Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80323 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by howmarket2: 8:07pm On May 20, 2020
please I want to advocate something. the type of women we have in our generation isnt the marriage type of women.cant we men also develop. and do as the do, for example once ur wife ask you to over work ur self.u move her out of ur house.or we shouldn't even get married again. just get children.this news about women is too much.well thank God I dont have a gf for now.i ll never open my heart to love again.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Abdul9025(m): 8:07pm On May 20, 2020
Just go on strike.. Take a break from the relationship

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by buzorcharles(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2020
No be her mates dey surprise their husbands with new house and car?

In fact use her do ritual and move on. I hate nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Harmlesspill(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2020
HarunaWest:
Sorry to say, if I were in your shoes, that slap will land on her cheeks. I hate when people don't appreciate someone's efforts.

If she want to live flamboyant, then let her make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round, if she doesn't seem it fit to apologize to you, just dey look am.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff.Cheers
You good!!
Be the man and be in charge!!!
You only spoke to her with the language she understood at that particular time.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by oyewale0001(m): 8:09pm On May 20, 2020
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Dollabiz: 8:09pm On May 20, 2020
Be a man before anything

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by History555: 8:09pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

I am not painting her black, I love and cherish her just saying it as it is......she knows my salary, once it comes in I transfer larger part of it to her, I am open with my ATM password and I am not the outgoing type.....I stopped drinking long ago, if I am stingy to my family with my finances the why am I working?
now i see your problem you hve relinquished your throne to your wife now she has no respect. You transfer a large part of your salary and she disrespects u. Dude one day she will take that large part and travel abroad and leave u in naija.

My friend man up. Marriage is not do or die. Why are u taking nonsense from your wife. Are u sure u are a man

11 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Kenturkey048(m): 8:10pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

She's into her own business......that's my only regret, I wish I never raised my hands on her.
Bros I swear to God you didn't mess up..If you apologize to her ,you f*ck up big time..always make women remember you are the head ...

how can your wife,the person you married and swore for better for worst with still be the same person pressuring you to go illegal....

Instead of assisting you build an empire rather she wants to destroy the little way you are moving.....

You see why I say if you give women chance they gonna ruin your life....

10 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by daben1(m): 8:10pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:
Mr cautioner, hope you don't continue this way, if your wife can't tell you to go out and hustle I wonder who can encourage you in this life
It's obvious you don't know the meaning of "encouragementl

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Angelacruz: 8:10pm On May 20, 2020
Ignore her.If she wat to leave nija,she should use her money.Abi is she not working??i hate entitled women.Dnt let her push you to d wall else it will end in tears
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Goldie16(f): 8:11pm On May 20, 2020
Let her leave, she will realize that the grass isn't greener outside. Please don't stress yourself. If she wants extravagant life, she should work.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by DADAYO5: 8:11pm On May 20, 2020
The tap on the back wasn't necessary Mr,
...as for your wife,I am speechless!

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by MansoryMX(m): 8:11pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap

Spare the rod and spoil the wife.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Bulletproof: 8:11pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

You're already getting worked up sir please deal with your anger issues

Una sef.

Wetin bring anger issue for wetin the guy talk now

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by donkingzton01(m): 8:11pm On May 20, 2020

7 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Bulletproof: 8:12pm On May 20, 2020
Mariangeles:

You're seeing things that aren't there...
Your type can accuse one wrongly!

I taya for her o.

Me sef shock, wetin concern anger issues for the matter now

7 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Kenturkey048(m): 8:12pm On May 20, 2020
History555:
now i see your problem you hve relinquished your throne to your wife now she has no respect. You transfer a large part of your salary and she disrespects u. Dude one day she will take that large part and travel abroad and leave u in naija.

My friend man up. Marriage is not do or die. Why are u taking nonsense from your wife. Are u sure u are a man
bros I taya ooh....I don't understand the level of balless men these days...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Mrsprof(f): 8:12pm On May 20, 2020
Start up a business for her or let her get a job. Both of you need to sit down and talk it out when she's in her right mood. These days only the man can not provide for the family, except if she's not reasonable enough
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Stillthebest: 8:12pm On May 20, 2020
kiss

I know one Baba that can help you use her for money rituals.

You would only need to make sure she's comfortable and provide everything for her.

But she will be as useless as the money you spend on her.

Isnt it money, more money and excess money she wants? Since she wants you to run faster than your shadow. Let her be the atonement and the factor of sacrifice.

I rather cry in a Lamborghini than smile on a bicycle gang!

As per hitting her,wait! You said "beating" beating is bigger than hitting man but pls don't do that again either hitting or beating. But I am afraid , you have launched it already, you need Grace, more Grace and excess Grace just like your wife needs money not to beat her again!

Dont apologise for beating her. She should apologise to you for asking you to double up unnecessarily especially if she had said it rudely.

She's pushing you and if you agreed to be pushed and get into trouble, she will find another man!

Only weak men apologise to a woman on issues they don't have to. And women don't like weak men!

They like strong men who love but stand firm for something!

So, seriously if you have a way to double up legally that won't get u into trouble. Kindly, do. It is for your good, hers and the family.

Money is good my brother but it is not a measurement for success!

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ernie1234(m): 8:13pm On May 20, 2020
LegitGirl:

You’re not a serious person. You’re not the talking type... what are you then, the beating type?

Nonsense and ingredients! Coward!

Hello girl are you married?
If you are not married, you don't have anything right to comment on this topic. I am not supporting him beating his wife, but when issues start coming up in an unstable home, you need the grace of God to endure not hitting your wife.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Harmlesspill(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Thanks a lot, she's asleep now.....I sincerely appreciate.

My brother apologize no shit!!
I bet you she won't try such nonsense again.
What are you apologising for??
Behave as if nothing happened,,create that fear.Sometimes that's the only language they understand

6 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by DenreleDave(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap

U av not still address the matter..... U still encourage him to lie to his wife
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Angelacruz: 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
D tin pain me.Cant she work?.Cheers sis
Bola146:
O ga o, let her know your worth, and always stand on how you manage your expenses. She is physically okay, let her go and work harder so that she can lavish it anyhow sad . I don't know why some women no get sense undecided
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Kenturkey048(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:
Mr cautioner, hope you don't continue this way, if your wife can't tell you to go out and hustle I wonder who can encourage you in this life
You are the kinda wife the O.P is complaining about...

May God not allow unmarried folks encounter deep ungrateful beast like you as wife...

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Imjustagirl(f): 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

Check her friends o. They are putting things in her ears and she also wants to compete with them. Women can fall into peer pressure too.

She needs to change friends asap

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Barristter07: 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
Ybaby:

You are welcome sir.

You are going higher beyond your imagination this year.

All your wife wants will be chicken change to you and guess what you will not compromise your morality

Because you are alive men will be able to feed thier family through companies you have created.

Your divine Angels will help you. You are already the provider in your household and that will never stop. I appreciate you for providing for your household. God Almighty who made you the head of that home will uphold you.

I see you healthy and wealthy. God bless you bro.

I am sending you kind thoughts my bro.

If he like send her 1Million per day for shopping, If she want to cheat and Nag , she will Still nag and cheat. Una no read story of Joseph and Portiphar wife for Bible ? Portiphar gave her outmost comfort, but she still dey eye Joseph , no be so . Sit down there . Instead of you to caution his wife Outrageous demands. Just as you advised him. Instead you only focus on the man.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by bigiyaro(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
OP, she's just met/made a new friend, her conscience is still working, that's why she asking you for money, when you keep coming up short, the new friend will show her how to make money to live the "good life" if care is not taken your marriage may break up.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by howmarket2: 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
History555:
Op, my wife tried such stunt with me, that see emeka is rich, he flies to and fro with his wife and kids.
i told her neva to repeat such nonsense to my ears. That the next time she does so i will kick her out of my house so that she can go and marry emeka.
Secondly i told her to go and work for her money that she's a liability and i hate liabilities. Afterall there are millions of women working abi she get she fine pass them.
But trust women she repeated it again and i gave it back to her that chika is a woman like her yet is working, earning money and not a liability she should go and find work.
This is a woman i hve never asked for a dime during dating and being married. Since then she has not tried it.
Op, in marriage dont take nonsense from your wife, taking and swallowing insult is not a sign of maturity but mumurity.
Another example during an argument my wife said she regrets getting married to me, i replied i regret marrying her too. Should we file for divorce she kept quiet.
Ooooop man up you are the king in the marriage not your wife. No time 4 nonsense
exactly. me am not married, you no why? I want to no my self first so I can look any idiot into his or her eyes and tell them, look this is me.and quote from my yrs, at so so yr I was in the army like my father will alway do.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Goddys(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2020
This is one reason I choose to remain single. Anytime I feel like I'm tired, I sleep and rest the whole day.

I am not hustling for any woman. I have a child out of wedlock and I think he is enough for me. If I need another, I may simply adopt one in due time.

People are stressing themselves for nothing in the name of marriage. Average lifespan of a Nigerian is 70 years. I am ready to disown anything that will try to take away my peace perpetually especially women

13 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by MansoryMX(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2020
Bola146:
O ga o, let her know your worth, and always stand on how you manage your expenses. She is physically okay, let her go and work harder so that she can lavish it anyhow sad . I don't know why some women no get sense undecided

Not just some. A lot of women of this generation from the age of 14-40yrs lack basic parental home training. Broken marriages yakpata. My wife wan carry exactly this kind leg a year ago in our marriage. You know what I did? I transferred all my money from all 3 accounts to that of my company account and told her we are broke. We ate from the gutter, 4 good months to an extent 2 months she nor do hair and she learnt her lesson, today she nor dare ask me money for irrelevant things. I told her after u are done with your NYSC and working, you can lavish your own money. wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by andyanders: 8:16pm On May 20, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:

Shut up!
F-up say wetin happen?

Senseless kid mentality.

You will grow brain someday...
Don't mind that idiot @meetme01. What op did is right and owe the woman no appology. If op is bad and been pushed to the wall, he now soil his hands to get that money at all cost to please the woman, and end up destroying his life, who now takes the blame.

A guy faced same issue with the wife as she told the husband to get money at all cost, the guy is rich now but the wife is dead, nobody knows what and how the wife died and his sudden wealth.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by franklinnwaGOD(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:

abeg shut up if u don't have anything important to say.which one b apologize.in this critical period it take a senseless woman to behave like that.
she need some brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

First Families Of The World.(pics) / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.