Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor (68539 Views)

Share Your Lockdown Most Embarrassing Moments / Why You Shouldn’t Wait Till You’re Sick To See The Doctor / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 05, 2020
drsibz66:

Someone has already said he is not a doctor. That already explains his grandious delusion regarding medical issues
I have let him be. Attimes these people are the ones who make Drs look arrogant cos the moment a Dr has to to defend his profession in public it makes him look like he is being proud simply because he refuses to accept inferior or faulty knowledge from people who know less.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by snowblaq(f): 7:07am On Jun 05, 2020
TaminaliaCatapa:
Do you know the types of illness shameful to report? Those ones that has to do with your Gynae. OMG! When the doctor have to ask you the last time you had sex; or when the doctor have to ask you the nature of symptoms around your genitals.

This note goes to Nigerian doctors: Nurses and other paramedics have no business in the room when you’re interviewing your patient. Kindly respect the Hippocratic Oath. Thank you!

My experience:
It was a cool Sunday evening at my gf’s house, she had visitors in the inner room which made it quite impossible to have a rumple with her. It’s been a while I gave her the banana due to the fact that I’ve been out of town for a while.

She knows I go for what I want. I’ve been waiting for a moment to put her down to no avail. After a while left to use the restroom. I joined her immediately and carried her on the wash hand basin. Dropped her pants and panties and flung her legs on a 180 degrees.

***The Problem***
The following day I peed and the tip of my penis was very eeeeeeewwww. The pain was sharp and immediately remembered the thick wetness. Chai, temi bami! I don’t have multiple partners and though I can’t trust any woman, but I can say she knows I’m alpha and will never try rubbish with me.

Being a person who doesn’t play with sexual health, I have a son already but I still wanna have more. Hence any threat means I land in the gynae’s office immediately.

I reached the doctors and I already assumed I have gonorrhea. The doctor (a lady) asked when last I lamba’d, it was a really shameful one. I responded “yesterday”.

Here comes the banger, she told me to draw down my shorts and boxers. Haaaaaa. The doctor is a quadragenarian by my calculation, nice skin, nice teeth set and all that; so, if you’re not impotent, your dick must obey the clarion call of the beagle.

One fvçked up psychology about the male genital is that the more you resist, the more it gets mad. I drew my boxers and my thing was vibrating in synchronicity with my every heart beat. My third leg shamed me.

She checked the tip (saw some tiny blisters) and was like “NO, you’re fine, you probably had a rough one with your gf”. I was not convinced and asked her to proceed with the test.

Guess what?

The test came back NEGATIVE for all!

Nairalanders come share ur own
A gynea is a doctor that specializes in the female reproductive tract. So the doctor you saw wasn't a gynea. Since you aren't a female

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by sylve11: 7:11am On Jun 05, 2020
BCJAY:
. What do I gain by lying that was what actually happened. The hospital one is in ONIPANU LAGOS the second one is at IKOTUN LAGOS also, what will I gain by lying

Was just joking though. But it is okay, wink cool
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Joshater(m): 7:13am On Jun 05, 2020
greatbrian:
Mine was when I was younger. Class 4 boy or so. I was sick and since my mum happened to be a nurse I dnt get treated by two people than my mum even when we weren't sick, she will just tell us we've been opened to mosquito bite and bingo. Chloroquine injection will do the trick. talk more of when one of us was sick. that goes by me saying we hardly fall sick grin. I was in a military secondary school and feeling so sick. And I hated MRS since it makes you weak and lost it, so I waited till break. And I do stay with my mums friend who happened to be a nurse and work in shika zaria people go sabi am. Since my family was in south west and I school in zaria. my mum called her friend who happened to be a matron. They had conversations and next thing she came to pick me from school after we collect pass and drove me to her house. She had this daughter I was crushing on and they always tease me am the girls hubby which I do like in a way wink. Fast forward, na so she drive me go hospital and we see doctor. Bla bla bla I went for test and 2 hours later, doctor said some stuffs to her. Oboy I sha see the woman dey look me somehow and when we got home she wasnt so opened to me. Well like an hour later my mum called and was like I have STD. I dnt even know what STD means. The woman's hubby na pastor and a man I respect na so him call me where this my crush dey oo. Dey ask me question about my sex life. The girl dey look up etc. I sha was shocked coz I dnt even have any fantasy about sex at that age infact I never got to have sex till of recent (20s) and that's the first and last time since its not worth it to me. I told the man I dnt know what his talking about and am just feeling very sick and weak. Well he told me my diagnosis came out as STD and I really disappointed my mum and everyone. I just start dey shiver. The man was like he knows what it feels like to be in the military and he knows I will mix with diff kids. Well since I maintained my innocence mum came over 2 days later and her friend was like we should try a private hospital etc and see the depth of the STD. Na so we go all the way to kaduna from zaria enter one private hospital. I came out negative and tested high to typhoid and a serious case of malaria parasite. Infact the doctor advised I be placed under serious antibiotics drip asap.

Mum hugged me and apologised for doubting my innocence and mums friend took the test back to shika to show that dicyir that misdiagnosed me. It was really embarrassing than I could write.
Ex

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Joshater(m): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Hotguy27:
Mine was not really embarrassing as per say. In fact, the nurses rather embarrassed themselves.

It was back then when I just finished secondary school and I was waiting for admission into university. I was about 20 years old already.

One Sunday morning, after the church service I was feeling pain at the lower part of my abdomen. When I informed my mum, she quickly suggested that we should go to the hospital immediately to check whether it was appendicitis since our neighbour just died of the problem the previous week due to late treatment of the ailment.

On getting to the hospital, the doctor after checking me asked whether I had eaten food and I answered NO. He immediately booked me for surgery...Aaahh!!!!

I was asked to move to where I would be shaved. I sighted about 4 pretty female nurses on duties. They could not hide their desires to be the one to shave me. They were glaringly dragging who would do that

Eventually, the tallest of them won the battle and quickly took over me. She took me to a room and asked me to pull off my clothes. I was startled! I was very fresh and cute. I had already started doing something but I wasn't a bad boy though. Well, I removed my clothes and started praying rosary in my mind to take off my mind from what was happening. I was lying down on a desk while she was doing the shaving. She kept holding my p*nis stylishly in a manner that would cause it to erect. I intensified my prayers until she finished.

In the operating room, I didn't know where about 8 nurses, all young, entered from. Luckily, the doctor asked some of them out leaving about 3. I continued with my prayers until I lost consciousness. Two of the nurses took extra care of me while I was in admission for a week in the hospital.

This dodo wey you dey fry sha...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by queenitee(f): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

Ok ok I see what you're all saying on this thread.
I see the logic.
Cultural differences I guess

Cos the question "when last did you have sex"? Is very intimate and borderline offensive.

Never had such a question and honestly I'd answer it with another question.

You're saying the patient will actually open up?
I thought they'd shy away.

"Could you be pregnant"? And "are you sexually active" sound less intrusive for a nigerian

I'm telling you they would open up, because they feel when last did you have sex means you have accepted they have been having sec and so won't judge them, but asking are you sexually active means you don't know or you are not sure and it's embarrassing for them to actually come out(especially if the doctor is very much older.)

You are one of the few who thinks "are you sexually active?" sounds less intrusive, many don't. Maybe because the culture/society had made sex sound like something that must not be mentioned.(Notice how most parents would shy away from discussing sex with their kids and even if they would, they'd look away from their kids or use other words for it? Most often than not, kids first learn about sex outside their homes.)

But like you said, cultural difference. I've only worked in Yoruba lands and it is what works here, it might be a different thing entirely in other tribes. But the thing for a medical practitioner is when you get to somewhere, you observe and watch the way they do things there, you don't just start working on your own with the methods/ways you brought from another place.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by drsibz66(m): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2020
JUICYPINEAPPLE:

No doctor, I repeat no doctor who truely knows his or her job will ask such 'FOOLISH' question as to verify if a patient is 2 or 3 months pregnant. NO DOCTOR!!! Except all these half baked medical practitioners parading themselves as doctors.

When diagnosing a patient exhibiting STD symptoms sex related questions are a professional ethical questions.

ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD!

Only on nairaland that u see a mechanic teaching engineer physics. Life is really a mirage.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by thundafire: 7:36am On Jun 05, 2020
omoharry:
My own was when I went to a health center for my cervical screening in 2012.Meehn ! That procedure is very very invasive for a woman. When I got there , I met male and female Doctor .If she was a nurse I didn't know . I just observed that they both wore white coat .
The most embarrassing moment was when I was ask to UnCloth ( though with a medical coat to cover me up) I was then made to open my legs apart like a pregnant woman that is about to give birth.Afterward, an instrument was inserted in my cervix to open me up ..Then the lady called on the male doctor to take the swap and probably assess my cervix . God I burning with shame and prayed for the whole process to be over as soon as possible . I was very uncomfortable and felt exposed .
Though male the Doctor was professional but I didn't like the fact that he had to see me in that state. Naked and open.
Ladies that have done cervical screening will know what I am talking about .Its very very embarrassing
so u think u wouldn't open legs,or u were expecting questions and answers session

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by lovelyn1186: 7:40am On Jun 05, 2020
OK
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by KingAzubuike(f): 7:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
most male doctors are pervert.One of the fool wanted to rape my girlfriend in his phamarcist when examining her,he told her to close her eyes and when she opened her eyes he was already removing his belt.she pushed him hard and he fell.she ran away from his office.most doctors are pervert,abi is it one foolish doctor that told my female friend to masturbate and cum in his presence before he give her drug to put in her vagina for infection.i specifically called him and told him I wud deal with him physically,he had to beg on fone and tried confusing me,I told him I my elder sis is a doc and they told me what he did is bad.if u see the way I threaten the fool.hin voice dey shake for fone because if I take the matter up,I wud av arrested him most doctors are prevert, I repeat once again.
Illiterates like dominusprime won't see this.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by ArticleBeast: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2020
DammyLucy:
I've never had such encounter with any doctor...
I sell Comprehensive video course on hundreds of skills u can master within a short time and starts earning millions... E.g dropshipping, copywriting, data science e.t.c. What'sapp 2348'064 9432,97
Why don't you watch the video, master one of the skills and make millions? It is like selling 10 ways to be a millionaire in traffic.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by NewDelhi(m): 7:51am On Jun 05, 2020
Many of them do certain things without minding your privacy or comfortability. I've once been to a private hospital , I complained of severe stomach ache and the doctor asked me to strip naked. The horrible part is that she was a young doctor, a young girl I can call my junior sister or even toast if I see outside grin. If na old woman now I for even bone eye strip. But a young girl haba I know she's doing her job but this one no follow at all. I just excused myself and went home. I entered a Jedi shop across my street, told iya lukman my predicament and she gave me a cocktail of God knows what inside a white nylon. Few hours later my sanity was restored and I was made whole. I no spend pass reach #100

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by DorianD(m): 7:51am On Jun 05, 2020
A doctor once knucked my head for not staying steady(according to him)...I went for a refraction test
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by chubby98: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2020
EdEdEddy:
Asked if i was a virgin right in front of my parents, i just said no, we both knew i was not saying the truth.
Later told him the truth sha.
Doctors most times don't ask such personal/confidential questions in the presence of your relatives. They wait until the coast is clear or they ask your relatives to leave at some points in the discussion.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by oxiide22(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
please who knows how I can remove this "there is no other God but Allah " in my profile..

since they had salah that I went to wish them.. people are taking me for a Muslim.

seun abeg
grin
Sunisonflex39:
please who knows how I can remove this "there is no other God but Allah " in my profile..

since they had salah that I went to wish them.. people are taking me for a Muslim.

seun abeg
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Illiterates like dominusprime won't see this.
I've seen it. These things happen. I've said it b4 that I am not too proud to admit that some Drs are bad. Of course the poster has exaggerated by saying most.
Now admit your own ignorance and stupidity. Or better still don't bother. You have lost the intellectual battle of whether Drs can ask patients about sexual history even if the presenting complaint is not related and have now decided to switch to nonsensical arguments like these just to hide your ignorance and to prevent you from admitting your folly. You can't run away from the fact that you are empty headed as regards medical practice. Stop bringing up all these irrelevant issues to try and make you look like you have sense. You are doing more harm than good to your image and intellect. 1sharon has left you alone to your stupidity and has towed the part of intellectual discuss and reasoning and she has been enlightened. This isnt pride from me. I will never challenge an accountant or an Engineer on things concerning their fields which I know nothing about. I have your time today. Bring more of your daftness for proper analysis.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Roon9(m): 8:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

seun abeg

Who send u
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by chubby98: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2020
chii8:
During the time of my first pregnancy, I was quite embarrassed having to pull my clothes up for a stranger(doctor), with time, I got over it.
You are right, it might be embarrassing. The solution to it is proper patient counselling(politely explaining to the patient what you want to do, the need for that and reassuring him/her that privacy and dignity will be maintained as much as possible), followed by informed consent.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2020
klbakare:

I could literally smell that poop over here. grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Remembered the last time I visited hospital
Sometime last year
I had a virginal inflammation
A male doctor attended to me,when he asked me to pull down my panties for some checkups
I was like huh undecided
Sha, after some minutes of interview and scoulding
I pulled it down and laid down,he spread my legs apart.
That guy had to insert his four fingers inside my vagina and asked if it hurts.
I groaned in pains and Immediately get up and wore my clothes,I left him there
I hated his guts
I still see him around Sha
And i the worst of it is that I feel ashamed whenever I see him

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Drizzy5001(m): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

seun abeg
grin grin e no go comot
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by johnmattew: 9:01am On Jun 05, 2020
skimena:
I went to the hospital when I was sick. after the medical checkup, I was told I will have to take some drugs through injection. and I'm d type that is very scared of injection. as d doctor bend his head to give me the injection in my buttocks, I just fart on his face mistakingly or out of fear. I was embarrassed. I felt so ashamed of myself.
occupational hazard
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Drizzy5001(m): 9:04am On Jun 05, 2020
This thread go sweet, na this type of thread I dey like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by izzyboi(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
DominusPrime:

They are dental students...lol...that's why the MDCN has the D. If not it would just have been Medical Council of Nigeria.
Lol, okay
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by chubby98: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol so how does sex relate with malaria ? Stop displaying your stupidity. Some of us aren't doctors but we passed through the four walls of medical school.
He is not stupid and I will prove it.

1.Malaria presents with constitutional symptoms (symptoms that are also seen in many other disease conditions e.g acute pelvic inflammatory disease-sexually transmitted) therefore, it requires a detailed history taking(including sexual and reproductive history)from a doctor to exclude other conditions that can cause fever, headache, joint ache etc as seen in malaria

2. A 25year old son of a profile man was admitted at a hospital in Lagos with history of fever, headache and vomiting. As usual, diagnosis of malaria and typhoid was made and he was commenced on finest antimalaria and typhoid medications however, the symptoms persisted after 5days. He was subsequently referred to a more sophisticated hospital where he was found to be a homosexual with anorectal abscess (a condition primarily caused by injury to the anus and rectum during anal sex). The abscess was drained and the fever stopped.
He never volunteered the information but it took a more detailed history and examination by a doctor to make the appropriate diagnosis.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by crazyjean: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2020
cheesy cheesy grin cry cheesy ;oboy,I remembered December 2019,I was sick,having serious fever,and I think around September, I bleeped 3 different girls,one was my best friend on campus,we were so close, so during exam period,she passed the night at my crib so we bleeped, the other was my gf,and one was a random girl like that,I was using a condom and boom,the condom tore,so I was at risk, I was scared,so I visited the hospital to run a test,HIV and general test,including hepatitis, and funny it was a young fine female doctor,she asked me some funny questions and I explained everything that I bleeped three girls without a condom and she was speechless and says,so,u no dey fear sickness abi,I laugh and told her my love for ladies with big ass is just my problem, after conducting test,me and one guy were waiting for our result, she gave the guy a handshake and congratulate him,while I was still shivering,and instead of her to answer me,she was greeting another doctor, saying something to him,at that moment,oboy,tears begin flow,I tel my self say,something has finally killed a man,naso she laugh handed me the result,and say, if u like continue dey Bleep,no use condom,oboy all my result came back negative, it was malaria and typhoid,omo,that experience alone ehn,kai,big nyash no go kill person o.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Fariq: 10:20am On Jun 05, 2020
DominusPrime:

Let me start this way. There is a reason these hospitals are called 'teaching hospitals' and everywhere around the world they are licensed to teach students the art of Medicine. Now our lecturers and lecturers before them were taught the same way. Medicine is such that there is no other way to teach students clinicals without exposing them to real patients.

As for asking you to leave that usually is at the discretion of the Consultant in charge. Personally I have never witnessed a patient asked to leave for refusal. At the same time I have never seen a patient who asked for privacy in a public teaching hospital. To the best of my knowledge they already know and are prepared before coming to see the Dr. That is not to say that it doesn't happen. If it does and a consultant sends out the patient nobody will query him for wrongdoing as the laws establishing the hospital permits such teaching. So yes they have the authority to send out the patient but most of the time I see them explaining and appealing to the patient who ends up agreeing.

This is not to say that every patient is examined with students. If for example they have being shown what a cancerous breast looks like already, subsequent patients will not be subjected to student examination unless it is necessary again.

I have once being a patient in a teaching hospital and truth be told I wasnt comfortable but then I couldn't help it as I understood it was the norm.
Now answer this question: knowing that it isnt comfortable for any patient and patients are given the exclusive right to decline examination by students how would they or the Dr that is examining you as a patient learn the examination he is about to perform. Imagine you are about to go for a life saving surgery and previously all patients declined the use of them fr learning or examination. By the time the Drs retire or die how will the students know how to perform that surgery?

I was once a medical student before we have some hitches with accreditation. I know it's necessary for students to learn by seeing things on a live human. As I stated earlier in the previous post, it's my personal thing as many patients are comfortable.

But I don't believe it's a do or die I affair. I believe consultant can ask the students to leave as there are many patients that can be done with.

My brother once decline being treated by medical student at teaching hospital and the doctor did not object that. (Note: the matter is not one requiring to check privacy).
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by oridency(m): 10:26am On Jun 05, 2020
The most embarassing moment of my Iife in hospital was d day I had liitle malaria and my mum took me to one hospital in Sapele to get injection. Thou i was still small nd i think that was my first day to b injected. I was full with fear. Chai! The moment the nurse take d injection nd put it inside my yansh.... Na fart I release straight up fr her mouth����
Those nurses wan laugh me die���

A day I can never forget

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Drizzy5001:
grin grin e no go comot
I Don die
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Roon9:

Who send u
chai muna epp me
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Fariq:

I was once a medical student before we have some hitches with accreditation. I know it's necessary for students to learn by seeing things on a live human. As I stated earlier in the previous post, it's my personal thing as many patients are comfortable.

But I don't believe it's a do or die I affair. I believe consultant can ask the students to leave as there are many patients that can be done with.

My brother once decline being treated by medical student at teaching hospital and the doctor did not object that. (Note: the matter is not one requiring to check privacy).
Yes. As I said it's not mandatory and more often than not patients oblige. If you insist the Dr can ask the students to leave. It's not compulsory or a law that patients should be subjected to examination by students.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

HIV Activist Trolls Man She Allegedly Had Unprotected Sex With (Photos) / Photos From Kwata Abattoir, Anambra. How Much Do We Know About The Meat We Eat ? / Lady Who Transitioned To Male Is Now De-transitioning To Female, Regrets Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.