Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (9017 Views)

Why Did GOD Create Satan / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

You're welcome.

I'll recommend AMP

Hope you're good sha

Yeah I am.
Thank you.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Oluromantic:
Well I know many people would want to bash me. Feel free. Aethist you're welcome. Different overknow denominations you're welcome. Personal bashers you're welcome to bash.

But my answer to this question is

"...God is unquestionable..." Simple!
If this is true, how do Atheist exist.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
If this is true, how do Atheist exist.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by sonmvayina(m): 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
NB: I'm 100% Catholic, I'm not an Atheist
This is my full question:
Q1. If God is loving and all-knowing, then he wouldn't have created Satan. (does it mean that he is not all-knowing and loving?)
Q2. If he is all-knowing and created satan, then he is not loving as claimed in the bible. (does it mean that he is not loving?)
Q3. If God is loving but created satan, then he doesn't know all things (he is not the God we imagine). (does it mean that he doesn't know all things?)
Q4. If God decides not to know the outcome of a particular event as claimed by piccolobrunelli (does it mean that he is careless? That He doesn't care about what he is creating?)

There is no such thing as Satan... I guess your brain created such a being....

The power of the mind.. I live that book, same as think and grow rich.. Good books..
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Yeah I am.
Thank you.

If I may ask, which church do you attend?
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

If I may ask, which church do you attend?

RCCG.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

RCCG.

Alright
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by jiggaz(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Thanks Bro. God bless you.
You're welcome dear.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

Alright

You?
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Nope. Angels do not have free will. They are servants and are meant to only obey and operate only at God's command. That was why God sent Lucifer and other angels who rebelled by trying to have their own will out of his kingdom because they left their first estate which is obeying and doing only God's command and wanted to be doing what ever they wish. Its only human beings God gave free will to operate.

God created the angels for His use. He uses them as messengers for certain purposes he cannot use man cos he made man a little lower than angels so we don't don't possess the power and nature God gave the angels to operate with. But we have the will the angels do not have.

So Angels can only operate at Gods command, not of their own accord in other not to abuse the power they posses.

Look at another example of angels who left their firs estate and came down to mate with humans (operated of their own will) how it led to disaster. Their offspring were giants who were so powerful and began to eat human beings and destroy things. So God has a reason for not giving angels free will and power. He was careful to strike a balance there.

Also imagine if humans were given powers like the angels coupled with the free will, everyone will have been dead by now as people would want to destroy their fellow human beings at the slightest offence.

Shalom
But human still kill other humans, and it seems you don't know the story of the fallen angel.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

You?

RCCG too cool
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

RCCG too cool

Oh... I c.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Oh... I c.
Why did God created Satan.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Why did God created Satan.

Come o... shocked shocked shocked. Am I God? Lol... Ask Him. He's your maker too.

On a more serious note, God created Lucifer for His own pleasure. To minister songs to Him but along the line, Lucifer thought too highly of himself and was abased.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Come o... shocked shocked shocked. Am I God? Lol... Ask Him. He's your maker too.

On a more serious note, God created Lucifer for His own pleasure. To minister songs to Him but along the line, Lucifer thought too highly of himself and was abased.
Then why didn't God destroy him.

4 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

No.2 You claimed Angels don't have freewill, how did Lucifer rebel against God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Gaggii: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

According to the Bible, God did not create Satan. Instead he created the person that BECAME Satan. The same way a woman does not give birth to a thief but the child later grows to become one.

Deuteronomy 32:3-5 tells us "Perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he.”

This shows that Satan was perfect in the beginning just like other angels. At John 8:44 Jesus says Satan did not "stand fast in the truth" or "abode not in the truth" according to King James version. This means at one point Satan was in the truth. But that later changed? Why?

God did not create the angels and humans like robots. He gave us free will. By choosing to do something which was the opposite of God's will, that formerly perfect angel made himself Satan which means Resister.

Please read Genesis 3:1-5 and Revelation 12:9.

The point remains he already knew he would become satan

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Gaggii: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

Yes God is omniscient. He knows it all. However, if you had the best singing voice in the world, would you sing 24/7 just because you can? You will still decide when to sing and what to sing. God has impeccable self control. So he can decide not to know the outcome of a particular event. If he knew that the angel he made would become Satan and that he will deceive the first human couple and subject mankind to thousands of years of unspeakable suffering AND HE STILL WENT AHEAD TO MAKE THAT ANGEL, then that would be most unloving and wicked.

But the Bible tells us different. God is love.

So he no no say he go turn to Satan...kip confusing yourself...religion and foolishness na 5 and 6

8 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

Yes God is omniscient. He knows it all. However, if you had the best singing voice in the world, would you sing 24/7 just because you can? You will still decide when to sing and what to sing. God has impeccable self control. So he can decide not to know the outcome of a particular event. If he knew that the angel he made would become Satan and that he will deceive the first human couple and subject mankind to thousands of years of unspeakable suffering AND HE STILL WENT AHEAD TO MAKE THAT ANGEL, then that would be most unloving and wicked.

But the Bible tells us different. God is love.
Omniscient means to know all things, even things that doesn't exist, even things that haven't yet happen and things that will never happen.

An Omniscient is so knowledgeable that they know how to get 2+2 = 79.

Going by the Bible, then God is not Omniscient.

4 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Gaggii: 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
Did God create satan on purpose?

Nobody understand Gods way..thats why he is God...just believe his existence and appreciate his grace and mercy.

He still baffles me why neither God nor any of his prophet never condemned slavery in Quran and Bible...till Abraham Lincoln come later abolished slavery. But who born my father to question Gods audacity.

The fact remains some question cannot be answered, religious people go just dey use scope and still dey contradict themselves.
They will say he his omniscience, they will still claim we have freewill...instead of them to admit that the question his beyond their understandings

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gaggii:

So he no no say he go turn to Satan...kip confusing yourself...religion and foolishness na 5 and 6
If God truly was omnipotent, he will simply go back in time and change the past.

But he brought a flood, sacrificed his son, did many stupi.d things, and then regretted he created humans making him look weak and powerless.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gaggii:

Nobody understand Gods way..thats why he is God...just believe his existence and appreciate his grace and mercy.

He still baffles me why neither God nor any of his prophet never condemned slavery in Quran and Bible...till Abraham Lincoln come later abolished slavery. But who born my father to question Gods audacity.

The fact remains some question cannot be answered, religious people go just dey use scope and still dey contradict themselves.
They will say he his omniscience, they will still claim we have freewill...instead of them to admit that the question his beyond their understandings
We as human should never stop asking questions, because when we do we will never progress.

Sometimes I look at reality TV shows, big brother Nigeria, and wonder why humans are not concerned about the world they live in, most people don't know the name of the Galaxy the earth is located in, heck, most people don't know what a Galaxy is.

This is the fault of religion, it stops people from using their brain, it stops people from asking questions.

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Gaggii: 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
We as human should never stop asking questions, because when we do we will never progress.

Sometimes I look at reality TV shows, big brother Nigeria, and wonder why humans are not concerned about the world they live in, most people don't know the name of the Galaxy the earth is located in, heck, most people don't know what a Galaxy is.

This is the fault of religion, it stops people from using their brain, it stops people from asking questions.

If you want a clarification on somethings we learned from religion, you will end up seeing religion as a scam...because there are many contradictions in religion.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gaggii:

If you want a clarification on somethings we learned from religion, you will end up seeing religion as a scam...because there are many contradictions in religion.
Indoctrination isn't learning.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Primesky(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
Eulalia:

Nope. Angels do not have free will. They are servants and are meant to only obey and operate only at God's command. That was why God sent Lucifer and other angels who rebelled by trying to have their own will out of his kingdom because they left their first estate which is obeying and doing only God's command and wanted to be doing what ever they wish. Its only human beings God gave free will to operate.

God created the angels for His use. He uses them as messengers for certain purposes he cannot use man cos he made man a little lower than angels so we don't don't possess the power and nature God gave the angels to operate with. But we have the will the angels do not have.

So Angels can only operate at Gods command, not of their own accord in other not to abuse the power they posses.

Look at another example of angels who left their firs estate and came down to mate with humans (operated of their own will) how it led to disaster. Their offspring were giants who were so powerful and began to eat human beings and destroy things. So God has a reason for not giving angels free will and power. He was careful to strike a balance there.

Also imagine if humans were given powers like the angels coupled with the free will, everyone will have been dead by now as people would want to destroy their fellow human beings at the slightest offence.

Shalom

If your position is true, then Lucifer wouldn't have fallen. Again, why do you think that some angels agreed to follow Lucifer's opinion and offer while others didn't?. I believe they were made to strictly follow instructions and commandments of God, but not as robots. The fact that Lucifer and some angels made a 'choice', which ultimately led to their fall should let us know that they can reason and choose as well.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by sonmvayina(m): 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
I want to suggest something... Let us take out Satan from the equation..the narrative becomes clearer. I don't really know how he affect the equation.. If God says yes, the final outcome will be Yes, if God says No the final out come will be No.. ALL power belongs to God..so says Peter in his epistle.

I wonder where Christians get the power they give to Satan..

So since Satan has no effect on the final outcome.. Why introduce it into the equation, for all I care Satan =0...

If you do good God blesses you, if you do evil he punishes you.. He expects you to learn from your mistake, pick yourself up and keep moving. Confess your evil, forsake it and he will forgive and remember your sin NO MORE..

There was never any need for Jesus or Satan in the equation.. NEVER.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Primesky(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
ghettokid1:
Q1. If God is loving and all-knowing, then he wouldn't have created Satan. (does it mean that he is not all-knowing and loving?)
Q2. If he is all-knowing and created satan, then he is not loving as claimed in the bible. (does it mean that he is not loving?)
Q3. If God is loving but created satan, then he doesn't know all things (he is not the God we imagine). (does it mean that he doesn't know all things?)
Q4. If God decides not to know the outcome of a particular event as claimed by piccolobrunelli (does it mean that he is careless? That He doesn't care about what he is creating?)

Just because things are not the way you think they should be, shouldn't make you begin to question God's omniscience. His ways are far higher than ours, and we can NEVER know all of it and understand all if it. It remains the exclusive reserve of God. Give him that respect.

I can not say that I know why things happened the way they did. One thing I've come to know is that our reasoning, no matter how smart and sensible it might be, stands no chance against God's wisdom. Job had that experience when after his postulations which made sense, he become silent when God began questioning him.

However, I do know that before anything happens, God already knows about it from the very beginning, for as far as God is concerned, everything that shall play out in this world is like a recorded movie for him, no surprises whatsoever, but dealing with rational, conscious humans and angels, we have to choose. God knows that if you go this way or that, you will perish or be saved. He tells you about the danger. I know you will say why doesn't he stop you from the danger, I can't tell. It's like asking a father, since you know that fire can burn your child's hand, why do you light it in the first place, the father or mother understands the fire and what it can do, and warns the child not to go near it. If the child sturbornly goes after the fire, would you say to the parents why do you have fire in your house in the first place, assuming they didn't keep it carelessly?. There are many examples one can give about it. But I know God can never be wrong, neither can his omnifisciency be denied, the devils don't deny it, why should we then question it, because we don't know it?.

Take this. The things we now know or think we know are nothing compared to the things we're yet to know. Neither does any creature, angels inclusive, know everything and every reason behind the works of God. If he's God to you, then trust what he says, the moment you understand everything about him, which of cause is impossible, will he still be God?.

Take a look at these two passages of scripture

1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

The things which were made manifest at this time where already ordained even before the foundation of the world. Can someone who has no idea of the future do this, how did he know their will be need for it?.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In the eyes of men Jesus died a little over two thousand years ago, but it was a settled matter even before God created the world, how?. It means he knew of the sin problem, and quickly arranged a solution for it. No angel knew about this until the moment came, and even after he made the promise in the garden of Eden, Satan had no idea how it will be done. Avoiding a path because theirs a challenge is some worth a sign of powerlessness against that challenge. What I understand in all of it is that, God doesn't back down because he sees a problem ahead, He goes on and defeats that problem.

This is my understanding of it. God is omnipotent, and omniscient. He is not threatened by no body, Satan the arch enemy had to take permission from him to test Job to prove a point. God doesn't fight the devil, he intervains for man's sake. Where have you heard or read that God was in battle with Satan?, it's angels, men and servants of God that use God's power to deal with him. A 6 year old child can cast out the devil by simple faith and trust in God's name.

God will destroy Satan in His own time and choosing, the devils also know this. So the sovereignty of God over time and space is not questionable at all.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2020
Primesky:
[s]

Just because things are not the way you think they should be, shouldn't make you begin to question God's omniscience. His ways are far higher than ours, and we can NEVER know all of it and understand all if it. It remains the exclusive reserve of God. Give him that respect.

I can not say that I know why things happened the way they did. One thing I've come to know is that our reasoning, no matter how smart and sensible it might be, stands no chance against God's wisdom. Job had that experience when after his postulations which made sense, he become silent when God began questioning him.

However, I do know that before anything happens, God already knows about it from the very beginning, for as far as God is concerned, everything that shall play out in this world is like a recorded movie for him, no surprises whatsoever, but dealing with rational, conscious humans and angels, we have to choose. God knows that if you go this way or that, you will perish or be saved. He tells you about the danger. I know you will say why doesn't he stop you from the danger, I can't tell. It's like asking a father, since you know that fire can burn your child's hand, why do you light it in the first place, the father or mother understands the fire and what it can do, and warns the child not to go near it. If the child sturbornly goes after the fire, would you say to the parents why do you have fire in your house in the first place, assuming they didn't keep it carelessly?. There are many examples one can give about it. But I know God can never be wrong, neither can his omnifisciency be denied, the devils don't deny it, why should we then question it, because we don't know it?.

Take this. The things we now know or think we know are nothing compared to the things we're yet to know. Neither does any creature, angels inclusive, know everything and every reason behind the works of God. If he's God to you, then trust what he says, the moment you understand everything about him, which of cause is impossible, will he still be God?.

Take a look at these two passages of scripture

1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

The things which were made manifest at this time where already ordained even before the foundation of the world. Can someone who has no idea of the future do this, how did he know their will be need for it?.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In the eyes of men Jesus died a little over two thousand years ago, but it was a settled matter even before God created the world, how?. It means he knew of the sin problem, and quickly arranged a solution for it. No angel knew about this until the moment came, and even after he made the promise in the garden of Eden, Satan had no idea how it will be done. Avoiding a path because theirs a challenge is some worth a sign of powerlessness against that challenge. What I understand in all of it is that, God doesn't back down because he sees a problem ahead, He goes on and defeats that problem.

This is my understanding of it. God is omnipotent, and omniscient. He is not threatened by no body, Satan the arch enemy had to take permission from him to test Job to prove a point. God doesn't fight the devil, he intervains for man's sake. Where have you heard or read that God was in battle with Satan?, it's angels, men and servants of God that use God's power to deal with him. A 6 year old child can cast out the devil by simple faith and trust in God's name.

God will destroy Satan in His own time and choosing, the devils also know this. So the sovereignty of God over time and space is not questionable at all. [/s]
God is a failure, an omnipotent that a little Satan spoiled the creation he intended to create.

He should be called Omni Impotent, dude being failing since creation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2020
sonmvayina:
I want to suggest something... Let us take out Satan from the equation..the narrative becomes clearer. I don't really know how he affect the equation.. If God says yes, the final outcome will be Yes, if God says No the final out come will be No.. ALL power belongs to God..so says Peter in his epistle.

I wonder where Christians get the power they give to Satan..

So since Satan has no effect on the final outcome.. Why introduce it into the equation, for all I care Satan =0...

If you do good God blesses you, if you do evil he punishes you.. He expects you to learn from your mistake, pick yourself up and keep moving. Confess your evil, forsake it and he will forgive and remember your sin NO MORE..

There was never any need for Jesus or Satan in the equation.. NEVER.
The removal of Satan contradict the creation story, the removal of Jesus contradict the salvation story.

A religion shouldn't be built on contradiction.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by IamMichael(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2020
jiggaz:
God did not create satan. He created Lucifer, which was one of the most beautiful beings and highest ranking angels. Lucifer fell and he became satan. God is not the author of evil... We live in a fallen world. A perfect world is coming soonest for believers in Christ.

When you buy a car, say Toyota Hilux, and you discover immediately that it has faults, what do you do? grin

4 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by IamMichael(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2020
ghettokid1:
Your questions can best be answered with this simple Omnipotence Paradox:

"
1) Can Yahweh/Jehovah create a stone so heavy that even he cannot lift it?"

If he can create such a stone but can't lift it, he is not omnipotence.
If he cannot create such a stone, he is also not omnipotence.

• If the said god you are referring to created Satan and didn't know that the said Satan will corrupt his creation, then he is not all-knowing.
• If the said god knows about Satan, gave the Satan the powers he has and knew that he will corrupt his creation but allowed it, then the god is complicit and careless.
• If the said god decides to blame the creation for being faulty, he as the creator is to be held 100% responsible for it.
• If the said Satan is still roaming free after committing the alleged heinous act against the said god's creation, then it means the god is powerless against this Satan.

• If the said god decides to come down to earth to save his creation through a redemption package by dying, here is another paradox:
"Can the god sacrifice himself to himself to redeem his creation for himself knowing well that the sacrifice means total death?"
If you sacrifice yourself to yourself and refused to stay dead, will that be counted as a sacrifice?
If you 100% knew the outcome of an event, will you call it a risk?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Dantedasz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

This is the fault of religion, it stops people from using their brain, it stops people from asking questions

LOL!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Story Of Joseph And His Coat Of Many Colors / Yasir Quadhi: Problems With The Preservation Of The Quran / Some Occultic Signs And Symbols We Use,wear E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.