Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (8994 Views)

Why Did GOD Create Satan / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 11:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Dantedasz:
@ ghettokid1,
Wow! Thank you for this wonderful sunday church service. I am really having a good time on this your thread. Christian's are hilarious!
cheesy cheesy
You re welcome bro
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Do you still teach? Did you worship God today?
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by StubbornGENIUS: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Do you still teach? Did you worship God today?

Ive worshipped God today.

Teach in Sunday school? Mmm... Being a while though bit I wish to continue some day. The place I'm currently worshiping @ is a new place and they already have teachers though that is not an excuse as the pastors have given me go ahead to be taking classes but i don't know why I'm being reluctant.

I'm eyeing the choir though. so don't want to jampack duties like I did in my former parish grin. They squeezed me dry. From Sunday school, to choir, to sermon ( sometimes). But I was blessed in the course of doing it. So no regrets.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by StubbornGENIUS: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Teach in Sunday school? Mmm... Being a while though bit I wish to continue some day. The place I'm currently worshiping @ is a new place and they already have teachers though that is not an excuse as the pastors have given me go ahead to be taking classes but i don't know why I'm being reluctant.

I'm eyeing the choir though. so don't want to jampack duties like I did in my former parish grin. They squeezed me dry. From Sunday school, to choir, to sermon ( sometimes). But I was blessed in the course of doing it. So no regrets.
Oh you moved to a new place.Always know there are many rewards for working in the LORD's vineyard.UDO!!
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Oh you moved to a new place.Always know there are many rewards for working in the LORD's vineyard.UDO!!

Yeah sure. cheesy
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Oluromantic: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Lol... grin
Yes o.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Abeg enlighten us small about the topic na
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by LordReed(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shelumiel:
The answer is freewill.

Why do you lock the doors of your house? You should have left it open to let thieves come in to express their freewill.

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Daejoyoung:

So in other words, God chose not to know what satan would do in the future when he created satan. Does it mean he simply chose not to look into satan's future?

God had morals. He is just, impartial, loving, kind and merciful. As such any exercising of his power to foreknow the future would never conflict with his morals.

Why create perfect angels and expect obedience from them when you already know one of them will go rogue and corrupt other angels? Why create Adam and Eve and tell them what do be obedient and avoid the tree of the knowledge of good and bad when he already knew they will disobey? Why give the Israelite laws to live by when he knew they will ultimately reject it...even go to the extent as killing his own son? Is everything happening on earth merely a rerun of what God has already seen?

Just because God chooses not to do something does not mean he can't do it.

If the Creator of mankind had indeed exercised his power to foreknow all that history has seen since man’s creation, then the full weight of all the wickedness thereafter resulting was deliberately set in motion by God when he spoke the words: “Let us make man.”
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

1. Meaning that God is careless?
2. Meaning that God is not ominiscient?

God had morals. He is just, impartial, loving, kind and merciful. As such any exercising of his power to foreknow the future would never conflict with his morals.

Why create perfect angels and expect obedience from them when you already know one of them will go rogue and corrupt other angels? Why create Adam and Eve and tell them what do be obedient and avoid the tree of the knowledge of good and bad when he already knew they will disobey? Why give the Israelite laws to live by when he knew they will ultimately reject it...even go to the extent as killing his own son? Is everything happening on earth merely a rerun of what God has already seen?

Just because God chooses not to do something does not mean he can't do it.

If the Creator of mankind had indeed exercised his power to foreknow all that history has seen since man’s creation, then the full weight of all the wickedness thereafter resulting was deliberately set in motion by God when he spoke the words: “Let us make man.”
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Nope. Angels do not have free will. They are servants and are meant to only obey and operate only at God's command. That was why God sent Lucifer and other angels who rebelled by trying to have their own will out of his kingdom because they left their first estate which is obeying and doing only God's command and wanted to be doing what ever they wish. Its only human beings God gave free will to operate.

God created the angels for His use. He uses them as messengers for certain purposes he cannot use man cos he made man a little lower than angels so we don't don't possess the power and nature God gave the angels to operate with. But we have the will the angels do not have.

So Angels can only operate at Gods command, not of their own accord in other not to abuse the power they posses.

Look at another example of angels who left their firs estate and came down to mate with humans (operated of their own will) how it led to disaster. Their offspring were giants who were so powerful and began to eat human beings and destroy things. So God has a reason for not giving angels free will and power. He was careful to strike a balance there.

Also imagine if humans were given powers like the angels coupled with the free will, everyone will have been dead by now as people would want to destroy their fellow human beings at the slightest offence.

Shalom

You're a Sunday school teacher, no wonder grin grin grin

Great contributions.

I have a contrary opinion to a statement in your post. it's not directly related to the thread, so I don't want to digress, but with your permission, I'll post it
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Shelumiel: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

Does that mean that he is not loving?
He is loving which is why He gave freewill. And lastly, God gave Lucifer freewill to do as he pleased even though He knew Lucifer would rebel.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

Great contributions.

I have a contrary opinion to a statement in your post. it's not directly related to the thread, so I don't want to digress, but with your permission, I'll post it

My dear please do with all pleasure anytime you have any contrary view to my comments or post cheesy
Im very open to criticism and correction. No man is a custodian of knowledge grin. We learn from one another every day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

Great contributions.

Thanks for the compliment. smiley
Oya share your contrary view. I'm all eyes and ears cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

Abeg enlighten us small about the topic na

grin.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Thanks for the compliment. smiley
Oya share your contrary view. I'm all eyes and ears cheesy

You said 'God created man a little lower than the angels'. You quoted Psalms 8:5 there.

I'm sure that you are aware that some words were lost during the translation of the Bible. Psalms 8:5 is one of such. The word 'angels' in that particular verse is rendered as 'Elohim' in the original Hebrew context. Elohim means God. If you're able to get older versions of KJV, you'll see the word 'God' used instead of 'angels'. You don't need to look too far sef, grin You can check AMP, it's there (Personally, I prefer AMP because it retains the original renditions of words, translating them in simpler form and also ensuring that their meanings are not lost)

So, God created man a little lower than himself but higher than angels.

Let's look at another reference.

Hebrews 1:14 Amp: Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?

Angels are to minister to us, they are to attend to our needs. In fact, they obey our commands (just as they obey that of The Father).

I'll end with this, we may not have the kind of power they have per say, but we have a much more greater power, they are subject to our commands.

Apostle Paul added another twist to it. You should check it out in 1 Corinthians 6:3

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by TruthHurts100: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
Did God create satan on purpose?

Does anyone give birth to a thief?

Reason am.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shelumiel:
The answer is freewill.

Ehn Loool

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Daejoyoung:

So in other words, God chose not to know what satan would do in the future when he created satan. Does it mean he simply chose not to look into satan's future?

You mean, if he chose to ignore it? If he knows it all, there's no way he can simply choose to look away.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Does anyone give birth to a thief?
Reason am.
We are not God na, we no dey see tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by oluwaahmed: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
The truth is that questions like this will continue to perplex the human mind and won't make any sense no matter the explanation because we are devoid of knowledge. The 4 gospels cannot explain this to you, because there are other gospels where Jesus himself explains all this phenomena. For E.g the tower of babel didn't make sense to me until got brought me into knowledge by studying the various gospels according to the apostles which were deliberately not added in the bible.
Another example; the tree of Life & the tree of knowledge. Why did God create the tree of knowledge & life in the first place? Why did he even put man there and tell him not to eat of it? Did he know that man would eat it? Or not? If by eating it the world would eventually be destroyed by flood why put man close to it? Also why would a "God" build a tree that will grant eternal life to man? Did he create man to die? All these unanswered questions are what drove many Christians to atheism.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by TruthHurts100: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

We are not God na, we no dey see tomorrow

God is holy... He does not create anything that is bad. He lovingly gave all his creatures a choice to choose between good and bad.
That angel chose to do evil things and he became Satan. Research the meaning of that name, Satan.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by jiggaz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Jiggaz.
God did not create satan. He created Lucifer, which was one of the most beautiful beings and highest ranking angels. Lucifer fell and he became satan. God is not the author of evil... We live in a fallen world. A perfect world is coming soonest for believers in Christ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
TruthHurts100:

God is holy... He does not create anything that is bad. He lovingly gave all his creatures a choice to choose between good and bad.
That angel chose to do evil things and he became Satan. Research the meaning of that name, Satan.
You still neva answer the question
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by TruthHurts100: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

You still neva answer the question

Which is?
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
NB: I'm 100% Catholic, I'm not an Atheist
This is my full question:
Q1. If God is loving and all-knowing, then he wouldn't have created Satan. (does it mean that he is not all-knowing and loving?)
Q2. If he is all-knowing and created satan, then he is not loving as claimed in the bible. (does it mean that he is not loving?)
Q3. If God is loving but created satan, then he doesn't know all things (he is not the God we imagine). (does it mean that he doesn't know all things?)
Q4. If God decides not to know the outcome of a particular event as claimed by piccolobrunelli (does it mean that he is careless? That He doesn't care about what he is creating?)

Seun
Lalasticlala
OAM4J
Kobojunkie
Fergie001
Perfecttouchade
SouthNigerian
Shelumiel
Lordisaac
Oluromantic
Piccolobrunelli
Primesky
Daejoyoung
Dantedasz
Eulalia
StubbornGENIUS
Lordreed
Aelai
Truthhurts100
Fieryy
Oluwaahmed
Jiggaz

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
Q1. If God is loving and all-knowing, then he wouldn't have created Satan. (does it mean that he is not all-knowing and loving?)

Q2. If he is all-knowing and created satan, then he is not loving as claimed in the bible. (does it mean that he is not loving?)

It stands to reason that only the god believers can say such an action is from a loving god. If you had a parent that behaved like that we would call the police to arrest such a person.

Q3. If God is loving but created satan, then he doesn't know all things (he is not the God we imagine). (does it mean that he doesn't know all things?)

Q4. If God decides not to know the outcome of a particular event as claimed by piccolobrunelli (does it mean that he is careless? That He doesn't care about what he is creating?)

If there is a god that knows all things then it is impossible for it to choose to not know about one event because all events are part of a chain. If as the god chooses not to know about an event but knows about all the resultant events from that one then he already knows about the causal event or at least know the results which is almost the same thing so what was the point in pretending? If on the other hand you say all the resultant event are also not going to be known then the god is not all knowing creating a contradiction.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
jiggaz:
God did not create satan. He created Lucifer, which was one of the most beautiful beings and highest ranking angels. Lucifer fell and he became satan. God is not the author of evil... We live in a fallen world. A perfect world is coming soonest for believers in Christ.

Thanks Bro. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
aelai:

You said 'God created man a little lower than the angels'. You quoted Psalms 8:5 there.

I'm sure that you are aware that some words were lost during the translation of the Bible. Psalms 8:5 is one of such. The word 'angels' in that particular verse is rendered as 'Elohim' in the original Hebrew context. Elohim means God. If you're able to get older versions of KJV, you'll see the word 'God' used instead of 'angels'. You don't need to look too far sef, grin You can check AMP, it's there (Personally, I prefer AMP because it retains the original renditions of words, translating them in simpler form and also ensuring that their meanings are not lost)

So, God created man a little lower than himself but higher than angels.

Let's look at another reference.

Hebrews 1:14 Amp: Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?

Angels are to minister to us, they are to attend to our needs. In fact, they obey our commands (just as they obey that of The Father).

I'll end with this, we may not have the kind of power they have per say, but we have a much more greater power, they are subject to our commands.

Apostle Paul added another twist to it. You should check it out in 1 Corinthians 6:3

Okeydokey then. Thanks for the heads up.
My pastors have told us to always study with different translations of the Bible still I don't listen.

Thanks dearie.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

Amongst other things, Love and being Omniscient is God's nature. Nothing can change that. Although we may choose to be ignorant.

One thing I can boldly tell you is that God knows the end of a thing from its very beginning. As humans, we may never get to understand why God allows certain things to happen. You need to know that.

I'll recommend that you read the book of 1st John. It'll help you understand more about God's love.

As regards Satan, others have done justice to it stating the fact that Lucifer was created but Satan was made (as a result of his actions).
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by aelai: 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Okeydokey then. Thanks for the heads up.
My pastors have told us to always study with different translations of the Bible still I don't listen.

Thanks dearie.

You're welcome.
I'll recommend AMP

which church do you attend?

Hope you're good sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? / Bishop Simeon Borokini Rejects RUGA In South West / Afghan Lady Stoned To Death For Adultery While The Man Got Caned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.