Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? (16230 Views)

IPOB To Kumuyi: Don't Hold Crusade In Aba, South-East, Pray In Your Lagos Church / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Missyajoke(f): 9:07am On May 24, 2020
I hope we're blessed with this short message of mine as we understand how Speaking/Praying in tongues helps in building our spiritual life.

Why do we need to speak/ pray in tongues.

The full baptism of the Holy Spirit is always evidenced by speaking in tongues. In Act 2 " 1-4
"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind and it gilled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire and it sat upon each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." What does " As the Spiri gave them utterance means" it means where he lives in the innermost part of your being- in your spir- from there rivers of living waters will flow.

Out of your spirit you'll begin to hear the voice of the Spirit giving you utterances. You'll hear it on the inside. But you have to open your mouth and speak it out. When you receive the baptism of the Holy spirit there is no need for dramatic emotion or jerking or falling down.

Some people, when they begin to speak on tongues they do not have fluency, or a large spiritual vocabulary. They are like little children when they're first learning his to speak, talking in broken words as they're learning. The constant infilling of the Spirit keeps you full of the mighty power of the Holy Spirit. Its a continual experience.

By speaking In tongues regularly, you fine - tune your spirit's awareness of the Holy Spirits indwelling presence.

Reasons for praying/ Speaking in Tongues

1. It edifies you or builds you up spiritually. Look at what Paul wrote to the Corinthians. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifies himself (1 Cor. 14:4)
2. Speaking in Tongues reminds us of the Holy Spirits residence wcorrectly ( John 14:16-17)
3. Praying in tongues helps us pray correctly (Rom.8:26-27)
4. Praying in tongues stimulates our faith. (Jude 20)
5. Praying in tongues helps to keep us from foul talk.
6. Praying in tongues bring spiritual refreshing.(John 7:38-39)
7. Speaking in tongues helps to build a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.(Rom. 8:14-16)
8. Speaking I'm tongues gives us power to be witnesses.(Acts 1: cool

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Buliwyf: 9:15am On May 24, 2020
Lol. Speaking in tongues is farcical and only worthy of mockery. Especially the ones that Christians practice these days. It's nothing more than gibberish and some patois that you guys use to psych up yourselves and feel you have a communication with some higher power. News flash, you don't!!!

It is telling that none of the tongues spoken these days can be recognised as any form of language by people. The only anecdotal evidence for speaking in tongues makes it known that they actually spoke the languages of the foreign people around them and could be understood. But you guys these days utter rubbish which doesn't even help anyone, not even yourselves.

Every language has the same pattern. You can do a statistical sampling of the words to get their usage frequency and all human languages have the same pattern. Some words are used more frequently than others. Especially articles. Heck, even dolphins' communication patterns almost matches that of humans and that's why it's been theorised that they have language. But you charlatans speaking in tongues, same thing can't be said for you. Your word usage is all over the place and usually you are just repeating the same nonsense over and over. No one can understand you. Not even yourselves.

Lastly, what's the use of your speaking in tongues? You have been speaking in tongues yet your life is not better than the average person that doesn't speak in tongues. You have no special knowledge, no special insights nor special abilities. You are as ordinary as the rest of us and the only thing that seems exceptional about you is your unmatched ability to delude yourself. You remind of those Christ Embassy girls in school that will meet you on the road and ask you to start speaking in tongues immediately. Then in the evening they are off to some guy's house to have the sex of their lives.

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Bojack(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2020

13 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by phransix2: 9:40am On May 24, 2020
I don't know how to and and trying to fake it makes me look stupid...

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by jericco1(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2020
Hmm this speaking in tongues of a thing; I am still trying to understand it. Nice points though
May God fill my spirit aright so that I can communicate with him in a different tongue

14 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:40am On May 24, 2020
The Bible says, “He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself . . .” (1 Cor. 14:4).

Apostle Paul also stated in First Corinthians 14:14, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.”

God is a Spirit.
When you pray in tongues, your spirit is in direct contact with God, who is a Spirit.
When you speak in tongues, you are talking to Him by divine, supernatural means.

Speaking with tongues keeps us continually aware of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling Presence.
And if you are conscious of the indwelling Presence of the Holy Spirit every day, it is bound to affect the way you think and live.

Meanwhile,  
From all of us @[[/b] : Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim Friends

Caseless:
Thank you,. Happy sallah to you. The entire Islamic world appreciate this heartfelt message from you. Thank you for always standing on the side of truth.

We're coming for BBQ!
You are always welcome brotherly.
BBQ will be ready for all of you after this pandemic time bro.
Enjoy your day with love.
One Love.

ArticleBeast:

This is the most sensible thing I have seen you post. You are always a wise man when you are not discussing politics
Ok sir!

We have stopped replying same thing all over again about the reasons for our staunch support for our darling daddy and his Vice [b]( JUST the 2 politicans in our country you will only see us supporting and vouching for
)..Going through our old posts may help.

Have a blessed sunday ahead sir!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Psalm2423(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2020
Buliwyf:
Lol. Speaking in tongues is farcical and only worthy of mockery. Especially the ones that Christians practice these days. It's nothing more than gibberish and some patois that you guys use to psych up yourselves and feel you have a communication with some higher power. News flash, you don't!!!

It is telling that none of the tongues spoken these days can be recognised as any form of language by people. The only anecdotal evidence for speaking in tongues makes it known that they actually spoke the languages of the foreign people around them and could be understood. But you guys these days utter rubbish which doesn't even help anyone, not even yourselves.

Every language has the same pattern. You can do a statistical sampling of the words to get their usage frequency and all human languages have the same pattern. Some words are used more frequently than others. Especially articles. Heck, even dolphins' communication patterns almost matches that of humans and that's why it's been theorised that they have language. But you charlatans speaking in tongues, same thing can be said for you. Your word usage is all over the place and usually you are just repeating the same nonsense over and over. No one can understand you. Not even yourselves.

Lastly, what's the use of your speaking in tongues? You have been speaking in tongues yet your life is not better than the average person that doesn't speak in tongues. You have no special knowledge, special insights or special abilities. You are as ordinary as the rest of us and the only thing that seems exceptional about you is your ability to delude yourself. You remind of those Christ Embassy girls in school that will meet you on the road and ask you to start speaking in tongues immediately. Then in the evening they are off to some guy's house to have the sex of their lives.

Christ Embassy girls grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by ForeThinker: 9:41am On May 24, 2020

Eid Mubarrak to all Muslim countries at war and to all the Muslims who didn't get to live to see this one

❤️❤️♥️

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by whytediamond(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2020
Please is "Indaboski Bahose" a form of speaking in tongue or just name for a certain man of God.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2020
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by sageer1706(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2020
Did Jesus and his disciple speak in tongues (just asking for a friend)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by point5: 9:42am On May 24, 2020
Do we need to speak it or it happens when you receive Holy Ghost..anyways pastors of today don’t wait to receive it again b4 they start speaking rubbish...mmmtwchh

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by paulolee(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2020
to improve our spritual life

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by MERCHANDISER: 9:42am On May 24, 2020
Death is inevitable,everybody will die.Thats one of the biological features of Animals(human inclusive).
I just want to make sure u don't belong to the sch of thought that believe,when someone perpertrate or does evil,when he dies,he will perish in Hell fire for eternity or when someone is good,righteous,auspicious and honest,when he dies,he will goto heaven?

I'm a free thinker,i don't believe in all these things.The exaggerated, over-boring and highly contradicting
stories from the religious books make religion looks like shiit

China,india,Korea,Japan etc don't believe in all these stuff and they are progressing rapidly. Tell me one thing Africa has benefitted from foreign religion?

10 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by alBHAGDADI: 9:42am On May 24, 2020
Most of what is termed speaking in tongues today are falsehood. They are either demonic incantations or total gibberish.

The tongues spoken during the day of Pentecost were actual human languages. The Bible also named the languages there were spoken. But today, what we hear are eskobibikilaka Shaka. Histala ba ski Shaka.

What's the essence of speaking in tongues? It is to preach the gospel. For example, you find yourself in China and don't understand Chinese, but you have to preach the gospel. God can give you the ability to speak Chinese at that moment to enable you preach and win souls.

The apostles at Pentecost spoke the languages of the people present then who had come to Jerusalem from all parts of the world. The people could hear the gospel in their language spoken by Jews who had never spoken it before. It was a miracle. Read the account in the book of Acts.

But Pentecostal churches today are messing Christianity up with gibberish or satanic incantations.

Flee from Pentecostal churches today or you will be doomed in hell.

30 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Youngzedd(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2020
Around A.D. 170, the church excommunicated Montanus and the two prophetess (Priscilla and Maximilla) for their prophesies and doing what many are doing today, that's speaking in a language others don't understand (speaking in tongues). Montanism was named after Montanus. He was opposed using Matthew 7:15. The Catholic Church (Not Roman Catholic Church) saw Montanist doctrine as a threat, the bishops of Asia Minor gathered in synods and finally excommunicated the Montanists.

One of the major reason the church excommunicated them is based on the below scripture they didn't meet.

1 Corinthians 14:27-28
27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

Acts 2:6-11
6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

Tongues of angels >> http://www.bible-speaking-in-tongues.com/tongues-of-angels.html

Speaking in tongues is a language of humans, just like Igbo, Chinese, French, Spanish, Yoruba etc, anything other than that is a sign of madness and such person requires medical attention.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:42am On May 24, 2020
BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PRETEND THAT WE'RE ANIMALS, MAKING INCOMPREHENSIBLE NOISES THAT ARE ONLY PERMITTED IN CHURCH.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by arantess: 9:44am On May 24, 2020
Let God be praised!!

Holy spirit divine fill me with thy power, I pray in Jesus Name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Kizzygentle: 9:44am On May 24, 2020
Speaking in tongue is a scam. Jesus Christ never spoke in tongue to proof anything. You are only decieving yourselves acting like your speaking in tongues. Most pastors mix different languages in one sentence and claim speaking in tongues. A girl invited me to Christ embassy one day when I was in school and when I went there I was shocked at what I saw. The pastor said if u want to speak in tongues come out and he will pray for them. See d way gullible people came out and after d pastor with fried hair like oyakhilome prayed for them they were all forming speaking in tongues. I wept that day. I was hearing calabar language mixed with hausa in one sentence.

My advice is whatever is ur problem or whatever u need and u need Gods intervention, u don't need to speak in tongues. Be sincere with ur request and have a clean heart and ask God. God will grant ur request so easily.

Happy Sunday and God bless us all.

22 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Imstrong2(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2020
Above all, maintain and build your faith in God

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Ayor93(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2020
I want this experience too Lord

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by handsomeyinka(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2020
Because the holy spirit has been speaking in tongues
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Emax911: 9:45am On May 24, 2020
we need to speak in tongue because the holy spirit gives us utterance and intercedes for us... giving us power to pray for the unimaginable but not as we want but as God wants.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Generalgurus(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2020
Missyajoke:
I hope we're blessed with this short message of mine as we understand how Speaking/Praying in tongues helps in building our spiritual life.

Why do we need to speak/ pray in tongues.

The full baptism of the Holy Spirit is always evidenced by speaking in tongues. In Act 2 " 1-4
"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind and it gilled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire and it sat upon each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." What does " As the Spiri gave them utterance means" it means where he lives in the innermost part of your being- in your spir- from there rivers of living waters will flow.

Out of your spirit you'll begin to hear the voice of the Spirit giving you utterances. You'll hear it on the inside. But you have to open your mouth and speak it out. When you receive the baptism of the Holy spirit there is no need for dramatic emotion or jerking or falling down.

Some people, when they begin to speak on tongues they do not have fluency, or a large spiritual vocabulary. They are like little children when they're first learning his to speak, talking in broken words as they're learning. The constant infilling of the Spirit keeps you full of the mighty power of the Holy Spirit. Its a continual experience.

By speaking In tongues regularly, you fine - tune your spirit's awareness of the Holy Spirits indwelling presence.

Reasons for praying/ Speaking in Tongues

1. It edifies you or builds you up spiritually. Look at what Paul wrote to the Corinthians. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifies himself (1 Cor. 14:4)
2. Speaking in Tongues reminds us of the Holy Spirits residence wcorrectly ( John 14:16-17)
3. Praying in tongues helps us pray correctly (Rom.8:26-27)
4. Praying in tongues stimulates our faith. (Jude 20)
5. Praying in tongues helps to keep us from foul talk.
6. Praying in tongues bring spiritual refreshing.(John 7:38-39)
7. Speaking in tongues helps to build a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.(Rom. 8:14-16)
8. Speaking I'm tongues gives us power to be witnesses.(Acts 1: cool

Speaking what you don't know to God is very bad.. You don't even know if you are talking to God or Devil in the name of prayer, mind what you speak...
I was taught that its only the Holy Spirit that can help someone to speak in tongue, just like it happened to the Apostles..

Don't learn what you don't know!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by olaadesino(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2020
Speaking in tongues is nothing but deception. Did Jesus Christ speak in tongues and did he teaches?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Deicide: 9:47am On May 24, 2020
I don't know where Christians learn that bad habits from, it's common among most of them, speaking gibberish with pride.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by vision2050: 9:47am On May 24, 2020
came here to read comments
Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Royalfurnitures: 9:47am On May 24, 2020
Cos when we do,we communicate mysteries to God which the devil cannot understand,we also edify our body by so doing

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by dennisworld1(m): 9:48am On May 24, 2020
All those speaking in tongues nah rubbishhhhh

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by MERCHANDISER: 9:48am On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PRETEND THAT WE'RE ANIMALS, MAKING INCOMPREHENSIBLE NOISES THAT ARE ONLY PERMITTED IN CHURCH.

Religious fanatics are coming after you.Better run for your life cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? by Risingsunn: 9:48am On May 24, 2020
Buliwyf:

Every language has the same pattern. You can do a statistical sampling of the words to get their usage frequency and all human languages have the same pattern. Some words are used more frequently than others. Especially articles. Heck, even dolphins' communication patterns almost matches that of humans and that's why it's been theorised that they have language. But you charlatans speaking in tongues, same thing can be said for you. Your word usage is all over the place and usually you are just repeating the same nonsense over and over. No one can understand you. Not even yourselves.

Lastly, what's the use of your speaking in tongues? You have been speaking in tongues yet your life is not better than the average person that doesn't speak in tongues. You have no special knowledge, special insights or special abilities. You are as ordinary as the rest of us and the only thing that seems exceptional about you is your ability to delude yourself. You remind of those Christ Embassy girls in school that will meet you on the road and ask you to start speaking in tongues immediately. Then in the evening they are off to some guy's house to have the sex of their lives.
you have said it all. God bless you.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.