Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? (21924 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Does Money Change People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Watinhapen(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
Without money, it’s impossible to have a happy marriage because money is needed for everything. You need money to pay rent, you need money to feed your family, you need money for clothes, to pay school fees, etc. In fact, money is the bedrock that marriage stands before love. Without money love can’t blossom and succeed.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by abobote: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
Capital YES.

Money brings happiness whether in marriage or outside marriage.

However there's no absolute happiness in life
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by unclejb2(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money brings happiness not only in marriage but in life generally. However, you need more than money to sustain that happiness in marriage
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
70%
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobleou(m): 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money doesn't bring happiness in marriage, only love does...

I ve seen rich men wives in depressions and also cheating with young men against their husband
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Dzzzz: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
Growing up I began to understand that if you truly want to get the best result in life you have to always look at things the both ways and not from one angle..My family was ok And we lived in a 3bedroom apartment and everything was rosy but I had this friend who all family lives in a 1room apartment..To be honest his family marriage and Union was far better than ours so I learned that to some people it’s money but truly no happiness and to some happiness only comes with contentment..

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ravensckar(m): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
Poor people have maids.
They subscribe to dstv or gotv.
The things u listed are not attributes of rich people alone.

U have to define what u mean by being married to rich man.

A man earning 150k with wife earning 80 to 100k monthly are rich going by your description.
Also, lots of rich people drive themselves.

Stop assessing people with this.

There are men who naturally don't have competitive spirit. If they marry a kindred spirit, they are comfortable and ok. It's who they are and their beliefs that determine their level of happiness.

A guy who love the good things of life and work extensively to get them with a wife who is equally materialist like him will no doubt enjoy their riches to the max.

It's all about compatibility. U will only have problem when Mr A goes for the lady who doesn't believe in his ideology or miss A going for an opposite to who she is.

In as much as we all love money so much in Nigeria, I have come across people who don't care about millions and billions.
I have also come across grand parents who have been in money all through their lives and still oozing out love.
Find your spec. Simple. It's never a competition.
You sabi something!
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
it is just the sugar that finetune marriage, money does not actually give happiness but helps to reduce conflict in marriage , if not rich men wont be having issues in their marriage . money does not sustain marriage but money is good too in marriage.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Zidoh(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Capital "YES"

BUYING TODAY

ZIDOH EXCHANGE ENTERPRISES

Perfect Money
Neteller
Skrill
Payoneer
PayPal
Go2bank
All gift cards
All spending/Walmart spending
Trade with us Today 💥
WHATSAPP: 08088759163.

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by YelloweWest: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes it does.

Money makes life easier.

Guys if you don't have a steady sustainable source of income pls don't marry.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Dinieoj(f): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
DontBullshitMe:
Women are in marriage for money.
you can say that about every woman in your life, starting from the fact that a woman gave birth to you, if you grew up amongst poor women pls speak about the women around you, you don't generalized wome.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Aguilar(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
Common sense should tell you that money brings happiness to a marriage. I mean how can one go far in marriage if there's no money? Money is very important in marriage, I'm sure you don't want your wife or children to suffer from poverty. What pains me most is some men would go as far as borrowing money to add to their misery of poverty to save their marriage. I pity those men, they won't live long. Anytime I think of marriage, my parents marriage is a constant warning to me that money is important in marriage.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Abokiijebu: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
Just rest abeg
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by casualobserver: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?
Let singles like me learn something new

Money does not guarantee happiness but the lack of it guarantees unhappiness.

*** note: definition of money in this context is the ability to provide and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Savechild23: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money na happiness, without money u can’t have a happy home and ur kids will look malnourished and ugly

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
100%. No love when suffering passes a threshold. Even your kids will run!
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
In this new generation? Fuvck yeah.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ola4lead:
Money always bring enough happiness to the table and it makes loves looks real.

OP MONEY IS LIFE

Hope u know different between comfort and happiness?

I will be surprised if u have clocked 30.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Foodqueen(f): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Bananapill: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?
Let singles like me learn something new

Yes, it brings unspoken happiness by increasing the hormones that causes joy. You just discover that the home is lively and bubbling. A lively and bubbly home is a healthy home.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Chiefpriestt: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
Mstick:
It's doesn't bring happiness but lack of it also doesn't bring happiness either. Like everything in life there must be a balance.

I've not seen a couple dancing Indian dance when their property is being thrown into the street by their landlord.
What did you just type ? That money doesn't bring happiness ? You just let people know you have not tested money all your life.

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Quebec91(m): 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2023
cheesy
Mstick:
It's doesn't bring happiness but lack of it also doesn't bring happiness either. Like everything in life there must be a balance.

I've not seen a couple dancing Indian dance when their property is being thrown into the street by their landlord.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by uuzba(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2023
Biglittlelois:
Not entirely, but it brings comfortability and a level of satisfaction that you're sitting pretty, no matter the situation.
Money is one funny stuff.
If you work and get 30k this month...
Work again and get 40k next month
Work again and get 50k the next month..
You and your wife will surely be happy. It doesn't matter that it's ONLY 30k. It matters that the pay is INCREASING. Therefore there is hope for the future.
If the money remain stagnant or is even reducing, that's the time there is problem in the home.
Its like you're either not working hard enough, or you're doing the wrong work and need to change it fast

2 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by TheBillyonaire: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money does not bring happiness in marriage.
It produces JOY! JOY!! JOY!!!

Of what use is happiness there is Joy. grin
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Horbar1: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes, it does. But it doesn't bring joy.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by gentlesmithugo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
Chizaam2008:
Money only brings COMFORT in any aspect of life. . .
Unless comfort means happiness. kiss
Then YES!
on point
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by gentlesmithugo(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
lonelydora:

A big Yes!

Money brings happiness. Look at Ned Nwoko and Regina Daniels.
and how sure are u that they are happy.happiness sometimes is inside of us.we can show d world wat we want them to see.
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by enemyofprogress: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
Just small happiness o, about 60%
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Jsucre(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money is the foundation
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by FriendsAndFans(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2023
Money is important more than love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy / Virgin Daughters & Purity Balls / Eight Things Happy People Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.