigeria.

Instagram Ehn! What insta is doing to the psyche of many women! I deleted Instagram from my phone tey tey! She is foolish. A saying goes: A wise woman builds her home and a foolish one, pulls it down with her own hands. You have a husband bringing in a whole 100k to the table every month and you're behaving like a tart. What if he's lost his job, or he's late or she's a single mum? 100k may not be able to achieve much but it's something. Why are the girls of nowadays so foolish like this?

Does she have leprosy? By that I mean does she work? If yes, then she should know how easy it is to wake up and go out every day. Sustaining the family is not the sole responsibility of the men, any girl with that mentally in this age is archaic and obsolete. If my husband builds 2 houses, who said I cannot build 1? if he owns a company, who said I can't own 2?

Go and report her to her parents jare and please try not to get physical with her so that slap will not turn to box, then kick, then hospital or mortuary and finally jail. Be careful and good luck with that.

11 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Angelacruz: 8:19pm On May 20, 2020
Y cant she use her money? ...smh
ademidedavid:

She's into her own business......that's my only regret, I wish I never raised my hands on her.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Chiomsies: 8:19pm On May 20, 2020
Oga,being a real man entails self control, all women are the same o they have power in the mouth and most times don't mean what they say,you should never have raised your hand on a woman,wife or not. That said, please apologize to your wife and have a talk with her,fighting gets you no where and don't be deceived that a another wife will do better.
Please don't lay your hands on. Any woman ever again

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by stormborn28(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:
Mr cautioner, hope you don't continue this way, if your wife can't tell you to go out and hustle I wonder who can encourage you in this life
did you read the thread at all... For your information, the husband is not jobless..
During this COVID-19, my income has reduced by half. So does that mean my wife shouldn't give me peace of mind. women ,you better be careful.. If she wants to go into prostitution to finance her extravagant life, she should tell her husband... I hate nonsense ooooooooo
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by MansoryMX(m): 8:21pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:
Mr cautioner, hope you don't continue this way, if your wife can't tell you to go out and hustle I wonder who can encourage you in this life

It seems your brain is paining you. Didn’t you read the part were he said he does a Federal job worth 100k monthly and other side hustling? or you just want to display your fish brain

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by stormborn28(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2020
LegitGirl:

You’re not a serious person. You’re not the talking type... what are you then, the beating type?

Nonsense and ingredients! Coward!

did you read the thread at all... For your information, the husband is not jobless..
During this COVID-19, my income has reduced by half. So does that mean my wife shouldn't give me peace of mind. women ,you better be careful.. If she wants to go into prostitution to finance her extravagant life, she should tell her husband... I hate nonsense ooooooooo
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by pawn89(m): 8:23pm On May 20, 2020
Chiomsies:
Oga,being a real man entails self control, all women are the same o they have power in the mouth and most times don't mean what they say,you should never have raised your hand on a woman,wife or not. That said, please apologize to your wife and have a talk with her,fighting gets you no where and don't be deceived that a another wife will do better.
Please don't lay your hands on. Any woman ever again

I did not get the opportunity to read everyone's comment, but this very one here, is what I'd do if I were to be in your shoes.

There is power in the mouth of a woman, guide her to use that mouth and make good pronouncements and see how favor will smile on you from all angles
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by kwasoly(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2020
Check the kind of friends she follows/listens to and also confirm the people she follows on social media.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by otokx(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

Sell your TV and decoder for a start
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Barristter07: 8:25pm On May 20, 2020
Emmytrill:
With all what I have been reading online since this lockdown, I can't just help but thank God for my wife o. No troubles, we manage the little we have, drink garri when there is non and smile through it all. Baba God thank u!

Wow, you are blessed. , please dont cheat on that Beautiful creature
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by salisuammy(f): 8:25pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

I am not the lazy type, I work hard to cater for my family, I am a federal worker and still didn't relent on that, a level 8 officer.....that was the statement that got me vexed, despite my hard work?

Download and watch DISCONTENT ( Nigerian movie by Rok Studio) together.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by petitejolie(f): 8:26pm On May 20, 2020
People that can’t even handle a relationship are just talking too. Seee marriage is not about head knowledge or what and how u think it should be. U have to be in it to understand where the OP is coming from. Let the married Nairalanders give him d needed advice they understand better
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Abagworo(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

You are definitely not a poor man going by your claims so I agree with you there is an outside influence. It could be fake life of her friends on social media because a lot of people claim all is well on social media while the ignorant gullible envy them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by VictorBode(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2020
Titugirl:
Been reading a lot about marital challenges here lately

Coronavirus has got them stuck at home.

China has even seen an increase in Divorce cases.

So sad
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by DenreleDave(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

Stewwpeeed and senseless comment....
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by kolade560: 8:29pm On May 20, 2020
she will cheat with d look of things,, forget story of not beating man, some beating are auto correct.
let her father send her abroad. I hate rubbish.
mingling with bad friends and over Instagram

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by investorMK(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2020
I wonder where una dey pick this kind woman dey marry....

@OP tell her to go and hustle

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by emetisuccess(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2020
Sorry man, u gave her a brain reset
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by DenreleDave(m): 8:30pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

It's good know that you work but if you're generous with her and your kid she won't insist that you should hustle for more. I don't want to believe that she's a wicked person as you paint her to be. It's because you're not giving enough and she's probably finding it hard to continue keeping quiet. Most women want their husbands around the house not outdoors all the time unless he's not doing enough financially. Let her also work to cater for her needs too but if you're the stingy type also try adjusting. Stop cautioning with your hands, she's not a Goat

She is a goat

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by NuclearGodzilla: 8:30pm On May 20, 2020
This is the second time this post is making front-page or am I missing something?
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by VictorBode(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

You're already getting worked up sir please deal with your anger issues

You assumed he is not giving his wife money and now you're saying he has anger issues. You're a hypocrite.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by xavier047: 8:31pm On May 20, 2020
Zoie:

She asked for money and you beat her.
Imagine such happening to your daughter. If it reaches your ears, will you be happy?

Guess you did not read the full info.
Once you are done reading, please respond to the OP with advice on how to help his marriage and if you don't have anything to say, kindly use your data for something you can wrap your head on.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.