Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. (9996 Views)

Semen Retention Is The Dumbest Thing Ever / This Is The Most Disgusting Thing Ever / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2020
Semperty:
you are a big fool!
So people who can't afford to study abroad shouldn't bother going to school again abi? Worse off you even raised your points with insults and ridicule, people won't take an air head like you serious.
I wouldn't be surprised sef say this your "I studied abroad" claim na audio
You're so pained because I said the TRUTH!!
Ur Nigerian certificate is useless bro
Quit crying and go learn a skill
You love slaving yourself for the masters who will pay you peanut and still sack you!! Lmao bunch of slaves in a shithole..
What has your tissue paper certificate done for you??
An illiterate bus driver is making 30k a day while you slaves are making that in 1 month slaving for your boss

6 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 7:49am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

I was once like you until I travelled outside.
I know all your life, u have never steppy out if this shithole, so your opinions are useless..lol
You're as good as a villager who has never left the village. Travel and open your eyes
u were ones like me that?? , is there anyone in Nigeria who doesn’t know traveling to study is great , apart from studying , u get exposure. No matter the country I might be I will remain patriotic to my country. There r many parents who hv the money but they prefer their kids in private universities, they rather just travel there for holiday and come back home ,,some is financial challenges. And who told you I hvnt travelled ?

I don’t know about u all but I can never base in the US or Uk , I love Nigeria . There is development there , but our way of life is better .

5 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 7:53am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

You love slaving yourself for the masters who will pay you peanut and still sack you!! Lmao bunch of slaves in a shithole..
An illiterate bus driver is making 30k a day while you slaves are making that in 1 month slaving for your boss
Lol u don’t know what u are saying!!!!
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 7:55am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Lecturers don't care about impacting knowledge
They only care about sex for grade
And how to get more money.. They don't give a flying Bleep if you know their course..
As long as you pay you are good..
this is not true.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 7:56am On May 24, 2020
Op I put it to you , that u are an illiterate!! And didn’t travel shit

5 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
u were ones like me that?? , is there anyone in Nigeria who doesn’t know traveling to studying is the great , apart from studying , u get exposure. No matter the country I might be I will remain patriotic to my country. There r many parents who hv the money but they prefer their kids in private universities, they rather just travel there for holiday and come back home ,,some is financial challenges. And who told you I hvnt travelled ?

I don’t know about u all but I can never base in the US or Uk , I love Nigeria . There is development there , but our way of life is better .
When you ask those old people in village to come to Town and enjoy fresh life
They will tell you Nooo..that they enjoy living in their shit hole condition.. You are just like them.
It's okay, do you!!

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 8:00am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

When you ask those old people in village to come to Town and enjoy fresh life
They will tell you Nooo..that they enjoy living in their shit hole condition.. You are just like them.
It's okay, do you!!
what country are you in ?
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 8:04am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Lmao!!!!!!!
See Them ooo See Them

Only Poverty can make you talk like this
Carry your hatred to your POOR useless Parents that can't afford sending you abroad... Direct that anger towards them grin grin cheesy
see person? grin. U no go anywhere !! Na yahoo boy u be , wey no fit afford Nigeria school fees. I no blame you , na the small yahoo money wey u pick na e Dey shake ur brain .

4 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 8:10am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
what country are you in ?
dont be deceived! he lives in a slum abode.. he lives his dream life on nairaland.
Audio life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by James4bright(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
shut up ,, studied aboard by ass . U just had to say that to be taken seriously , I know ur type. I went to a nigerian university and I am doing well for myself .

So because u feel this way people should not go to school again ? U r not alright

He just demeaned the Nigerian educational system, nothing else.

And he isn't lying. You were being taught gibberish for huge cash. Lastly self education/development that's how we survive lastly.

I studied Mass communication, we weren't even taught on the prominence of creative writing, proofreading, copy editing, reporting. We were just given definition and explanations, what about the practical aspects? They just gave us stupid textbooks teaching us dumb histories, that won't help me in real life.

Just imagine if my university taught me how to become a perfect editor, with intensive practicals, I can proudly call myself an editor? Self development made me intellectual not the university.

6 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by James4bright(m): 8:19am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
Op I put it to you , that u are an illiterate!! And didn’t travel shit

Focus on the primary intent of his context, not if he has truly travelled out or not.

Nigerians would never have sense. That's why we keep voting for the wrong leaders. Our formal education is shitty and it's true.

Our certificate isn't even appreciated anywhere outside Nigeria. You live in a shithole barbie.

3 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 8:20am On May 24, 2020
James4bright:

He just demeaned the Nigerian educational system, nothing else.

And he isn't lying. You were being taught gibberish for huge cash. Lastly self education/development that's how we survive lastly.

I studied Mass communication, we weren't even taught on the prominence of creative writing, proofreading, copy editing, reporting. We we're just given definition and explanations, what about the practical aspects? They just gave us stupid textbooks teaching us dumb histories, that won't help me in real life.

Just imagine if my university taught me how to become a perfect editor, with intensive practicals, I can proudly call myself an editor? Self development made me intellectuals not the university.
editors are English graduates, not mass communicators.

Some school in the US , they study journalism and creative writing. Mass communication is too wide to add creative writing to the mix , that’s an English course , if u really wanted to do it u would hv taken it as an elective in the English department.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by kaymart: 8:20am On May 24, 2020
didn't you hear of the people drinking bleach (hypochloride) because their president jokingly spoke about it.
My brother intigence and thinking out of the box is an individual thing.

3 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by elpochas: 8:20am On May 24, 2020
Reading a useless course in Nigeria with out connection is the worst thing you can do to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by stanliwise(m): 8:22am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
If there is one thing I thank Almighty God foris that my family could afford my university education in europe.

The amount of knowledge I gained was tremendous... And I realized why half of our youths back here in Nigeria today are VERY VERY DUMB

In Nigeria, We go to school just for going sake.. Nothing important is gained, we just waste years decieving ourselves.
Reading subjects that we won't apply in our life..
No real knowledge, profs collecting sex and bribe to pass students..

You have students that graduate but can't even use the knowledge they acquired.
Some didn't acquire any fucking knowledge. Just went to school because Daddy and Mummy force me to go to school..

Graduates that can't think outside the box
No wonder y'all can't create anything for yourself. Always carrying certificate to look for who to slave for chicken change you call salary.
What Skill did you learn apart from your useless certificate??
Can you send for yourself without slaving and hunting for jobs..
An illiterate can own a business and still hire you so called first class graduate and still pay you chicken change..
A word is enough for the wise
If you still think In This Nigeria that going to University is sure way of making it. Then get ready to suffer for the rest of your life.
Oga stop being stereotypic jare ? You are just over simplifying everything
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by James4bright(m): 8:23am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:

Do you know what a print media is? Google and get back to me. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 8:27am On May 24, 2020
James4bright:

Do you know what a print media is? Google and get back to me. Smh.

editing is not a job for a mass communicator. But a English linguist . Are we going to argue this . U used the word creative writing , and thats an English course . Befor u get to creative writing, u hv to be sound in literary terms . It’s like a 300l course in literature.

U said it like mass communicators are supposed to be editors. A real editor who edit books are English graduate , and creative writing is for literature student .. u can’t hv it all . Even in foreign countries no school will teach you creative writing as a mass communication student. Except u are going for journalism and creative writing as a course .
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:30am On May 24, 2020
Ikennablue:

Don't worry about us. You really wasted your parents hard earned money
grin grin E dey pain you!!!
Money wasted can be recovered
But your life wasted in this shithole can't be recovered.hahahahaha
I pity una shaaa enjoy your shithole!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by James4bright(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:

Some school in the US , they study journalism and creative writing. Mass communication is too wide to add creative writing to the mix , that’s an English course , if u really wanted to do it u would hv taken it as an elective in the English department.

Journalism, gatekeeping, editing and proofreading, these are all valid stages in the print media.

I don't even think English majors are allowed anywhere near print and electronic media houses, it's all for Mass Communicators. And sorry for using a bit of derogatory words earlier, I felt you were one of those clueless nairalanders who rants without anything shrewd to contribute. I love your contribution anyway. Lol

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 8:37am On May 24, 2020
James4bright:

Journalism, gatekeeping, editing and proofreading, these are all valid stages in the print media.

I don't even think English majors are allowed anywhere near print and electronic media houses, it's all for Mass Communicators. And sorry for using a bit of derogatory words earlier, I felt you were one of those clueless nairalanders who rants without anything shrewd to contribute. I love your contribution anyway. Lol
editing news papers is different from being an editor, an editor edits even science books , making sure they use the correct words structure.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by James4bright(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
editing is not a job for a mass communicator. But a English linguist . Are we going to argue this . U used the word creative writing , and thats an English course . Befor u get to creative writing, u hv to be sound in literary terms . It’s like a 300l course in literature.

U said it like mass communicators are supposed to be editors. A real editor who edit books are English graduate , and creative writing is for literature student .. u can’t hv it all . Even in foreign countries no school will teach you creative writing as a mass communication student. Except u are going for journalism and creative writing as a course .

We understand information dissemination better than any other elite. It would be awful if editing positions are being given to English majors compared to Mass communicators.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by James4bright(m): 8:52am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
editing news papers is different from being an editor, an editor edits even science books , making sure they use the correct words structure.

Were you taught Advertising and Public relation? English majors can go into that field too, same with Mass Communicators.

But Mass communicators would always be more efficient in such fields compared to English majors. Lol

Can I hit you up? Lol

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by BrainRider: 9:05am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
If there is one thing I thank Almighty God foris that my family could afford my university education in europe.

The amount of knowledge I gained was tremendous... And I realized why half of our youths back here in Nigeria today are VERY VERY DUMB

In Nigeria, We go to school just for going sake.. Nothing important is gained, we just waste years decieving ourselves.
Reading subjects that we won't apply in our life..
No real knowledge, profs collecting sex and bribe to pass students..

You have students that graduate but can't even use the knowledge they acquired.
Some didn't acquire any fucking knowledge. Just went to school because Daddy and Mummy force me to go to school..

Graduates that can't think outside the box
No wonder y'all can't create anything for yourself. Always carrying certificate to look for who to slave for chicken change you call salary.
What Skill did you learn apart from your useless certificate??
Can you send for yourself without slaving and hunting for jobs..
An illiterate can own a business and still hire you so called first class graduate and still pay you chicken change..
A word is enough for the wise
If you still think In This Nigeria that going to University is sure way of making it. Then get ready to suffer for the rest of your life.
what is wrong with this op bayi?
Why are you ranting?
If e pain you, come stop us from going to the universities. Ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by BrainRider: 9:07am On May 24, 2020
irumanle:
In a nutshell you are said that those of us that can not afford schooling abroad should forget about education. Thunder fire you guy.
May God bless you for this comment
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by BrainRider: 9:16am On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

your air head dey disturb you.
This all you can say with your" I school in Europe"
Mumu... think.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 9:16am On May 24, 2020
James4bright:

Were you taught Advertising and Public relation? English majors can go into that field too, same with Mass Communicators.

But Mass communicators would always be more efficient in such fields compared to English majors. Lol

Can I hit you up? Lol
when it comes to news , advertising , and public relations related yes , but English peepz r good in editing and creative writing . Someone who read linguistics can’t even edit , only English and literary peepz can do both .

Hmmm can I trust you ?
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Liliantalks: 9:19am On May 24, 2020
James4bright:

We understand information dissemination better than any other elite. It would be awful if editing positions are being given to English majors compared to Mass communicators.
nope then u don’t know the meaning of editing. Passing out information is different from editing . And it isn’t given , that is how it is

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 9:23am On May 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
my dear ur parents wasted their money , because u dont even worth that education given to you .

We r aware that the country is in shambles , but atleast u know that no matter what U will hv a little job to feed. So u believe that literates r doing better than graduates in Nigeria ? Legally ofcourse!! U think all the major businesses in Nigeria are created by illiterates ? Okay because a few had grace on their side,, u think it will be that way for you ? Okay if u didn’t go to school u would be living a better life ? U are ur own problem, incontentment

The statement in bold is exactly what I'm saying. School is meant to educate us but most people who go to school do it so they can get a job.

LMAO, you basically Implying that you're smatter than a high school drop out bc you attended Uni? bruh I don't want to be the one to burst your bubbles but you're not, all Nigerian Uni's are big jokes. I went to school to study computer science and all they taught me was pascal and statistics, useless things I already know. After graduating I had to learn programming on my own. Most of the people who taught me how to code didn't even attend Uni themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Ishiewo: 9:26am On May 24, 2020
elpochas:
Reading a useless course in Nigeria with out connection is the worst thing you can do to yourself.
. Please, what are the examples of "useless courses"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Mysterious Twenty Thousand Naira / Restaurant In Germany Where Female Waiters Serve Customers Naked (photos) / Guys, What Are The Female Names That Turn You Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.