Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. (9956 Views)

Semen Retention Is The Dumbest Thing Ever / This Is The Most Disgusting Thing Ever / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by tellsblinks(m): 5:56pm On May 25, 2020
dear op it's clear enough that u're done with education...

oya na it's time to find work, and don't forget your NYSC is important as well at least it will give you an opportunity to meet people and help reduce this ego of yours.

And also learn to be diplomatic, not all nigerians are dumb. it seams character wasn't taught in Europe?? because I noticed you lack it.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by imagrg(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2020
True.
Our government killed education.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 25, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Exactly, and when you try to tell them the truth, they start attacking you..Smh
what can I do to make a change to our youths mentality?

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 25, 2020
BotafogoJunior:
say no more brother, you have said it all...i have always told people,life cant be all about getting a job,get married,have children then die,thats the path most travelled for the average human and i dont envy that path.
and those who see as though they have a third eye and which to enact a change by the narrow are extinguished by that absurd system...
the system has created a self sustaining dark Samara and it's as though nothing can penetrate.
what are we to these impregnable fortress?

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 7:07am On May 26, 2020
shiffynaani:
bro I sent u message but you didn't reply. I just want to ask you some few questions about the skills you mentioned yesterday. it's personal,pls how can I reach you. email, WhatsApp or any medium. I just need your advice only.thanks

cc:weebo
Bruh I already replied your sh!t twice you aint even reply back.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 7:22am On May 26, 2020
TIL all citizens of the US and Britain that schooled in their universities don't work for anybody. They don't hunt for jobs. They are all entrepreneurs. Thanks op for the wake up call.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by shiffynaani(m): 8:34am On May 26, 2020
Weebo:

Bruh I already replied your sh!t twice you aint even reply back.
I didn't see your mention to be sincere. maybe something happened. how do I contact u pls bro. am not begging for money,I just want to ask you about something which is very important to me bro. thanks
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 9:05am On May 26, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
If there is one thing I thank Almighty God foris that my family could afford my university education in europe.

The amount of knowledge I gained was tremendous... And I realized why half of our youths back here in Nigeria today are VERY VERY DUMB

In Nigeria, We go to school just for going sake.. Nothing important is gained, we just waste years decieving ourselves.
Reading subjects that we won't apply in our life..
No real knowledge, profs collecting sex and bribe to pass students..

You have students that graduate but can't even use the knowledge they acquired.
Some didn't acquire any fucking knowledge. Just went to school because Daddy and Mummy force me to go to school..

Graduates that can't think outside the box
No wonder y'all can't create anything for yourself. Always carrying certificate to look for who to slave for chicken change you call salary.
What Skill did you learn apart from your useless certificate??
Can you send for yourself without slaving and hunting for jobs..
An illiterate can own a business and still hire you so called first class graduate and still pay you chicken change..
A word is enough for the wise
If you still think In This Nigeria that going to University is sure way of making it. Then get ready to suffer for the rest of your life.
I concur with you,going to a university in Nigeria is a waste of time,you seem to claim that the school in Europe you went to is better than any in Nigeria,which is true,but please,what can u say that u have achieved after schooling abroad,you cant come here and be ranting about the educational system in Nigeria,you'll discourage the younger ones who may not have the means to study outside
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Kirinwa: 10:14am On May 26, 2020
irumanle:
In a nutshell you are saying that those of us that can not afford schooling abroad should forget about education. Thunder fire you guy.

My guy don vex.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Kirinwa: 10:15am On May 26, 2020
VicM6:
If u tell ur papa make he send me like 5million naira make i use go study aboard, e no too bad na since 4 ur mind now, all graduates from nigeria uni are dullard bah.... I no blame u na, na ur papa wey waste money send u go aboard to go study.. Even seun lalastica self na nigeria here him study nd u dey him platform dey type rubbish gv us 4 here.... God go judge dat ur coconut brain.

Op don price and he must collect.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 26, 2020
shiffynaani:
I didn't see your mention to be sincere. maybe something happened. how do I contact u pls bro. am not begging for money,I just want to ask you about something which is very important to me bro. thanks
I meant your mail… I replied your mail already.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by shiffynaani(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2020
Weebo:

I meant your mail… I replied your mail already.
thanks bro,I've seen it. pls check your mail
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by VicM6: 6:27pm On May 26, 2020
Kirinwa:

Op don price and he must collect.
abi na, no mind am
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by KenBen217: 2:31am On May 27, 2020
themaestro08:

You are clueless and literally have no idea what you are talking about. Education is power. Not only to individuals but even to nations - no country develops without investing in education.

A quality education is a price worth paying for - proved by millions.

That the state of the nation is pathetic doesn't obliterate the fact that the gateway to success and prosperity is Education.

The best investment ever is on education. Its priceless and more importantly transforms life positively.

Your view is completely ridiculous, silly and void.

Modified: you schooled abroad, so? I am not interested in that drivel. You sound ordinary and unpolished. I doubt if you are even educated at all.

Its a well known fact that our educational sector in Nigeria is in a sorry state. We don't need a thicko like you to tell us. Even at that half bread is better than none. As a matter of fact our unis are
Churning out brains yearly, so what's your exactly man?
you're the kind of parent I never pray to be to my children or the kind of parent that no one needs in this period and time.education is the key,it's the best investment,and when people finish,what?? you're part of the long list of liars who manage to deceive youth instead of teaching them a skill they can master and earn money. please,change for your children,don't carry this mentality enter future the way nigeria is going you'll set them up for failure with this your archaic belief. una wey still believe in university education

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Darevofpeace(m): 3:12am On May 27, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

I was once like you until I travelled outside.
I know all your life, u have never steppy out if this shithole, so your opinions are useless..lol
You're as good as a villager who has never left the village. Travel and open your eyes

This is where you got to absolutely wrong. O.P you lacked constructive criticism.
Some of your points are valid actually, but you could as well made it clear than insulting people here.
That Europe where you had your education was never an overnight success talking about how there government and leaders had created an enabling environment and a system/structure in place for any immigrants for studies and they excels so well.
Nobody chooses his/her parents and at that we became Nigerian by being given birth to here.The only thing we lacked in this country is "good leadership''
You were speaking as if you were the first Nigerian to go study abroad.
That rot in our University Curricula is a long time problem and it needs serious overhauling.
We lacked basic structures to create an enabling environment for the graduates.
Ask yourself,how much change can a graduate effects if the government is still not ready to do the needful ?
America,China,Germany, India created a University Education curriculum to fit into there economic structures in line with international standards.But Nigeria copied all the British Curriculum as given since 1960 till date and we got properly stucked thereby most courses can't be applied in the job market.
You made it looked like all Nigeria graduates are slow poke.
Whenever you want to criticize,do not make it insultive to the hard working graduates doing all it takes everyday to make it in life.
Life is far bigger than us all.

1 Like

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by themaestro08(m): 5:30am On May 27, 2020
KenBen217:

you're the kind of parent I never pray to be to my children or the kind of parent that no one needs in this period and time.education is the key,it's the best investment,and when people finish,what?? you're part of the long list of liars who manage to deceive youth instead of teaching them a skill they can master and earn money. please,change for your children,don't carry this mentality enter future the way nigeria is going you'll set them up for failure with this your archaic belief. una wey still believe in university education

You are assuming that I am against young people acquiring digital and other relevant skills which is absolutely untrue. Its all part of education ya know.

Or are you so dumb to understand ya thicko grin?
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 28, 2020
KenBen217:

Bros,calm down na.......
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by SultanOfAbia: 11:43pm On May 28, 2020
nzehvictor2016:

and those who see as though they have a third eye and which to enact a change by the narrow are extinguished by that absurd system...
the system has created a self sustaining dark Samara and it's as though nothing can penetrate.
what are we to these impregnable fortress?

Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by Philosopher1979: 2:23am On Nov 03, 2022

The statement in bold is exactly what I'm saying. School is meant to educate us but most people who go to school do it so they can get a job.

LMAO, you basically Implying that you're smatter than a high school drop out bc you attended Uni? bruh I don't want to be the one to burst your bubbles but you're not, all Nigerian Uni's are big jokes. I went to school to study computer science and all they taught me was pascal and statistics, useless things I already know. After graduating I had to learn programming on my own. Most of the people who taught me how to code didn't even attend Uni themselves.

The problem is that most people only read to pass exams. You have to read even after graduation from university. In that way you can learn how to apply and diversify knowledge.
The statistics you learn is good for bioinformatics and natural language processing. After school you have to do the research yourself.
Real education starts after university. You do those courses so you can study them for life. I still read my textbooks I used in school and I apply them to my environment.
Our orientation about education is poor. School just gives you a knowledge base to build on. You need to develop a passion for knowledge
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:13am On Nov 03, 2022
extol1:
op, Nigeria universities are not as bad as the way you are painting them.
Don’t mind this one because you are very fortunate your parents send you abroad and you think it’s easy for others.

Why are other nations rushing Nigerian doctors and programmers?
I have a friend who is in USA now she’s regretting why she did not finish her school in Nigeria before leaving.
Re: Going To University In Nigeria Is The Most Useless Thing Ever.. by irumanle(m): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2022
Remembering what lecturers who haven't traveled outside the shore of this country to acquire knowledge did to me in school always makes me sad. Many thanks to the likes of Baba Kofarbai, Prof. Yahya Makarfi, Prof. Ibrahim A.D, Dr. Abdullahi Muhammed, Dr. Ahmadu, Dr. Kolo B.A. May God almighty bless them all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How Niggas Seperate Fight Between Girls / What Is Your Month Of Birth? Look And See You(pix) / Guys, What Are The Female Names That Turn You Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.