Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? (21907 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Does Money Change People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by skondo09(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money alone doesn't necessarily brings happiness in marriage..there are others to add to it like love, understanding, mutual respect, dedication to make things work when problem arises ( e g.. sickness) e.t.c
But lack of money in marriage definitely brings severe pain and zero respect from all corners

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Kobicove(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
There are very few problems that money cannot solve!

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by KingEzo: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's depends on he woman.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by tete7000(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
It is part of what you need to be happy in life in general, marriage not excluded. By the way can you go through life without spending money?
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Ola4lead(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fiscus105:

Hope u know different between comfort and happiness?

I will be surprised if u have clocked 30.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Allisgud: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
The woman u see being respectful and submissive to u is because,u are providing her needs accurately which means there is money no quarrel of any kind which is happiness,u don't need to be rich as Ned and elumelu,mind u their are different kinds of unhappiness in marriage,wether poor couple or rich,when their is no child yet in the house they will not be happy,even if they are pretending to their self or they just wanna have faith
The Koko of the matter is comfort means happiness nobody will take stress,but if the poor couple love each order, drinking Garri together will taste like cornflakes and milk but if money enter,it will taste like ice cream
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Ola4lead(m): 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fiscus105:

Hope u know different between comfort and happiness?

I will be surprised if u have clocked 30.

Lol, technically I don't reply to people that lack manners and those who don't understand the reality of life...
You belong to the two, so get a life and *uck off my comment
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by BigCowHornn: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2023

You can say that all you want, is it not the same women that are married to Nigerian guys earning 50k per month? All the married low and average earning husband are married to women not goats.

I used to be a randy bachelor until last year. Some of best and cheapest sex I ever had were with women who needed money badly and the majority of them where married to low income earners

You see those married ones with kids.. expecially the ones over 30 who know their beauty and youth is gone they are the best cheaters you'll ever see. They are highly secretive and rarely keep more than one lover which minimizes the chances of getting an STD to almost zero.
It's just you and their husband and as long as you give them the money they will do things for you they won't even do for their husband

The things you can do with these women behind closed doors, most girls won't allow, and it all starts with...... I need 5k. My husband has not been taking care of me and the kids well

You won't get cheaper and cleamer sex anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Akalia(m): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money amplifies happiness if the happiness was in the picture already before money came in.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Mrpojj(m): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?
Let singles like me learn something new

Yes
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by shiwex: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ask Bill gates and Jeff Bezos
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Elidrisy20: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
It brings ooo, if you are a poor man, your wife and children will not even respect you
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Integrafamoo: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?

Yes
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ahnie: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes it does to me.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Ten06(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes, because women love money too much.
Some love money more than their husband
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by mosaicafrique: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Very well, once there is money happiness is triggered ❤️
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by peacettw: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
It helps to a great extent
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Poske95(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's LO.....Vvvvvvvvv......E comes in the end ...like in The Titanic.
You'd be surprised with the things you perceive from your wife you give your third balls for......
Money is what makes the pains go away....so go get it and plenty too.- get rich, die trying.....
Many would yap you in the grav while sucking it to a new spouse.......
That's why the saying sticks
Thiar is God ohhhhh
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by OpulentP: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
Poor people have maids.
They subscribe to dstv or gotv.
The things u listed are not attributes of rich people alone.

U have to define what u mean by being married to rich man.

A man earning 150k with wife earning 80 to 100k monthly are rich going by your description.
Also, lots of rich people drive themselves.

Stop assessing people with this.

There are men who naturally don't have competitive spirit. If they marry a kindred spirit, they are comfortable and ok. It's who they are and their beliefs that determine their level of happiness.

A guy who love the good things of life and work extensively to get them with a wife who is equally materialist like him will no doubt enjoy their riches to the max.

It's all about compatibility. U will only have problem when Mr A goes for the lady who doesn't believe in his ideology or miss A going for an opposite to who she is.

In as much as we all love money so much in Nigeria, I have come across people who don't care about millions and billions.
I have also come across grand parents who have been in money all through their lives and still oozing out love.
Find your spec. Simple. It's never a competition.

Well said, wish y more wisdom
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by MemoriesAndMe: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money is not everything that brings happiness in a marriage - in fact many rich people are unhappy in their marriages.

Sacrifices often have to be made to make the money, and one notable one is constant travels, which often leaves the other partner lonely and unhappy which could be a vice for infidelity.

Plus many folks with so much money are often socialites and have less time for their partners and kids, which is likely to create unhappiness within their homes. So a balance is needed somewhere.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2023

What is your definition of HAPPINESS if you can defined it then you are happy.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Quicksilver5: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
who ever says no doesn't just have enough money to sort out himself
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by InvertedHammer: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
/
Money doesn't bring happiness because happiness is internal.

However, it does help enormously to lubricate marriage. cool

/
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Bekboycrs: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2023

MONEY BRINGS CONFORT AND NOT HAPPINESS.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ola4lead:

Lol, technically I don't reply to people that lack manners and those who don't understand the reality of life...
You belong to the two, so get a life and *uck off my comment

And the one u did is what?

Ur post says alot about u , if truly u re up to 30 and u dnt know the different, it say u re foolish. Meanwhile , if u take ur myopic reasoning about money alone brings happiness rather than comfort.

I will pity poor girl that will end in the hands of foolish man.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Zion243(m): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nothing brings happiness into marriage than money but many things can drive happiness out even when there's abundance of wealth.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by LordReed(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2023

Money by itself doesn't bring happiness. It is how it is used that brings happiness. In addition to that the people using the money need to generate that happiness from within themselves as they are using the money or else it won't evoke anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Phlakes(f): 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2023

no it doesn't, I'm married and I've got what I need financially but I'm not happy

2 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Henryfortune(m): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes ... Yesterday
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by EDOSBROWN: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
U can ask my damn niggar
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by shagasha: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
DontBullshitMe:
Women are in marriage for money.

Nope... They are in it for security not for money
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by xjiggy: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money can Motivate, spur, magnify, accentuate, erupt happiness but Money can never bring Happiness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls / Eight Things Happy People Have In Common / DNA Tests Show 70% Kids Not Born By Men They Call Fathers In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.