Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? (44195 Views)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Mypeople2(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.
So how old is your sister and what is her salary? I am asking because she needs to contribute to the finance ...30k + your sister's salary will go a long way
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by oshaosha2014(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2020
Hahaha... don’t mind them. They’ll come to social media forming voltron meanwhile they do the opposite in their house. if the lay can’t marry him in his family house let her look for already made guy and marry. Live doesn’t deal with all of us in the same way. We all can’t be at the same level at the same time.

Sotland:
I'v seen not one or two guys who got married while they were in the parents houses even live there for many lives before they moved out but today, there millionaires. So since when as it become a crime for struggling guys to get married?

This platform is full of people with hypocritical nature.. Olorun ma je..

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 7:38pm On May 26, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Ok ma.

Note to self = Download Casting Crown mp3 and mp4.

Coolio! cool

Download "Who am I" by Casting crown
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by oshaosha2014(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2020
Exactly. I don’t really see the fuss about this whole issue. She should leave the guy and look for the one that lives alone.

simplexvi:
u think paying house rent with 30k npower is easy? oga d guy no get much earning to rent a house jare, is either she marry d guy and de put heads together and get sometn done or stop frustrating the guy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
Marriage is not a Philanthropist-Beneficiary relationship!!

It is not a 'Poverty alleviation program'!!

She should get a job and continue with her loving partner!!

If it is easy to choose a rich husband, no woman will be broke by now undecided

Leave the couple alone!!!

Isn't it you who usually chastise young men seeking to start a family early with little funds?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Isn't it you who usually chastise young men seeking to start a family early with little funds?
That's not true!!
I just don't want a jobless lady to start a family expecting his husband to tick all the boxes!!! undecided

Men are also part of this economy!! shocked
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 26, 2020
A woman would marry whoever the fuk she desires.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2020
Come to Lagos where a room self contain is at a minimum of 300k and where flats go for at least 500k while earning average pay.

You think Archimedes was stupid when he said

"if I have seen farther than my peers, it's because I'm standing on the shoulders of giants'

Staying with his parents for now is a big head start, but many of you in this damn country are too myopic to see the big picture.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Sahnkhinhg: 8:06pm On May 26, 2020
Quite funny I lived in my parents house till my wedding day,wifey never had an issue with me staying with my parents after we both agreed we wouldn't marry into the house but into our own rented apartment,I think the man should be given the benefit of the doubt if he has proven to be trustworthy and reliable in time pasts.
Note:I don't subscribe to a man marrying into his parents house.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by lorenzos1: 8:09pm On May 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:
Bro, how do you explain the part of the bible where abraham told his senior servant to look for a wife for his son and come with her. Did his son leave Abraham's house?

Leave does not necessarily mean relocate.

I don't know what else leave means to you. But leave means leave okay. Abraham was very great, He was the father of many nations, I am not a bible scholar but that goes to show he was wealthy and probably had a lot of property. It's not advisable for any couple to live with their parents, you can discuss this with older and more experienced people around you for insights.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ebymyk(m): 8:12pm On May 26, 2020
Acmepreneur:
Yes I can
I don't look at the present but the future. If he's a man of zeal, hardworking, intelligent, with dreams and ambitions, why not. So far he wouldn't marry me in his father's house and I can clearly see he's working towards his goals and life ambitions.

I believe in working together to achieve great things in life.

For those quoting me, you should know that I love success and breakthrough, I won't look twice an idiot doing N-power and instead of strategising and working towards a bigger thing going to churches to pray ''I will make it in Jesus Name, like Otedola''. In fact, I might slap him the day he feels like wooing me.

I have one Alfa like that disturbing me, I just dey pray make he no talk to me when my brain is hotting, he teaches in nursery & Primary school and his only achievement is that his father is a professor and he has two mansions. Just because I try not to discriminate who I converse with, he has been coming close towards something like that.
To those sending mail to me, I laugh in Swahili, I don't engage with unintelligent minds. Thanks
The likes and shares for this account don pass my other account o, even followers. It shows the quality of NLdrs, they prefer gibberish, and t talks...
than where I actually teach them lots of things, one single like like this, I no get for the other account. Continue ehn
I just wonder wetin she really want..
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplepee(f): 8:15pm On May 26, 2020
Westernlove:

Hmmm so that you will be doing shawn michael on him abi lol. Always easier said than done....
I only said 'we CAN' not 'we WILL'. I wouldn't even date a man who still stays with his parents. Forward ever, backward never dooorh cool
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 26, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Come to Lagos where a room self contain is at a minimum of 300k and where flats go for at least 500k while earning average pay.

You think Archimedes was stupid when he said

"if I have seen farther than my peers, it's because I'm standing on the shoulders of giants'

Staying with his parents for now is a big head start, but many of you in this damn country are too myopic to see the big picture.

You are very right!!! cool
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2020
nazablossom:
With this information,she better think twice. It is going to be difficult for her to cope with this kind of arrangement even if she's an angel.
It's either the guy gets his own apartment or nothing. A word is enough for the wise.
Exactly..I'm a guy and I like guys to get their own apartment before wedding no matter how big their house is
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Proudlytips: 8:24pm On May 26, 2020
No
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by fredie107(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2020
Dangerously Dangerous...... Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be clinged to his wife..... Does that ring a bell
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2020
okine4real:
Someday,I will write about how I got married to Nairalanders. When I wanted to get married, I still leaved in the house I grew up. Its a two bed room flat, Dad was late, two of mine sisters where married, but mine mum, mine sister and mine brother was still around. I told mine wife I wanted to still stay in the family house, the house was very cheap, so I told her,let's stay here and use the opportunity to save, build our own house and accomplish things. She agreed,I must say the truth, it was hell for her, but I thank God, she loved me more than she even loved herself. She endured with me, when I say it was hell, I mean it was hell for her, I remember there was a time mine younger sister called her Ashawo, they fight most times, even mine wife and mine mum had the same issues, but she loved me so so much. I will always beg her, talk to her and we would move on. Today I have built a two story building for her, atleast yearly she gets a rent of atleat 3M yearly. I also built another one that has 25units of room and parlor self contain for her. I also have another 10units of room and parlor self contain that I also built for her. We still leave in the same family house even as am tying this message. But now my mum has moved out and the house has being given too me. We leave very happy, when we look back when we started dating and where we are now, we just laugh. The funny thing is, the house we get 3M rent yearly was built in the area we grew up. We both grew up in the same area, so people seems to be surprise that we where able to build such a house despite they know our levels when we started.I was wearing a very tattered shirt and trouser daily.I used to eat beans 30Naira and yam 20Naira. Am only saying this, just for the readers to know that, the way a man starts might not depict how he would end.

Back too OP, everybody has to write there own destiny. Your sister might move in with him and along the line, things will fall in place for the better or get worst.one weapon that will see them through this journey is, if the guy loves your sister dearly. For me mine marriage would have ended if not that I love mine wife. Family members would try and say bad things about your sister to her husband,but if her husband loves her, he would know they are only trying to manipulate him. Even till date mine brother tells mine wife jokeinly that they know she has washed something for me to eat. They tell mine wife that, that place she went to get her powers from that they also know the place. Each time mine wife tells me, I just wave it off because I know what they are trying to do.

Moving in with him in the family house mine favour them and it might not. But I must tell you, its not going to be easy... Am telling you from experience, if your sister wear fine JUDGE, hope I got the spelling right, the husbands mother would be eyeing her, because the husbands mum know the cost of the JUDGE, So she would be saying your sister is eating there sons money. I will end it here and I will tell you guys also how I married mine wife and how we spent 70k for our traditional wedding in the village. Am talking of confirm wedding ohh in 2012. Now we have three kids, we all very happy. I will write about it here very soon. I just want Nairalander guys to know that, there are still good women out there, so don't be scared of getting married. Also I know marry Village babe ohh, I marry confirm IGBORO BABE. Know be babe when know know what's up ohh, in terms of relationship, she was more advance than me 10 times but things just work out because we both agreed to let things work.

Cheers
Nice one but change your mine to my
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 26, 2020
Why can't he get a place of his own before the marriage? This one be like mama/papa when de tell e pikin say, 'de run, I go carry you'. Na so d pikin go run till Dem reach house.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by SexytorresE(f): 8:40pm On May 26, 2020
How does managing dad business, N.power beneficiary and staying with family a big deal? If he was to be son of a high profile man in Nigeria u wouldn’t have brought this here undecided do me a favor and .... here lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Emotionss: 8:46pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
VickyRotex:

Coolio! cool

Download "Who am I" by Casting crown

Ok ma
Hope you know you are know officially my nairaland lady ?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 8:49pm On May 26, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Ok ma
Hope you know you are know officially my nairaland lady ?

Ahh I didn't know sir. Please define the title. undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by sule17(m): 9:09pm On May 26, 2020
SORRY TO SAY THIS. HOW MANY OF US CAN PAY HOUSE RENT? SOME OF ARE STILL LIVING WITH OUR MUM IN THE VILLAGE. MY SISTER BUT U HAVE SEX WITH HIM WHILE U KNOW HE IS LIVING WITH HIS PARENT.... U LOOSE IF U QUIT. REMEMBER U DNT KNOW WHO THE NEXT PERSON WILL BE
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Makschinchin: 9:35pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

tell your sista to give the dude this simple reply:" when you relocate and get your own place, i will marry you"

Relocating and getting his own place doesn't equals to happy marriage o undecided

Some live with their husband in his family house and are living well while some are not..

Some live away with their husband and are living well while some are not..

This life we are living in does not have one route/destiny for all sha

Las las, 70% of commenters here are either unmarried or in an unserious relationship sad sad What do I know

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Makschinchin: 9:40pm On May 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

Exactement! Exactly! cool No matter how accommodating the family is, in the later run arifin ma wo.

The sister needs to decide what she wants, there's only little the op can do for her.

And you think staying away is an end to issues?? My dear, issues may come up whether living in the family house or away... As it seems best for both couple, let them so live o jare
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Makschinchin: 9:44pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuse to listen, let her beg them.

No condition is permaaaaaaaaaaaaanent na grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 9:47pm On May 26, 2020
Makschinchin:

And you think staying away is an end to issues?? My dear, issues may come up whether living in the family house or away... As it seems best for both couple, let them so live o jare

In bold: you don finish am. They can both decide what's best for them.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Makschinchin: 9:48pm On May 26, 2020
Ijeleigbo:
My wife's eldest brother lives in their family house with the mum. He got married and brought his wife to their family's house. He's doing business and earning but not interested in moving out of the house to rent his own apartment!
Everything still boils down to the lady! Marriage is sacrifice!! Does she want to live with her man in their family house? Does she want to live with a man who earns 30k monthly? Does she truly love him and want to share his sufferings and pains with him? If she's ready to sacrifice all that then let her be!! No marriage is a bed of roses!!! So long there's peace of mind, happiness and love, God will surely bless the marriage.

Want to earn free bitcoins? Visit my signature!

Well said. It all boils down to understanding between the wife and the husband's family.. Some people are problematic on their own whether wife, parents, siblings.. Just pray that in such scenario, you don't live with such or pray God gives you the grace to live at peace with such

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Makschinchin: 9:49pm On May 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

In bold: you don finish am. They can both decide what's best for them.

Abi my sister

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Skoolface01: 10:07pm On May 26, 2020
To the lady's, how about she's just to live with the mum and a younger female cousin who's more like a sister? .. I need answers please
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Emotionss: 10:16pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
VickyRotex:

Meaning you are now my Nairaland female friend.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Emotionss: 10:18pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
VickyRotex:

My one and only female friend in this forum. Believe me it's a big deal for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / What Can I Do About This / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.