Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? (20615 Views)

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by favour442(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2020
peer group influence.. that's all... no matter your home training.. if the child is surrounded by wolves.. he'll soon become one

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Enterusernamehe(f): 11:14am On May 13, 2020
gRESEARCHER:

20% Father
50% Mother
30% Society
Look here, you can't blame the majority on the mother because the father also plays an equal part in a child's life. This is not the olden days where women don't work. So the major blame should not be rested on the mother alone.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Poorboy41: 11:14am On May 13, 2020
Devil naah
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by martowskin1(m): 11:15am On May 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

I'd like is to have this argument !
You just highlighted here that the mother should take 50% I don't know your reasons , but i want to glance at your thoughts , and I expect your reply to be .
Cos the mom is always around them , I don't understand how two people would have a child and one takes the larger share of the child's upbringing....now most moms work just same hours as the dads , if not more but society still tends to blame the mom for poor upbringing of the child .....
Fathers make the mistake as a result of what the society has constructed ,to always think thier wives should train the children why they portray themselves as head of the home with biblical references.
Saying moms should take 50% while fathers take 20 ks like saying lalastic.lala should take the blame for nairaland's failure instead of se.un

Ask ur self why mothers most times win custody of kids after divorce.

There is this bond between mothers and kids and not even the father can come close to that.

That bond alone is the advantage mothers will ever have over kids.

Even if mothers works same time as fathers kids are still closer to mothers at the development age

2 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by martowskin1(m): 11:17am On May 13, 2020
Enterusernamehe:

Look here, you can't blame the majority on the mother because the father also plays an equal part in a child's life. This is not the olden days where women don't work. So the major blame should not be rested on the mother alone.

Let me ask u, during the development age of the kids who are thy closer to, mother or father.

Ask ur self why do court easily grant mothers custody during divorce.

There is a bond between kids and mothers civilisation can't take away.... That bond is the advantage mother's can use to bring this kids up in their own way.

U think the breast milk is just for feeding alone?

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by OKTolu: 11:21am On May 13, 2020
the child has the greater blame for fucking up his or her life,then the parents
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 13, 2020
No need for blame game its nature. Some will succeed, some will be just there, some will fail
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by jericco1(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2020
The parents, the child & society
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by humilitypays(m): 11:23am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:
Who really is responsible for the failure of a child in the society?

Just here to learn, the child itself is not an option here.

While growing up these are the common factors, that can make or destroy a child.

But really who do we blame, for the childs failure?

Family
Religion
Environment
Teachers
Nigerian failed government through their corrupt practices, stupid policies without proper implementation.

In most western and developed countries, every child is a success based on his or her dream or vision. If you want to be a dancer you will be a successful dancer in developed countries and you will never beg for food or job.....if you are a model the same, engineer, doctor, accountant, lawyer, babysitter, baby-minder, gardener, security personnel, driver, bartender, waitress, hotelier, stripper, sex worker, etc.....no matter your field or career, you will never beg for food or alms, you will be satisfied and fulfilled, and if you chose to be an employee, you will never need to fast for 30 days to secure a job that will take care of you.

Nigeria as a nation is a failure so everybody in it, including the president is a failure and to be blamed for any Nigerian child's failure angry angry

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Tribalism123(m): 11:23am On May 13, 2020
I THINK THE MOST SUCCESSFUL CHILD SHOULD BE FROM THE SUPPORT BOTH PARENTS GIVE TO THE CHILD WHILE GROWING UP. THESE INCLUDE:
1. UNANIMOUSLY CONDEMNING THE CHILD FOR WRONG DOING. NOT FATHER WILL CONDEMN AND MOTHER WILL PRAISE, VISE VERSA.
2. PRAISING THE CHILD WHEN AND WHERE NECESSARY AS ONE NOT AS INDIVIDUAL PARENTS.
3. STATING THE VALUES OF THE FAMILY WHICH WOULD SUPERSEDE THE environment, religion and any other influence altogether.
4. PARENTS ALSO SHOULD LIVE BY EXAMPLE TO THEIR CHILDREN.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Tchange1(m): 11:29am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:

It's barely 7:30 am, get a life.

The young man answered the question correctly in layman's terms can't you see that (BUHARI & APC) means Government.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Drizzy5001(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2020
We blame Government
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 13, 2020
Both parents. Society and the Church only have little / minor role to play in a child's life.

Now I said its both parents because training begins with them at home from a very tender age. And a child can only be shaped from the tender age of 2 when they have not started mixing up with peers and other groups in the society. So whatever you instill in that child is what will inform and guide his/ her decision when he/she goes out there. if the child is already spoilt from home, he'll easily flow with the bad gangs when he goes out there but if well trained, he'll naturally and wisely chose his peers. Which would now determine his failure or success in life.

How?

Now, ages 2, 3, 4 are the most important developmental stage of any child and it when parents should start teaching and training them on some basic things like moral standards, academical and practical life as this is the time their brains is more absorbent and easy to tame and in the process, their focus level is built. But when parents overlook this stages ( believing they're still too young to know anything) it becomes a problem as they soon go off to school and its easy to learn the bad things as there's nothing in them to serve as a reminder or warning that what they are about picking up in school is wrong. And then they continue like that throughout life except the parents step in along the line to correct somethings which most times is not 100% effective.

Why I said society or religion have little to do is because, most children spoilt from home always feel no body can talk to them since their parents can not talk to them or does not talk to them. So any thing you do will fall on deaf ears. But if parents make them understand it's the same rules everywhere, they'll listen and take to correction anywhere and everywhere they go. And this will help guide them to success.
Speaking from experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by babtoundey(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2020
Everyone that has a role to play in training a child is contributory to whatever a child becomes.

I would have said you blame the society the most but the parents, institution of learning and religious institutions are no just part of the society they shape what the society is.

So this seed of child failure is sown by the parents, watered and fertilized by religious institutions and institutions of learning and then reaped by the society.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 13, 2020
It's beyond human reasoning sometimes
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by risos(m): 11:34am On May 13, 2020
Na who decide to born the pikin in the first place? Hold am should be held responsible.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Staphylococcus: 11:36am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:

While growing up these are the common factors, that can make or destroy a child.

Family
Religion
Environment
Teachers

Now you have to first define what you mean by failure.

From there, I can contribute my quota
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Eniolakiite(f): 11:36am On May 13, 2020
And because of that mindset most people have that a mother is mainly responsible for how a child turns out, leaves some fathers irresponsible and unaccountable

Joshmodest:

I'd like is to have this argument !
You just highlighted here that the mother should take 50% I don't know your reasons , but i want to glance at your thoughts , and I expect your reply to be .
Cos the mom is always around them , I don't understand how two people would have a child and one takes the larger share of the child's upbringing....now most moms work just same hours as the dads , if not more but society still tends to blame the mom for poor upbringing of the child .....
Fathers make the mistake as a result of what the society has constructed ,to always think thier wives should train the children why they portray themselves as head of the home with biblical references.
Saying moms should take 50% while fathers take 20 ks like saying lalastic.lala should take the blame for nairaland's failure instead of se.un

3 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Payroll1001(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2020
tayebest:
I'll put blame on the Environment. Environment has a great influence on children's life. Its an external factors where one learn about life. Even though many parents try to teach their children on how to live good life, and peradventure such child find himself in an environment where social vices is been encourage or practiced often. It will be so hard for such child not to be influenced.

Someone like me learn so much from the street than what I was taught at home.
like wise too na my Environment turn me to confirm street Niggy my parent try every possible best to Change my point of view but it can't cos I believe na Street Sure pass to survive
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Eniolakiite(f): 11:39am On May 13, 2020
They win custody mostly because some men choose to be irresponsible and won’t sit in a place to care and raise their kids.

martowskin1:

There is this bond between mothers and kids and not even the father can come close to that.

Even if mothers works same time as fathers kids are still closer to mothers at the development age

2 Likes

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by jeyselassie(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:

Family
Religion
Environment
Teachers
Blame liquid metal
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 13, 2020
favour442:
peer group influence.. that's all... no matter your home training.. if the child is surrounded by wolves.. he'll soon become one

Thats a big fat lie!

Home training is 100%. Speaking from experience.
My mum taught us at a very tender age so many morals of life that is still guiding me till tomorrow and dad was a disciplinarian to the core. We grew up among wolves, but dad made sure he guarded his territory to the point that all the boys then used to warn themselves to steer clear of Mr. XYZs daughter. And we on the other hand know better than to be found in the wrong places. Up to my secondary school, when girls would bring change of clothes to school to attend after school lit in an all boys school, we couldn't join for fear of what my dad would do to you. If at 2 :05pm you're not home from school, mum would report to dad as soon as he gets back and your ass will hear it. I'm talking about final year in secondary. So when you now get to the uni, you'll have lost interest in bad things or following bad gangs.

Home training is very key and forms the bases of a child's success in life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Askmewhy(m): 11:47am On May 13, 2020
gRESEARCHER:

20% Father
50% Mother
30% Society

Can u please explain.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by Alaganature(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2020
EdEdEddy:

Family
Religion
Environment
Teachers

20% family 0% Religion while 80% goes to the environment.. but I still believe it's the child beliefs to get himself or herself destroy..while growing up have always have this mindset that I will never smoke but at last I got influence by friends which I finally did..but thank God I was able to back off from it on time..so I believe anything a child do shouldn't be blamed by anyone instead the child himself.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by foolbuster: 11:58am On May 13, 2020
MrImole:
93% of the time, it is the child.

Its 100% of the time.
Everybody is responsible for their lives and have no right to blame anyone or thing except themselves.

1 Like

Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by omojesu202(m): 11:59am On May 13, 2020
blame upbringing.

check my personal text on my profile, free sign up let's earn together.
Re: Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? by foolbuster: 12:00pm On May 13, 2020
martowskin1:

This is completely false and a figment of your imagination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives / A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair / Couple Force Daughter To Drink Her Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.