Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon (25285 Views)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / "Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayers At Home" Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Muslims Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Alajiki(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2020
Drosonogasta:
Astrologers in a making

Oponu. Ask your father what his forefathers were using to count days/months before Gregorian calendar.

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Alajiki(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2020
plessis:
So it's true that the yorubas cannot sight the moon without the permission of the sultan.

No, not true. Sultan is the leader of Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NCIA), an umbrella body of all Muslims in Nigeria. This has nothing to do with tribe. He's the leader of all Muslims and whatever is decided in the council, he comes out to tell us and we obey if it does not conflict with Islamic tenets. We are Muslims, we obey our leaders as God has ordained us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 6:22am On May 22, 2020
ybalogs:
He will not check cos He wouldn't believe even if he finally does

Well, I have passed my message to him
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Urchman200: 6:40am On May 22, 2020
siraj1402:
Not in anyway, you don't have two moderators at a time, Islam encourage a single leader. Even if a Yoruba sees it, he needs to report to the leader who is to verify and make pronouncement. Islam is not about tribe, color or language. Those who fare Allah are His true slave.
but a particular people is the one leading?does it mean worthy leaders cannot be found in that part of the country?

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by ThatKING(m): 6:46am On May 22, 2020
OhiOfIhima:
Barka de Sallah to all my Muslim brothers and sisters!

May Allah accept our prayers as an act of Ibadan
Ibadan koh
Ogbomosho nii

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by abk4real: 6:52am On May 22, 2020
Parisian:
Since you believe the bible whily now also quote John 10: 33 which says,

"I and my father are One"
I and my father are one is in purpose not in divinity

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Modikko(m): 7:05am On May 22, 2020
Please keep your bigotry from far. It doesn’t concern you. Enjoy what ever religion you practice in peace and allow us do ours in peace
Urchman200:
but a particular people is the one leading?does it mean worthy leaders cannot be found in that part of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by OhiOfIhima: 7:19am On May 22, 2020
ThatKING:
Ibadan koh
Ogbomosho nii

Is out of your contest...
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by SoulB6: 7:20am On May 22, 2020
Parisian:

Yes, but on purpose.

Remind me that song, ok. Peter and Paul dey be one no be two, by Psquare, it doesn't mean they are one put together but they have the same purpose.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by honeyB2018: 7:36am On May 22, 2020
ProudlyAfarmer:

Because of the following reasons...

Mark 12:29

Mark 12:24

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

I have always advised Muslims, to limit themselves to Islam and matters about Islam and not venture into areas, like Christianity, bible, its interpretations and meaning of what it said.
This is because, you can't pick and interpret the bible as you want, without the Spirit of God. Muslims, don't have the Spirit of God, rather the spirit of Islam.
Rom. 8 :9 .. .Now if any man have not the Spirit Christ, he is none of his.
2Peter. 20 Knowing this first,that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
V21... For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man, but holy men of God,spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost
So you can't pick and interpret God's word at your will. You need the Spirit of Christ to do so.
You can't have the Spirit of Christ and you doubt his Godness.
You can't quote and believe in Mark 12:24-29, Deut. 6;4, without quoting and believing in John.1;1-4,Col. 1:5-17,John 17:5,
You can't quote those scriptures, without believing in John 5:23
That all men,should honor the Son, even as the honor the Father. He that honoureth not the Son, hounoreth not the Father.
If you don't believe in John 10:30, I wonder why you should even delve into bible interpretation.

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by nurex01(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
Allahumma taqabbal siyamana wa ruku'ana wa sujudana
aaamin. I'm expecting my Eid gifts o
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 8:10am On May 22, 2020
Exc2000:

anybody can sight the moon, channels to report moon sighting are open to all Nigerian muslim through the Islamic Council of Nigeria, even as a christian you can help us sight it, call into the center and notify them of your location

If deep down in your heart , if you are happy with your own religion and your path to eternity, you wouldnt be too bothered about the path of faith others follow.. your comment reeks of insecuirity, and you need to badly see others negatively just to feel positive about yourself

Perfect response.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by AFONJACOW(m): 8:21am On May 22, 2020
When will this people stop doing odd things... I hope Yoruba Muslims are not included in this moon
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 8:27am On May 22, 2020
honeyB2018:

I have always advised Muslims, to limit themselves to Islam and matters about Islam and not venture into areas, like Christianity, bible, its interpretations and meaning of what it said.
This is because, you can't pick and interpret the bible as you want, without the Spirit of God. Muslims, don't have the Spirit of God, rather the spirit of Islam.
2Peter. 20 Knowing this first,that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
V21... For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man, but holy men of God,spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost
So you can't pick and interpret God's word at your will. You need the Spirit of Christ to do so.
You can't quote and believe in Mark 12:24-29, Deut. 6;4, without quoting and believing in John.1;1-4,Col. 1:5-17,John 17:5,
That all men,should honor the Son, even as the honor the Father. He that honoureth not the Son, hounoreth not the Father.
If you don't believe in John 10:30, I wonder why you should even delve into bible interpretation.

Kindly use the spirit of Christ to interpret the following for us;
And he said to them, "But now, the one having a purse, let him take it, and likewise a bag; and the one having no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one.(Luke 22:36).

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.(Matthew 10:34).

5 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Ykc2(m): 8:31am On May 22, 2020
Exc2000:

anybody can sight the moon, channels to report moon sighting are open to all Nigerian muslim through the Islamic Council of Nigeria, even as a christian you can help us sight it, call into the center and notify them of your location

If deep down in your heart , if you are happy with your own religion and your path to eternity, you wouldnt be too bothered about the path of faith others follow.. your comment reeks of insecuirity, and you need to badly see others negatively just to feel positive about yourself

so if I see the moon in Anambra state I will call to inform them ?is moon so small that up to 90 million nigeria muslims are looking for it?them muslim should inform NASA or russia

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 8:36am On May 22, 2020
abk4real:

I and my father are one is in purpose not in divinity

Thank you.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 8:36am On May 22, 2020
Parisian:

It means He and God speaks of the same thing, All prophet/messanger can say the same thing. Why do you guys comment on our post. Is it that you are not sure about your religion or what
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 8:42am On May 22, 2020
ProudlyAfarmer:

1 Thessalonian 4:11

“That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business , and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,

that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.”

Christians and abuse of others beliefs are 5 and 6...

Actually, they are too busy to read their "scripture" to understand what it says hence 99% of them go against its teachings otherwise they would have stumbled on;

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.(Matthew 7:5) and 1 Thessalonian 4:11 amongst others.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Vulcanheph(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2020
First of all, the Oath, you guys make people swear is irrelevant.....how much will they pay, even those of us who don't Believe in religion can help them search for the moon

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by OsuIgboIpob: 9:06am On May 22, 2020
plessis:
So it's true that the yorubas cannot sight the moon without the permission of the sultan.
So it's true that OSU ALUSI ipob jew PIGs takes orders from a so-called white slave masters from Rome? Pope
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by OsuIgboIpob: 9:09am On May 22, 2020
siraj1402:
Not in anyway, you don't have two moderators at a time, Islam encourage a single leader. Even if a Yoruba sees it, he needs to report to the leader who is to verify and make pronouncement. Islam is not about tribe, color or language. Those who fare Allah are His true slave.
Don't mind those ingorant fûcktards.

Are they not still taking orders from a slave master from Rome. Aka pope?

When and where in history has a so-called black man smelt that position?

OSU ALUSI ipob jew PIGs are something else.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Exc2000: 9:10am On May 22, 2020
Ykc2:
so if I see the moon in Anambra state I will call to inform them ?is moon so small that up to 90 million nigeria muslims are looking for it?them muslim should inform NASA or russia

when lunar and solar eclipse happens, is it visibe in every state in Nigeria? Moon has its path it follows and new moon are sited in specific areas across the paths its follow
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 9:10am On May 22, 2020
honeyB2018:

You still didn't bother checking those verse he quoted, sit down and study them well.
Had it been the "spirit of God" is a prerequisite for one to understand the Bible, then the Bible won't have been here, it's for humans and it needed to be understood by all humans, if not no one would have believed Prophet Isa(Jesus) and he wouldn't have advised them to spread the teaching of God.

You couldn't explain the verses yourself but you only brought verses that counters the verses he provided, you know what I see, I see your bible is far from being perfect and it is filled with ambiguity.

He gave gave three verses that says Jesus isn't God and shouldn't be worshipped, you gave just one verse as a counter-reaction to the one he gave.

Let me now explain your verse to you because your lack comprehensive skills.
John10:29 says My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

He said his father his greater than all, meaning God is Greater than anything that can or will ever exist. Anyone can call God, Father. some of Jesus disciples call God Father.

Then he said in John10:30, I and my father are one.
Meaning they speak of the samething. All prophet/Messanger can say, "I and my Father are one"

Despite all the ambiguities and how verses significantly counters one another, you guys see nothing wrong in it.
All I see is, Shaytan blocking your from the truth because your are very far away from the path of God, and close to the wrist of shaytan.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 9:14am On May 22, 2020
Vulcanheph:
First of all, the Oath, you guys make people swear is irrelevant.....how much will they pay, even those of us who don't Believe in religion can help them search for the moon
No one will listen to a non-believers, if he says he saw the moon. You can search but a Muslims confirms it.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2020
Ykc2:
You are an ignorant, trying so hard to look smart. I won't tell give you what you said wrong, I will leave to go and disgrace yourself in public again.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 9:38am On May 22, 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/biblethingsinbibleways./2013/09/08/what-is-the-biblical-day-week-month-year-and-does-it-really-matter/amp/

Please to those indomie kids that thought Gregorian calender was what Jesus used, learn to read & do research.

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by MENELIIK: 9:54am On May 22, 2020
Urchman200:

Please name a CAN President from the north

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by demsy21(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2020
OhiOfIhima:
Barka de Sallah to all my Muslim brothers and sisters!

May Allah accept our prayers as an act of Ibadan
As an act of wetin? grin Lol
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 10:02am On May 22, 2020
honeyB2018:

This guy is a typical Christian (African type).

You just quoted the scripture as having no private interpretation and you are still saying spirit! What a mediocrity!

By the way, this was confirmed also in several chapters of the Bible such as Isaiah 45:19.

Finally who is the author of the verses I quoted and who are the authors of yours.

Pls also bear it in mind that Bible is the most doctored religion book in the world

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by jidxin(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2020
ProudlyAfarmer:

1 Thessalonian 4:11

“That you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business , and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,

that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.”

Christians and abuse of others beliefs are 5 and 6...

the moon lost b4......worshipping moon is idolatory

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Making Janaba And It's Conditions / Hon. Tambuwal At Mount Of Arafah During Hajj Exercise / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.