Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? (61489 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Name You Saved Someone's Number With? / What's The Best Phone You've Ever Used Or You're Currently Using? / [Updated] All type of Phone brand & their Price in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by mu2sa2: 6:45am On Jun 08, 2020
micflo28:
worst phone was kyocera.... that phone emit radiation enough to kill Buhari grin grin grin cheesy
And the phone didn't kee you. Mr man Buhari, don go war front come back intact and dey kampe till today - be careful what you say, make your wish no boomerang.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Horllamideh(m): 6:47am On Jun 08, 2020
vanvicker:
Snokor Z5000. I never for once regretted buying the phone, the specs was okay, battery was superb, the only issue was the ram, but the phone was top notch and cost effective. I used and passed it on. Though it's not in the market again, I won't mind having it as a second phone.
That phone is good.... I used it for 3 years, I survived lot of falls, not even a break on the screen..... not until I had accident last year and the touch started misbehaving. I love that phone mehnn.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Calismart(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2020
Akaegwu:
Obi. The Phone was OK except poor battery life.
Chai. Did you say 'Obi'? But wetin go make you buy that kind phone na.
Baba, next time buy Ada. ok?
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Akaegwu(m): 6:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Calismart:

Chai. Did you say 'Obi'? But wetin go make you buy that kind phone na.

Baba, next time buy Ada. ok?

Obi logo
Obi Worldphone is a company founded by former Apple CEO John Sculley. The company was originally named Obi Mobiles when it was founded in 2014. In 2015 the firm changed its name to Obi Worldphone. The company is targeting emerging markets through its low-cost smartphones running Google's Android operating system.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2020
I bought this tablet called pierre cardin from dubai, the screen just dey crack anyhow, you keep phone for table screen cracks, if you dey charge, screen crack ah ah, i wan sell am ma nobody gree buy am. my people na so i go carry am dash to peson.

Pierre cardin dia is God ooo

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by afebabs(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2020
BLOCKBERRY
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Satan66(m): 7:32am On Jun 08, 2020
Babawon1:
Chai. and I just buy this phone with 25,500# at 3chub.
Stay strong bro grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Satan66(m): 7:32am On Jun 08, 2020
whitemand4:

But I am experiencing the opposite of all what you listed above. Fast charging, superb cameras, fast browsing, no crashing of apps, monster battery, phone too good! In fact, I am currently replying you with d phone maybe you bought the fake version of the phone. I bought it new from SLOT some months ago.
You must be joking
Which superb camera and fast charging?
Something that takes almost 3hrs to fully charge?
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by kinsnazzy: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2020
well, which ever the phone it is , do you best to cherish it it will last for a while.
obey certain instructions
1. don't make it a happy habit to take it with you to the toilet
2. don't forget to keep it maybe on a table before you go to sleep.
3. avoid doing over night charging
4. keep liquid away from the phone
5. don't over work the phone
6. limit the application software on the fone.
7. have a second fone and make that your regular phone.
8. always clean surface with tissue or any material gently when you notice liquid on the screen from your use of it.
9. always give it some break
10. always download from well known site and limit physically sharing of apps, music or games with others.
11. try to avoid the fone falling on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by NoToPile: 7:37am On Jun 08, 2020
Howmon:
mine was Bird, terrible UX

Lool I used this phone too, The Slim bird, that must be years ago ooo about 15 years back or more I was so happy to use a color screen phone grin grin grin. Dad bought it for me it was around 15k . Theives broke into our home during the day and it was one of what they stole. angry angry and it was a nice phone.

Archos was a more recent terrible brand I used in 2016-2017, always insufficient memory space, the thing hangs like something else, always very hot, battery drains like water in a basket. I took it to their office at computer village twice. Then the screen broke finally and could not get a replacement at Alaba.

Let me give a shout out to Alcatel.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Savagedan(m): 7:38am On Jun 08, 2020
Acatel, that was my dads first phone back then, when SIM cards were still sold for like 20-30k.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Roon9(m): 7:58am On Jun 08, 2020
kingPhidel:
And no body is mentioning INNJOO MAX3G. . .

No fone worse pass innjoo
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Damseldammie(f): 8:01am On Jun 08, 2020
onoms4luv:
So many of you are forgetting almighty gionee.
men that show .me pepper. battery life was always 0% no matter how long you charged it. na still 0% you go get.

What model of Gionee, probably you got a refurbished one because Gionee is a good phone, in terms of ba3, graphics, resolution, camera & durability

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by shalomt4321: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2020
sunshineV:

so because I don't produce a drink I should not complain about too much sugar in Pepsi?

criticism is welcome
He is just being silly
All these tech youtubers who are there to just criticize stuffs are they creating them?
Yet the company seek their opinions on their gadgets
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by joxxy01(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2020
Mine was Hom Tom.. after the battery crashed that was the end
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by darelar(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2020
oluwadabira111:
Bontel that phone is from the pit of hell!!

Am using the small ones as my second phone for about 5 year's now of different model. I have bought more than 6 use and dash some out while some lost. The small ones are very good and I still have two with me now.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by ringi82(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2020
kingPhidel:
And no body is mentioning INNJOO MAX3G. . .
Innjoo wey dey vibrate by imself grin. I no go ever forget dat phone. Na the biggest scam

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by koskilala: 8:23am On Jun 08, 2020
Randerl:
For me.First it was Tecno. I SAW HELL Using the Tecno L8. Hanging, kagging, long hours pf charge not not to talk of no software updates.

Last, l had to dump it.

I crossed over to the !Infinix Hot S2 That was the game changer that let me off these chinko offerings.
I sold off the infinix fraud S2 later just to get a used samsung.
lol, but the TECNO L series were known for their long lasting batteries just like the devices in the Pouvoir series
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 08, 2020
maasoap:

Mine was THL T9 PRO. Very slick, smooth swipe but always hot when browsing with very poor and weak battery. I paid 35k for that crap in 2016! I got to find out on YouTube that it was reviewed as the worst android phone of the year 2016. I even ordered for two replacement batteries from aliexpress at the cost of 10k but phone technician already destroyed the phone before the batteries arrived from China
oh my God
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by koskilala: 8:24am On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Dude, phone's phone.... Whether transsion or Hi-Tech....

Nigeria is yet to produce a pin....Until you can even assemble and couple finished products... you don't even have rights to criticize.... All you have to do is buy what you can afford....
I wonder o, atimes people forget that many people wouldn't have had phones in Nigeria if not for the likes of TECNO and co.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by riches4me(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2020
25tolife:
coolpad
Used d phone 4 2 yrs when my Lg g3 was stolen. Still have it though only that d battery is bad.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Ufedolove: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2020
NACE13:
A friend of mine bought one called KimFly grin The specs: 4g network 2gb Ram, 16gb ROM, 13mp back camera. When my G open phone to use, all the specs fly commot, na 516mb RAM, 2gb ROM, network na upgraded 2g, camera looks like those bontel torchlight phones. Phone will just go off for no reason.
Dude wan cry but tears refused to turn up. I used to call him Kim Kardashia Superfly. grin

grin grin angry I'm rolling on the floor
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Iamdonfrank: 8:27am On Jun 08, 2020
Guys, no matter how broke you are, never, I repeat, never in this life and the next buy Innjoo max 3G....

Infact anything that's from Innjoo. As I'm talking to you now, my Innjoo max just gave up yesterday. My guy warned me before I bought it o. I no hear word.

Story short, my battery went low yesterday and I plugged it in, went to check it after an hour, twas dead, not charging, tried oning it, if you see hotness eh..

I had to buy Tecno pop 2 plus after 5 engineers rejected it

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2020
Shebi my girl will not hear word when I told her not to buy the reborn of Nokia 3310 last year, she saw me using it and I told her that it was the original and that it cost a fortune, she said I was lying, that she saw it for 3500 naira somewhere, me I just lock up....

She couldn't even complain to me when the wahala started.... When she bought it, the first two things she noticed was the battery & network issues - Phone no go gree get network for most part of the day except you off and on it... Battery drains whether you use it or not! Sometimes it goes off for no reason - Me I stopped calling her because I no wan waste my airtime dey shout "hello, hello" like Adele o...

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by ecclize: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2020
Flytime:
why?
the Phone hangs alot and it off itself for no reason...
Nokia goof on this. i will be selling tyr phone very soon.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Homeboiy: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2020
Akaegwu:

Obi Worldphone SF1 was the one I used

Obi logo
Obi Worldphone is a company founded by former Apple CEO John Sculley. The company was originally named Obi Mobiles when it was founded in 2014. In 2015 the firm changed its name to Obi Worldphone. The company is targeting emerging markets through its low-cost smartphones running Google's Android operating system.

Strike back
Newdelhi
KingAzubuike

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nuelblakes: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2020
mine is bontel that phone show me shege
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by roldet804(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Mine is Gowin (even the name sounds like Godwin) .

First time I heard the name but still went ahead to buy it because it was cheap and the specs looked enticing. That was around 2013.

Well to cut the story short, the phone gave me a whole lot of problem within 24hrs. They even write 3G for the manual but e no get 3g o.

I bought it for 30k, 2 days later I had to sell it to computer village boys for 12k. The ones that even bought it 12k tried. Some wicked souls were pricing it 5k lol. I just accepted my loss and moved on. I no fit dey use something wey go dey give me frustration coz it wouldn't be long before I smash it on the floor out of anger so it was better I quickly sold it for whatever price.

mine was a refurbished lenovo with tecno software

brodas and sistas i soffarrrrred

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Daviestunech(m): 9:01am On Jun 08, 2020
moshuur:
Imose tab....I swear d stupid phone frustrated my life

Lol...I was waiting for someone to mention this... bought the tab 30k sold for 5k Nd na 3k I see collect self

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by clancymiim(f): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2020
You see gionee p5 mini. That phone was made to annoy you
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Offpoint: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2020
Unserious:
Zzapo... It never came
Lol, knew someone who had that phone... I factory reset almost every day. I come dey run if I see the girl.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by speed99: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2020
Tellit, around 2005. Took quite a while to know the workings. Oppson, sleek and totally useless in storage(2013)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Some Of The Most Ridiculous Selfies Ever Shared By Nigerian Youths Online (pics) / 10-Year-Old Italian Girl Accidentally Kills Herself By Trying Tiktok Challenge / New Mtn Night Plan ; Get 500mb For Just N25, 4gb For N200, 10gb For N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.