Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? (61541 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Name You Saved Someone's Number With? / What's The Best Phone You've Ever Used Or You're Currently Using? / [Updated] All type of Phone brand & their Price in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
DivineTurnAroun:

Itel is a good one. The one I bought is a year plus now and is still cool

alright
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ufedolove:
The worst phone is used got to be Tecno Camon 8.

First, I believe I was just unlucky to get that unit. (The phone wasn't cloned, fake or refurbished though)

As usual na, everything was rosy in the first few days. Three or four days later:

1. This phone, with its original charger took exactly 4 hours to completely charge. Any other charger took 5 or more hours.

2. It was a taboo for the phone to run more than one app at the same time. (This included music players in the background; just forget about uploading pictures to Facebook or any other site using chrome cos the RAM space was never enough to open Chrome browser and Gallery at the same time).

3. In a day, the phone restarted itself at least 4 times. This included when the phone was idle and when I was using it, regardless of whatever I was doing.

4. Hanging, overheating and lagging were the hobbies of the phone.

5. The selfie camera was super bad for a phone that was marketed for its supposed camera prowess.

6. Etc

This f0cking phone frustrated the sh1t out of me I had to sell it off even without the hope of getting a new one soon.

The only good thing was that I got a fair deal. Sold it for 26k on efriitin dot com cos of the hype around it. (The hype that made me choose it over Samsung S4 2/16 duos).

From that moment, I vowed to NEVER use a Tecno phone again.

Mumu me, I didn't know that Tecno, Infinix and Itel were the same piece of trash bearing different names, na so I go buy Itel S something: when I finish crying, I'll write about it.

But thank God, I'm now a Xiaomi Note 8 Pro user. I ported after I was bitten again by Infinix Hot 6x. I no dey learn sha but never again will I look Transsion way.

thank God u say?

till u buy iPhone 11, u never use phone
Android is crap
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by ridbell01(m): 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Vulcanheph:
To anyone that buys "Coolpad" And thinks he has bought an android phone is Lying to himself.....mine showed me hell.
my brother am using coolpad note6 presently since last year I don't have any issue with the phone. I bought it 48k in computer village. I sold my Tecno camon cxair to buy the phone.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by CKLP: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
One Android tab like that. It's a pity I can't remember the name but I think it's naija made/assembled. I used it around 2012. It has a small external keyboard which also acts as stand/support.

The resolution and the screen was terrible. It wasn't sensitive at all and it gets dirty and messy easily. Na almost every hour I dey use spirit and cotton wool wipe the screen. The Android version sef na die as at that time. Tab was slow and horrible. The whole thing was just irritating. I can't even remember what later happened to it whether I gave it out or not. I don even forget.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by ukandi1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gabonese:
Meizu , konka. I saw hell. Within a week of purchase they nearly frustrate my destiny.

Phones dey this life o

u made me laughed till neighbours thought I was losing some nuts in my head.

NOLLYWOOD will fit u.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Dru91fiesta: 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Mine is Gowin (even the name sounds like Godwin) .

First time I heard the name but still went ahead to buy it because it was cheap and the specs looked enticing. That was around 2013.

Well to cut the story short, the phone gave me a whole lot of problem within 24hrs. They even write 3G for the manual but e no get 3g o.

I bought it for 30k, 2 days later I had to sell it to computer village boys for 12k. The ones that even bought it 12k tried. Some wicked souls were pricing it 5k lol. I just accepted my loss and moved on. I no fit dey use something wey go dey give me frustration coz it wouldn't be long before I smash it on the floor out of anger so it was better I quickly sold it for whatever price.

I saw NOKLA once, almost thought it was Nokia until the hands refused to shake

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Kenny9857(m): 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
Unlimitk:
sir, i live around ojota in lagos,i can do any job you av sir,im also very broke,my numba is 08126602040 flash
I really love to help bro
The company I am talking about is in Ijebu-ode in Ogun state
I don't really know how you want to make it bro
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mine is vibo m10 it cannot browse and charges within 5 minutes then dies within 3 minutes ����
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Jaymoon: 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nairalanders any reviews on Oppo A5 series, intend getting one at the end of the month, I no want one chance phone.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Unlimitk(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kenny9857:

I really love to help bro
The company I am talking about is in Ijebu-ode in Ogun state
I don't really know want to make it bro
hmm,if dere z accmdation,i can come,i dnt even av money.tnx though
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by iAmTheJoker: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Dude, phone's phone.... Whether transsion or Hi-Tech....

Nigeria is yet to produce a pin....Until you can even assemble and couple finished products... you don't even have rights to criticize.... All you have to do is buy what you can afford....

Crictism is for the constomers of a product to make, customers are the most important people in marketing, they are reason these devices are manufactured in the first place, they decide whether they are satisfied with a product or not... So he has the right to criticize.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by iAmTheJoker: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
I don't buy weird phones .... Sorry
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Homeboiy: 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
Offpoint:

SUSAN? gringrin

Nothing homeboiy no go see for him shop

Lol guy I have other ones here oo

Like Doogee
Touching
Blu
Archos

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by whitemand4(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Can never forget Tecno W3 how it crashed was so enigmatic grin only for engineers to be making jest of me that it is irreparable and that's how people keeps bringing it to them grin CrashW3
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by twokayeighteen(m): 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
Which model of oukitel?
I had the same screen issue with my C12 pro. The thing just went blank.. had to order another screen
Flytime:
it looks decent but after few months at least from those I knew using them,they ended up complaining of screen problems plus they have terrible cameras and probably some other problems I wasn't told,one of them said his phone died while trying to play pes.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by brandmix: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2020
SoftBank

angry
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Alexaonfleek: 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmm
I didn't see mention of this phone,Afriane.
Dem talk say na naija phone when I buy am for slot.
Heu God!!!!
That phone show me hot spicy Yoruba pepper!!!!!
From the second day I bought it,it started hanging.
Battery life nko....
Bad camera.
I no trust anything naija again

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by zigziggy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Dude, phone's phone.... Whether transsion or Hi-Tech....

Nigeria is yet to produce a pin....Until you can even assemble and couple finished products... you don't even have rights to criticize.... All you have to do is buy what you can afford....
Nigeria is assembling/producing phone, there plant is in ilupeju Lagos Nigeria Google afrione phones. make use of Google.
#as copied#
ABOUT US

Afrifone Limited was incorporated in 2016.

First mobile device, tablet PC assembly plant in Nigeria under the brand name Afrione.

The factory is a State of the Art 20,000 sq. ft. manufacturing, assembly and R&grin facility within Lagos State with a fully equipped lab for testing and Quality control .

Afrione as a pioneer entity has the vision & opportunity to localise and promote the use of cutting edge technology for manufacturing in Nigeria

Our initiative is to provide employment opportunities ,develop skills , empower Nigerian Youth and develop Nigerian Economy.

We are assembling Smart Phones , Feature phones and Tablets

The brand has partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria under the N-power umbrella. Our 2 in1 Transformer tablets are the preferred Tablets in N-Power project today.

Customer satisfaction is our key focus while maintaining upgraded Technology, Quality and After Sale service across the nation through our Service Centres.

Today We have expanded our product portfolio with a New Brand—‘’Afrione Beats’’ which is a young, Contemporary range of Music gadgets-Wireless ear pods, Blue tooth speakers , Headsets , Earphones and Accessories like Power Bank targeted to Youth.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by kvngmaxy(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
itel A14 max that phone is a real piece of crap
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by twokayeighteen(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
Had to buy mine from AliExpress for around 10k oukitel C12 pro.... Took around a month to get it sha
clitah:
Mine is Oukitel.
I have looked for the screen the whole of Owerri.

Please anyone with info or assistance on how I can sort out a new screen can assist direct me.

My contacts are stuck.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Kessnorman: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
hizikin:

How can you list lagging and end up with "pretty cool?"

Like seriously? I think we should consider Ram size before making choice of phones because low Ram causes lagging of phones.

Lagging of phones is also called hanging as you need to keep rebooting. Itel is bad news. How many games or apps will you download?

Not even up to 1 gig before the phone start hanging and worse is the phone can heat up for Africa.
At that time I didn't even care about ram or battery but now my eye don open
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Kessnorman: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
hizikin:

How can you list lagging and end up with "pretty cool?"

Like seriously? I think we should consider Ram size before making choice of phones because low Ram causes lagging of phones.

Lagging of phones is also called hanging as you need to keep rebooting. Itel is bad news. How many games or apps will you download?

Not even up to 1 gig before the phone start hanging and worse is the phone can heat up for Africa.
At that time I didn't even care about ram or spec but now my eye don open

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Hauwi(f): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
I used one phone like that 'kimfly' in 2014/15 the worse phone ever..after using for like 5 minutes it will get very very hot make a screeching sound then go off..

i usually remove the battery when it starts making that noise because i felt it would explode cry
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by lisa286: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Viciheaka:
it was that bad

I don't play near these strange brands o

When it comes to phones, I haven't strayed away from Nokia, Samsung, Huawei and Xiaomi. I can't shout

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by lisa286: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hauwi:
I used one phone like that 'kimfly' in 2014/15 the worse phone ever..after using for like 5 minutes it will get very very hot make a screeching sound then go off..

i usually remove the battery when it starts making that noise because i felt it would explode cry

Wow, thank God it didn't explode.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Tocco(m): 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Wow.. I tried getting an original screen bit I gave up cos of the memory issues I was having..

onyeomanono24:

Its luck, still using this phone and have been changing the screen guard only as a result of constant fall & crack.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Flytime: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
twokayeighteen:
Which model of oukitel?
I had the same screen issue with my C12 pro. The thing just went blank.. had to order another screen
I think it was the c12 or probably c13 he was talking about.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Offpoint: 12:20am On Jun 09, 2020
Homeboiy:

Lol guy I have other ones here oo

Like Doogee
Touching
Blu
Archos
gringrin person see the name TOUCHING e go still carry him money go buy... Na stories wey TOUGH the heart at last
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 09, 2020
lisa286:

I don't play near these strange brands o

When it comes to phones, I haven't strayed away from Nokia, Samsung, Huawei and Xiaomi. I can't shout
me too
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Alexun(m): 4:19am On Jun 09, 2020
Darthvader93:

I used Innjoo Fire and Leagoo.

Disaster in the highest grin grin grin grin grin

Well... I used Leagoo KIICA POWER to comment on this now and it's 2years already. I can boldly say it's a great phone to come by!!!

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by jmichael259(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2020
IF YOU WANNA BUY BRANDS YOU HAVEN'T USED, READ PEOPLE'S REVIEWS OR COMPLAINTS FIRST AND GO FOR HIGHER NUMBERS OF RAM, CAMERA PIXEL, BATTERY AND INTERNAL MEMORY TO AVOID SERIOUS FRUSTRATION IF THINGS DON'T WORK OUT FINE.

I encouraged a friend to buy the very first Tecno Android T1, another friend bought innjoo fire, I used Infinix hot, Tecno Droipad 7c, I also bought a cheaper innjoo Halo for a boy after fire model became scarce and later on Tecno l8 lite. I also used leagoo m9, I encouraged another guy to buy umidigi S2 lite, thereafter i used Umidigi power, recently used Itel s15, bought Umidigi A3s for someone, used Homtom H10 and Blackview A80pro.

All worked fine and better than wasting money on Tecno and Infinix. I only bought the Itel S15 in a hurry wasn't bad but sold it after 3weeks. Only the Leagoo m9 had heat and reboot issues.
I FORGOT TO MENTION Opsson and Wiko. Small internal memory and the Opsson screen contents and touch started shaking but I managed till I sold

Umidigi and Blackview forget to put screen or any flash for their phones front camera

Best value for money was Homtom 64gb for 32k recently, Hot 16gb for 16k then, Droipad Tablet for 19k then.

Best battery Tecno L8lite 4,000mah, Umidigi and blackview 5,000mah, Homtom 3,000mah but durable in use and really fast charging
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by jmichael259(m): 5:39am On Jun 09, 2020
twokayeighteen:
Had to buy mine from AliExpress for around 10k oukitel C12 pro.... Took around a month to get it sha

Order parts in Nigeria from JUMIA online or AliExpress.
You won't likely find them in stores

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Italian Girl Accidentally Kills Herself By Trying Tiktok Challenge / "Burial Was Fun" See What A Girl Posted On Facebook {pic} / Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.