Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? (31882 Views)

Strike: What Is Going On In AAU? - Omawunmi Asks / Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? / Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Onnasucs1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Baba go to school oooo. Even if you don't get a job, people will give you ears when they hear that you're a graduate.

Start a side hustle while in school. School should be your plan B, so that if things go south tomorrow, you'll have a certificate to fall back to.

Never put your eggs in one basket. This world dey anyhow oooo

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Geminvert(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Here's my advice for you;go to school,be a part of it, it's an institution that really adds to your experience as a human being.

while you're at it, try to do something for yourself to get a job or earn money,you might start small,but don't want to wait till you've graduated before you start working or earning.

Think bigger than everyone else, school pressure is harsh,but learn to overcome it

Learn to know your way around handling certain things easily,in a Nigerian university.
Goodluck!!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by justmi1: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Going to university is very important and non negotiable, more importantly while you study in university learn to be an entrepreneur, it is always better to be an exposed educated business person.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Nickymichy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
Go to university and study course dat u know you can practice after ur graduation... don't receive your with all ds so called lucrative courses...my brother they are useless in this country.... meanwhile u can still learn handwork too to compliment ur schooling...God bless us all
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Ten06(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
Bros, being uneducated these days is just like living in Nigeria all through your life. You will be suffering and smiling, and you will be thinking that you are enjoying. The percentage of uneducated people making it in Nigeria is very very low, so don't ever think that uneducated people are making money. I beg look for a way to get a degree first before any other thing. Life of insult is not worth living

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by ikorodureporta: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
That's where you will meet the largest collection of the brightest humans. Besides, you boost yr confidence level by acquiring d certificate...

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by SocialJustice: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
FlordFlorez:
The issue in Nigeria is that, so many graduates are ready to create jobs but NO government backing.
Create job where? The average Nigerian is a crook and not worth helping. Whoever is serious about creating jobs should start on their own. When they start making money from that business, they don't even need government support, there are so many institutions that give grants, loans and equity financing.

Op, do not delude yourself. Please endeavour to go to school and get educated before you open yourself to discrimination you will regret for the rest of your life.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by cmecproblem(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
University graduates are still the top earners. But I know so many vocational experts who are multi millionaires. Plumbers, roofing experts, interior designers, tailors... get a Diploma in a vocational field at least.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
Education is not only in school, in fact, Education starts at home, let me explain some children start at an early age at home to play various musical instruments, but Some naturally are also drawn to painting, some naturally repair electronics, while some invent gadget right from childhood.

Some Children have great mimicking tendencies, where they copy what they have seen, and through that, they discovered a natural talent, and under the guidance of an adult, have shaped their gift, an example is that painter child in Lagos, who drew a portrait of Macron.

Other examples are Children making VFX effect, in their movies, and it was like professional work.

What I am saying is it is important you first discover what you want to achieve, not because of money, but because it's your natural talent, which gives you joy.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by MztaIkp(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
If your parents have the whole money tied up somewhere, go ahead and collect it.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by paix(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hypocrit:
I taught enlightenment was cheap and easy, and also less important (that is, if it was important at all) until i went to university.
Thought.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Dante444: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
I advise you to start a business. When you are fully established, go for distant learning like Unilag DLI or National Open University of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by PHijo(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
In most cases, no!
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Of course yes!
Even traders in onitsha go to unizik for part time programmes.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by PHIPEX(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Go to school if you can, if you can't establish yourself in Business and start a part-time school. There is no standard formula for success in life.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Muttyqueen(f): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
Na the matter we still dey settle for my family o.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by captianfreeman(m): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
I can't read your story, but if you know what good for you, go to school.

Being educated is Worth it any day any time.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
ODJ123:
op going to school is worth it ooo.
let no one Deceive you.
it gives you an ego,and this feel I can't explain.
maybe whenever people start looking down on you
you will understand better..

Use that ego go yarn or talk to Buhari, oshiomole,MC oluomo, etc anyhow

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by oyejideogunjumo: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
YES YES YES.EDUCATION IS LIFE.EVEN IF YOU ARE SELLING PEPPER OR FIRE WOOD WITH EDUCATION IT WL BE DIFFERENT

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by DontBullshitMe: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
Yeah. Strictly for professional courses such as MBBS, BDS, Elect Elect, Law, Accountancy.

The rest : Arts/Humanities and Basic, Biological and environmental sciences are time wasting ventures.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Yungmil: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
ODJ123:
op going to school is worth it ooo. let no one Deceive you. it gives you an ego,and this feel I can't explain. maybe whenever people start looking down on you you will understand better..
you are a mumu man. Your mumu too much
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Yungmil: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
Dante444:
I advise you to start a business. When you are fully established, go for distant learning like Unilag DLI or National Open University of Nigeria.
You are doing well

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by olawale005(m): 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Please start Ankara business...

later you will understand the statement "if education is Expensive try ignorance"

Eddykul:
With the increased costs of going to the university, i am just wondering whether it is worth it any more. Stories about graduates struggling to find employment and with more and more alternative routes being developed, is it still worth getting a degree?

Is it true that there are so many graduates these days that employers are now looking for work experience?

Nowadays, it is the people that didn't not go through the university that are employing graduates. #FACT

Graduates are no more getting jobs like before when university was university, after spending so much time, spending money just to learn, you later come back to square one in becoming a business owner. #FACT

Most people are getting jobs on what they didn't even read in school just to earn a living.

Nowadays work that human beings are supposed to do, it being done by robots..

I am thinking of collecting my five years tution fees and also school hostel rent fee and course materials money from my parent to start up a business.

Is going to the university worth it anymore?
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by ramifickolade: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Never quit. when you finish you still have time to plan... Talking about planning, you need good money. You can start forsage and become a big guy in few months.. message me 0.8.1.1.8.0.3.6.5.7.8. I will put you through
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
It's worth it pls. The certificate would be useful later in future( if not today) . Remember no government or institution would reckon with or consider someone without a certificate for any political office or appointment. 2face is rich today but there's a limit his riches and fame could take him in an academic or learned society. Why do you think most of our celebrities are now going back to school? For a degree? If you can afford a private university, before you say, jack, you're done. I'd always appreciate God for my level of education because it has taken me far beyond my imaginations in life. You can imagine an African guy, the son of a peasant farmer for that matter, dining with American president. Even dangote as rich as he is, had to run to Egypt to earn a degree. Ifeanyi Uba wouldn't have been a senator without furthering his education after he had made the money. It's always very good to make hay while the sun is still shining . money can't take you where education would.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by deltateam: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Eddykul:
With the increased costs of going to the university, i am just wondering whether it is worth it any more. Stories about graduates struggling to find employment and with more and more alternative routes being developed, is it still worth getting a degree?

Is it true that there are so many graduates these days that employers are now looking for work experience?

Nowadays, it is the people that didn't not go through the university that are employing graduates. #FACT

Graduates are no more getting jobs like before when university was university, after spending so much time, spending money just to learn, you later come back to square one in becoming a business owner. #FACT

Most people are getting jobs on what they didn't even read in school just to earn a living.

Nowadays work that human beings are supposed to do, it being done by robots..

I am thinking of collecting my five years tution fees and also school hostel rent fee and course materials money from my parent to start up a business.

Is going to the university worth it anymore?

Seems most people are jobless now, otherwise how could this thread have come about?

I'm waiting for another jobless person to post counter thread.

Bushmeat and ingredients.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Stillthebest: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
shocked

Education is always worth it. Quality education will always shake off poverty of the Mind. Money isn't always the measure for success. And material poverty isnt the real poverty but poverty of the Mind.

University education is always the best if you have the resources and attend a better one!

But by and large, you can be successful in whatever you do without the university education. Just make sure that whatever decisions you make, you can stand by it without regrets.

Some ppl are educated and still feel bad because they didn't wear NYSC uniform. Some are rich and regret not having a university education, some are educated but regretting not to have had a skill!

Can you see where self fulfilment comes in?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Well I don't know the reason why you have the intention of going to University, but the question is this. Do you feel not enrolling in a tertiary institution (University) is worth it too?
We have seen people who went to University at the end of it all they became useless and worthless, we have also seen people who did not go to University became successful, we have seen people who went to University at the end of it all, they became successful in life, we have also seen people who did not go to University became useless and worthless. In my own opinion, going to University really worth it for me, I don't know about your opinion. O ri taye yato si ti kehinde.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
No

Finish secondary school,hustle and find money and educate yourself online

unless you have an undying passion to study STEM and further it abroad......
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by Moshood30: 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
Brother..it worth it... Going to the university doesn't stop you frm doing biz or any other thing...just for back up sake
Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by stcharlesedu: 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
Money is important, school is also important.

I will advice u to go to school, it boost ego and add value.

Then while in school, develop ur mindset on the ground that there is no available job,
That is planning on something to do after school.

Also avoid course that will stress the hell out of u

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? by kellidoo(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
It's worth it oh....supported by side hustle...For your mind...you know if you know book or not..
If you no know book, jejely support the school with side hustle(learn a skill).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2014 Oau Post-utme Screening Results Released / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me / Unilorin's Likely Post-utme Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.