Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (44469 Views)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Man Buys His Daughter N35m BMW, A Job, An Apartment For Graduating At 23(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Barbsamiin: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
I'm not really someone who listens to what people say but I just want to share this so that y'all can air your views.

I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I was thrown out of the house without anywhere to go and as someone who has survived losing both parents at such a young age, I literally lived and survived in the streets. Did all sorts of menial jobs, hawked purewater, soft drinks, worked in a bar and all that before I finally got an apartment.

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?

Your humble opinion is needed, thanks

O.P
Staying alone is not a problem, the problem is when something happen to you which needs urgent actions or needs emergency responds who know and who will help.?

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by myforty68: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
learn self defence just in case .also get a pepper spray

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Quelme: 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
@OP, hope you no dey use us play. This was your topic the other day "I need a sex mate", now this. Better take your time o.

I dey see say some guys don already dey do notice me because dem dey find oshofreee.

Beware!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by SexytorresE(f): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Tag me where I dragged with u that I’m the one . undecided I only agreed to what u said that’s all
CsRockefeller:

You are not d OP na
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Pzpropertylimit(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
If u don't turn ur new apartment to a hotel , nothing is wrong with it .

If u wan Bleep , go out .
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by SexytorresE(f): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
This could be true ? shocked she might be catching cruise with us .smh
Quelme:
@OP, hope you no dey use us play. This was your topic the other day "You need a sex mate", now this. Better take your time o

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by donier: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
I'm not really someone who listens to what people say but I just want to share this so that y'all can air your views.

I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I was thrown out of the house without anywhere to go and as someone who has survived losing both parents at such a young age, I literally lived and survived in the streets. Did all sorts of menial jobs, hawked purewater, soft drinks, worked in a bar and all that before I finally got an apartment.

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?

No issh living alone at 23..... hustle suppose block these critics opinions

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Asensio13(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Tell boys you live alone at your own peril because you'll only attract bleep boys

Once they know they'll do anything to shift your pants without any future plans for you

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Danniey: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

WHY NOT?
Is it illegal?
except ofcos you are not comfortable with the idea.
you can live alone even till your dying days.

no body stop you.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by airminem(f): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for these grin They think their fathers are real men
Azmanaty:

Na so ur papa take rape ur mama?
Sense is far away from this one undecided
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Boredasf: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
what's this don't allow men know where you stay bullshit?
Are all men bad
Las Las no be man you go marry
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Danniey: 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
Quelme:
@OP, hope you no dey use us play. This was your topic the other day "I need a sex mate", now this. Better take your time o.

I dey see say some guys don already dey do notice me because dem dey find oshofreee.

Beware!!!!

casting

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Quelme: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
SexytorresE:
This could be true ? shocked she might be catching cruise with us .smh
Yes o. I'm suspecting it's a guy that is behind that moniker.

I wanted to ask the OP, what's her level of education sef. That are narration too tight for a supposedly street girl.

Reason the sentences, the English too. The way she take paraphrase everything.

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by SexytorresE(f): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
U are cleaver and a good observer.
Quelme:
Yes o. I'm suspecting it's a guy behind that moniker.

I wanted to ask the OP, what's are level of education sef. That are narration too tight for a supposedly street girl.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Quelme: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
SexytorresE:
U are cleaver and a good observer.
abi na. Boredom dey make people do crazy stuffs.

Make we sha follow he/she dey catch the fun.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
nothing wrong unless you turn your house into a brothel

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Frederick2017: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

Absolutely nothing bad in staying alone....
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by SexytorresE(f): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sure
Quelme:
abi na. Boredom dey make people do crazy stuffs.

Make we sha follow he/she dey catch the fun.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by greenskittles: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

Absolutely nothing wrong with staying alone. It's just the patriarchal mentality in these people that makes them say things like that to you. In modern society, where men and women should be treated as equals, there's nothing wrong with staying alone if you can afford it and take care of yourself. And you clearly can, having survived all the hardships you went through. Nobody would ask a man the same question. Pay them no attention, please.

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by callmeRichie(m): 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=AmIaYahooGirl post=90366876

you know what babe fvck them!!!!

where were they when you needed them most?
You're your own mother and father right now babe, live your live and make it real big!!!

You're good to go as long as you don't steal, keep it legal babe and don't mind shits!

Keep living alone! Anybody who's angry should get you a 2-storeyed building with a car and a driver, and a top class security thengrin
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by victorian(f): 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Dear OP,

You aren’t wrong with your decision staying alone.
There is nothing wrong with staying alone, though it makes you vulnerable as a young lady.

It is actually the situation of things that makes it seem bad for a lady of your age deciding to stay alone. In saner clime, though there aren’t saner clime but saner people, at age 18, you should have left home to be on your own.

If you are happy staying alone, continue living alone. You can as well look for a partner to live with you to share the burden of house rent and relieve your loneliness.

My advice to you is that, never tell any man you don’t trust so much that you live alone, men actually love preying on young girls living alone due to their vulnerability

Men love preying on any woman who says she lives alone.

Op live alone, there is nothing wrong with it.

Than to be a rape victim to your friends husbands and extended families. Or househelps to people u live with.

Just live alone and make yourself happy.

Then be disciplined.

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by IMASTEX: 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
Michelle55:
There's absolutely nothing wrong in staying alone.. Just be mindful of the kinda company you keep and exercise self-control at all times.
You can't please everyone dear, just live your best life and be true to yourself!
No one has the monopoly to your happiness.. If staying alone gives you the peace of mind you deserve as human, then go for it.
Exactly
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by VenumX: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
Leave people and their stone age mentality. It's them that birth the criminals you see on the streets.

At 18, your mates abroad are living alone and inventing stuff. Do you think they are at the level they are in because they listened to folks with backward mentality?

The only thing I will advice you to do is stay away from agbero negroes. Make friends with decent people...male and female.

3 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by nkemdi89(f): 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
I started living alone at 18 , there is always that pressure from men once they know, don't allow any man to turn you to partime wife by coming to sleep and eat in your place regularly.

4 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Naija4love(m): 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

Good one can you give me your contact
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Topsic70: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
Why then shd one waste his/her airtime on an obstinate individual.
Tueh!

[s]I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?[/s]

U've 'tolded' us from d beginning dt our opinion don't count.
So, sorry, I have no 'opinion' to waste biko!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yedebem (#6045), six thousand and forty four (6044) of ur compatriots did agidi more than u, yet they were all 'downloaded' las-las!
Urs will not be an exception! grin

The contract is for 43,000 irritants, so u'll be seeing my face for a very looooooong time!
#slow_but_steady
#we_shall_get_there!
#1_man_battalion! cool cool cool

Check d download role call below for a quick reminder:

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by iqiq: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
Thats Nigerians with the concern hatitudes but won't help
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Olarewaju89: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
ElonMosque:

check her other thread grin grin grin grin

The Op moniker and this one also... Tor!

I won't say a word...

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Yedebem: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
[s]
Topsic70:

Tueh!

Sorry, I have no 'opinion' to waste!
cool
[/s]
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by phemmyfour: 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

Not at all, just get a partner for security reason
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Yedebem: 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
[s]
Topsic70:

Tueh!

So, sorry, I have no 'opinion' to waste biko!
Maybe yedebem (#6045) has sth to say b4 he's finally 'downloaded'
cool cool cool
[/s]
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Olakunleyakub(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
I love this advice NCOs of the self control you included
Michelle55:
There's absolutely nothing wrong in staying alone.. Just be mindful of the kinda company you keep and exercise self-control at all times.
You can't please everyone dear, just live your best life and be true to yourself!
No one has the monopoly to your happiness.. If staying alone gives you the peace of mind you deserve as human, then go for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? / I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.