Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (30259 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:39am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

So his defence is that Kemi Adeosun forged her NYSC discharge certificate.?
That makes it OK?

You yourself are the one saying that,thank you
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:39am On May 19, 2020
dancewith:
This is shoddy Journalism Punch. This rag is fast losing its relevance. How can a newspaper write all sorts of falsehood. The truth is that the Benin Uni issued the attestation and it was from the University and Attestation in French means Certificate. This has been reconfirmed by the University in February. The facts are there Punch. Check your facts before eliciting ethnic and paranoiac sentiments

What about The Guardian?

Are they relevant?

https://t.guardian.ng/news/fiiro-dg-chima-igwe-lied-about-obtaining-phd-from-benin-republic-says-icpc/
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:40am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:

You yourself are the one saying that,thank you
No that is your insinuation

What I am saying is this has nothing to do with her
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by waldigit: 10:40am On May 19, 2020
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/phd-scandal-onu-overrules-board-icpc-orders-demoted-fiiro-boss-reinstatement/

This case and power case is what convinced me to pass a vote of no confidence on Retired Major General Buhari administration.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by seunmsg(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2020
adedayoa2:
eiya, i remember him, so painful

He’s now out of jail.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 10:43am On May 19, 2020
TripleOh7:
Similar to what Nnamdi Azikiwe did decades ago.

What a shame. What is bad is bad and should be condemned.
What did Azikiwe do? Dr Okechukwu Ikejiani earned his Doctorate in Medicine (MD) in 1948 from Toronto. So, he was eminently qualified to be Pro Chancellor of the University of Ibadan. So, what's your point? That of Igwe is a case of fraud, while that of Ikejiani was a merited post. So, the two cases are totally different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:44am On May 19, 2020
Nobody is denying any story or anybody.
The story maybe true or not.

But by the time the "saints" from the north occupies all positions,I guess we all are gonna be okay with that.

Wo,ojo ti bere nibiyi mo wa...jekin pe shade jare.....mo need some heat,abeg.... grin grin grin
Emi ko lo pa Abacha. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Nobody: 10:45am On May 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Another Nnamdi Azikiwe- Okechekwu Ikejiani kind of case,

where Ikejiani brought a Doctorate degree certificate in Medicine from Toronto to be imposed as the Chairman of the University of Ibadan by Nnamdi Azikiwe, the visitor to the school.

Hmmmm, so how did it play out?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by apexc7420: 10:46am On May 19, 2020
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 10:46am On May 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Another Nnamdi Azikiwe- Okechekwu Ikejiani kind of case,

where Ikejiani brought a Doctorate degree certificate in Medicine from Toronto to be imposed as the Chairman of the University of Ibadan by Nnamdi Azikiwe, the visitor to the school.

I was already thinking of making this very comment.

It is good to know that many others know the history of political corruption in Nigeria.

The case of the convicted Nwafor Orizu who later became Senate President in 1960, is one of the hallmarks of Azikiwe's many folly.

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by emkz: 10:46am On May 19, 2020
Academic fraud must not be treated with levity. This guy defrauded the state and earned promotions as a result. That he obtained a PhD after he was indicted and suspended does not mean we should overlook his past atrocity. That you commit murder and you are arrested and sentenced to death would not be reversed because you repented and became a pastor before your sentence was carried out. At least answer for the crime you committed and an evidence of good behaviour should have been for this man to resign if we have an occupational ethics board in Nigeria.

Salisu Buhari was fired as HoR speaker for academic fraud, then governor-designate Lyon could not be sworn in because his running mate had a case of academic fraud, Ibe Kachikwu came under fire for claiming he had a first-class performance whereas he finished with an upper second class. Ogbonnaya Onu did his doctorate in University of California, Berkeley; one of the top universities in the world. If he went through the academic rigours of finishing a doctorate, why would he reward someone who claimed to have had a PhD with a promotion? Does being in government suspend people's basic intelligence?

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 10:46am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Onu is Igbo so I’m not surprised. This is the same country where Adeosun was hounded out of office because of an irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation to get rapidly promoted since 2002. He did not complete the PhD program until 2020, 18 years later. Demoting him shouldn’t even be an option in the first place, he should have been dismissed outrightly. But no, his Igbo brother want to keep him in office as DG of a federal research agency. The same people who cry about merit everyday are the ones doing everything to destroy merit in the public service.
Onu might not have done this. If he did, that's wrong. However, we have to hear from him first. Some news nowadays aren't just true, but it's wrong if he supported Igwe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:47am On May 19, 2020
PigTormentor:

That's what they do. Fake as usual.

Yep, just like Amarachi Kemi Adeosun. grin
Nysc certificate printer

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by oluwadabira111(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:
Nobody is denying any story or anybody.
The story maybe true or not.

But by the time the "saints" from the north occupies all positions,I guess we all are gonna be okay with that.

Wo,ojo ti bere nibiyi mo wa...jekin pe shade jare.....mo need some heat,abeg.... grin grin grin
Emi ko lo pa Abacha. grin grin
My Yoruba brothergrin

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Nobody: 10:47am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Onu is Igbo so I’m not surprised. This is the same country where Adeosun was hounded out of office because of an irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation to get rapidly promoted since 2002. He did not complete the PhD program until 2020, 18 years later. Demoting him shouldn’t even be an option in the first place, he should have been dismissed outrightly. But no, his Igbo brother want to keep him in office as DG of a federal research agency. The same people who cry about merit everyday are the ones doing everything to destroy merit in the public service.
Are you sure it was forged?
That wasn't stated even by the school.

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 10:47am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

He faced an investigation panel and had the opportunity to present a good defence.

That panel heard his evidence and concluded that he should be demoted
The panel submitted her report to the Minister who had misgivings with it...

Are we saying it is impossible for the panel to be biased against the accused Ag. DG?

The last time I checked, the minister is the head of the ministry under which this agency falls...

If the minister had issues with the report of the panel, will trying to undermine him by sidestepping him and appealing to the SGF/HOS of the Federation the right step under civil service procedure?

Let we forget, they even stated that it was the minister who ask them to institute the investigative panel...

If I were the minister, I would have done exactly the same thing...

Nigeria is not anybody father's private estate...the attempt to treat the Igbos as second class citizens here will be stoutly resisted...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 10:48am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Im not surprised too,Yoruba's don't like Igbo's heading parastatals in their states no matter the qualification. Since legal failed now, they will go fetish. May God protect his life in that office.

A close friend of mine works in FIIRO Oshodi, He couldn't say what they have against that man except the same "He is Igbo"

Can't you people change? angry

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by oluwadabira111(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

At least for once I agreed with you on this!
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by dancewith: 10:48am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Why were these "facts" overlooked by the governing council when they recommended his demotion?

This matter was investigated by ICPC and they cleared this man. The board was not satisfied and when they got a new letter from the Uni with a language confusing explanation, they latched on it and claimed the attestation means the former DG hasnt defended his thesis
This has been cleared up that the attestation means certificate and you cannot even get statement of results which most schools issue before certificate unless you have completed the programme

I am not Igbo but I know the facts of this case well because I was doing my Phd when this fellow too was doing his and our paths crossed many times during our related research.

From all understanding the Board has an ax to grind with this guy and all they are holding on to is an unfounded claim that the Attestation is Not a certificate. Nothing more

The school itself has issued a new attestation when they were pressed to confirm if the man graduated. several media outfit has also confirmed the man graduated as claimed but many refused to publish the report. Can the board show us the letter they got from the school showing the 2001 certificate or attestation was forged so that French experts can interpret it and conclusively prove this allegation

This is simply a hatchet job by punch, pandering to the wish of the board chairman who clearly wants his own guy on the seat. A similar thing is playing out between the VC of unilag and Babalakin, the chairman of the governing board, and this power play is fast tearing the university apart

Its a good thing the honourable minister is towing the path of honour and refusing to allow this baying mob board enjoy their spoils of war

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by INCREDIBLE007(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2020
[quote author=naija4life247 post=89711390]

This is your summary of the who episode. I sorry for your bigotry. Note however that Ogbonaya Onu and his fraudster kindred China Igwe cannot win this fight because an Ibrahim Gwarzo is involved. So, tell Ogbonaya Onu to back out before he loses the integrity which he never has[/q
this isn't a fight let alone a battle, the guy was demoted when they discovered loopholes in his PhD certification. we were even told that icpc did a good job by going to the school he finished from which is cool, had it been when he was demoted being guilty of the allegations leveled against
him by icpc, Mr onu intervened and reinstated
him, we would have atleast know BUT he was demoted fair and square, now he went back to mend his path and got reinstated again--- Nigerians should be glad for this, this is a step in the right direction.
imagine if Former minister of finance, when she was found not to have done her NYSC, apologized, then went back to complete it, it would be fair
that's my take though -- let's try and leave tribal sentiments out of thing's
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by INCREDIBLE007(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2020
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:51am On May 19, 2020
Oruko mi ni Kemistry AdeosunAjanaku

Ejo,to ba fe se any printing work or photocopy,boya oluwale tabi dagbo,akube,e go on soun,e pe mi sori numba kiakia.....

Fun apere,e wo below vvvvv

grin grin grin

Ayam a womens of integrity and a reputation!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by semyman: 10:51am On May 19, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Arewa1408: 10:52am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:

Hypocrite,you are justifying Kemi Adeosun,did she not also forge nysc certificate?
If she wasn't exposed, don't you think she will still be a whole minister of the federation today?

What's is bad is bad but when you point accusing finger at another man of what you yourself are guilty of,four fingers are pointing back at you. You should be old enough to know that.

And more importantly,you should also be old enough to know that the north is projecting other Nigerians in bad pictures and projecting themselves alone to be saints.
Any position the south loses,they claim. But you are your likes,your hatred for a people and lack of discernment will never let you see beyond your noses

That is a big fat lie. Ibos defend their thieves if the thief is Igbo. Ganduje was set up and exposed by a fellow northern muslim. El Rufai exposed Ibrahim Mantu and Zwingina both northerners and muslims like him. A thief is a thief, a forger is a forger, stop the bigotry. Nnamdi Kanu is a liar, a self serving bigot, but Ipob hail him and worship him. We all knew GEJ was corruption personified, you guys voted for him and complained about marginalization. Abeg second base jaree.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by rusep: 10:54am On May 19, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 10:55am On May 19, 2020
Alanpoza007:

Yorubas did not go about defending Kemi Adeosun when she was indicted, like the way shameless people like you and your type are displaying on this thread.
Stop lying. Yorubas defended her.

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by PigTormentor: 10:55am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:

Yep, just like Amarachi Kemi Adeosun. grin
Nysc certificate printer

That's NYSC certificate not a fake PHD certificate. And we didn't support her anyway like you guys are supporting this guy with fake certificate. The minister even want to retain the guy after all this. Seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 10:55am On May 19, 2020
dancewith:

This matter was investigated by ICPC and they cleared this man. The board was not satisfied and when they got a new letter from the Uni with a language confusing explanation, they latched on it and claimed the attestation means the former DG hasnt defended his thesis
This has been cleared up that the attestation means certificate and you cannot even get statement of results which most schools issue before certificate unless you have completed the programme

I am not Igbo but I know the facts of this case well because I was doing my Phd when this fellow too was doing his and our paths crossed many times during our related research.

From all understanding the Board has an ax to grind with this guy and all they are holding on to is an unfounded claim that the Attestation is Not a certificate. Nothing more

The school itself has issued a new attestation when they were pressed to confirm if the man graduated. several media outfit has also confirmed the man graduated as claimed but many refused to publish the report. Can the board show us the letter they got from the school showing the 2001 certificate or attestation was forged so that French experts can interpret it and conclusively prove this allegation

This is simply a hatchet job by punch, pandering to the wish of the board chairman who clearly wants his own guy on the seat. A similar thing is playing out between the VC of unilag and Babalakin, the chairman of the governing board, and this power play is fast tearing the university apart

Its a good thing the honourable minister is towing the path of honour and refusing to allow this baying mob board enjoy their spoils of war

My dear don't bother telling the truth. We know them they will not stop until they see the man out of office.

They are so envious of Igbo's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie / Nigerian Govt. Federal Secretariat On Fire / Rinu Oduala Pulls Out Of #EndSARS Panel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.