Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor (68378 Views)

Share Your Lockdown Most Embarrassing Moments / Why You Shouldn’t Wait Till You’re Sick To See The Doctor / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Aitypoje: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
In 2012, I was a corp member then I had some mild pains on my lower abdomen and went to the teaching hospital to see the medical experts. After series of tests and interrogations I was referred to Gynea ward. The gynecologist told me he'll need to insert his finger in me and there were abt 10 medical students viewers. At the end he couldn't ascertain what was wrong and had to book another appointment. Mehn I was so embarrassed at the end that I refused to continue the process and rather bore the pains. It was 3 years later when luckily I delivered through CS that the doctor discovered a tumor/growth in my womb and that's how the pains ended.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
it is well. Look at the other one talking about motoscrotosis.

Nigerians never cease to dissapoint when displaying ignorance and entitled mentality, except maybe 1sharon, the others had this aggressive tone.

It's tiring abeg. Maybe doctors should open a thread on silly things patients do. Wishful thinking tho.

Thanks sis smiley

Lol, half the posters here were trolls and ppl kept falling for it grin

I burst out laughing when I saw that motoscrotosis was completely made up,

nothing came out on google.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
grammarnazi2:

...comments...

...knew it, Mrs.
...seemed like a...

...motoscrotosis, I...
...for...
In fact...
...right was...

A...asked...

You have a new follower. Keep it up. cheesy
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
DammyLucy:
I've never had such encounter with any doctor...
I sell Comprehensive video course on hundreds of skills u can master within a short time and starts earning millions... E.g dropshipping, copywriting, data science e.t.c. What'sapp 2348'064 9432,97

Spambot must die grin
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
No embarrassing moment sha

The only one when i be experienced na my sister cause am.
I nor know the kind of fever way she sick that period
A very deadly fever o
Me just lodge for hotel dey huzzle normal
When my cousin call me say my mummy dey cry.
I asked wetin happen. She say them rush one of my female siblings go hospital and now doctor say her blood nor dey respond say make them carry her go irrua hospital after ekpoma

O boy. Na so i quickly run down find Moto way go carry us go irrua that night
This one when i dey talk so na around 9pm in the night
I reach irrua around 11pm
O boy blood dey come out from her nose
Which kind fever be this na

Them admit her...

Imagine from that night till the next day morning by 1pm all those nurses and doctors continue to dey collect blood samples for testing. And still them never come up with wetin dey do her. Different nurses and doctors come dey collect samples of blood from her body as if say them dey drill oil. No treatment nothing nothing. Just different student nurses and doctors collecting blood samples all the time

As a real niggarrr me don dey vex small small but i nor know how i go take display my anger. And you know girls can't talk. Am the one to talk because am the only male child. We are six. Five female sibling.

I just walk out of the hospital go one store when dey the community go drink five bottles of Heineken

After the five bottles i come high and that Dutch courage come enter my body
Immediately na im i return back to the hospital

O boy na later in the evening of that day after my eye don clear
Them my sisters come dey laugh me dey tell me say i turn the whole hospital upside down

Say i nearly fight with the doctor
Say i block the entrance. No going out and no coming in
Say the doctor must attend to my sister...

I come dey shame that day ehnnnn. All through out our stay in that hospital for one week plus
The nurses were always laughing and reminding me of that incident
It was embarrassing sha but funny enough my anger display worked because immediately them come carry her go the appropriate place within the hospital and commence treatment. It was then we realized it was lassa fever

Damnnnnn! I spend almost two hundred thousand naira

Hospital is very scary at night and quiet sha
And people are dying there. Anybody way dey house and healthy should thank God

1. I'm glad you sister survived lassa fever

2. Your sister probably got attended to at the appropriate time.

3. You really embarrassed yourself. Thanks for sharing
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
FuckHomophobes:
I had a boner whilst being examied by this very cute doctor with his nerdy spectacles. Chai some doctors can be so handsome o

I was actually imagining myself doing had things with him and the worst happened. Well I believe he knew what's up.
Wait, what?!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
please who knows how I can remove this "there is no other God but Allah " in my profile..

since they had salah that I went to wish them.. people are taking me for a Muslim.

seun abeg

Allahu arkbar muthafucker grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
SirMichael1:
I've helped you remove it.

How did you get this power?
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by mignone(f): 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Protein0:
Most
Not all plus it may be some kind of inferiority complex from those dealing with the doctors who tagged as being full of themselves.
I know what I'm talking about, nothing abt what sm ppl who feel inferior to them are saying. It's good u understand I said most, though things are changing over time with fresh blood who are down to earth in d profession.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by alphaNomega: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Protein0:

Care to shed more light on the quoted pls?

MrEgghead:
He's a member of JOHESU...They still claim they passed through medical school.

Or he failed out of medical school at some point
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by mignone(f): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
BadmanKiller:
It's an everyday struggle. Injecting myself like 2, 3 to 4 times everyday. Even the drug is expensive and I've not been able to go to school because of this. No money to do business I want to venture to
That's d problem with such conditions; to each his own. Have u tried natural/alternative therapies? Hope u find ur healing soon.
Keep praying &remain hopeful. My thoughts&prayers are with u.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by mignone(f): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
DominusPrime:

Let me start this way. There is a reason these hospitals are called 'teaching hospitals' and everywhere around the world they are licensed to teach students the art of Medicine. Now our lecturers and lecturers before them were taught the same way. Medicine is such that there is no other way to teach students clinicals without exposing them to real patients.

By the time the Drs retire or die how will the students know how to perform that surgery?

- the fact remains that most nigerians aren't made or allowed to know their rights, reasons for most or all of what we have to go through with the thoughts of it being d norm.
Doctors in nigeria like to be regarded as demi-gods when u go for consultation, nt until they find out that u really know what u're doing bf they calm down wif u.
They're hardly patient with their patients; they jst want to rush all d process &prescribe drugs even when there shd av been alternatives.
U see doctors here arguing with or resisting being guided by a knowledgable patient who knows his/her body more
- even if patients get to know that they av an option of permitting med students or not, not all will decline
- also, all humans are fallible but docs hardly ever own up to their mistakes. They always find a way to defend themselves, esp when d said mistake is found out by another hospital medical staff.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by mignone(f): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
most male doctors are pervert.One of the fool wanted to rape my girlfriend in his phamarcist when examining her,he told her to close her eyes and when she opened her eyes he was already removing his belt.she pushed him hard and he fell.she ran away from his office.most doctors are pervert,abi is it one foolish doctor that told my female friend to masturbate and cum in his presence before he give her drug to put in her vagina for infection.i specifically called him and told him I wud deal with him physically,he had to beg on fone and tried confusing me,I told him I my elder sis is a doc and they told me what he did is bad.if u see the way I threaten the fool.hin voice dey shake for fone because if I take the matter up,I wud av arrested him most doctors are prevert, I repeat once again.
There cld be sm misunderstanding in d latter case. Maybe she needed sm lubrication to aid d passage of d drug to be administered.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by greatbrian(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Joshater:

Ex

Is that clear
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
mignone:

Permission can be taken in saner environments & u can even politely request dt certain ppl don't touch u.

It's true, in saner countries the things I'm reading here won't happen. Nigerian patients have really been done dirty.

Women being asked to strip in front of men

Men being asked to strip in front of women

Patients in pain being rough handled

Rude nurses
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by drnoel: 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Most Nigerian doctors are perverts. They ask all sorts of silly questions that aren't related to your ailment. It has even gone as far as medical students on ward round , postings or clerking in teaching hospitals. Small boys wey never grow hair for prick will begin to ask you the last time you had sex before they diagnose you with typhoid or malaria. It's worse if you visit a teaching hospital. You might be used for live practicals in front of medical students during ward rounds or osce exams. If you have a knowledge of the medical profession, you'd easily understand. Later in the day, you begin to hear medical students and even interns gisting about their experience in O/G ward round , female medical etc.
A doctor will diagnose you with malaria and when it's time to prescribe a drug,
We know certain drugs or administration aren't suitable for pregnant people but instead of the male doctor to simply ask if you're pregnant, he'll rather be asking for the last time you had sex and if you're clean shaven down there grin

It's part of the clerking. It's required to exhaust all questions. Bear with them.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by mignone(f): 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

It's true, in saner countries the things I'm reading here won't happen. Nigerian patients have really been done dirty.

Women being asked to strip in front of men

Men being asked to strip in front of women

Patients in pain being rough handled

Rude nurses
My sister, u can say that again and again.
Hmmm...it's in Nigeria dt a woman in labour pains will be slapped for not cooperating.

I was once taken to a govt hospital after an accident &d attendant kept insisting dt I'd not stated what I wanted frm d hospital.

After scaling dt hurdle, d doc said I cldnt av had any fractures &remained as I was.

Finally to get medications, I was asked to go upstairs (with obviously painful pelvis) for injection as d nurse cldnt come downstairs to meet me. I gently asked dem to keep their meds bf they found anoda way ...

I had an idea from relatives who are med practitioners,movies,ppl's experiences, etc. how normally patients shd be treated but I was amazed myself when I experienced better medical care.

Yes, d situation in d country is a factor bt you'll just know a professional who is passionate about his job despite his substandard working condition.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by BadmanKiller: 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Natural therapies for Type 1 Diabetes is a suicide mission. I almost died when I relied on them
mignone:

That's d problem with such conditions; to each his own. Have u tried natural/alternative therapies? Hope u find ur healing soon.
Keep praying &remain hopeful. My thoughts&prayers are with u.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by JentuPrinz(m): 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Me was when i went for HIV Test.So one nurse took my sample and told me dat someone is coming to meet me to ask me some questions.

Later one young lady sat at my front,she introduced herself and started lecturing me about all dis viruses while i waits for d result.She was just asking me some mumu questions.."do u av a gf?..wen last did u had sex?"I don already dey vex.

Na so i tell her i'm not ready for all dis,just tell me d result.She dey make me fear already...Na for 9ja movie i dey watch all dis..So later i sha get d result.
You don't wanna knw d outcome..
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by romeorailss: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
skimena:
I went to the hospital when I was sick. after the medical checkup, I was told I will have to take some drugs through injection. and I'm d type that is very scared of injection. as d doctor bend his head to give me the injection in my buttocks, I just fart on his face mistakingly or out of fear. I was embarrassed. I felt so ashamed of myself.
cheesy grin

What did he do ?
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Protein0: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
mignone:

I know what I'm talking about, nothing abt what sm ppl who feel inferior to them are saying. It's good u understand I said most, though things are changing over time with fresh blood who are down to earth in d profession.
Are you a nurse or a pharmacist?
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by sakssey23: 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
JentuPrinz:
Me was when i went for HIV Test.So one nurse took my sample and told me dat someone is coming to meet me to ask me some questions.

Later one young lady sat at my front,she introduced herself and started lecturing me about all dis viruses while i waits for d result.She was just asking me some mumu questions.."do u av a gf?..wen last did u had sex?"I don already dey vex.

Na so i tell her i'm not ready for all dis,just tell me d result.She dey make me fear already...Na for 9ja movie i dey watch all dis..So later i sha get d result.
You don't wanna knw d outcome..

Bro! Na part of counseling. In order to help you mentally.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by SoliBayNG: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
kebliss:
We went for medicals at the company's hospital, the female Doctor in charge call us all (male) one after the other inside her office, she will tell you to pull down your pants exposing your genital and then ask you to cough out loudly.
Was just wondering how that have to do with our pants down

You were bent over, exposing your anus, init? it's standard procedure.....especially when signing up for the army...for example.....exposes pile, could be for hernia too.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by mignone(f): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Protein0:

Are you a nurse or a pharmacist?
None sir
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by skimena: 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
When he was true he said" if I wasn't a professional, things like this can make the needle of injection to break in your buttocks. don't try it next time. " I said I'm sorry sir.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by skimena: 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
When he was true he said" if I wasn't a professional things like this can make the needle of injection to break in your buttocks. don't try it next time. " I said I'm sorry sir.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by 1Sharon(f): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Emma1Oj:
I was done with mine so the doc was trying to write/prescribe drugs for me, so it was her turn to be attended to before the doc was distracted wit somtin else and asked me to wait and said to her "remove your top n bra and climb der"n he walked out. wen he came back like 1min later n found her still on her top, he just say " my dear go out n com wen u r ready n call d next person"so she jus remove sharp sharp. she no con send again..she con relax. fine girl o..I suffer dat day..but docs r trying o..

Couldn't they ask you to leave the room while she does her xray ? They shouldn't even expose you again to those harmful rays
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Emma1Oj(m): 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
1Sharon:

Couldn't they ask you to leave the room while she does her xray ? They shouldn't even expose you again to those harmful rays
Lol..!! u really crack me. leave to where na..?wen doc was not done with me..it was at general hospital o..most pple prefer general bcus its govt hospital, 93% of der doc r very sound and qualified. so if u misbehave with your chance wen u finally c doc n dey send u out u will v to wait o...bcus d next person will neva want to give you chance to go in again. "expose me to harmful ray" u funny o..beside I believed she felt relax wen she looked at me n c I'm the cool type.. we follow reach b/s where she took brt. but I suffer sha..hope u get d suffering I'm talking abt.
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
ODJ123:
this thread go long..... lemme Wait for others to comment
na truth you talk o. 16 pages
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by EricBraven: 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
I think alot of us need to understand that the medical sector in Nigeria is experiencing brain drain,which implies that there are more patient to a medical practitioner than the usual,they also have to spend more than the usual time.
So the stress compounds on them causing some of them to throw away medical ethics and tends to be rude
Please bear with them
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by schurley(m): 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
showafrica:

That benzyl benzoate na savior to man kind. It is the only thing that cures scabies completely and surprisingly its produced in Nigeria. I was so proud if Yoruba when i saw the state it was produced. Scabies can make you scratch like a mad man. Funny thing, it does not affect erect-on. Infact you are likely to have more erect*on and urge. So i am not surprised when the woman felt the anger of your mamba, i doubt she no smile. Bc nothing sweet women like a standing prick no matter how ugly it is. E dey give them butterflies.

I tell you bro, that thing saved me of depression last year, my scabies lasted for over six month

Plus_not aware the stuff is made in Nigeria
Re: Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor by Jaelluiz: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol so how does sex relate with malaria ? Stop displaying your stupidity. Some of us aren't doctors but we passed through the four walls of medical school.

Do you not know that the symptoms of seroconversion can mimick malaria and many other illnesses? Be guided!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

When You Eat Too Much Salt...read This / Photos From Kwata Abattoir, Anambra. How Much Do We Know About The Meat We Eat ? / HIV Activist Trolls Man She Allegedly Had Unprotected Sex With (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.