Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? (16247 Views)

IPOB To Kumuyi: Don't Hold Crusade In Aba, South-East, Pray In Your Lagos Church / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by tochievol: 2:05pm On May 24, 2020
Free thinkers united..are you really sure you're a free thinker? Because there is no free soul. If you're a free thinker it also means you dont have a spirit and a soul.
And as for those against speaking in tongues, you can't criticize what you dont know about as simple as that.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by photon3106: 2:05pm On May 24, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Most of what is termed speaking in tongues today are falsehood. They are either demonic incantations or total gibberish.

The tongues spoken during the day of Pentecost were actual human languages. The Bible also named the languages there were spoken. But today, what we hear are eskobibikilaka Shaka. Histala ba ski Shaka.

What's the essence of speaking in tongues? It is to preach the gospel. For example, you find yourself in China and don't understand Chinese, but you have to preach the gospel. God can give you the ability to speak Chinese at that moment to enable you preach and win souls.

The apostles at Pentecost spoke the languages of the people present then who had come to Jerusalem from all parts of the world. The people could hear the gospel in their language spoken by Jews who had never spoken it before. It was a miracle. Read the account in the book of Acts.

But Pentecostal churches today are messing Christianity up with gibberish or satanic incantations.

Flee from Pentecostal churches today or you will be doomed in hell.

In your mind, only Pentecostal churches encourage and embrace speaking in tongues. So CCC, C and S, Anglican, Methodist etc. are Pentecostal too or you don't know they embrace speaking in tongues too?

If you're not a Christian then your Advice should be: 'Run from Churches...NOT 'Run from Pentecostal Churches...'

If you claim to be a christian (I think you're not) then you should embark on a Bible study and research on 'Speaking in tongues'
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by junique629(f): 2:08pm On May 24, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Speaking in tongue is a scam. Jesus Christ never spoke in tongue to proof anything. You are only decieving yourselves acting like your speaking in tongues. Most pastors mix different languages in one sentence and claim speaking in tongues. A girl invited me to Christ embassy one day when I was in school and when I went there I was shocked at what I saw. The pastor said if u want to speak in tongues come out and he will pray for them. See d way gullible people came out and after d pastor with fried hair like oyakhilome prayed for them they were all forming speaking in tongues. I wept that day. I was hearing calabar language mixed with hausa in one sentence.

My advice is whatever is ur problem or whatever u need and u need Gods intervention, u don't need to speak in tongues. Be sincere with ur request and have a clean heart and ask God. God will grant ur request so easily.

Happy Sunday and God bless us all.
ignoramus,they didn't need to,Jesus had to go first to usher in the holy spirit our intercessor,there are lots of things we don't know to ask for,the holy spirit intercede when we speak in tongues
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by WeaponofTechstr: 2:15pm On May 24, 2020
Missyajoke:
I hope we're blessed with this short message of mine as we understand how Speaking/Praying in tongues helps in building our spiritual life.

Why do we need to speak/ pray in tongues.

The full baptism of the Holy Spirit is always evidenced by speaking in tongues. In Act 2 " 1-4
"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind and it gilled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire and it sat upon each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." What does " As the Spiri gave them utterance means" it means where he lives in the innermost part of your being- in your spir- from there rivers of living waters will flow.

Out of your spirit you'll begin to hear the voice of the Spirit giving you utterances. You'll hear it on the inside. But you have to open your mouth and speak it out. When you receive the baptism of the Holy spirit there is no need for dramatic emotion or jerking or falling down.

Some people, when they begin to speak on tongues they do not have fluency, or a large spiritual vocabulary. They are like little children when they're first learning his to speak, talking in broken words as they're learning. The constant infilling of the Spirit keeps you full of the mighty power of the Holy Spirit. Its a continual experience.

By speaking In tongues regularly, you fine - tune your spirit's awareness of the Holy Spirits indwelling presence.

Reasons for praying/ Speaking in Tongues

1. It edifies you or builds you up spiritually. Look at what Paul wrote to the Corinthians. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifies himself (1 Cor. 14:4)
2. Speaking in Tongues reminds us of the Holy Spirits residence wcorrectly ( John 14:16-17)
3. Praying in tongues helps us pray correctly (Rom.8:26-27)
4. Praying in tongues stimulates our faith. (Jude 20)
5. Praying in tongues helps to keep us from foul talk.
6. Praying in tongues bring spiritual refreshing.(John 7:38-39)
7. Speaking in tongues helps to build a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.(Rom. 8:14-16)
8. Speaking I'm tongues gives us power to be witnesses.(Acts 1: cool

From Kenneth Hagin's book. Nice.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by AFEnatURE(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2020
Youngzedd:
Around A.D. 170, the church excommunicated Montanus and the two prophetess (Priscilla and Maximilla) for their prophesies and doing what many are doing today, that's speaking in a language others don't understand (speaking in tongues). Montanism was named after Montanus. He was opposed using Matthew 7:15. The Catholic Church (Not Roman Catholic Church) saw Montanist doctrine as a threat, the bishops of Asia Minor gathered in synods and finally excommunicated the Montanists.

One of the major reason the church excommunicated them is based on the below scripture they didn't meet.

1 Corinthians 14:27-28
27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

Acts 2:6-11
6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

Tongues of angels >> http://www.bible-speaking-in-tongues.com/tongues-of-angels.html

Speaking in tongues is a language of humans, just like Igbo, Chinese, French, Spanish, Yoruba etc, anything other than that is a sign of madness and such person requires medical attention.
. may God continue to increase your knowledge
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by ignis: 2:17pm On May 24, 2020
phransix2:
I don't know how to and and trying to fake it makes me look stupid...

You need to be baptized with the holy ghost.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Missyajoke(f): 2:23pm On May 24, 2020
WeaponofTechstr:

From Kenneth Hagin's book. Nice.

Thanks
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by RealEzee(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2020
The manifestation of the gift of tongues was on the day of pentecost, that been said anything other than that is false, its actual language, if you speak your own language in the midst of others who don't understand it you only edify yourself in other words its only you that profit from it, if an 'unbeliever' comes to your church and all of you at the same time are speaking your various tongues y'all are mad according to that 'unbeliever'smiley abi na.

This type of tongues present in most pentecostal churches are just scam and not biblical at all kwa santayaba oroboshashasha skrrr papapa smiley, Abeg pentecostal Christians no go kill me with laff Ja re,set awon my pastor said.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PRETEND THAT WE'RE ANIMALS, MAKING INCOMPREHENSIBLE NOISES THAT ARE ONLY PERMITTED IN CHURCH.

Just like you are permitted to post in all CAPS
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Kizzygentle: 2:48pm On May 24, 2020
junique629:
ignoramus,they didn't need to,Jesus had to go first to usher in the holy spirit our intercessor,there are lots of things we don't know to ask for,the holy spirit intercede when we speak in tongues
One Christ embassy girl spotted. No need to argue with u.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Excuses: 2:50pm On May 24, 2020
Let me tell us something..when i was in secondary school..particularly in ss3,an ex-official of the f.c.s came to visit us on Sunday and was the one to lead in preaching. i was the drama coordinator.after the service was over we the officials were asked to wait behind..during his meeting with us he said he wishes to know those of us who have up our game in the christiandom and consequently have improved our spiritual lives.

Nairalanders you would not believe what happened. during our first prayer point after the meeting.it became clear i was the only one who could not speak in tongues..He then concentrated his efforts on me according to him i must speak the tongues too. because of these he refused going back to town,he insisted that we the excos hold a vigil that very night and that the vigil must hold in my room, it was a boarding school.

Guys he did it to me, like forced me, compelled me until i started saying the things he was saying plus adding my own jara..all these i did because i wanted him to live me alone..The next day he told my friend the prayer secretary that i have improved..

That was the day i confirmed personally that the whole thing is total bulshit. to me the whole thing is an act of hypocrisy..

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Most of what is termed speaking in tongues today are falsehood. They are either demonic incantations or total gibberish.

The tongues spoken during the day of Pentecost were actual human languages. The Bible also named the languages there were spoken. But today, what we hear are eskobibikilaka Shaka. Histala ba ski Shaka.

What's the essence of speaking in tongues? It is to preach the gospel. For example, you find yourself in China and don't understand Chinese, but you have to preach the gospel. God can give you the ability to speak Chinese at that moment to enable you preach and win souls.

The apostles at Pentecost spoke the languages of the people present then who had come to Jerusalem from all parts of the world. The people could hear the gospel in their language spoken by Jews who had never spoken it before. It was a miracle. Read the account in the book of Acts.

But Pentecostal churches today are messing Christianity up with gibberish or satanic incantations.

Flee from Pentecostal churches today or you will be doomed in hell.
speaking in unknown tongues and praying in tongues are not same. Ask to be informed.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by EDGEof2MORO: 3:26pm On May 24, 2020
Speaking in tongues, the Nigerian way grin
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:31pm On May 24, 2020
olaadesino:
Speaking in tongues is nothing but deception. Did Jesus Christ speak in tongues and did he teaches?
Mark 16:17( And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongueswink
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:49pm On May 24, 2020
Speaking in tongues & praying in tongues or in the spirit are not same. When you speak in tongues or unknown tongues,it's open for interpretation but when you pray in tongues or you pray in the spirit, you are praying to God directly. It's a business between you & God that's why it's for self edification,it for personal spiritual build up(Jude 20-But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost).The first is subject for interpretation but the second is never.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by RemarkableMind: 4:07pm On May 24, 2020
Speaking in tongue isn't something you get to choose. It is a gift. Do you even know what a spiritual gift means? It is a quality/ability given to you according to God's Will for you and your mission within the world and the Church. God or His Holy Ghost would not give us something that we cannot use or that is not necessary to His Will. It is given; not taken by force or because you desire it, or because your pastor lay hands on you. How many people Jesus laid hands on to impart them knowledge or spiritual gift?

That someone "must" speak in tongue to evident the dwelling of the Holy Ghost is nonsense and un-biblical. It is people like you and others who are complete ignorant of the working of the plan of God within and outside the Gospel that confuses others, and belittle the power of the Christian faith.

Conclusively, your tongue is unnecessary, given that God understands the language you understands. You neither know what you are saying nor able to interpret for someone who is willing to believe your faith. Even if you believe, you may not speak in tongue. Everything we have from the Father is given according to His Will for us.

Most of modern Christians just go to Church to be seen, or feel good about their faith. Most of us don't even read our Bible to understand; we read because they told us to read.

ocha88:
This wonderful write up just shows how shortsighted some of us that claim to be a Christain are, some even condemned it that there’s nothing like speaking in tongues it shows level of ignorant in our churches today, you call yourself a believer yet you can’t make out time to study your bible to know what you believe in, yet you are quick to condemn what you don’t know about, the reason you will not speak in tongues is because you never believe in it , something that was given freely (mark16:17) just believe that’s all. Finally if you are a believer and you want to know God then seek for the present of Holy Spirit in your life without Holy Spirit in your life don’t even discuss about things of God because education can’t give you the knowledge about God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by RemarkableMind: 4:10pm On May 24, 2020
EvangelistChuks:
Speaking in tongues & praying in tongues or in the spirit are not same. When you speak in tongues or unknown tongues,it's open for interpretation but when you pray in tongues or you pray in the spirit, you are praying to God directly. It's a business between you & God that's why it's for self edification,it for personal spiritual build up(Jude 20-But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost).The first is subject for interpretation but the second is never.

Praying in the Holy Spirit, in this context, doesn't mean praying in tongues....balanahehahhaauika.
To pray in the Holy Ghost in this context means you pray deeply, according to the direction of the Spirit of God, towards what the Holy Spirit has planted in your heart, or according to His inspiration. So much misinterpretation from modern religious leaders. It is a pity!
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by sharisto(m): 4:20pm On May 24, 2020
the things of the spirit is understood only by those that are filled with it.......if u dont believe in speaking in tongues u are very far from understanding the spiritual insight about what the holy spirit can do in your life
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by sunkieisland(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2020
mapet:

I find your submission here somewhat weird!

1. From Verses 6-12 Paul absolutely clarified the usefulness or otherwise of speaking in tongue to a large assembly as against in person. Verse 12 spoke to their eagerness for the gifts of the spirit and Paul's encouragement and guidance for them to focus on those that build up the church.
2. You came out as presenting a difference between speaking and praying in tongues and that one is of greater value, using verse 14 to strengthen the argument that the mind disconnects. This I find wrong and twist as verse 14 is a continuation from 12 up to 17. Paul clarified that speaking in tongues profit the assembly little and is of no value if there is none to interpret
3. @the bolded and underlined, I find it ridiculous. Paul was not speaking in isolation in verse 18 and his personal activities was used to buttress his point on what should be personal and what should be used in the general assembly. Despite affirming speaking in tongues as a gift of the spirit, and his having of the gift more than any of the people in the congregation, yet in verse 19 he asserts that it is of no value to the church as they are unintelligible and thus meaningless to them.
4. What do you mean if you are not a church leader or spiritual leader? I am not so what? I cannot read and interpret my bible? It makes me less of the person in the spirit or I do not have the Holy Spirit in me? These sounds like an indoctrination statement where some "leaders" brainwash people to think they have the exclusive preserve of the understanding of the scriptures. What is important is What does the scripture say?

You have certainly read the wrong thing in my church leadership analysis. I meant someone leading a church or group of people is obligated to interpret in order to edify the people he leads but on a personal level, he doesn't have to be worried about interpretation of the tongues because the speaking process is self-edifying.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Toofan007: 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
You don't need to speak in any tongue, don't let anybody tell you different. Pray to God in dem languages that you understand. In fact, you can pray to God without even speaking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by EvangelistChuks(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2020
RemarkableMind:

Praying in the Holy Spirit, in this context, doesn't mean praying in tongues....balanahehahhaauika.
To pray in the Holy Ghost in this context means you pray deeply, according to the direction of the Spirit of God, towards what the Holy Spirit has planted in your heart, or according to His inspiration. So much misinterpretation from modern religious leaders. It is a pity!
Rom.8:26-Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with "groanings" which cannot be uttered.Get born again first then these becomes clearer to you.1 corinth.2:12 -Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither, can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by RemarkableMind: 5:30pm On May 24, 2020
You don't know what you're saying. So, I am just going to let you be. If you need an unbeliever to preach to, find the person elsewhere. Your comprehension of the things of the Gospel is very limited. Do more of independent Bible studies. Have a great evening!
EvangelistChuks:

Rom.8:26-Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with "groanings" which cannot be uttered.Get born again first then these becomes clearer to you.1 corinth.2:12 -Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither, can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by bullstriker: 5:44pm On May 24, 2020
This message should answer most of your questions about tongues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VXdv55Qfg
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On May 24, 2020
EvangelistChuks:

Groanings are devoid of words, and hence cannot be interpreted as language can. So, no, Praying in the Spirit is not to be confused with Speaking in tongues which is a gift of the Spirit. Praying in the Spirit is NOT a gift of the spirit. It is what the Spirit of God Himself does on our behalf, and of His own choosing.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On May 24, 2020
sharisto:
the things of the spirit is understood only by those that are filled with it.......if u dont believe in speaking in tongues u are very far from understanding the spiritual insight about what the holy spirit can do in your life
BullPiss! Speaking in tongues is only documented in the Bible as a sign to unbelievers, and nothing more.

Those who do not have the gift or do not believe IN the gift can quite adequately grow in the Spirit, for the Spirit of God is the one who DIRECTS their growth, not the gifts. The only "spiritual insight" you and anyone gets is the one the Spirit of the Living God gives you. If He, Spirit of the Living God, has you sit instead for 3 years doing absolutely nothing, that is all the insight you will have - no matter what you want instead
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Legendguru: 6:05pm On May 24, 2020
Oh
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On May 24, 2020
Excuses:
Let me tell us something..when i was in secondary school..particularly in ss3,an ex-official of the f.c.s came to visit us on Sunday and was the one to lead in preaching. i was the drama coordinator.after the service was over we the officials were asked to wait behind..during his meeting with us he said he wishes to know those of us who have up our game in the christiandom and consequently have improved our spiritual lives.
Nairalanders you would not believe what happened. during our first prayer point after the meeting.it became clear i was the only one who could not speak in tongues..He then concentrated his efforts on me according to him i must speak the tongues too. because of these he refused going back to town,he insisted that we the excos hold a vigil that very night and that the vigil must hold in my room, it was a boarding school.
[b]Guys he did it to me, like forced me, compelled me until i started saying the things he was saying plus adding my own jara..all these i did because i wanted him to live me alone../b]The next day he told my friend the prayer secretary that i have improved..[
That was the day i confirmed personally that the whole thing is total bulshit. to me the whole thing is an act of hypocrisy..
I had a somewhat similar experience myself. Only in my case, I can confirm that the gibberish that came out of my mouth, though a different set of sounds from the sounds I heard from the others "praying in tongues" around me. No matter what I tried to say, the same set of sounds would come out of my mouth, as if being looped.
By day two, I had concluded that it was no new language at all, also realized that the same applied to everyone else in the congregation there. They were not speaking a new language either .. just gibberish... What is called glossolalia.
Days later, I was able to loose that nonsense and never went back to it again. However, I never forgot that experience, and now I know that tongues, in Speaking in tongues, is speaking and singing9among other things that are possible) in a full blown language,
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Sammysparkcutie: 6:18pm On May 24, 2020
Horlufemi:

You know people that are not born again can do the exact thing you're calling speaking in tongues. What makes your own different from gibberish.

Ka ka ka ka ka ka lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo Kum Kum k Kum Kum , re re re re re re re

No difference. Speaking in tongues is for converting unbelievers. You know, telling them in their native tongues to accept Christ, that is kind of miracle is unbelievable.

Imagine an indian man speaking in Igbo language to an atheist who is Igbo natively and the Indian doesn't even know he spoke Igbo. The atheist will become a believer because of the miracle. That's how it works.

It is called diverse kind of tongues, and is still in existence. It comes in the form of prophecy at times. Speaking in tongues edifices you, builds you up. It stirs up your faith. Please don't condemn what you have little or no knowledge about, ask the Holy Ghost for more understanding. As a Christian, you cannot grow spiritually without the experience of speaking in tongues. Tongues activate other gifts of the Holy Ghost. Peace!
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by naijaman2225(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2020
THE ONLY SPEAKING IN TONGUES THAT I KNOW OF IS THE ALBUM BY THE AMERICAN ROCK BAND , THE TALKING HEADS.

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Horlufemi(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2020
Sammysparkcutie:

It is called diverse kind of tongues, and is still in existence. It comes in the form of prophecy at times. Speaking in tongues edifices you, builds you up. It stirs up your faith. Please don't condemn what you have little or no knowledge about, ask the Holy Ghost for more understanding. As a Christian, you cannot grow spiritually without the experience of speaking in tongues. Tongues activate other gifts of the Holy Ghost. Peace!

I have grown in faith and love.

I've spoken in prophesy severally.

As a Christian, you cannot grow spiritually without the experience of speaking in tongues. Tongues activate other gifts of the Holy Ghost.
this is totally unbiblical. You've been taught wrong. Love is the greatest gift of the Holy Spirit, that's what makes you like Christ.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On May 24, 2020
Sammysparkcutie:
It is called diverse kind of tongues, and is still in existence.
Wrong.... a tongue is a language (complete in all sense). Diverse tongues likely refers to many different languages, each of them a valid language.
Sammysparkcutie:
It comes in the form of prophecy at times.
Speaking in tongues does not have anything to do with prophecy.
Sammysparkcutie:
Speaking in tongues edifices you, builds you up. It stirs up your faith.
But I have to ask, how does it edify or build a person up? In what way?
Sammysparkcutie:
Please don't condemn what you have little or no knowledge about, ask the Holy Ghost for more understanding. As a Christian, you cannot grow spiritually without the experience of speaking in tongues. Tongues activate other gifts of the Holy Ghost. Peace!
Wrong! Your growth is not hinged on the gifts that you have been given by the Spirit of God, but on your acceptance of His lead, the lead of the Spirit of the Living God who gave you those gifts.
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Sammysparkcutie: 6:55pm On May 24, 2020
Horlufemi:

I have grown in faith and love.

I've spoken in prophesy severally.

this is totally unbiblical. You've been taught wrong. Love is the greatest gift of the Holy Spirit, that's what makes you like Christ.

I wish i have all the time to break it down. Do have a pleasant day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore / Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.