Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West (25401 Views)

Dino Melaye Meets PDP Delegates From Kogi Central, East And West (Photos) / What The South East And South South Are Saying About President Buhari / Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2020
DrGoodman:

Rome and Dubai.
Rome and Dubai koo

Rome and Upper Ukwa nii

Which city or state in Nigeria can measure up to greater Accra region of ordinary Ghana?

Abeg let us argue with Facts and let's not be over superficial about comparisons
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sammy07: 8:51am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
You are absolutely right

Ibadan is the biggest city in West Africa and one local igbo boy was talking about how igbos know Onisha more than ibadan cheesy

grin. grin
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sammy07: 8:51am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Rome and Dubai koo

Rome and Upper Ukwa nii

Which city or state in Nigeria can measure up to greater Accra region of ordinary Ghana?

Abeg let us argue with Facts and let's not be over superficial about comparisons

Sentiments and emotions run in their blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 8:52am On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
Oyo state is big, there are places around oke-ogun that you will spend 5-6 hours before getting.
like Ayegun when going to Opara river across the Border, they can not finish only OYO state talkless of going to Ogun state.
They would likely spend a whole month just navigating Oyo state. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
Onitsha and Nnewi is far more popular than the entire west combined
Bring out your fact,
Ibadan the biggest city in the whole of West Africa.
Ibadan the home of first things.
Ibadan the biggest city in Nigeria.
Ibadan the capital of old western region.
Ibadan the capital of Oyo state.
Ibadan the Home of Warriors.
tell me About those village too

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 8:54am On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:

Sentiments and emotions run in their blood.
I tell you bruv cheesy

Rome and Dubai comparison with Ibadan and Enugu

Oga oh

Not New York City and Dubai grin

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 8:54am On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
Bring out your fact,
Ibadan the biggest city in terms of what grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
They would likely spend a whole month just navigating Oyo state. cheesy
I tell you bro, they were using the Ancient building to judge their development.
let them go to Alalubosa Estate, Aerodrome, Achi, Oluyole, Jericho and other GRA.

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
counter it with fact dear.
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by DrGoodman: 8:58am On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
I tell you bro, they were using the Ancient building to judge their development.
let them go to Alalubosa Estate, Aerodrome, Achi, Oluyole, Jericho and other GRA.

Rome and Dubai.

That's the summary for Oyo Vs Enugu.

Can we have a comparison for Imo and Ogun?
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
Bring out your fact,
The large part of the first and second coup in Nigeria took place in Ibadan cheesy

Yakubu Gowon married in Ibadan

First university in Nigeria

Even Ngozi Iwela had her secondary school in ibadan

Need I go on

Historically ibadan is not even mate with Anambra state cheesy

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by DrGoodman: 9:03am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
The large part of the first and second coup in Nigeria took place in Ibadan cheesy

Yakubu Gowon married in Ibadan

First university in Nigeria

Even Ngozi Iwela had her secondary school in ibadan

Need I go on

Historically ibadan is not even mate with Anambra. cheesy

History is all ibadan got. That's why someone said it can best be likened to Rome.

Enugu got present and future, that's why someone likened it to Singapore or Dubai.

4 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:03am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
Shebi they don't reach you Geography in the East, you only listen radio Biafla

In terms of Landmass

https://ennovate.ng/ibadan-largest-city-in-west-africa/
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 9:04am On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
Bring out your fact,
Onitsha is known as a metropolitan city, Onitsha is known for its river port and as an economic hub for commerce, industry, and education. It hosts the Onitsha Main Market, the largest market in Africa in terms of geographical size and volume of goods. grin grin

While Nnewi is Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, grin Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country. grin Ibadan Na piking for this two powerful cities grin

4 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sammy07: 9:05am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
I tell you bruv cheesy

Rome and Dubai comparison with Ibadan and Enugu

Oga oh

Not New York City and Dubai grin

I'm out of the thread jare.

But I'm having this feeling that, that Anam.bra 1st son is cooking up something

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2020
DrGoodman:

History is all ibadan got. That's why someone said it can best be likened to Rome.

Enugu got present and future, that's why someone likened it to Dubai.
Ok Ibadan is still the third most populated city today according to 2006 Population census

University of ibadan still remains one of the best in the country

Ibadan is still home to a very diverse group and one of the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria.

Even the Sky scrapper Awolowo built in 1965 still remains the tallest building in Nigeria outside Lagos and Abuja.

Need I go on!

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by succez09(m): 9:07am On May 25, 2020
Afamed:

God bears my witness, there is no state and local government in the east you will take me to that I have not visited. They are all potopoto republic

Like dis now, u don lie
But continue
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Zeinymira(f): 9:08am On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
Bro have you guys settle on Education and Health before add my own join?
Education: you forgot to add
1 School of medical laboratory technology and midwifery Oluyoro Ibadan.
2Baptist Medical centre Saki .
3. School of Nursing UCH, Ibadan.
Health.
1 O.L.A Catholic hospital Oluyoro, Ibadan.
2 St Mary eye clinic Eleta Ibadan.
3. St Dominic Hospital, Egbeda ibadn.
4.Awojobi Medical centre ,Eruwa.
5. Baptist Teaching Hospital, Saki.
and lots more.
6. School of Nursing, Eleyele Ibadan
7. School of Midwifery, Kisi, Oyo state

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 9:10am On May 25, 2020
DrGoodman:

Rome and Dubai.

That's the summary for Oyo Vs Enugu.

Can we have a comparison for Imo and Ogun?
Imo is just like Madrid to Ogun. Ogun is a confirm Village filled with bunch of useless skull minins grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:11am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
Onitsha is known as a metropolitan city, Onitsha is known for its river port and as an economic hub for commerce, industry, and education. It hosts the Onitsha Main Market, the largest market in Africa in terms of geographical size and volume of goods. grin grin

While Nnewi is Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, grin Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country. grin Ibadan Na piking for this two powerful cities grin
@ emboldened

When I told you are village boy the other time you took offense

You forgot that the port to import Spare parts of cars in Nigeria is domicile in Lagos and a certain Lapibo is Much more bigger and easily accessible to Nigerians who are not igbos

You see why people laugh at you all the time

I thought you people referred to Aba as Japan of Africa too? grin

Sudan of Africa koo, Ekiti of America nii
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 9:15am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
@ emboldened

When I told you are village boy the other time you took offense

You forgot that the port to import Spare parts of cars in Nigeria is domicile in Lagos and a certain Lapibo is Much more bigger and easily accessible to Nigerians who are not igbos

You see why people laugh at you all the time

I thought you people referred to Aba as Japan of Africa too? grin

Sudan of Africa koo, Ekiti of America nii

This guy is a confirm Mumu. Are we comparing Onitsha with Lagos. We're comparing Onitsha with Ibadan the brown roofs republic grin Onitsha still hosted the biggest market in Africa. Which market for Afonja land fit stand Onitsha main market grin grin ekiti wey Na complete village cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by DrGoodman: 9:19am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ok Ibadan is still the third most populated city today according to 2006 Population census

University of ibadan still remains one of the best in the country

Ibadan is still home to a very diverse group and one of the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria.

Even the Sky scrapper Awolowo built in 1965 still remains the tallest building in Nigeria outside Lagos and Abuja.

Need I go on!

Ibadan skyscraper of 1965 is a historical feat that was never repeated in Ibadan or maintained.

Ibadan is all about History. Enugu is current and future.

Rome and Dubai.

7 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
This guy is a confirm Mumu. Are we comparing Onitsha with Lagos. We're comparing Onitsha with Ibadan the brown roofs republic grin Onitsha still hosted the biggest market in Africa. Which market for Afonja land fit stand Onitsha main market grin grin
If you are smart enough, you would realize I told you earlier that Onisha is only popular amongst igbos themselves not other Nigerians

We are talking about what makes Onisha more popular and unique than Ibadan and you were talking of a spare parts market in Onisha when the most popular and visited one is in Lagos and every major city in Nigeria has one

Ibadan also has a very popular Spare parts market around Gate axis in Ibadan, but I don't expect non Yorubas or does not living in Yorubaland to know about it because I am not a village boy..

You get it!
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Don't ever repeat this lie

Never ever again!
Enugu beat Oyo hands down

6 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 9:23am On May 25, 2020
Sunshineg5:
If you are smart enough, you would realize I told you earlier that Onisha is only popular amongst igbos themselves not other Nigerians

We are talking about what makes Onisha more popular and unique than Ibadan and you were talking of a spare parts market in Onisha when the most popular and visited one is in Lagos and every major city in Nigeria has one

Ibadan also has a very popular Spare parts market around Gate axis in Ibadan, but I don't expect non Yorubas or does not living in Yorubaland to know about it because I am not a village boy..

You get it!
Can I ask you a simple question please?
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2020
DrGoodman:

Ibadan skyscraper of 1965 is a historical feat that was never repeated in Ibadan or maintained.

Rome and Dubai.
Oh so Femi Johnson Glass house was built in your Backyard, Ile Aje was built in your house, Capital building was built in your area, Union bank building was built in your area.

Dude travel out of your region and I don't just mean going to Lagos and claiming you have seen every single part of the South West.

Lagos is the smallest place in the South West.
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 9:25am On May 25, 2020
DrGoodman:

Rome and Dubai.
Rome and Dubai grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
post=89935515:
Enugu beat Oyo hands down

Don't ever repeat that lie
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Sunshineg5(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
Can I ask you a simple question please?
Knock yourself out?
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:

Are you talking of Onticha or the whole Anambra?
list 10industries from Onitsha
10 Educational Institutions
and the important of River port you mention.
back it up with fact and lemme flog you
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by forgiveness: 9:30am On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:

Swears.
Roban is a store, Games is a store.
Yet these people said nah mall

Igbo man and fraud grin

He can decieve only himself. Enugu has only 2 malls.

Polo mall and Enugu Spar mall.
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 9:32am On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
This guy is a confirm Mumu. Are we comparing Onitsha with Lagos. We're comparing Onitsha with Ibadan the brown roofs republic grin Onitsha still hosted the biggest market in Africa. Which market for Afonja land fit stand Onitsha main market grin grin ekiti wey Na complete village cheesy
Be mature enough ,you don't need to call anyone mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (35) (Reply)

Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors / Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests / 2Face Mocks FG Over Plans To Spend N53.6bn To Fight Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.