Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon (25298 Views)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / "Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayers At Home" Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Muslims Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Ykc2(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2020
Snowale:
You are an ignorant, trying so hard to look smart. I won't tell give you what you said wrong, I will leave to go and disgrace yourself in public again.
make una keep dey worship moon
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 11:42am On May 22, 2020
TheFacelessMan:

I think he should be banned because his intent is obvious.
Do you reside in his mind to know his intent?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by TheFacelessMan: 11:51am On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

Do you reside in his mind to know his intent?

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by thaoriginator: 12:09pm On May 22, 2020
Mynd44:

Is it true that the new moon might be difficult to see with the naked eyes in the south due to cloud cover?
no it's not true..

But this is true•

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 22, 2020
MENELIIK:

Please name a CAN President from the north
grin
You remind me of Matthew 7:5
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 22, 2020
jidxin:

the moon lost b4......worshipping moon is idolatory

Kiddo sheep how are you?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 22, 2020
jidxin:

the moon lost b4......worshipping moon is idolatory

Numbers 28:11
‘Then at the beginning of each of your months you shall present a burnt offering to the Lord: two bulls and one ram, seven male lambs one year old without defect;

Numbers 10:10
Also in the day of your gladness and in your appointed feasts, and on the first days of your months, you shall blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; and they shall be as a reminder of you before your God. I am the Lord your God.”

Psalm 81:3
Blow the trumpet at the new moon,
At the full moon, on our feast day.

Numbers 28:11-15
Then at the beginning of each of your months you shall present a burnt offering to the Lord: two bulls and one ram, seven male lambs one year old without defect; and three-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, for each bull; and two-tenths of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, for the one ram; and a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering for each lamb, for a burnt offering of a soothing aroma, an offering by fire to the Lord.

1 Chronicles 23:30-31
They are to stand every morning to thank and to praise the Lord, and likewise at evening, and to offer all burnt offerings to the Lord, on the sabbaths, the new moons and the fixed festivals in the number set by the ordinance concerning them, continually before the Lord.

2 Chronicles 2:4
Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the Lord my God, dedicating it to Him, to burn fragrant incense before Him and to set out the showbread continually, and to offer burnt offerings morning and evening, on sabbaths and on new moons and on the appointed feasts of the Lord our God, this being required forever in Israel.

2 Chronicles 8:12-13
Then Solomon offered burnt offerings to the Lord on the altar of the Lord which he had built before the porch; and did so according to the daily rule, offering them up according to the commandment of Moses, for the sabbaths, the new moons and the three annual feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Booths.

2 Chronicles 31:3
He also appointed the king’s portion of his goods for the burnt offerings, namely, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths and for the new moons and for the fixed festivals, as it is written in the law of the Lord.

Nehemiah 10:32-33
We also placed ourselves under obligation to contribute yearly one third of a shekel for the service of the house of our God: for the showbread, for the continual grain offering, for the continual burnt offering, the sabbaths, the new moon, for the appointed times, for the holy things and for the sin offerings to make atonement for Israel, and all the work of the house of our God.

Ezekiel 45:17
It shall be the prince’s part to provide the burnt offerings, the grain offerings and the drink offerings, at the feasts, on the new moons and on the sabbaths, at all the appointed feasts of the house of Israel; he shall provide the sin offering, the grain offering, the burnt offering and the peace offerings, to make atonement for the house of Israel.”

Ezekiel 46:1
‘Thus says the Lord God, “The gate of the inner court facing east shall be shut the six working days; but it shall be opened on the sabbath day and opened on the day of the new moon.

1 Samuel 20:5
So David said to Jonathan, “Behold, tomorrow is the new moon, and I ought to sit down to eat with the king. But let me go, that I may hide myself in the field until the third evening.

2 Kings 4:23
He said, “Why will you go to him today? It is neither new moon nor sabbath.” And she said, “It will be well.”

Amos 8:5
saying,
“When will the new moon be over,
So that we may sell grain,
And the sabbath, that we may open the wheat market,
To make the bushel smaller and the shekel bigger,
And to cheat with dishonest . . .

New moon (Month) keeps featuring in the Bible, yet an ignorant person attributes it to idolatry. Instead of finding out what it means to his/her religion, they will be asking if moon was lost before.
I also wonder if it was lost that the Bible kept making reference to it.
Jesus being a Jew grin

The teachings of Christ and actions of Christians are two parallel lines.

NB.
NEW MOON = NEW MONTH

5 Likes

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by BrainRider: 1:51pm On May 22, 2020
plessis:
So it's true that the yorubas cannot sight the moon without the permission of the sultan.
grin grin common sense is not common
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 2:22pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=TheFacelessMan post=89831788][/quote]
Am sorry my question i above your intelligence. You feel so intimidated you had to post a picture that is irrelevant to the conversation.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 2:24pm On May 22, 2020
Xposed2020:

Numbers 28:11
‘Then at the beginning of each of your months you shall present a burnt offering to the Lord: two bulls and one ram, seven male lambs one year old without defect;

Numbers 10:10
Also in the day of your gladness and in your appointed feasts, and on the first days of your months, you shall blow the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; and they shall be as a reminder of you before your God. I am the Lord your God.”

Psalm 81:3
Blow the trumpet at the new moon,
At the full moon, on our feast day.

Numbers 28:11-15
Then at the beginning of each of your months you shall present a burnt offering to the Lord: two bulls and one ram, seven male lambs one year old without defect; and three-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, for each bull; and two-tenths of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, for the one ram; and a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering for each lamb, for a burnt offering of a soothing aroma, an offering by fire to the Lord.

1 Chronicles 23:30-31
They are to stand every morning to thank and to praise the Lord, and likewise at evening, and to offer all burnt offerings to the Lord, on the sabbaths, the new moons and the fixed festivals in the number set by the ordinance concerning them, continually before the Lord.

2 Chronicles 2:4
Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the Lord my God, dedicating it to Him, to burn fragrant incense before Him and to set out the showbread continually, and to offer burnt offerings morning and evening, on sabbaths and on new moons and on the appointed feasts of the Lord our God, this being required forever in Israel.

2 Chronicles 8:12-13
Then Solomon offered burnt offerings to the Lord on the altar of the Lord which he had built before the porch; and did so according to the daily rule, offering them up according to the commandment of Moses, for the sabbaths, the new moons and the three annual feasts—the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of Booths.

2 Chronicles 31:3
He also appointed the king’s portion of his goods for the burnt offerings, namely, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths and for the new moons and for the fixed festivals, as it is written in the law of the Lord.

Nehemiah 10:32-33
We also placed ourselves under obligation to contribute yearly one third of a shekel for the service of the house of our God: for the showbread, for the continual grain offering, for the continual burnt offering, the sabbaths, the new moon, for the appointed times, for the holy things and for the sin offerings to make atonement for Israel, and all the work of the house of our God.

Ezekiel 45:17
It shall be the prince’s part to provide the burnt offerings, the grain offerings and the drink offerings, at the feasts, on the new moons and on the sabbaths, at all the appointed feasts of the house of Israel; he shall provide the sin offering, the grain offering, the burnt offering and the peace offerings, to make atonement for the house of Israel.”

Ezekiel 46:1
‘Thus says the Lord God, “The gate of the inner court facing east shall be shut the six working days; but it shall be opened on the sabbath day and opened on the day of the new moon.

1 Samuel 20:5
So David said to Jonathan, “Behold, tomorrow is the new moon, and I ought to sit down to eat with the king. But let me go, that I may hide myself in the field until the third evening.

2 Kings 4:23
He said, “Why will you go to him today? It is neither new moon nor sabbath.” And she said, “It will be well.”

Amos 8:5
saying,
“When will the new moon be over,
So that we may sell grain,
And the sabbath, that we may open the wheat market,
To make the bushel smaller and the shekel bigger,
And to cheat with dishonest . . .

New moon (Month) keeps featuring in the Bible, yet an ignorant person attributes it to idolatry. Instead of finding out what it means to his/her religion, they will be asking if moon was lost before.
I also wonder if it was lost that the Bible kept making reference to it.
Jesus being a Jew grin

The teachings of Christ and actions of Christians are two parallel lines.

NB.
NEW MOON = NEW MONTH
You mention Christ you quote Jewish traditions. Like seriously?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by TheFacelessMan: 3:34pm On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

Fortran12 to his useless homosexual father:

Am sorry my question i above your intelligence. You feel so intimidated you had to post a picture that is irrelevant to the conversation.

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

You mention Christ you quote Jewish traditions. Like seriously?

As all human beings, Jesus Christ was born in a particular place and at a specific time in history. His mother was a Jewish woman named Mary. Her husband, Joseph, was Jesus’ legal father or guardian. According to the genealogy from Mary, on His human side Christ is descended from the Israelite tribal patriarch Judah and his descendant King David (Luke 3:31, Luke 3:33; compare Acts 2:30; 2 Timothy 2:cool.

The biblical testimony is plain. The book of Hebrews tells us that “it is evident that our Lord arose from [the tribe of] Judah …” (7:14). And those descended from Judah are known by the abbreviated term Jews. The apostle John wrote that “He came to His own [the Jews], and His own did not receive Him” (John 1:11). Both a Samaritan woman and the Roman governor Pontius Pilate clearly recognized that Jesus was Jewish (John 4:9; John 18:35).

We are further told that “the scepter shall not depart from Judah” (Genesis 49:10). The scepter symbolizes the promise of kingship and salvation. Jesus, the King of the Jews, is the Messiah. Christ (the Greek term for Messiah) is the ultimate fulfillment of the ruler mentioned prophetically in 1 Chronicles 5:2: “Yet Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came a ruler.”

The Bible’s final book refers to Jesus as “the Lion of the tribe of Judah” (Revelation 5:5). On Jesus’ human side, David is called His father, meaning ancestor, in Luke 1:32. Romans 1:3 likewise says he “was born of the seed of David according to the flesh.” Thus, from numerous testimonies, He was certainly a Jew.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/was-jesus-a-jew/

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/was-jesus-a-jew/

https://time.com/5606942/jewish-christian-bible/?amp=true

My Comment;
Christ was a Jew and sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Hence he made reference to Jewish Scripture, worshipped, offered offerings, did most things Jews did.
The old testament is part of which Scripture?
The BIBLE of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeBz1qLlGnc
Is it possible for a hen to give birth to a lizard?
Hell No!
Read your Scripture yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 5:03pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=TheFacelessMan post=89839967][/quote]

So you can descend that low by editing my post? It only shows how much it hurt. I am really sorry. All hope is not lost. We will pray for you.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 5:10pm On May 22, 2020
Xposed2020:

As all human beings, Jesus Christ was born in a particular place and at a specific time in history. His mother was a Jewish woman named Mary. Her husband, Joseph, was Jesus’ legal father or guardian. According to the genealogy from Mary, on His human side Christ is descended from the Israelite tribal patriarch Judah and his descendant King David (Luke 3:31, Luke 3:33; compare Acts 2:30; 2 Timothy 2:cool.

The biblical testimony is plain. The book of Hebrews tells us that “it is evident that our Lord arose from [the tribe of] Judah …” (7:14). And those descended from Judah are known by the abbreviated term Jews. The apostle John wrote that “He came to His own [the Jews], and His own did not receive Him” (John 1:11). Both a Samaritan woman and the Roman governor Pontius Pilate clearly recognized that Jesus was Jewish (John 4:9; John 18:35).

We are further told that “the scepter shall not depart from Judah” (Genesis 49:10). The scepter symbolizes the promise of kingship and salvation. Jesus, the King of the Jews, is the Messiah. Christ (the Greek term for Messiah) is the ultimate fulfillment of the ruler mentioned prophetically in 1 Chronicles 5:2: “Yet Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came a ruler.”

The Bible’s final book refers to Jesus as “the Lion of the tribe of Judah” (Revelation 5:5). On Jesus’ human side, David is called His father, meaning ancestor, in Luke 1:32. Romans 1:3 likewise says he “was born of the seed of David according to the flesh.” Thus, from numerous testimonies, He was certainly a Jew.

https://time.com/5606942/jewish-christian-bible/?amp=true

My Comment;
Christ was a Jew and sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Hence he made reference to Jewish Scripture, worshipped, offered offerings, did most things Jews did.
The old testament is part of which Scripture?
The BIBLE of course.
Is it possible for a hen to give birth to a lizards?
Hell No!
Read your Scripture yourself.
I am not disputing the fact that Jesus was a Jew, but have you read the old testament? It talks about a messiah that will be sent to the world not just Israel. If i ask u for the reference for Jesus sent to israel you will mention just one portion of the bible which really does not support your argument.
Jesus did not come to fulfill Jewish traditions and customs his mission was greater than just the jews. John 3 vs 16 does not support your claim and these are Jesus own words.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by TheFacelessMan: 5:35pm On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

Fortran12 to his useless homosexual father:

So you can descend that low by editing my post? It only shows how much it hurt. I am really sorry. All hope is not lost. We will pray for you.

My condolences
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by akure1stson: 6:26pm On May 22, 2020
Modikko:
Please keep your bigotry from far. It doesn’t concern you. Enjoy what ever religion you practice in peace and allow us do ours in peace

person ask a simple question which anyone can ask, but u turn it to fight, nawa oo
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Modikko(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2020
K
akure1stson:

person ask a simple question which anyone can ask, but u turn it to fight, nawa oo
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 6:59pm On May 22, 2020
TheFacelessMan:

My condolences
TheFacelessMan, lol, I can see you are pained. Its well Mr TheFacelessMan. God is in control. I cant imagine someone who is supposed to be an adult on nairaland engaging in childlike acts,not once but 3 times. Like i said earlier THeFacelessMan we will pray for you. Don't give up hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by TheFacelessMan: 7:00pm On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

fortran12 to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother:
, lol, I can see you are pained. Its well Mr God is in control. I cant imagine someone who is supposed to be an adult on nairaland engaging in childlike acts,not once but 3 times. Like i said earlier we will pray for you. Don't give up hope.

My name is often mentioned severally when eyes are full of tears. grin
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 7:01pm On May 22, 2020
TheFacelessMan:

My condolences
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 9:12pm On May 22, 2020
TheFacelessMan:

My name is often mentioned severally when eyes are full of tears. grin
Its your eyes that is full of tears, at least i am not the one editing posts. Its clear you have point and act like a child. Grow up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by TheFacelessMan: 10:07pm On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

fortran12 to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother;
Its your eyes that is full of tears, at least i am not the one editing posts. Its clear you have point and act like a child. Grow up
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 11:35pm On May 22, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
Let us help you, its not too late

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 22, 2020
fortran12:

I am not disputing the fact that Jesus was a Jew, but have you read the old testament? It talks about a messiah that will be sent to the world not just Israel. If i ask u for the reference for Jesus sent to israel you will mention just one portion of the bible which really does not support your argument.
Jesus did not come to fulfill Jewish traditions and customs his mission was greater than just the jews. John 3 vs 16 does not support your claim and these are Jesus own words.

Then Jesus doesn't fit the description because according to his testimony, he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel [Jews] (Matthew 15:24, Matthew 10:6, John 1:11, Heb 7:14)

No one said he came to fulfill Jewish traditions and customs but do you believe a Fulani person can ever govern any state in Southern Nigeria in a Democratic dispensation? Hell no!
As such it will be a herculean task for a non Jew to convince/guide Jews onto the right path.

prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, Matt. 13:57 (Mark 6:4; Luke 4:24; John 4:44).

All that implies, is that to fulfill the purpose God Almighty sent him to the Jews, as Jews did, being Jew, born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world. All of his friends, associates, colleagues, disciples, all of them were Jews. He regularly worshipped in Jewish communal worship (synagogues). He preached from Jewish text (OT), celebrated the Jewish festivals(observe burnt offering upon sighting a new moon/month). He went on pilgrimage to the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem where he was under the authority of priests.... He was born, lived, taught and died as a Jew.

"God" Himself oversaw the writing of Bible so that the Bible can trusted as the perfect and infallible Word of God, even while it is also a product of human authorship (John 14:26, 1 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21, Hebrews 4:12.)
Ultimately, we can say that God wrote the Bible since it is His revelation of Himself to us and He has preserved it so we would know the truth (2 Peter 1:3).
Hence I am only presenting "God's" testimony as recorded in any Biblical verse I quote.

Then how authentic is John 3:16?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 1:49am On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

Then Jesus doesn't fit the description because according to his testimony, he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel [Jews] (Matthew 15:24, Matthew 10:6, John 1:11, Heb 7:14)

No one said he came to fulfill Jewish traditions and customs but do you believe a Fulani person can ever govern any state in Southern Nigeria in a Democratic dispensation? Hell no!
As such it will be a herculean task for a non Jew to convince/guide Jews onto the right path.

prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, Matt. 13:57 (Mark 6:4; Luke 4:24; John 4:44).

All that implies, is that to fulfill the purpose God Almighty sent him to the Jews, as Jews did, being Jew, born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world. All of his friends, associates, colleagues, disciples, all of them were Jews. He regularly worshipped in Jewish communal worship (synagogues). He preached from Jewish text (OT), celebrated the Jewish festivals(observe burnt offering upon sighting a new moon/month). He went on pilgrimage to the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem where he was under the authority of priests.... He was born, lived, taught and died as a Jew.

"God" Himself oversaw the writing of Bible so that the Bible can trusted as the perfect and infallible Word of God, even while it is also a product of human authorship (John 14:26, 1 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21, Hebrews 4:12.)
Ultimately, we can say that God wrote the Bible since it is His revelation of Himself to us and He has preserved it so we would know the truth (2 Peter 1:3).
Hence I am only presenting "God's" testimony as recorded in any Biblical verse I quote.

Then how authentic is John 3:16?
So we are to believe your verses but John 3 vs 16 is false right?. All the verse u quoting are just cherry picked. What was his last command, he said go into all the world and preach the gospel, or that verse is also false? The verse you quoted Matt 10, if you read the next chapter you will understand. Jesus asked them to go preach to the israelites and the disciples came went and came back with their report. he did not mean they should never present their message to the gentiles. It was only that out reach that involved the israelites. Jesus himself preached to the Samaritan woman at the well. If he was not sent to the gentiles why did he do so?
The issue is all the verses you are quoting their exists a portion in the chapter that disproves all the claims you are making with them. E.g just as i showed you with the Matt. 10 .

The Heb. 7 you quoted does not support your claim in verse 25, it did not mention Israel, it says Jesus is able to save anyone that come to God by him, and he even intercedes for them."

John 1 vs 11 says his people did not receive him, as it was the jews that aided in his crucifixion. He reached out to the gentiles and they accepted him, his final message to his disciples is to go to the world and preach. So cherry picking only one verse out of a chapter is not right. If you are sincere read the whole chapter and point out the facts

Jesus did not only preach from the old testament, he preached new things too, he was taken to the Jewish temple as a kid by his parents and he was not under the authority of the priests, it was the priests that marveled at his wisdom at a young age.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 2:43am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

So we are to believe your verses but John 3 vs 16 is false right?. All the verse u quoting are just cherry picked. What was his last command, he said go into all the world and preach the gospel, or that verse is also false? The verse you quoted Matt 10, if you read the next chapter you will understand. Jesus asked them to go preach to the israelites and the disciples came went and came back with their report. he did not mean they should never present their message to the gentiles. It was only that out reach that involved the israelites. Jesus himself preached to the Samaritan woman at the well. If he was not sent to the gentiles why did he do so?
The issue is all the verses you are quoting their exists a portion in the chapter that disproves all the claims you are making with them. E.g just as i showed you with the Matt. 10 .

The Heb. 7 you quoted does not support your claim in verse 25, it did not mention Israel, it says Jesus is able to save anyone that come to God by him, and he even intercedes for them."

John 1 vs 11 says his people did not receive him, as it was the jews that aided in his crucifixion. He reached out to the gentiles and they accepted him, his final message to his disciples is to go to the world and preach. So cherry picking only one verse out of a chapter is not right. If you are sincere read the whole chapter and point out the facts

Jesus did not only preach from the old testament, he preached new things too, he was taken to the Jewish temple as a kid by his parents and he was not under the authority of the priests, it was the priests that marveled at his wisdom at a young age.

I only asked a question.

Which Happens to be his constituency & the target audience he was sent to (John 1:11).

I believe he needed water and didn't preach.

The people he was sent to. His ministry was for the Jews (exactly my point). His people, the Jews.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 2:49am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

Good!
Book of Hebrew was meant for the Jews his PEOPLE brother not anyone.
Now read Heb 7:23-27

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 3:55am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.(Matthew 10:5-6)

Now he did not need to give burnt offering for his sins and for the PEOPLE everyday (this is a Jewish festival practice just as Aaron did for himself and fellow Jews not a Christian practice Lev 9:7; 16:15)

After reading Heb 7:25, read 27 to know the people being referred to in 25.

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 4:06am On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

I only asked a question.

Which Happens to be his constituency & the target audience he was sent to (John 1:11).

I believe he needed water and didn't preach.

The people he was sent to. His ministry was for the Jews (exactly my point). His people, the Jews.

If you read the story he did not drink water he even stayed in samaria for sometime preaching to them. He ministered to both Jews and Gentiles, if he was sent to only the Jews why did he minister to the others?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 4:23am On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.(Matthew 10:5-6)

Now he did not need to give burnt offering for his sins and for the PEOPLE everyday (this is a Jewish practice just as Aaron did for himself and fellow Jews not a Christian practice.)

Why do you keep choosing the portions that suit you? I gave you the continuation of the story (Matt 11), but you ignore on purpose. That commandment was for that mission only. In Matt. 28 vs 19 -"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,". Was Jesus dreaming or sleeping when he said these words to the disciples?. The final message he gave them was in Matt 28, and you are quoting Matt. 11 which happened at the start of his ministry. Be honest and stop picking verses.

You claim Jesus was only sent to the Jews cos of Hebrews, well Romans chapter 3 (written to the Gentiles) says he was sent to anyone who believes in him. Romans 3 vs 29- 30 answers your question -" Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith."

So as you see, none of what you are quoting supports your argument. You purposely ignore the whole story and choose a portion that does not reflect the message.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 4:26am On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

I only asked a question.

I believe he needed water and didn't preach

John 4:1-9
Jesus and the Samaritan Woman

1. The Pharisees heard that Jesus was winning and baptizing more disciples than John. 2(Actually, Jesus himself did not baptize anyone; only his disciples did.)
3. So when Jesus heard what was being said, he left Judea and went back to Galilee;
4. on his way there he had to go through Samaria.
5. In Samaria he came to a town named Sychar, which was not far from the field that Jacob had given to his son Joseph.
6. Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired out by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.
7. A Samaritan woman came to draw some water, and Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink of water.”
8. (His disciples had gone into town to buy food.)
9. The woman answered, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan — so how can you ask me for a drink?” (Jews will not use the same cups and bowls that Samaritans use.)

NO PREACHING.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:01am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

Why do you keep choosing the portions that suit you? I gave you the continuation of the story (Matt 11), but you ignore on purpose. That commandment was for that mission only. In Matt. 28 vs 19 -"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,". Was Jesus dreaming or sleeping when he said these words to the disciples?. The final message he gave them was in Matt 28, and you are quoting Matt. 11 which happened at the start of his ministry. Be honest and stop picking verses.

You claim Jesus was only sent to the Jews cos of Hebrews, well Romans chapter 3 (written to the Gentiles) says he was sent to anyone who believes in him. Romans 3 vs 29- 30 answers your question -" Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith."

So as you see, none of what you are quoting supports your argument. You purposely ignore the whole story and choose a portion that does not reflect the message.

Matt 28:16
After the demise of Judas, the disciples became 11 plus Holy Disciple Joseph of Arimathea which makes them 12. So even the Gospel of Matthew is doubtful.
Be honest to yourself, can a robber crucified and in pain revile Jesus as stated in the same Matthew 27:44 you accept wholeheartedly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Making Janaba And It's Conditions / Hon. Tambuwal At Mount Of Arafah During Hajj Exercise / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.