Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,595 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? (17589 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2011
Don't bring in that soulmate matter abeg. Who is a soulmate? Isn't a soulmate your one true love,the one person you're meant to be with? I don't believe in soulmates and that means i don't believe there's one particular person that i'm meant/destined to spend the rest of my life with. I don't believe that it's only one specific person that i can truly love. I believe that i can fall in love more than once and settle down with whoever's best for me,not waiting for some imaginary 'soulmate'. What has that got to do with me thinking that a marriage is simply a trade by barter? In this thread i wasn't talking about the general qualities i want in a mate but the financial expectations i would have. If expecting my husband to take care of me and whatever children we have makes me a gold-digger,then by all means,i'm one.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2011
Atreides:

Too young? *sob sob*. . But why naa? Love has no age. . As for your own,  Well. . Are you tall,dark,handsome,RICH grin grin,igbo(this one is optional but it wouldn't hurt),a good speaker,generous,ripped,under 30?

Anyway, i am just like Banky, but smarter than banky!

If you want Igbo, why Banky?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2011
atreides u is a salaro i swear u give me jokes
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2011
Atreides:

Don't bring in that soulmate matter abeg. Who is a soulmate? Isn't a soulmate your one true love,the one person you're meant to be with? I don't believe in soulmates and that means i don't believe there's one particular person that i'm meant/destined to spend the rest of my life with. I don't believe that it's only one specific person that i can truly love. I believe that i can fall in love more than once and settle down with whoever's best for me,not waiting for some imaginary 'soulmate'. What has that got to do with me thinking that a marriage is simply a trade by barter? In this thread i wasn't talking about the general qualities i want in a mate but the financial expectations i would have. If expecting my husband to take care of me and whatever children we have makes me a gold-digger,then by all means,i'm one.
Lady you just de misyarn there.
To be fair though, I suspect that you got burned sad. You see why they said you should keep your legs closed until marriage? Do you know that 90% of the time the bible preaches against fornication it is for the protection of the female especially the young female.
Be that as it may, you are far too young to be expressing such cynicism.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^

She is 17 and she said she is a virgin on the other thread

Why are you rushing to conclusion
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2011
^Anybody can say anything on the internet, but her claim to virginity does not match her  cynicism about relationships. I don't doubt her age though and you should know that far too many schoolgirls of that age and younger in Nigeria are sexually active.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2011
This bobo is very funny oh. . Which 'cynicism' am i expressing? Because i don't believe there's only one person i can love then means i am not a virgin? How does not believing in the soulmate principle equal being cynical/burned? Try and get what i understand a soulmate to be before you talk,aight? I didn't say i don't believe in love(now that would be cynical),i said i don't believe there's only one person i can truly love. And expecting the head of the house to take care of the house equals being cynical/burned? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Ko ye mi oh. Bros your suspicions are wrong-my legs have been zipped since i came into this world. I've not been burned-i've not even gone near fire sef grin grin grin. . No,i am not sexually active. If you like,believe,if not,don't believe. Whatever fries your dodo jare.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2011
fstranger1:

Anyway, i am just like Banky, but smarter than banky!

If you want Igbo, why Banky?
Banky's own is because of his voice. . Although the igbo part is optional. I usually crush on Igbo boys but if you're fiiine i could make do. . Are you fiiine? grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2011
Idowuogbo:

atreides u is a salaro i swear u give me jokes
I aim to please. grin. . Bawo ni ara yi/aiye e?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^

Are you Igbo?

And BTW, I am more than fine.

White people are komijes, infact it is rush rush they are komijes, no spoon, no fork, with bare hands. . . u understand what I talking? grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2011
^ hehehe
salaro no 2

Atreides:

I aim to please. grin. . Bawo ni ara yi/aiye e?
i dey o mamalet dem talk sey u is clinical wots ur take nkan be o grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^

How is I 'salaro?'
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:49pm On Jan 16, 2011
cus u crazzy, mad funny
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
Noo. . I'm not Igbo. . But i looove Igbo boys. . Kai. . Fine boys no pimples. Igbo bois are fwesh eye-candy!!! @I.D please define 'clinical' oh. .
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^
Idowuogbo:

cus u crazzy, mad funny

I guess you ve been following my exploits on NL

Glad to have made you a fan.

Keep following, there is more to come.

BTW, your username is the shyyt!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by isalegan2: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2011
- -
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2011
Atreides:

Noo. . I'm not Igbo. . But i looove Igbo boys. . Kai. . Fine boys no pimples. Igbo bois are fwesh eye-candy!!! @I.D please define 'clinical' oh. .

So what are you?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2011
Atreides:

This bobo is very funny oh. . Which 'cynicism' am i expressing? Because i don't believe there's only one person i can love then means i am not a virgin? Try and get what i understand a soulmate to be before you talk ehn. I didn't say i don't believe in love(now that would be cynical),i said i don't believe there's only one person i can truly love. Bros your suspicions are wrong-my legs have been zipped since i came into this world. I've not been burned-i've not even gone near fire sef grin grin grin. . No,i am not sexually active. If you like,believe,if not,don't believe. Whatever fries your dodo jare.
Then where are you getting such strongly held thoughts from? Nollywood, rough friends,relations, where exactlyThey don't make much sense to me. Why the emphasis on a guy providing you with material things rather than the attractive  personal attributes you would expect your partner to have?
As for soulmates have you not heard of couples that met in high school, married and lived happily ever after.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2011
@fstranger,I'm proudly Bini.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2011
You're still not getting what i understand a soulmate to be. Take for example,Edward and Bella. They're soulmates,no? But he is not the only guy she fell in love with-she loved with Jacob,and in a normal world,she'd have ended up with Jacob and she would've had a perfectly good life with him. Me,i don't believe in soulmates. I don't believe that there is only ONE person that is specially meant for you. I believe that you can fall in love with more than one person at different times,in different proportions maybe but still pretty much the same. There are too many people out there for me to be unable to truly love more than one person.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:00am On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^
I guess you ve been following my exploits on NL

Glad to have made you a fan.

Keep following, there is more to come.

BTW, your username is the shyyt!
thank u cheesy cheesy cheesy, am awaiting more oo
u don arrive

Atreides:

@I.D please define 'clinical' oh. .
haba u no now , wen u visit d clinic on a regs , its mean clinical grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:02am On Jan 17, 2011
@I.D,Oo gbadun. . grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:03am On Jan 17, 2011
i gbadun pass u sha , btwn u b bini gal
kai u do anyhow , u see anyhow no wonder we relate o grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

@Zimdrill,if you're saying that it's not only one partner that should do the giving,then i agree with that. You should have made that point in the beginning and i woulda agreed with you completely. It's not only the guy who should give things. He can get things/gifts from me too. And no,i do not intend to be a full-time housewife(Tufiakwa!). My point is,whether i am working or not,his responsibilities are his responsiblilities. Feeding,clothing,housing,school fees(when we have kids) are SOLELY his responsibility,as long as he is in a position to do so. If at some point in time he's broke then of course i'll help out.  If there's no money in the house then i'll bring my money. I can also decide to contribute to household funds out of the goodness of my heart,but it still remains HIS responsibility. I'd only be helping out.
You know what, Atreides the husband does all that not because its his duty or his responsibility BUT solely because of LOVE which as you should know is a two way street.
In essence you also would be expected to care for him and your kids if you have the means.
Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about or you are just being incredibly cynical.
Seriously NO MAN of nowadays would even dream of getting married to the woman you just described.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:07am On Jan 17, 2011
@Tensor,'why the emphasis on material things?' Again,you're mixing it up. This thread is not about my general expectations. If it were,being patient,God-fearing,funny etc would be at the top of my list. This is about my financial expectations which is why i didn't mention other things. I cannot just follow any Chike that comes around;i have a right to decide what i'd want in a guy. Being God-fearing,patient,funny,sensitive etc are there. Being financially stable is there too,and it's not gonna change.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:11am On Jan 17, 2011
Dude i will keep saying the same thing; Feeding,housing and clothing are SOLELY his responsibility for as long as he is able to do so. If i want to contribute out of the goodness of my heart,then that's different. If for some reason he doesn't have,then that's different as well. As long as he is head of the house,it is his RESPONSIBILITY to take care of his family. Even the Bible says that. So if you're trying to get me to agree that taking care of his family is not the responsibility of a husband,then you can stop now,because you're not gonna change my mind.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

You're still not getting what i understand a soulmate to be. Take for example,Edward and Bella. They're soulmates,no? But he is not the only guy she fell in love with-she loved with Jacob,and in a normal world,she'd have ended up with Jacob and she would've had a perfectly good life with him. Me,i don't believe in soulmates. I don't believe that there is only ONE person that is specially meant for you. I believe that you can fall in love with more than one person at different times,in different proportions maybe but still pretty much the same. There are too many people out there for me to be unable to truly love more than one person.
I don't know what you are talking about. Hollywood film characters. We are talking about real life here not some stage managed movie scripts.
As for the rest, you just need to be careful and not mix things up.
1)Soulmate is not based on whom you date and "fall in love" with whatever that means. That is not what I am talking about.
2)It does not mean that there is only one person in the world out of billions that can be your soulmate!! Seriously where did you get that one from?
What it simply means is the partner that is compatible with you at the physical,the intellectual,the emotional and the spiritual levels.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:19am On Jan 17, 2011
Idowuogbo:

i gbadun pass u sha , btwn u b bini gal
kai u do anyhow , u see anyhow no wonder we relate o grin grin grin grin
Bini and Yoruba always relate wella. . P.s-I don't do anyhow oh-i'm a good gal!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:26am On Jan 17, 2011
@Tensor,the whole Edward/Bella/Jacob thing was just an example. And please,i NEVER said a soulmate is just someone you meet and fall in love with. Secondly,a soulmate is ONE person out of the billions of people who shares a twin soul with you,is the ONE and ONLY other half of you,'the one',your 'one true love',blah blah blah.That's what i don't believe in.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:28am On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

Bini and Yoruba always relate wella. . P.s-I don't do anyhow oh-i'm a good gal!
heheh u dey fear , dont worri , i get bini blood 2 wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 12:31am On Jan 17, 2011
Really? Lemme test you. . Vbo hie e,temwen?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

@Tensor,'why the emphasis on material things?' Again,you're mixing it up. This thread is not about my general expectations. If it were,being patient,God-fearing,funny etc would be at the top of my list. This is about my financial expectations which is why i didn't mention other things. I cannot just follow any Chike that comes around;i have a right to decide what i'd want in a guy. Being God-fearing,patient,funny,sensitive etc are there. Being financially stable is there too,and it's not gonna change.  
What general expectations do you have? Anyway you are not supposed to go into marriage have these kind of prior financial expectations from a life partner.That is all I am saying. Except you yourself are an invalid or disabled.
Maybe you don't get what marriage is all about. The two of you come together and become one flesh one soul and one spirit. This means working together in harmony for whatever financial goals you set yourselves as a couple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / What Age Did You Get Disvirgined / I Have Outlived My Penis - Charly Boy Shares A Poem By Willie Nelson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.