Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,120 members, 7,860,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (106502 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 12:39am On Mar 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

What's my thing, sis?  Please do tell.  I am loosy-goosey and welcome all comments.  cheesy

You thing is that part wey I wan waya badly
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 25, 2011
^ How could I forget Ajan? My dad banned us from watching the rest of the series after my kid brother memorised all Ajan and Abija incantations. The old man no sabi say VCR dey record even when the TV is on standby  grin. So we'd put the TV on standby and record and watch on Monday afternoon, great times  grin grin grin grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 25, 2011
@ DK , you dey craze o , kosi inu tani? Abeg I no wan born ebora  grin. That song was from Koto Orun right?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 25, 2011
Haba !!! stranger ode rora, shey na aja carry u go amerika? I wish my family was rich, i for no suffer like i suffered but well sha we thank God
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 12:55am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

^ How could I forget Ajan? My dad banned us from watching the rest of the series after my kid brother memorised all Ajan and Abija incantations. The old man no sabi say VCR dey record even when the TV is on standby  grin. So we'd put the TV on standby and record and watch on Monday afternoon, great times  grin grin grin grin

hahahahaha.  My dad ALWAYS loved to spoil our good times.  I remember him walking in to our sitting room one night and he saw me and my sisters mesmerised by the tv watching an American oyinbo tv-movie, right where the woman was telling her boyfriend/husband that she was going to get freaky with her boss so they could have money.  shocked  We were too young to get what was really going on.  We barely understood the mumbling American accent.  My dad turns off the tv and tells us all to go to bed.  Of course, my rebellious sister decides, Hell, no!  We go to our room but she decides to turn on the little tv in the bedroom.  I never watched a tv in fear for my life before.  grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:00am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

Now you gone all Americana on me, werin be the bolded?

It means whatever you want it to mean. tongue I think it just means "relaxed" or whatnot.

Your thing?  . . . . . . . watch this space  grin

I will give another story about my dad interfering, and almost ruining my life, shortly. angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 25, 2011
^ So you  be softy after all! There was a time B.C.O.S would air Indian movies on Saturday nights, my dad would just decide to spoil show and order us to bed. Of course we'd go to bed and return 20 mins later and one of us would be on standby remote control duty, if a fly so much buzzes, the TV is switched off from the remote and we'd all be as quiet as mice until the coast is clear
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 25, 2011
Nibo? Omo Ibadan ke? Went to Sec schl in Ibadan. I be Awori ponbele
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:16am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

^ So you  be softy after all!

Oh, I was tough, but that was more of a defensive thing.  Either way, that stuff didn't fly at my house. In fact, the only time I remember my dad ever caning me, was when he saw me about to get into a fight with some kid across the street - I think the brat was gonna beat up my mouthy and rebellious witch of a sister.  One Two Three flog to the hand.  Gadammit dad!  In front of the whole damn street?!  Damn!  embarassed

But I was a good kid.  No worries.  cheesy

There was a time B.C.O.S would air Indian movies on Saturday nights, my dad would just decide to spoil show and order us to bed. Of course we'd go to bed and return 20 mins later and one of us would be on standby remote control duty, if a fly so much buzzes, the TV is switched off from the remote and we'd all be as quiet as mice until the coast is clear

That's funny.  The one form of entertainment my dad never scoffed about were the Indian movies we loved to watch.  cool Did you know they never even kissed in those movies?  Just a lot of lovey-dovey staring and singing and dancing and beautiful costumes!  Often the bad man would make trouble for the good guy, who would do this unrealistic and gravity-defying stunts.   Good times!  grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 25, 2011
^ I've always said that the 80s were the best. Great TV shows, correct music and most people were still sane. Now, it takes a degree of madness to survive naija lipsrsealed
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:26am On Mar 25, 2011
fstranger3:

YOu could do that then?

You must have come from a rich family.

We no even get TV then, na so we go dey watch am for neighbor house lalale Sunday on their Whte and Black grin. Omo, iya je mi mehn, no be small thing. Now, I no  even get time to watch TV sef. Levels don change mehn!

cry cry cry Somebody needs a hug. Oya, naijababe, that's your role.  tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:30am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

^ I've always said that the 80s were the best. Great TV shows, correct music and most people were still sane. Now, it takes a degree of madness to survive naija  lipsrsealed

What to blame it on?  Internet?  Copy-copy of things our people don't fully understand?  Each generation says that about the one after them.

Edited to Add: If you haven't already gone to bed, naijababe, i feel one more story about my dad and the boy next door i had a huge crush on coming up.  Let me just wipe the tears so I can see clearly enough to type.  grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 25, 2011
TK has gone commercial jare, I saw Arugba about a year ago and was so disappointed! Correct Yoruba movies these days na hit and miss
@ Isale, if I give stranger hug now, he'll ask for the credibility of the hug na, so make i just dey jeje.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 25, 2011
Okay this story I definitely want to hear sitting comfortably with a glass of juice, ears pruned
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:36am On Mar 25, 2011
hahahaha. I changed my mind. grin It's my prerogative. tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Kilode1: 1:37am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

Used to be a Ninja back in the day, then I became a bible thumper in the nineties, now I'm a self confessed deist. Don't really feel like i need to worship anything but if the bug bites me in the future, I'll consider Ifa or Osun.[/b]

Iba fun awon Iya mi!

Ifa a fun yin she!

LOL@ Koledowo, Oyiboyi and co.  kai, nostalgia!

isale_gan2:

We go to our room but she decides to turn on the little tv in the bedroom.  I never watched a tv in fear for my life before.  grin

What a privileged childhood still, Satellite TV too? wink
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

hahahaha. I changed my mind. grin It's my prerogative. tongue
Now that's just wicked, after i don carry water wash sleep comot fr my face eh? God dey

What a privileged childhood still, Satellite TV too?

Haaaa kilode?! Quite unlike you to miss a memo, i see you missed the one on Isale's ajebosness

Ifa a fun yin she!

A wi she o cool
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:46am On Mar 25, 2011
O ya, Kilode.  Tell us a story about "the one that got away."  

I will tell about the nice Ibo boy next door.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=624742.msg7930999#msg7930999 (Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away)
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:51am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

Now that's just wicked, after i don carry water wash sleep comot fr my face eh? God dey

Bwahahahahahahahahahehehehehhohohohohoho.  lol.

Psyched!!!

. . . i see you missed the one on Isale's ajebosness

Sounds like a mixture of ajebutter and amebo. 

Anyway, I ain't no ajebutter and I sure wasn't privileged. Far from it.  That little tv was. . .  stolen!  Yup, that's right.  We were outlaws!  tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:52am On Mar 25, 2011
Okay, sis. I dey compose am. Get ready to shed tears o.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Kilode1: 1:55am On Mar 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

O ya, Kilode.  Tell us a story about "the one that got away."  

I will tell about the nice Ibo boy next door.

None of them got away!   cool grin

Ibo boy? no let warriors catch you with that one o! cheesy

@naijababe, Isale cannot deny she grew up as an extreme Ajebuta. . . Planta on Yam, Nasco inside school bag. . .probably went to Aunty Ayo prep or Home Science School on the Island tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 25, 2011
^ Abi o when some of us went to Jakande school for Papa Ashafa grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:06am On Mar 25, 2011
Kilode?!:

@naijababe, Isale cannot deny she grew up as an extreme Ajebuta. . . Planta on Yam, Nasco inside school bag. . .probably went to Aunty Ayo prep or Home Science School on the Island tongue

Planta?  Was that the margarine or the butter?  I hated margarine.  Yuck!  Yeah,  We bought our butter from UTC or Leventis, where we also got those addicting England comics with the cute girlie stories (not the violent marvel or DC comic ones from America - except Little Lotta or Richie Rich).  hehehehe. Sometimes, each of the girls would have her own butter. Cos you know, butter is so awesome.  tongue

naijababe:

^ Abi o when some of us went to Jakande school for Papa Ashafa  grin

But I went to the worst schools, mehn!  The closest muslim primary school within walking distance.  And, I could vomit thinking about my secondary school.  angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 25, 2011
But I went to the worst schools, mehn! The closest muslim primary school within walking distance. And, I could vomit thinking about my secondary school.

Eeeewwwoooo!!! come see defence o. Don't worry eh, your secret is safe with us tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:20am On Mar 25, 2011
But I am glad for the experience. Trust me, one thing I wouldn't blow my hard-earned money on, is sending my kids to some high-faluting prep school. That crap is eating through people's checkbook like you wouldn't believe.

Seriously I went to regular schools. And I actually liked my primary school. Once I beat the living daylights out of a bully, everything was copacetic! My secondary school was fine, despite some unbelievably outrageously crappy things. angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Kilode1: 2:21am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

^ Abi o when some of us went to Jakande school for Papa Ashafa grin

or Ajangbadi secondary school for Okokomaiko. grin grin

fstranger3:

Are those schools that good, especially Home Science?

Have heard a lot about Home Science but dont know where the heck it is!

Not sure about now, but they are not new like the Dansols, Adesoye, Olashore or Atlantic halls that we now have.

Aunty Ayo Prep and co were for Old Money people. dunno about now though.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 2:29am On Mar 25, 2011
naijababe:

VCR for where?

Our own TV na one big Black and white that had doors like wardrobe. Who remembers that TV here?

Me I be pakororo

naijababe:

@ DK , you dey craze o , kosi inu tani? Abeg I no wan born ebora  grin. That song was from Koto Orun right?

Crazily in love with you.
naijababe:

^ So you  be softy after all! There was a time B.C.O.S would air Indian movies on Saturday nights, my dad would just decide to spoil show and order us to bed. Of course we'd go to bed and return 20 mins later and one of us would be on standby remote control duty, if a fly so much buzzes, the TV is switched off from the remote and we'd all be as quiet as mice until the coast is clear

I must be in bed by 10 else na beating.

The following morning my friends in school would tell me the movies on show last night usually chinese with Actor and Boss. The guy could narrate one movie for a week, He would even draw the actors and each of their fight scenes.

Through him I knew Bruce Lee one on one

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (101)

Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) / How To Check If Your Sim Is Registered: Mtn; Glo; Etisalat; Airtel. / Massive Female Python Killed In Apapa - Conoil Fueling Station (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.