Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head (49700 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / COVID-19 Crisis: Ramaphosa, Johnson-sirleaf Akinwumi Adesina's Steps / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Vatod(m): 10:38pm On May 24, 2020
Africa is now doing well they were getting scared!

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dtribeless: 10:38pm On May 24, 2020
ORIJIN201:
You insulted those guys while passing your opinions. You called one a mad person, and you called another "poverty stricken." It's not worth it. Nothing warrants that.

Look, pastor, please stay in church. I don't care and will not acquiesce. If this is what you do on this blog, you've got your work cut out.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 10:39pm On May 24, 2020
Dtribeless:

As if that means anything. African man with a black insignificant brain.
Oyinbo man with oyinbo brain . You have no clue how pathetic you sound
Go and bleach yourself so you become oyinbo.
Oponu?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 24, 2020
Obijulius:
This is going to end well.

When Trump or any of his appointees accuse you of corruption forget it, you are corrupt.

The AFDB was becoming a Chinese lackey and corruption can it be ruled.

Akinwunmi goofed on this one.

We move! No time for jokers!

Let the better man take the office!

Clown

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by MUYEEKFIRST(m): 10:40pm On May 24, 2020
gaetano:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-24/u-s-treasury-urges-independent-investigation-into-afdb-head?__twitter_impression=true
May Allah accept the just concluded fast as an act of Ibadah, may Allah accept all our supplications, Heal the world and wipe all our secret tears�� and take us to the position He has prepared and blessed ��may we witness more Ramadan Happy Eid Mubarak. From all of us @ MUYEEK EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 24, 2020
Please don't trivialize this.

One of the accusations against him is the recruitment of Nigerians including Chinelo Anohu (former PENCOM) boss.

A strong Nigerian govt would rally other African countries in support of Adesina rather than leave him to fight on his own.

This would be a great almost generational loss for Nigeria if Adesina is not reelected.

Especially because he is really competent.

flyingpig:
Yoruba amaka kiss

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by easyflex: 10:43pm On May 24, 2020
Dtribeless:

Then Nigeria should veto this request then (you will find out who has more influence). Again, you overnight American lawyers: Flynn, Roger Stone and all Trump's cronies can be pardoned as the US president deems fit. The inspector general, an official of the executive branch, serves at the pleasure of the president and can be fired. All the president needs to do is provide the senate a reason within a stipulated time. Relevant US senators are requesting this and will get it. If Adeshina has nothing to hide, let him allow an outside investigator look into this. Again, only the board of governors can vote him out. They seem on his side so he has no worries.

Thank you for acknowledging that if African countries align with Adesina (which they seem to do) then he is fine.

Just like Trump has the constitutional rights to fire the Inspectors General, the people in AfDB also has the right to vote who they want.
It's not even up for a debate

Steve Mnuchin can only rant to the press.

When Trump was screaming "America First", he never knew there would be consequences.

Other countries are beginning to occupy the vaccum he left in different global institutions with his "America First" policy and he is now just throwing Tantrum all over.

Left Paris Climate accord.
Threatening to leave WHO.
Next he would threaten to leave AfDB.
Nobody Is Indispensable.

I would also advise you not to appear condescending to people on a faceless forum.

You took a jab at me calling me an "overnight American Lawyer".

What if I am one?

Decorum and respect are virtues that great people tend to have.
You might need to work on those... Cheers

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dpharisee: 10:43pm On May 24, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Correct. Adeshina is a clean fine gentleman. We all should rally round him and protect him. This is how it should be.

But we know if it were an Igbo man,we know how you and your people would've condemned him already! We know how you people will call for him to go clear himself!

We know how you people condemned air peace boss,Onyeama, when he had a fathom allegation laid against him!

You in particular,I know how vocal you were against that Igbo official that had issues with his PhD Cotonou University program!!!!

Same thing you would have done if Adeshina was Igbo,God knows.

May God see him thru.

I get your point, Igbos are not shouting Adeshina go and clear yourself and stop propaganda as the Yoruba Muslims have done to every Igbo person accused of anything.
Igbos know the quality of Adeshina and will support him against US onslaught. He is doing a good job and we appreciate him without Sentiments

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by SIRTee15: 10:45pm On May 24, 2020
Meninmen:
"Adesina was accused by a group of unidentified whistleblowers of handing contracts to acquaintances and appointing relatives to strategic positions"

They never fail to disappoint. No matter how you work hard and please a Yoruba man in office, he will ALWAYS favour his fellow yoruba man over you.

That's the reason they Really don't see anything wrong with the nepotism Buhari exhibits everyday.

List of nigerians in afdb promoted to senior position or executive directors by adesina....
Wale Shonibare
Vincent Nmehielle
Chinelo Anohu
Chukwuma okonkwo

Now let me hear what u have to say now....
Fvcking mo.ron

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dpharisee: 10:51pm On May 24, 2020
akudn:
Please don't trivialize this.

One of the accusations against him is the recruitment of Nigerians including Chinelo Anohu (former PENCOM) boss.

A strong Nigerian govt would rally other African countries in support of Adesina rather than leave him to fight on his own.

This would be a great almost generational loss for Nigeria if Adesina is not reelected.

Especially because he is really competent.

He recruited experts with international clout who did well from GEJ regime into AfDB, Mnuchin can't manipulate them easily and is angry

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dtribeless: 10:51pm On May 24, 2020
easyflex:

Thank you for acknowledging that if African countries align with Adesina (which they seem to do) then he is fine.

Just like Trump has the constitutional rights to fire the Inspector General, the people in AfDB also has the highest to vote who they want.
It's not even up for a debate

Steve Mnuchin can only rant to the press.

When Trump was screaming "America First", he never knew there would be consequences.

China and Russia are occupying the vaccum he left I. different global institutions and he is just throwing Tantrum all over.
Left Paris Climate accord.
Threatening to leave WHO.
Next he would threaten to leave AfDB.
Nobody Is Indispensable.

I would also advise you not to appear condescending to people on a faceless forum.

You took a jab at me calling me an "overnight American Lawyer".

What if I am one?

Decorum and respect are virtues that great people tend to have.
If you want to be great, you might need to work on those... Cheers

You're everywhere now. I don't care about Trump or America's greatness or vacuum being filled or not.

You still don't get it: I could give a crap about Trump and his known nonsensical antics.

What I'm addressing is the African tendency to leap before looking. If you read the report of the Ethics committee, you're unlikely to shoot from the hip as fast as you did. Even Adesina admitted to some shenanigans but gave reasons for it. Whether that is acceptable or not, is subject to debate.

As for China filling America's space (with virus I suppose), let's see how much the world enjoys the soulless nation's style. Again, please focus on this Adesina issue. I really like him and even want him to be Nigerian president, but I want people I like to be subject to highest scrutiny. Africa needs this.

As for greatness, leave me and God, "overnight American lawyer".

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dtribeless: 10:52pm On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:

Oyino man with oyinbo brain . You have no clue how pathetic you sound
Go and bleach yourself so you become oyinbo.
Oponu?

Oponu, the black brain is on display, closest to the animal kingdom. No food, no energy. Which other race suffers the same nonsense.

Dudu ronu!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by naijaman2225(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2020
fallout87:
No one is asking the right questions.

For one the US doesn't care for the most part about African (or foreign) interest unless they want to seize control or put their man in place.

Why is this so important to Munchin? Mind you Munchin is a man who doesn't care about middle class or poor here in the US..... talk much Africans.

WELL SAID.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by CloudResident(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

There is no witch-hunt here..Adesina just like Tinubu is very corrupt and must be removed

Bros if you can't read in between the lines ...well,I give up!

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 10:56pm On May 24, 2020
Dtribeless:

Oponu, the black brain is on display, closest to the animal kingdom. No food, no energy. Which other race suffers the same nonsense.

Dudu ronu!

Sure your self loathing white brain is closest to God..

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dtribeless: 11:01pm On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:

Sure your self loathing white brain is closest to God..

You nailed it! Ose pupo!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by yetunsbay(m): 11:08pm On May 24, 2020
Coder2Client:
you follow him down
ur quoted man is down already cox he is a nobody
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by aalangel(f): 11:09pm On May 24, 2020
They should go and sit down.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by pseudaria: 11:10pm On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:

I agree but what authority does America have to call for this?

I believe this is to influence the choice of successor as he is up for renewal.

I know an IT contrac was issued to a Russian firm and also a French company ALSTOM was sanctioned.
So we must be mindful of context

It is a similar strategy to what we see with the disinformation against the Chinese with coronavirus

Just throw innuendos about.

The question is

What exactly is he alleged to have done

Just one thing exactly

You truly goofed on this one, since adesina assumed that position he has appointed mostly Nigerians to sensitive positions and the issuing of loans without recourse to laid down processes especially to African leaders who launder the money to foreign accounts is also problematic. Then giving a Russian firm contract even when Russia is not a shareholder whereas your largest non African shareholder is an enemy of Russia is politically naive. The issue of spreading disinformation against the Chinese cover-up of the coronavirus at the early stages of the pandemic is completely lost on me because the EU, Australia, New Zealand, South and central America has called for investigations into China, even Hong Kong are currently protesting against China. the WHO has been compelled to investigate China even though I do not believe in their ability to carry out an independent investigation. To be frank, I think you are the one being fed with misinformation probably from CNN#fakenews

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 11:14pm On May 24, 2020
Dpharisee:

I get your point, Igbos are not shouting Adeshina go and clear yourself and stop propaganda as the Yoruba Muslims have done to every Igbo person accused of anything.
Igbos know the quality of Adeshina and will support him against US onslaught. He is doing a good job and we appreciate him without Sentiments

Nonsense
If Adeshina is dirty he should go so don't try to psyche anyone

This is not about Adeshina
If he goes let another Nigerian replace him

We must ask
What exactly is he accused of?
The ethics committee cleared him but the US is unhappy.
It is clear that the agenda is that he does not return after his tenure expires
I do not feel strongly about that.
The suggestion that the Ethics committee is not independent is very dishonest
It is populated by political appointees of donor countries/shareholders at Executive Director level who were chosen at Presidential level.
The US representative was placed there by Trump.
The head of the Ethics committee is Japanese Executive Director and Japan is a major contributor

How then can we say such people are not independent.
Is there a monastery churning out saints somewhere that will perform this so called independent inquiry

Independent enquiries arise where there is potential conflict of interest.
Did Adeshina appoint them? Can he sack them?

My opposition is because acceding to this would undermine the bank and set a very dangerous precedent

Nigeria is a member of the World bank and IMF. Can Nigeria call for independent inquiries in those bodies?

If independent inquiries are to be a part of governance at the bank let the board write it into their rules and that would obviate the Ethics committee

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 11:18pm On May 24, 2020
pseudaria:

You truly goofed on this one, since adesina assumed that position he has appointed mostly Nigerians to sensitive positions and the issuing of loans without recourse to laid down processes especially to African leaders who launder the money to foreign accounts is also problematic. Then giving a Russian firm contract even when Russia is not a shareholder whereas your largest non African shareholder is an enemy of Russia is politically naive. The issue of spreading disinformation against the Chinese cover-up of the coronavirus at the early stages of the pandemic is completely lost on me because the EU, Australia, New Zealand, South and central America has called for investigations into China, even Hong Kong are currently protesting against China. the WHO has been compelled to investigate China even though I do not believe in their ability to carry out an independent investigation. To be frank, I think you are the one being fed with misinformation probably from CNN#fakenews
Well you can communicate without saying goofed.
Since I goofed. You have it. End of discussion. Carry go.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 11:20pm On May 24, 2020
Dtribeless:

You nailed it! Ose pupo!

Look in the mirror and preen over your white face and blue eyes
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by PureFace1(m): 11:23pm On May 24, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Correct. Adeshina is a clean fine gentleman. We all should rally round him and protect him. This is how it should be.

But we know if it were an Igbo man,we know how you and your people would've condemned him already! We know how you people will call for him to go clear himself!

We know how you people condemned air peace boss,Onyeama, when he had a fathom allegation laid against him!

You in particular,I know how vocal you were against that Igbo official that had issues with his PhD Cotonou University program!!!!

Same thing you would have done if Adeshina was Igbo,God knows.

May God see him thru.

Who is crying for your support?

Nobody need the support of any Nyamirin

Your support won't take him anywhere.

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Dtribeless: 11:24pm On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:

Look in the mirror and preenover your white face and blue eyes

Yup! Blue and shining, as opposed to brown and dumb.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by PureFace1(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2020
eduj:

sis you talk true. Adesina is an asset to Nigeria and must be protected by Our country,but it doesn't take away from the fact that if he happened to come from another ethnic group in the south, this thread would be overrun by Yoruba's loud condemnation and glee(example ,air peace vs USA, innoson vs gtb, Ngozi iwela vs the lagos-ibadan media) .
Those pals just want all goodies to themselves. Good luck to Adesina

How many Yorubas do you see crying for your support on this thread?

Would your support make him innocent if he is found guilty?

Nobody need the support of Nyamirin, Nothing will happen to Adesina if he is innocent of all the allegations

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by omonnakoda: 11:28pm On May 24, 2020
The memorandum drawn up by the AfDB’s president revisits most of the allegations brought against him, including those relating to the two awards he received between 2017 and 2019, the World Food Prize and the Sunhak Peace Prize.

The whistle-blowers criticised him for not having given the prize money ($750,000) to the bank, as the bank had covered both his travel expenses and those of the large delegation that accompanied him.

Adesina maintains that he “donated the money from the two awards to help create the World Hunger Fighters Foundation” and that “the president’s children and their spouses in attendance at the events paid their own way, rather than the bank”. Lastly, he explains that “AfDB staff did not attend these events because the president was the recipient of the World Food Prize, but because the bank was promoting the launch of its Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) programme during these events”.Adesina also brings up the controversy over Martin Fregene, maintaining that the employee, hired in May 2017, i.e., barely two years after the Nigerian was elected to head the AfDB, is not his brother-in-law, contrary to the assertion of the whistle-blowers.

https://www.theafricareport.com/27758/afdb-whats-in-the-confidential-report-exonerating-adesina/

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Obijulius: 11:29pm On May 24, 2020
Live you too!

Stay safe!

Reinaldo:

You will be put to shame, clown
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Obijulius: 11:29pm On May 24, 2020
Stay safe bro!

GeorgeTheCoder:

You rush to comment and still say rubbish. Not surprising as your intelligence can bbe judged by the fact that you admire Trump
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Stanbaba30: 11:41pm On May 24, 2020
Obijulius:

When Trump or any of his appointees accuse you of corruption forget it, you are corrupt.

Wondering whose your better man..? People just hate the wrong guys. Be proud of who makes your institutions proud.

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by One4me: 11:46pm On May 24, 2020
Obijulius:

You see?
The poster is one of the reasons Africans cant ever be independent and will always be slave to the West.
Let us not even dabble into whether Adesina was guilty or exonerated, let me ask: Can any African Treasury Secretary or Minister intervene or interfere in thwat goes on in America? Can an American Minister disagree with the Probe that exonerated Trump and his cronies of interfering in the 2015 election? Canan African President disgaree and reverse Trump's sacking of those "Five Inspector Generals' whose job is to ensure that the Executive Arm (Trump) does not violate ethics or play according to the rules?

Yet here is an American Treasury Secretary trying to reverse the decision of an "Afrcian DEVELOPMENT Bank" that has no connection whatsoever to America?
And you are jubilating like the ignorant slave with the I.Q of a dolt, over what your 'master thinks'?
Why are some Africans so slow, like this
?

Does it not occur to you or anyone for that matter that this INTERFERENCE is just another attempt for the bullying Trump Govt to muzzle Afrcians and their post-covid developments into submission?
AFDB is an independent and wholly african bank, it is not funded by the U.S treasury so what is their business, if a properly constituted panel investigated and found their President NOT GUILTY as alleged?
The man has provided good, irrefutable evidence in his own defense, what else does America want?
To America, he MUST be guilty, by hook or crook and prevented from winning a second term.

This shows any sensible African that these Americans are as much our enemies and any percieved Chinese negative influence in Africa.

America has identified this man, Adesina as one of the prodigies driving African renaissance and they would do anything, just anything to destroy him, like they did to Ghadaffi, when he was champeioning the need for Africa to unite and stop using the Dollar to to trade, among other things.

I am not suprised we have people like this poster as Nigerians, people who look down on themselves and will lick any smelly hole, as far as it is that of a white man.
Shame on you Bro.

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 24, 2020
SIRTee15:

List of nigerians in afdb promoted to senior position or executive directors by adesina....
Wale Shonibare
Vincent Nmehielle
Chinelo Anohu
Chukwuma okonkwo

Now let me hear what u have to say now....
Fvcking mo.ron

Dunce, that is still nepotism at play at international level. Internationally, he is favoring Nigerians over other Africans.

But in Nigeria, your people favour your own people over other tribes in Nigeria. It's a well know fact all over Nigeria and I have had personal experiences.

If you like hit your head on the wall, it's a statement of fact!

Dimwit!

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head by moneyisgood6or9: 11:50pm On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:

Not sure what you mean by independent

If there is a problem at any business it is the shareholders who decide how to sort it out not the public.

As a shareholder the US had their say but not their way

If there is a problem in Microsoft they sort it out INTERNALLY
The board is there at Afdb to REPRESENT shareholders

Is the US ON THE BOARD?

I am all for an investigation but on this I think we need to stand up to the US .
Buhari has already spoken on the matter.

The timing of this is calculated to stop his return

If an independent inquiry is started now when will it end?
His tenure is almost over.
supposed he was indicted abinitio wolud they have recommended a second investigation. Those whites are too domineering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Omoyele Sowore To Lead Protest In Abuja On November 18th / PDP Bus Going To Convention In Accident Along Abak (photos) / EFCC Seals Hotel Owned By Shuaibu Salisu

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85