Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? (44191 Views)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Trimque2k1(m): 3:01pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.
No matter the advice you might get here, trust me your sister will still follow her heart

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Yankee101: 3:01pm On May 26, 2020
A family on Npower salary?

Mba
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by mrkings84(m): 3:01pm On May 26, 2020
Yes, if they are first or last son!!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplexvi: 3:01pm On May 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

Mr., you have your choice, the same way others have theirs. There's no fight there. Preferences differ. If this is non-negotiable for anyone, then they should leave!
renting a house is not what 30k monthly can do or even raising a young family, the girl should help since she's to concerned about the guy leaving d family house.. she shouldn't allow her choice frustrate the guy in the near future
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by praiseneo(m): 3:02pm On May 26, 2020
Pls anyone with good heart should just bless me with 1k only..im a pianist in my church on salary and a music teacher but I've not been working for months now due to pandemic, the little buying and selling I do isn't moving fine now due to these whole pandemic. Pls I'm not a lazy type ND I'm not greedy... The frustration is just too much pls I just need 1k to buy noodles at home to manage till I can look for money to get proper food stuff pls help a friend. I'll acknowledge the helper here. Thanks. 2144490778 UBA Praise

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by TIGER1001: 3:02pm On May 26, 2020
Everything boils down to what's fits the couple. I have a cousin whose father is rich and he is the only son . He and his wife stay in the family house. He also has businesses and works one of highest paying parastals. They have a child and it's working for them.The family love that communal life.So, it all depends on the plan and future plans of the couples.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ukeleh: 3:02pm On May 26, 2020
If the husband has his apartment in the family house fine, living in the same room with mother in-law is the one that is not too good.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.
i’m sure the guy voted Buhari
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by oyeb15: 3:03pm On May 26, 2020
Such a man is not yet ready for marriage. The frustration of d overbearing iya oko go nearly kill d lady.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Itch4action: 3:03pm On May 26, 2020
malcom1X:
Family house is different from living with the parents, we don't know how the family house looks like but if it can accommodate your sister then no problem.

She is part of the family once she gets married to the guy.

Tell your sister to stop putting pressure on the guy.
Or leave the relationship or at the very least contribute money and pay for a house so they can move out.

Thank u brother. I think thia is the wisest of all the suggestions made here. We least know the nature of the family house, and if it can accommodate them, it's gud they live there pending the time they become financially bouyant to relocate. Life is one step after another. Gradually they will get there.No one becomes a billionaire overnight. All she needs is to exercise patience and show love with the guy.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ojuu4u(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
BanjiRaymond:

Don't bring Bible words into this, because it brings different meaning to words to everyone in each country. A Christian(male) in the USA at age 17 gets married while it doesn't happen here. Bible shouldn't tell a man how to live his life. Let everyone does what works for them. Life has no rules

Sit down in ur dad"s house and let him feed u, ur wife and children. Mummy"s puppet.

Am very sure you lack comprehension, how you passed WAEC we all know, a 17 yrs old that marries in any where in the world will be called Mr ........ Such a person is man.

I tink I do enough justice to your comprehension dysfunction now.
Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

tell your sista to give the dude this simple reply:" when you relocate and get your own place, i will marry you"
so it's wrong to marry a. Man that lives in his father's house but right to marry a woman in her father's house

Deluded humans everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

But it's true na. How can he be so visionless at age 35
What if he has visions but has not been able to achieve them?
He didn't just wish to be where he is too. He's a graduate, if you could provide a better job for him he would appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by luvyaself95(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2020
nairavsdollars:
That one na curse ooo no matter how wealthy the family is?
What do you mean that it is a curse.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Babymamas(f): 3:05pm On May 26, 2020
I have nothing to say
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by averagejoee: 3:05pm On May 26, 2020
Yes, it depends on so many factors,
1. If the guy in question is the serious type business savvy and ambitious
2. If it is a different apartment within the same compound yes it is possible,
The reason I said to the above is because it happened to me, I stay in the same compound with my wife and kids and my parents but different apartment, though I have built apartment for rent and currently building where I would stay by the grace of God

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplexvi: 3:06pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
How then would he take care of her?
Sentiment aside, if she's below his standard, she should. If she's on the same level with him, she wouldn't even be thinking of considering such.

A man under another man's roof is not a man.
my dad lived in his dads house and built his house, so frgt m,

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:06pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
so it's wrong to marry a. Man that lives in his father's house but right to marry a woman in her father's house

Deluded humans everywhere

get your mind out of the gutter....when a man marries a woman who lives in her father's house, the minute they are married, SHE MOVES TO HER HUSBAND'S HOUSE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Heavensent01(m): 3:06pm On May 26, 2020
[s]
Ishilove:

But it's true na. How can he be so visionless at age 35
[/s]

life is unpredictable. many hustle hard than their peers but grace didn't found them on time

it's not our hustle that bless us abundant but rather Grace breath on some people hustle but that never make others NFA

the girl that want the man to leave his parent house, is she staying alone? why the double standard. how much will she use to support the man to get a new apartment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by adecz: 3:07pm On May 26, 2020
Husbands are too scarce ohhh,

manage any condition, so long as
no be mad man, herdsman, or ritualisti;

One day, one day, una go get una own
place.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by damiclem(m): 3:07pm On May 26, 2020
Ladies should stop mounting pressure on guys abeg. Will she add money for the guy to rent a house. Marriage is all about sacrifices. If na big house abeg marry go there and with time God go open doors and the guy go get his own place.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by blesskewe(f): 3:07pm On May 26, 2020
I definitely can't......
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Munzy14(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuses to listen, let her beg them.
Ladies and gentlemen avoid online judges like this one...

No one does that from one sided story...or hear say like the op heard and said.

@ savvy12 I pity the said suitor...seems he is going for a liability on top poor income.

some guys can be akpa-amu...smh

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 26, 2020
TIGER1001:
Everything boils down to what's fits the couple. I have a cousin whose father is rich and he is the only son . He and his wife stay in the family house. He also has businesses and works one of highest paying parastals. They have a child and it's working for them.The family love that communal life.So, it all depends on the plan and future plans of the couples.

You cef, can't you read what the op wrote and know that what you described doesn't correspond with what op wrote.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuses to listen, let her beg them.
What if she loves the guy?? It is her choice!!!
Stop telling adults what to do. She sees a lot of potentials in him!! Never interfere.. undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Glink2018(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2020
Op some family houses are more comfortable than some thatched house which some of these guys are living in....

As far as there are boundaries and they are not troublemaker family....

If I'm a lady, I prefer to live in a three-bedroom en-suite apartment in husband family house than to be living in one dangerous area like ikorodu, oworonsoki, egbeda, ogijo etc....do not forget the guy's income is still poor being a beneficiary of N-power project. You don't expect him to give what he doesn't have.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by lorenzos1: 3:09pm On May 26, 2020
Do not try it. You will regret you life. He should marry you when he has his own place. Man should leave his parents and cling to his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Smile4mee01: 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
Hmnnn...

I think this is why some girl might never get married.

5 years from now, you see this same guy has moved on , had his family and doing well , you wish you married him. By then she will be in Shilih crying to God to bless her with a Man.

Ladies discard good men because they dont see the future, they even dont ask more important questions like... Whats your 5 yr goal ? how would you raise our son/daughter? Have you got plans to improve yourself to be a better man ? how can i help with that ?

Instead, they bother about how huge their wedding is?, how many cows they killed ? is their wedding gown Instagram lit ? are my friends jealous ?

Lets not forget in the olden days, our mothers went to live with the fmilies of thier husband... when did it become a prerequisite to marrying ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Advancedman(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

tell your sista to give the dude this simple reply:" when you relocate and get your own place, i will marry you"

Let me digress a bit.
Even if he get a place and relocate it still won't be marriage because the real issue here is a very stupid perspective in relationship.
I mean there is no him in this matter it should their resolve in their plan as couple not as an individual.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by adesaeed2020: 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
what's the lady bringing to the table. we all blame men when it comes to this type of issues but what about the lady?

1) what is your sister doing currently? I guess she's also jobless because you never mentioned anything about her occupation.
2) whats her own plan for the future to support the family, if they eventually marry themselves.

My childhood friend married in his father's house, today he has built 2 houses. the truth is when others where paying for exorbitant house rents, he was using his own salary to build house. so free the guy.
I suspect you just want your sister to marry a very rich guy. Mind you all that glitters is not gold.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
OsuMustGo:

Fake love and strong dick must have blinded or blocked her brains.

THE FACT IS, YOU CAN NEVER TELL THE AUTHENTICITY OF TRUE LOVE A POOR MAN HAS FOR YOU.

Money changes things.

If you want to know the true colour of a guy, date a guy that's okay or rich.
Poor guys pretend a lot with time and fake promises they give these girls...
She has a true love for the guy!!
Leave them alone!!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:12pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

get your mind out of the gutter....when a man marries a woman who lives in her father's house, the minute they are married, SHE MOVES TO HER HUSBAND'S HOUSE!!!

What if the man has plans to relocate once they get married

You sound like a hypnotized man to me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / What Can I Do About This / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.