Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,405 members, 7,954,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? (21366 Views)

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Judolisco(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2020
It depends on d type of failure u r talking about
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by oyewale0001(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2020
It is well.

Nobody as the right to blame anybody, when the father and mother get to heaven, God will decide who to blame. Sefini.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by NaijaFutbol: 10:58am On May 13, 2020
What is a failure?
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Harunabisanti(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2020
All of the above
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by simplepee(f): 10:59am On May 13, 2020
ENVIRONMENT. Sometimes, the parents tries their best but the child still fails.

I solemnly vote for ENVIRONMENT.

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by hakeem4(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:

And religion gets a zero
religion does not help train anybody

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by ChiefAfonja: 11:00am On May 13, 2020
When it comes to blame

For any reason

Let's blame Buhari grin
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by solomorinho(m): 11:01am On May 13, 2020
U....amean you shocked shocked
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by faithfull18(f): 11:02am On May 13, 2020
pyyxxaro:

After blaming Buhari, I would blame you tooo
Which one is my own there now undecided
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Trupz: 11:02am On May 13, 2020
If a child is failing as a child, 100% blame goes to the parents. I believe parents aggregately and not as separate entities are responsible for the wellbeing and proper development of their child.

No blame game, no shifting of blames or responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by seedorfg(m): 11:02am On May 13, 2020
Parent, but most especially their mother.

Because I know the impact of mothers to children in terms of moral upbringing. Take for instance dad is always busy except sunday, but even when mother is busy she still has the observation of what is happening to his children than their father.

Some mothers influence their child in bad upbringing while some mother brought up their children in a moral and respectful way in the society.

Father has little to do compare to mother in upbringing.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by iCauseTrouble: 11:03am On May 13, 2020
1 - 24 years - Blame the parents
25 years and above - Blame the child

4 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Judybash93(m): 11:03am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:

And religion gets a zero

An amen to that brother
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Atesko(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2020
gRESEARCHER:

20% Father
50% Mother
30% Society
what of some of use that are brough up in a none female compound. we were all male and cook for ourselves, right from 5 till 20.

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Farki: 11:04am On May 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

I'd like is to have this argument !
You just highlighted here that the mother should take 50% I don't know your reasons , but i want to glance at your thoughts , and I expect your reply to be .
Cos the mom is always around them , I don't understand how two people would have a child and one takes the larger share of the child's upbringing....now most moms work just same hours as the dads , if not more but society still tends to blame the mom for poor upbringing of the child .....
Fathers make the mistake as a result of what the society has constructed ,to always think thier wives should train the children why they portray themselves as head of the home with biblical references.
Saying moms should take 50% while fathers take 20 ks like saying lalastic.lala should take the blame for nairaland's failure instead of se.un

Ok please I'm not a child psychologist or whatever but here's my take. It is often claimed that most of a child's intelligence is determined majorly by the mother's intelligence. Since most children spent time with their mothers because of culture, father's working and simple necessity of living they are going to subconsciously influenced by the mother's actions.

3 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by RedBororo(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2020
Family
Religion
Environment
Teachers
everybody have a part to play in bringing up a child but the bulk and total responsibility lies on parent and their DNA, By DNA i mean when you marry someone or make baby with be sure to understudy the person and family and know their history. so you do not produce a failed child
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2020
family. ..they are the first and closest to the child
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:06am On May 13, 2020
Instagram... social media... bad friends
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by omolola12345(m): 11:06am On May 13, 2020
What is the definition of the failure. We have different types of failure in life. Please be specific.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by oyewale0001(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

I'd like is to have this argument !
You just highlighted here that the mother should take 50% I don't know your reasons , but i want to glance at your thoughts , and I expect your reply to be .
Cos the mom is always around them , I don't understand how two people would have a child and one takes the larger share of the child's upbringing....now most moms work just same hours as the dads , if not more but society still tends to blame the mom for poor upbringing of the child .....
Fathers make the mistake as a result of what the society has constructed ,to always think thier wives should train the children why they portray themselves as head of the home with biblical references.
Saying moms should take 50% while fathers take 20 ks like saying lalastic.lala should take the blame for nairaland's failure instead of se.un

Oga, na mama dey always enjoy pikin pass. Especially during old age. Is either dad is dead or sideline. Simi case, na only her mama we dey always see for social media.

3 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by DM007: 11:07am On May 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5zv3dAHkY please check out this music video
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Justiceleague1: 11:07am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:
Who really is responsible for the failure of a child in the society?

Just here to learn, the child itself is not an option here.

While growing up these are the common factors, that can make or destroy a child.

But really who do we blame, for the childs failure?

Family
Religion
Environment
Teachers

Parents
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Nobody: 11:08am On May 13, 2020
The woman,Yes the woman, definitely is the woman and don't ask me why angry
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by money121(m): 11:09am On May 13, 2020
Ok
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Nobody: 11:09am On May 13, 2020
I guess both parent are to be blamed
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:09am On May 13, 2020
Parents
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by ENeky: 11:10am On May 13, 2020
Family 65%
Religion 5%
Environment 20%
Teacher 10%
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Prenonjebose: 11:11am On May 13, 2020
All of the aforementioned.
Family - Primary and constant contact.
Teacher - Secondary, knowledge base and constant.
Religion - Secondary, spiritual base and constant.
Environment - Secondary, societal, peer base and constant
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by kemii4530: 11:11am On May 13, 2020
[color=#] 10656[/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Praises All Nigerian Men For Staying Strong Despite Challenges / Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute / Things Disappear In My House All The Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.