Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? (31830 Views)

Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Killonp: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Yes
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Plot of land not for sale !!!

Bar man Abeg help me with one chilled gulder.. long overdue banter cool
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Lorazepam(f): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
There are some connections, friendships and exposures you gain in the university that you may not be able to gain anywhere else, so I will advise you go. Going to university and starting a business are not mutually exclusive, and both can be done successfully together.

10 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Zetty177x: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
University gives you knowledge and exposure. What you get is priceless

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by ayomide8990(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by IvarDboneless: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Yes it's worth it after having an investment...in Nigeria going to the university should not be for the sake of job hunting afterwards but for the knowledge one tends to acquire to add to whatever profession you have chosen in life and not the other way round...

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Absolutely if you know what you are doing, but a lot of you want to work for someone, and not build on what you have learned in the University

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by BRAINTORMS(m): 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
School is Good

Hustling is better

School + Hustling is the best

If you most go to school , Make sure you study a Professional Course, And in the process learn Hustling Skills.

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Frankyboy1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
My brother! If you wan hear the truth I go yarn you, it ain't worth it in a way anymore, except you have the finances to pull through, but always have a backup plan or vocation along the way, i

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by kingxsamz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
ODJ123:
op going to school is worth it ooo.
let no one Deceive you.
it gives you an ego,and this feel I can't explain.
maybe whenever people start looking down on you
you will understand better..

So a graduate without a job will look down on a non graduate who's wealthy and satisfied with life?
If your main priority of education is to feel among so that people don't look down on you, then I don't know what to tell you.

15 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by flokii: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Zetty177x:
University gives you knowledge and exposure. What you is priceless

In Nigeria, public universities give exposure with knowledge unlike the glorified secondary schools we have around where year 1 (100L) student can punish or order final year students around.
Talk of "adult babies".
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Renegade23: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
These days....we don't just go to the University for just education....you meet new people and build solid connections for your future....
You can still graduate kwa and go into business too , which is the best idea for me.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Onlinefarmstore: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good to school like your life depends on it....
Hussle like you never went to school,

check me in Instagram and Facebook to Understand why you need to go to school..... engineering student with more than enough farm lands yet still in school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by crown08(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think you go to school to mix up with fresh minds n open up your sense to reality not for getting jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Of course, yes it is. At least to help pursue scholarship opportunities and later on jobs/citizenship in better climes.

Depends on what you intend to achieve with your life

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by onecrate: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Going to school is important especially in this country obsessed with degrees and certificates.Your value and respect as a graduate goes up a notch. People will always look for opportunities to mock you. Except you are sure you will end up rich, baba go to school. Moreover if you are business inclined, you can still run your business and school together.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
Guy is no longer worth it oooo

But e good make u sha get the kpali keep for corner
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
I would advise you to know what you want first, my advise, determine your strength, what are you good at, are you good in science or arts, what are you passionate about, then do what you are good at naturally, and later decide if you want to go to school to research on what you do outside school, that way you are passionate about what you do, and school will add value to what you do outside school, is time we stop going to school to get Job in a government agency, rather go to school to boost your creativity.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Evii: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
If you think education is expensive why not try ignorance. It worth it sir.

Knowledge is the secrete for sustainable empowerment that leads to unlimited achievement, therefore investment in knowledge is the gateway to a happy future. You might not get a job at the moment but one day you'll break even.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by klef05: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
As I saw your post I wanted to say ....my friend you better go to school and get a degree....but I looked at the situation of Nigeria and I tell you....if you must go to school learn a handwork or skills(ICT preferably)...cause nigeria now is a failed state(not sorry to say)...the country has no plan for the youths ...so my niggarrrrrh in slownir voice get a degree if you can but also a learn a handwork..if you doubt just take a walk to CBD in Lagos and see thousands of graduates looking for non available jobs....my guy be guided ...Jesus said use your head....

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by skyfather09(m): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
flokii:
Good question.. there are thousands of jobless graduates from Covenant Uni, Babcock. and co. even after paying hundreds of millions to get their certificates.

But then, education still remains the best legacy.
three of my friends attended these schools you mentioned, guess what Bruh?? they painters now!!

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Etinosa1234: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
Simple advice ...go to school...learn a skill(ICT)

when u graduate...u won't need to look for a job cause ur skills will speak for u

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by quinnboy: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
Guy!....It's not fucking worth it. Obviously you can read and write which means you can express yourself. Education is pretty much a waste of time in this generation...I just learn a skill and nobody will ask for your academic qualifications to ask for your services.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Worksunlimited: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Eddykul:
With the increased costs of going to the university, i am just wondering whether it is worth it any more. Stories about graduates struggling to find employment and with more and more alternative routes being developed, is it still worth getting a degree?

Is it true that there are so many graduates these days that employers are now looking for work experience?

Nowadays, it is the people that didn't not go through the university that are employing graduates. #FACT

Graduates are no more getting jobs like before when university was university, after spending so much time, spending money just to learn, you later come back to square one in becoming a business owner. #FACT

Most people are getting jobs on what they didn't even read in school just to earn a living.

Nowadays work that human beings are supposed to do, it being done by robots..

I am thinking of collecting my five years tution fees and also school hostel rent fee and course materials money from my parent to start up a business.

Is going to the university worth it anymore?

University is more than getting a certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by pretyval: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
My advice is, pick up a skill you are interested in say Tailoring for instance. Learn everything there is to learn in it with very little money and then go to a fashion school maybe abroad and learn too... the result in 4years will be amazing... life itself is a school and the experience gathered is the education. But remember to enroll for professional business classes when you can...

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by 1mansquard: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
What's wise about that?
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by flokii: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
Good to school like your life depends on it....
Hussle like you never went to school,

check me in Instagram and Facebook to Understand why you need to go to school..... engineering student with more than enough farm lands yet still in school

Simply put.. shoot for the moon, if you miss you'd land amongst the stars.

Education makes one refined and "disease" free.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by danielbello(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
I don't think so
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by VivaDeAngelo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Now hear this from a man that has seen it all - Go into a business and enroll in National Open University. That will be the best decision you can ever make for your life.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by timibare(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
If u sabi book wella....it's really worth it, but lemme ask you which business do u really wanna start in Nigeria with ur 4yr school fees

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Yungmil: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Listing carefully- Nigeria got independence in 1995 and became a Republican in 2002 alongside Cameroon at Noon of that fateful day. So I think football is a game of passion played in the ring by two or three boxers. that's the settled matter for now.

Next post please? we are making progress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d / 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.