Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,608 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (44414 Views)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Man Buys His Daughter N35m BMW, A Job, An Apartment For Graduating At 23(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Iceyjayz: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nothing wrong in that.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Lovelyn451(f): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
And those people couldn't even ask you to come stay with them, na oly advice they sabi give..tchew

My dear just make the church your second home,avoid bad company, avoid trouble and always talk to your heavenly father abt everything!! because Cow wey no get tail, na God dey pursue fly for am

Sorry abt d loss of ur parents...so sad
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by poweredcom(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Your name on here self shows the kind of girl you are

Am suspecting u are one of Dem runs girls

How dis you get money to rent the house that is what am wondering now

Na so e de start o ....but anyway noting bad to stay alone but for ladies that stay alone in a city and I can't see what she does for a living ..oga na Dem full this site wey lil Wayne shout

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Azmanaty:

Na so ur papa take rape ur mama?
Sense is far away from this one undecided

Mr rapist get off my mentions quick!
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by tolukem(f): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
You can stay alone my dear, my advice to you is to live in place with lots of flats so even If you stay alone in your place you still have people you can interact with plus there's safety in numbers, you can share a flat with a few other people, preferably females....., don't, I repeat don't let people especially guys know you live alone. Don't make an habit of entertaining male friends at home and avoid going to guys homes. When I was much younger, I schooled away from my parents , I shared a self contain with a friend during and after service I shared a 3 bed room apartment with 2 other ladies. Having flatmates saved me from tricky situations with guys at least twice. So there's safty in numbers like I earlier said. You'll have the time of your life and be independent too. Good luck
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Lekozy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
I think they have said it all and with the way nlanders comments it really means Nigeria is getting better and wiser people are now free to post there problem without feeling judge( well little judgement but still) am really happy for these all those people that said u should go back to ur cousins house hmm..I rest my comment ...if not for the bad system of Nigeria at d age of 21 should u even still be living with your parents ..I salute ur hustling spirit dear keep it up...and like they said be careful... because we men well....
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by cardoso514: 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Focus on God. You will be stronger for it. Watch out for preys. But keep praying always Face your hustle and it will be well with you
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by oluwagr8nes(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
My dear at 23, you are not too young to sleep alone!

I have cousins in US whose parent got them their own apartment after they crossed 18!

Don't let anyone limit your!

If you can bear the cost, go ahead!

It is good to bear your yoke while you're still young!

In other news,

Do you know that you earn money by simply watch paid adverts?

All you need to withdraw is your Paypal, Bit coin account.

Withdrawals can also be via Western Union.

Interested?

See below,

https://dcivideon.pw/749563209246844/
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Olakunleyakub(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
So unfortunate that most of us struggle throughout our lives by giving a Bleep in a situations where Bleep do not deserve to be given forgeting the fact that those moments of non fuckery are most defined our lives. There are many times have given a Bleep and many times I do not give a Bleep depending on the situations.
There is really no particular best manual for life cos what works for you might not work for me but I think what you should do is to inculcate self discipline, self control, truthfulness, honesty,smart working and education to better ur life and stay away from bad friends remember you have no one again except god?
I wish you best of success in your life.

CsRockefeller:
Lol. You are still bothered about what people say in this 2020?

My dear, give no f**k as long as you live a responsible life.

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Acidosis:

For a girl that sees nothing wrong with sleeping with a total stranger because she's hot? Well, I won't encourage you to stay alone.

grin

Next time, I'll check a poster's history before the comments.

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
You can stay alone but stay safe....there will advance from your male neighbor but it is your choice to accept or decline...
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by speedchariot(m): 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
He who fetched ant-Infested firewood should be ready to dine with the lazards...
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Liposure: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Of course there's nothing wrong in staying alone at such a young age. But be safety conscious. I suggest u find a trustworthy male friend u can rely on in time of trouble
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Acidosis(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Gerrard59:

grin

Next time, I'll check a poster's history before the comments.

grin grin Her moniker "yahoo-something" informed my decision to check her history.

That girl is far from what she described on this page. I nor fit waste my advice abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Uspic(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Where were those people telling not to stay alone when your cousin sister sent you parking?
Life na per head. Don't let anyone make decisions for you
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
I'm not really someone who listens to what people say but I just want to share this so that y'all can air your views.

I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I was thrown out of the house without anywhere to go and as someone who has survived losing both parents at such a young age, I literally lived and survived in the streets. Did all sorts of menial jobs, hawked purewater, soft drinks, worked in a bar and all that before I finally got an apartment.

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?

Your humble opinion is needed, thanks
this is what i do.

Allow them to talk their own.

Say ok.

Continue doing what you want to do anyway.

Cos it is not their business, they are not paying your rent or putting food on your table. Their opinion doesn't matter.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Olayetan(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
I'm not really someone who listens to what people say but I just want to share this so that y'all can air your views.

I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I was thrown out of the house without anywhere to go and as someone who has survived losing both parents at such a young age, I literally lived and survived in the streets. Did all sorts of menial jobs, hawked purewater, soft drinks, worked in a bar and all that before I finally got an apartment.

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?

Weren't you the person looking for sex mate,

So your plan is to turn your apartment into brothel?
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
SexytorresE:
Tag me where I dragged with u that I’m the one . undecided I only agreed to what u said that’s all

Chill........ Was only pulling your legs undecided
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by femmoy(m): 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

have u seen the sex mate u we're looking for in ur previous thread?
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by AmIaYahooGirl(f): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
Olayetan:

Weren't you the person looking for sex mate,

So your plan is to turn your apartment into brothel?

Lol...been waiting for this comment for a while...pls I'm still reading reasonable comments...don't spoil it with your rubbish talk

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by AmIaYahooGirl(f): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
femmoy:

have u seen the sex mate u we're looking for in ur previous thread?

Yes...and it was worth it....you good?

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by saajus: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
If you can find a roommate, it will be nice. Not because you are not mature to live alone but for safety reasons. In Nigeria, I don't support living alone until marriage, even for guys. Any emergency can happen in the middle of the night, also perpetrators (rapists, armed robbers) fear two people more than one. A recluse guy in a street in Surulere, Lagos died in his apartment for 3 days and nobody knew until horrible smell started coming out of his apartment. He didn't have friends on the street, he had no relationship with his neighbours, that's why it took 3 days before they discovered the guy has crossed the bridge.
Having a roommate comes with a lot of baggage. You will smile, you will fight, and you will gossip together. Those things also help your mental health. If you are going for a roommate, please get a responsible one who will have a positive influence on your life. If you are living in "face me and face you", you may not really need roommate cos your neighbours are like roommates. You all share everything together except your room.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by adeboizy11(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
Please stay alone. You're not supposed to dwell with anyone in the first place except your parents or later your husband. Don't listen to all those jargon they say. You are validly valid.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Olayetan(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
SexytorresE:
This could be true ? shocked she might be catching cruise with us .smh
Obviously catching cruise and i sense a man is behind the moniker.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by femmoy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:

Yes...and it was worth it....you good?
yeah I am. can we talk on WhatsApp pls?
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
tolukem:
You can stay alone my dear, my advice to you is to live in place with lots of flats so even If you stay alone in your place you still have people you can interact with plus there's safety in numbers, you can share a flat with a few other people, preferably females....., don't, I repeat don't let people especially guys know you live alone. Don't make an habit of entertaining male friends at home and avoid going to guys homes. When I was much younger, I schooled away from my parents , I shared a self contain with a friend during and after service I shared a 3 bed room apartment with 2 other ladies. Having flatmates saved me from tricky situations with guys at least twice. So there's safty in numbers like I earlier said. You'll have the time of your life and be independent too, before you shackle yourself to any man in the name of marriage

Your closing statement wasn't called for.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by adedayoa2(f): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
I started staying alone at 26, and i tell those men i stay with my aunty and even when i was through with school i was still claiming student. Just be smart, you can stay alone.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by kaytolee(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
Is not a bad idea
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by OdenKelechi(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
Lol.. staying alone and having your own space is bliss. Even with you boyfriend you won't have your space the way you'll have it alone. Whoever says otherwise is just a dimwit
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by olusola200: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
ecolime:
Nothing bad in it. It's your life so do what is best for you.
Age is nothing but a number

Maturity and self discipline is the key

Some 30 years can't stay alone

I will all the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? / I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.