Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? (21926 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Does Money Change People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ststyreal(f): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
sassysure:

How many of them are divorced?
And who told you they are sad?
I am not going into any argument with you but this is my own opinion... Thanks

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by worworbabe: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
Most people talk about money in reference to the man's money.

All I know is, I am happy spending my own money. I am much happier knowing that my own money can get me most of the things I want.

When my husband spends, it's a plus. Most of the things that make me happy in my marriage aren't because of money. I was making good money even before I met my man.

3 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Dainy1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Yes. It does
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 06, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Women are in marriage for money.
What type of women do you meet?
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2020
worworbabe:
Most people talk about money in reference to the man's money.

All I know is, I am happy spending my own money. I am much happier knowing that my own money can get me most of the things I want.

When my husband spends, it's a plus. Most of the things that make me happy in my marriage aren't because of money. I was making good money even before I met my man.
I like your perspective. It doesnt have to be about the man's money

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
ibkayee:
I don't think it's the only way to be happy at all, so your sister and her husband's situation isn't that uncommon.

But there's a possibility that having it would make them substantially happier, assuming money is the only thing that changes in their marriage because money and power change what people can literally afford to do and how they act, and a change in attitude and movement brought on by the money could be what impacts the level of happiness or being happy at all, not necessarily the money itself, but what it brings along with it

That saying, whilst I don't think it's enough on its own to bring absolute happiness, most people would probably cry in a Ferrari than on a bike. It's an important/helpful factor but not enough to bring total happiness to a marriage, there are also many other factors that contribute to a 'happy' marriage

But for the most part, at the end of the day it depends on what you're looking for
You just scrambling all over the place on this simple question like a fish out of water and in the end, we and even you yourself probably, can't exactly tell where you stand.
Now catch your breath and in a simple sentence, try again.

3 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

You just scrambling all over the place on this simple question like a fish out of water and in the end, we and even you yourself probably, can't exactly tell where you stand.
Now catch your breath and in a simple sentence, try again.
Lol you aren't totally wrong, I know what I'm trying to say but I didn't organise the wording well and I think I even felt that way when I posted it but cba to fix it

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by frozen70(f): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

Stop that mind set

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by frozen70(f): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
The presence and availability of money in marriages is far better than the absence

4 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ecolime(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Without money, you can't fully enjoy marriage. My brother hustle oo but most especially live within your means.

3 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by patani(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Mostly true, but there are also men who have next to nothing in marriages that don't also respect women, so it is relative.

Ratio?
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
sassysure:
Poor people have maids.
They subscribe to dstv or gotv.
The things u listed are not attributes of rich people alone.

U have to define what u mean by being married to rich man.

A man earning 150k with wife earning 80 to 100k monthly are rich going by your description.
Also, lots of rich people drive themselves.

Stop assessing people with this.

There are men who naturally don't have competitive spirit. If they marry a kindred spirit, they are comfortable and ok. It's who they are and their beliefs that determine their level of happiness.

A guy who love the good things of life and work extensively to get them with a wife who is equally materialist like him will no doubt enjoy their riches to the max.

It's all about compatibility. U will only have problem when Mr A goes for the lady who doesn't believe in his ideology or miss A going for an opposite to who she is.

In as much as we all love money so much in Nigeria, I have come across people who don't care about millions and billions.
I have also come across grand parents who have been in money all through their lives and still oozing out love.
Find your spec. Simple. It's never a competition.

You’re a very wise fellow.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by drmikeadams(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
walkwithgod:
There is nothing like true love in a Nigerian woman's dictionary. The day you loose your job / stop earning...she takes the next flight.

Hypergamy is the name of the game, that's just how things work over here.

If you want to get married, at least have a job / side hustle...make she sef get her own cause naija no funny one bit.

People say 'money isn't everything' and I tell them to have lots of it before saying such nonsense.
grin grin grin

Na u just talk reality here,,others dey talk fairy tale,,even in their mind them know say them dey talk fairy tale.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by SirWhiteFish: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mstick:
It's doesn't bring happiness but lack of it also doesn't bring happiness either. Like everything in life there must be a balance.

I've not seen a couple dancing Indian dance when their property is being thrown into the street by their landlord .
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by bjprodint(f): 5:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
DAVIDO said love is sweet o,when money enter love is sweeter.i am happy in my relationship that has no money,i would be happier if GOD blesses my spouse to spend money on me.for example i stayed with my spouse for eight years without tasting ice cream.

he bought me a plate of ice cream last month and he saw the joy in my eyes and appologised for starving me of such joy.

money is important in a relationship but men should not be pressured.

9 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
patani:

Ratio?

I don't do guess work, so it doesn't matter, the most important thing is that they exist.

2 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
Contentment and compatibility matters. Not married but I know even the rich suffer in marriage.

Money is rendered useless when couples aren't compatible and in Love. Money doesn't bring happiness because most times material benefits are insatiable but when couples are pleased with what they have and accept one another for who they are then there will be geninue and True happiness.

2 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by patani(m): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I don't do guess work, so it doesn't matter, the most important thing is that they exist.

You don't do guess work n u don't av ur fact handy.? Pele Aunty no guess work #yinmu
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by sisisioge: 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
Money aid happiness in marriages. Being hard on money is the number one reason most marriages fail.

Meanwhile, I'm in search of a previously owned 1-1.5HP affordable inverter AC in pristine condition. Please mention me if you have one in Lagos. Budget is around 70k.Thank you! May the good Lord bless you grin
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by LewsTherin: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
Money isn't needed to have a happy marriage. But money sure as heck makes a happy marriage more enjoyable!

I should know. I've experienced both.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ChiefOkporghe: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2023
Mstick:
It's doesn't bring happiness but lack of it also doesn't bring happiness either. Like everything in life there must be a balance.

I've not seen a couple dancing Indian dance when their property is being thrown into the street by their landlord.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by trueking: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Not always, if your wife is understanding no problem, but if you marry ashawao no amount of money can change her.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Chizaam2008: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money only brings COMFORT in any aspect of life. . .
Unless comfort means happiness. kiss
Then YES!
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by captainamiedi1: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
100% makes it enjoyable.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by twosquare(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Very important. It assists to bring that happiness, not that it causes happiness per se.

You don't want to be frustrated by bills...then comes nagging, and depression when you can't feed your family.

The rich worry about other things...but money really helps a lot.

If you are young and want to get married, please, fix that side...you still have time. Fix it...hmmm...e no easy o.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Blueace247(f): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ko so wo! Ko se gbo
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Ola4lead(m): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money always bring enough happiness to the table and it makes loves looks real.

OP MONEY IS LIFE
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by TheGift: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
A marriage where there is love and u understanding is much sweeter with money.

But where there is no love, and understanding , money can cause even more problems in marriage.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by PepeXKermit: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes!
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Harrynight(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
To some extent YES
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by judedwriter(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Sadly but true. But not all though.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by lonelydora: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?
Let singles like me learn something new

A big Yes!

Money brings happiness. Look at Ned Nwoko and Regina Daniels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eight Things Happy People Have In Common / 8-month Old Baby Stabbed 90 Times With Scissors By His Mother / DNA Tests Show 70% Kids Not Born By Men They Call Fathers In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.