Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. (9998 Views)

Semen Retention Is The Dumbest Thing Ever / This Is The Most Disgusting Thing Ever / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2020
onyegwu:
If you say we have not got it right in the area of science and technology I will say you are right but mind you in the mix of all these, there are still some science and technology graduates who are equal to the task be it theoretical and practical so sometimes this whole thing is based on individuals. The reading of textbooks, journals, postulating theories will still remain in the Arts and Humanities and this is obtained everywhere in the world . So challenge those in government to look critically into science and technology and change the curriculum the graduate is only using what is made available to him with all other personal efforts not everybody is fortunate to study abroad. And again remember Nigerian education system was not like this in the 50ties, 60ties and 70ties. The problem is not actually the graduates but the present crop of leaders who has vehemently refuse to stir the country aright.
@ bolded, my friend let me tell u sumtin
Reading and cramming theories will NOT gurantee your educational success abroad.
THE AIM OF THEORY IS TO PRACTICALIZE THE THEORY
All talk and no practical action is useless
We can talk about all the laws of physics but if you can't experiment and see the atoms in electomagnetic microscope instead of relying on Textbook Diagrams then you have not learned anything..
If your nigerian professor teaches you about atomic properties, he uses diagram from textbook written by white man
If European professor is teaching you atomic properties they will let you see it live in an EMF microscope showing detailed properties and movements of atom..
There is a huge difference in seeing something only in textbook and seeing something in real life application

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by onyegwu(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Nigerian Doctors that are copying what American president says..lmao
They were clueless until U.S.A president said Chloroquine should be used.
If Trump said nothing, them go do nothing
Na to copy copy them Sabi

Why is there not a leading research unit for the vaccine in Nigeria??
Other countries like U.K, France are teaming up with their virology experts for cure.
What has the Doctors in Nigeria done if not to shout stay indoors, social distancing and wait for Trump to tell them the next drug to use..lmao Nigeria is a joke grin grin
What have the US, France and UK been able to come up with all their supper know how? Have they gotten any cure? if not, then they are not any better at the moment than the Nigerian Doctors until proved otherwise.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2020
onyegwu:
What have the US, France and UK been able to come up with all their supper know how? Have they gotten any cure? if not, then they are not any better at the moment than the Nigerian Doctors until proved otherwise.
US, France and UK have high numbers why
Because they conduct up to 10,000 test in a day.. The more you test they more positive patients you will see..
Kogi state alone has conducted only 1 test.
So don't use our NDCC statistics as truth
If we start testing like European trust me the real numbers will be in millions.

However the drug used to treat Covid-19 patients called Redmir is produced in U.S
.which has Nigeria contributed to the solution other than begging online to Elon musk and Trump for ventilators. Lmao!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by onyegwu(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

@ bolded, my friend let me tell u sumtin
Reading and cramming theories will NOT gurantee your educational success abroad.
THE AIM OF THEORY IS TO PRACTICALIZE THE THEORY
All talk and no practical action is useless
We can talk about all the laws of physics but if you can't experiment and see the atoms in electomagnetic microscope instead of relying on Textbook Diagrams then you have not learned anything..
If your nigerian professor teaches you about atomic properties, he uses diagram from textbook written by white man
If European professor is teaching you atomic properties they will let you see it live in an EMF microscope showing detailed properties and movements of atom..
There is a huge difference in seeing something only in textbook and seeing something in real life application
Yes that's science and tech which I agree they should revamp. The country is back in those aspect I totally agree with you I did sciences and I know what you are talking about.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by onyegwu(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Because they conduct up to 10,000 test in a day.. The more you test they more positive patients you will see..
If we start testing like European trust me the real numbers will be in millions.

However the drug used to treat Covid-19 patients called Redmir is produced in U.S
.which has Nigeria contributed to the solution other than begging online to Elon musk and Trump for ventilators. Lmao!! grin grin
If the US produced Redmir and it is effective as you claimed then why are they dying in their thousands?

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2020
onyegwu:
If the US produced Redmir and it is effective as you claimed then why are they dying in their thousands?
The people dying have other underlying medical conditions..
Drugs work in sync with our immune system in order to work..
Drugs are like weapons and immune system are like soldiers..
A weak sluggish soldier with a weapon will never win a war, he will get killed
But a Fast active soldier with a weapon will fight with power and agility.
Same with the immune system.. if you give someone with weak immune system a drug it will take more time to work than those who have no underlying medical conditions..
America and European have large population of obesse, cigarette smokers, cancer victims, anemic patients too..A large amount of them have weak immunity, so when these sets of people get COVID it takes time for their body to recover because their immune is handicap by an underlying illness.
The ones that recover had no underlying medical conditions. their good Immune system will react faster to the drug Redmir and they will recover faster. But someone with underlying issues will react slower to Redmir which makes it harder to recover and thus lead to death.
Those that died had other underlying medical issues like liver disease,acute pnemonia, that delay the fast reaction Redmir to save them

3 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 24, 2020
The Nigerian educational framework is actually problematic and needs to be improved. And dear
ChizzyBuna stop the bluffing. You can't because you have had an opportunity to study abroad condemn others. They could be better off you if they had the same opportunity you had including myself.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by LovelyPoison(f): 6:19pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

A novice only needs a Master inorder to learn work not UNIVERSITY..
A novice fashion designer only need an oga to teach him business..next!!
For crying out loud wat are u saying? Wat am I saying Nawa o
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by onyegwu(m): 6:19pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

The people dying have other underlying medical conditions..
Drugs work in sync with our immune system in order to work..
Drugs are like weapons and immune system are like soldiers..
A weak sluggish soldier with a weapon will never win a war, he will get killed
But a Fast active soldier with a weapon will fight with power and agility.
Same with the immune system.. if you give someone with weak immune system a drug it will take more time to work than those who have no underlying medical conditions..
America and European have large population of obesse, cancer victims, anemic patients too, so when these sets of people get COVID it takes time for their body to recover because their immune is handicap by an underlying illness.
The ones that recover had no underlying medical conditions. their good Immune system will react faster to the drug Redmir and they will recover faster. But someone with underlying issues will react slower to Redmir which makes it harder to recover and thus lead to death.
Those that died had other underlying medical issues like liver disease,acute pnemonia, that delay the fast reaction Redmir..
So are u now saying we have stronger and better immune system than them? if that's the case then we have gotten something for once to flaunt as an advantage over the whites. Or would you now say there is no covid-19 in Nigeria?
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by sexylassie2(f): 6:26pm On May 24, 2020
Ask the op, if he has created any job in that Europe?

At the end of the day, he will either file for unemployment benefits if he is a citizen, do yahoo yahoo or move to another country

As far as I concern, Nigerian trained doctors are the best

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by bonnyhope: 6:30pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
If there is one thing I thank Almighty God foris that my family could afford my university education in europe.

The amount of knowledge I gained was tremendous... And I realized why half of our youths back here in Nigeria today are VERY VERY DUMB

In Nigeria, We go to school just for going sake.. Nothing important is gained, we just waste years decieving ourselves.
Reading subjects that we won't apply in our life..
No real knowledge, profs collecting sex and bribe to pass students..

You have students that graduate but can't even use the knowledge they acquired.
Some didn't acquire any fucking knowledge. Just went to school because Daddy and Mummy force me to go to school..

Graduates that can't think outside the box
No wonder y'all can't create anything for yourself. Always carrying certificate to look for who to slave for chicken change you call salary.
What Skill did you learn apart from your useless certificate??
Can you send for yourself without slaving and hunting for jobs..
An illiterate can own a business and still hire you so called first class graduate and still pay you chicken change..
A word is enough for the wise
If you still think In This Nigeria that going to University is sure way of making it. Then get ready to suffer for the rest of your life.

You attended University in Europe and you could nt even write a brief passage
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 6:34pm On May 24, 2020
onyegwu:
So are u now saying we have stronger and better immune system than them? if that's the case then we have gotten something for once to flaunt as an advantage over the whites. Or would you now say there is no covid-19 in Nigeria?
Virus changes and have different strains
The COVID that started in china and the COVID that started in iran,italy are both different strains of the virus
There is a possibility of These countries dealing with a Higher more deadly strain of COVID than the strain we have here in Nigeria.
That is why travelling was banned, because a Traveller can go to Italy and catch the strain of the stronger version of COVID and comback to Nigeria and infect others
There is a possibility that the strain we have in Nigeria is a weaker strain of COVID 19.. That is why travelling is banned so that someone will not go and carry the stronger version of COVID from itsly and come back to us here and infect us.

Another possibility is that yes we do have a strong immune system..
I think it stems from us Africans being used to fighting diseases all our life from infancy. We survived mealses,chicken pox, polio at childhood and still battled malaria,typhoid in our adulthood. So our immu e system is always in alert thus making it stronger.
Europeans never had to battle with diseases like we did in Africa so their immune system was not threatened and thus was not active. Now it got flooded with a bigger challenge of COVID that's why their immune system can't handle it.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by onyegwu(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Virus changes and have different strains
The COVID that started in china and the COVID that started in iran,italy are both different strains of the virus
There is a possibility of These countries dealing with a Higher more deadly strain of COVID than the strain we have here in Nigeria.
That is why travelling was banned, because a Traveller can go to Italy and catch the strain of the stronger version of COVID and comback to Nigeria and infect others
There is a possibility that the strain we have in Nigeria is a weaker strain of COVID 19.. That is why travelling is banned so that someone will not go and carry the stronger version of COVID from itsly and come back to us here and infect us.

Another possibility is that yes we do have a strong immune system..
I think it stems from us Africans being used to fighting diseases all our life from infancy. We survived mealses,chicken pox, polio at childhood and still battled malaria,typhoid in our adulthood. So our immu e system is always in alert thus making it stronger.
Europeans never had to battle with diseases like we did in Africa so their immune system was not threatened and thus was not active. Now it got flooded with a bigger challenge of COVID that's why their immune system can't handle it.
Thank God we both finally agreed on something. Stay safe Bro one love.

2 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by kaymart: 7:19pm On May 24, 2020
egopersonified:
op that studied abroad, what have you invented or what solutions have you discovered in your chosen field of study? Na once dey take dey no who still dey chop daddy thank you. The only point you could use to boast was studying abroad, no mention of the grade you graduated with, your award and achievements while in school, at work or your business. You see that those Nigerian graduates are still better than you because most of them trained themselves and are still doing menial and odd jobs to fend for themselves.
Pls ignore the guy. He's still a child

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Tango123: 7:26pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
If there is one thing I thank Almighty God foris that my family could afford my university education in europe.

The amount of knowledge I gained was tremendous... And I realized why half of our youths back here in Nigeria today are VERY VERY DUMB

In Nigeria, We go to school just for going sake.. Nothing important is gained, we just waste years decieving ourselves.
Reading subjects that we won't apply in our life..
No real knowledge, profs collecting sex and bribe to pass students..

You have students that graduate but can't even use the knowledge they acquired.
Some didn't acquire any fucking knowledge. Just went to school because Daddy and Mummy force me to go to school..

Graduates that can't think outside the box
No wonder y'all can't create anything for yourself. Always carrying certificate to look for who to slave for chicken change you call salary.
What Skill did you learn apart from your useless certificate??
Can you send for yourself without slaving and hunting for jobs..
An illiterate can own a business and still hire you so called first class graduate and still pay you chicken change..
A word is enough for the wise
If you still think In This Nigeria that going to University is sure way of making it. Then get ready to suffer for the rest of your life.

Doctors and nurses trained in Nigeria are excelling in all parts of the world

True or false?

Do u want me to name other professions too?
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Emmaxy9(m): 7:32pm On May 24, 2020
Imagine someone, a Nigerian studying medicine and surgery at the University of Ibadan, the best in West Africa, and after that he accumulates knowledge necessary in the medical practice, are you trying to say that the Knowledge is a waste?
@op, I Understand where you're coming from, but you can't categorise education in Nigeria to be generally scam. It all depends on you, you decide whether you'll embrace whats given to you and think practically or you'll just struggle to pass exams and not learn much.
That mbbs from ui is recognised everywhere and such person can further use it to apply for plab or Usmle and head to the United states or United Kingdom.
Education is what we make it

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Emmaxy9(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

You seem to be counteracting yourself . You as a Nigerian, what have you achieved for the world?

2 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Stacyomolola(f): 7:49pm On May 24, 2020
Are u sure u even attended any university.
Your inability to write and proof-read a brief message correctly baffles me, plus all your antagonistic and senseless post,
Chizzybuna you were able to study abroad, so my question goes as thus: what have u been able to create/ invent with the knowledge you got ?

2 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:07pm On May 24, 2020
Stacyomolola:
Your inability to write and proof-read a brief message correctly baffles me, plus all your antagonistic and senseless post,
Chizzybuna you were able to study abroad, so my question goes as thus: what have u been able to create/ intent with the knowledge you got ?
Quit being emotional.. I stated facts you started feeling emotional. If all I said was false why have you not countered my argument with a solid argument instead you want to divert the topic to the way I write... That's how u know you have nothing to say other than divert the topic.
You should be smarter than this

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by eunisam: 9:25pm On May 24, 2020
You have something very important to say but unfortunately you don't know now to pass your message across.

upon all your education abroad, you still don't know how to pass a message without resulting to insults .

ChizzyBuna cool ya temper we go getam right someday.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by eunisam: 9:33pm On May 24, 2020
Stacyomolola:
Chizzybuna you were able to study abroad, so my question goes as thus: what have u been able to create/ intent with the knowledge you got ?

There is much sense in this nonsense you posted here especially the last statement. but come ooh, do you expect an answer from your last question? e no go answer because......... u know naaa . e no easy anywhere.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by drvalency: 9:43pm On May 24, 2020
Weebo:

You know he's right… Tell me if the average Nigerian Electrical Engineer Uni graduate knows how to power a light bulb.
don't too generalize,i am an Electrical Engineer, i design Electrical panels,forget what you see on the internet, we are good.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 7:00am On May 25, 2020
drvalency:
don't too generalize,i am an Electrical Engineer, i design Electrical panels,forget what you see on the internet, we are good.
You probably learnt that OUTSIDE of Uni, but like I said… "THE AVERAGE"
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Stacyomolola(f): 7:13am On May 25, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Quit being emotional.. I stated facts you started feeling emotional. If all I said was false why have you not countered my argument with a solid argument instead you want to divert the topic to the way I write... That's how u know you have nothing to say other than divert the topic.
You should be smarter than this
Yes sir but u havent answered the last sentence
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Infinixs5: 7:20am On May 25, 2020
Sometimes its seems i wasted my years in the Uni..we all rush in to rush out and becomes Jobless...?Please if u are in any Uni try and get a skill
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by drvalency: 7:27am On May 25, 2020
Weebo:

for all i know,Civil and Electrical Engineers are only Engineering discipline in Nigeria that don't suffer much in the job markets,they always have something to do after graduation.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 7:32am On May 25, 2020
You are blaming the victims for their plight. Nigerian doctors who trained in Nigeria are thriving wherever they are in the world.

Every Nigerian trained graduates who goes abroad succeeds if they work hard. Be grateful for your opportunity and don't flaunt it on a faceless forum while insulting people at the same time.

In a world where we can be anything, be kind!!!

2 Likes

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by MedicH: 8:19am On May 25, 2020
Nigerian universities still ask students to write their assignments on piece of paper with pen, that filth they call fools cap or somethin which means no means of checking for plagiarism, they dont even consider plagiarism a crime. A great overhaul is required.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 10:56am On May 25, 2020
The OP is right though the message was subtly delivered in a condescending manner.

Over 85% of Nigerian graduates can't write proper English or speak proper grammar except they attended private institutions majority of their lives.

The most educated and well-spoken Nigerians schooled in Lag. The lecturers are not worthy of their positions as most of them don't really know what they are teaching. They just read and read and prepare notes before class.

The curricula they use in Nigerian universities are based on the 50's - 70's. An average Nigerian lawyer does not even know what a subpoena or an adjudication is. An average doctor cannot defend his title outside Nigeria that he constantly needs training. A pharmacist prescribes drugs that shouldn't mix. A teacher can't write a formal letter and to top it off....they still use "Yours faithfully". A finance minister borrows from a country that owes another country. A University Dean can never walk into any lecture to check on the standard of his uni. A computer science undergraduate spends 4 yrs in federal uni but the uni only gives him a computer when its a computer-based exam. A pharma undergrad can't manufacture a drug.......

The list is endless. The system is like that as well because all the student wants out of the experience is the certificate and the opportunity they assume awaits them after graduation. Mainly because your chances of being taken seriously in the job market are slim if you are not a graduate. And Nigerians judge each other by level of education, finance and your outward appearance.

Abroad, one goes to Uni to change careers, learn a skill, some to experience freedom from teen life and a long list of reasons. In between, if they feel it ain't what they thought...they hop out and proceed with their skills and work experience

85% of graduates from this generation live on the moon when there is no job available. So they spend years asking questions. The smart ones act fast, start up businesses, build business relationships and aspire to be owners. Some open legs when they should be opening their minds and some build mansions using another woman's tears.....constantly wanting to build an empire off another woman's investment.

The higher education in Nigeria is indeed useless and you will never know until you cross the borders. Even Ghana is enough to let you discover this

A government being run by thugs and farmers will never see education as a good investment

The greatest investment in life is you. No uni in the world will make you great, no matter what they teach you. Its what you teach yourself that counts and what you do with the knowledge gained. All the time spent on social media is wasted time if it does not make you a better individual. So instead of hurling insults at each other...debate and learn a thing or two.

Exchange ideas. Nigerians are constantly seen as animals all over the world because of our common trait of aggression, bickering and anger over everything. Be it online, physically or spiritually sef.

Discuss solutions to the problem and learn from people's experiences. Becos when you get older, you'd wish you knew those things earlier or listened early enough
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by ChizzyBuna(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2020
MedicH:
Nigerian universities still ask students to write their assignments on piece of paper with pen, that filth they call fools cap or somethin which means no means of checking for plagiarism, they dont even consider plagiarism a crime. A great overhaul is required.
God bless you!! This is what I have been talking about

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 25, 2020
Education is key irrespective of the country shortcomings
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by shiffynaani(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2020
Weebo:

bro I sent u message but you didn't reply. I just want to ask you some few questions about the skills you mentioned yesterday. it's personal,pls how can I reach you. email, WhatsApp or any medium. I just need your advice only.thanks

cc:weebo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Man' Brain Versus A Female's Brain / Bride Caught Pants Down With Boyfriend On Her Wedding Eve In A Hotel In Anambra / What Happened The First Day I Picked A Prostitute ( Scariest Moment Of My Life)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.