Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism (41444 Views)

‘you Can’t Question A Player Like Griezmann’ – Lloris Hits Back At Criticism / Mane Forgets About Black Lives Matter Kneel As He Dashes Into Everton's Half / Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by miket2(m): 3:46am On Jun 09, 2020
God bless Anthony Joshua and John Boyega , Yoruba warriors we do not fear any white man , we wont allow them to treat or talk to us anyhow
That is why they are both top earners in their respective fields

Cowards and the meek can never reach the position that these two fine Yoruba strong warrior men have reached , it is not a coincidence that they are there

Fela Kuti was abusing whites any how on his records and yet he had more white fans than any African musician at the time

Go and look on youtube Wole Soyinka is there lecturing whites in their country telling them that his first impression of them was that they all smelled and yet it was whites that gave him the highest award in literature

Yorubas dont fear whites , we speak freely , that is why they respect us

I am not a tribalist so I am not here to bash other tribes

All I know is Yorubas are proudly black and proudly Yoruba , we are not begging any white man for anything

Those people that freely abuse people from other tribes at every opportunity but when they see white skin they will be begging , they will allow those whites to treat them anyhow , i hope you are watching

Yoruba are not noisemakers we give them hell in their own countries with no fear , men of action not empty chestbeaters that are only brave on computer
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Futuragetty: 5:29am On Jun 09, 2020
I don't understand why some dumb folks here are defending the whites. I have never left the shores of Nigeria, but White privilege does exist in America.

The statue of Edward Colston, a slave trader, stood tall in
the English city of Bristol for 127 years.

Last week, it was pulled down and thrown into the river by
residents and demonstrators that do not want anything to do
with their horrible past. That's is the way to start, liberation.
If you knew how the white plundered Africa, you would support this movement.

One day, we will revisit our twenty naira note, and that International Airport in Lagos.There are some symbolic signs that show a people that are ready for progress.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2020
tot:

Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Botham Jean...the list goes on. Yet some are here trying to find other reasons . Okay o, continue.
You know most of these guys were criminals? George went to jail 3 or 4 times..and the last one he was among armed robbers that broke into a pregnant woman's house and robbed her at gunpoint (infact George pointed the pistol to her protruding tummy!) you would have advocated for instant jungle justice were he a Nigerian...all of a sudden they've become martyrs because they died at the hand of a white cop?? Where was black lived matter when 40 black men were killed in a weekend in downtown Chicago? Infact it's a normal steady occurrence...the community hide these criminals (to avoid being called a snitch) and then wonder why they are in a constant run in with the police?

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 7:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

You know most of these guys were criminals? George went to jail 3 or 4 times..and the last one he was among armed robbers that broke into a pregnant woman's house and robbed her at gunpoint (infact George pointed the pistol to her protruding tummy!) you would have advocated for instant jungle justice were he a Nigerian...all of a sudden they've become martyrs because they died at the hand of a white cop?? Where was black lived matter when 40 black men were killed in a weekend in downtown Chicago? Infact it's a normal steady occurrence...the community hide these criminals (to avoid being called a snitch) and then wonder why they are in a constant run in with the police?

So that's the cheap excuse for them to be murdered? Are you seriously serious?

FYI, Botham worked for PWC and was killed inside his apartment. Breonna was an EMT, she was killed in her house. You guys should stop this nonsense.

Criminals should be sent to jail and not killed unjustly. George floyd committed a crime in 2009 and you are here justifying his murder in 2020. It is clear YOU have no value for human life.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 8:03am On Jun 09, 2020
miket2:
God bless Anthony Joshua and John Boyega , Yoruba warriors we do not fear any white man , we wont allow them to treat or talk to us anyhow
That is why they are both top earners in their respective fields

Cowards and the meek can never reach the position that these two fine Yoruba strong warrior men have reached , it is not a coincidence that they are there

Fela Kuti was abusing whites any how on his records and yet he had more white fans than any African musician at the time

Go and look on youtube Wole Soyinka is there lecturing whites in their country telling them that his first impression of them was that they all smelled and yet it was whites that gave him the highest award in literature

Yorubas dont fear whites , we speak freely , that is why they respect us

I am not a tribalist so I am not here to bash other tribes

All I know is Yorubas are proudly black and proudly Yoruba , we are not begging any white man for anything

Those people that freely abuse people from other tribes at every opportunity but when they see white skin they will be begging , they will allow those whites to treat them anyhow , i hope you are watching

Yoruba are not noisemakers we give them hell in their own countries with no fear , men of action not empty chestbeaters that are only brave on computer

I hope you realise there is no difference between the people AJ and John are criticizing in their speeches and you, based on what you've written here.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2020
tot:

So that's the cheap excuse for them to be murdered? Are you seriously serious?

FYI, Botham worked for PWC and was killed inside his apartment. Breonna was an EMT, she was killed in her house. You guys should stop this nonsense.

Criminals should be sent to jail and not killed unjustly. George floyd committed a crime in 2009 and you are here justifying his murder in 2020. It is clear YOU have no value for human life.
Emotions emotions! There were 19 white males killed by the police in 2019 and 9 black males but you don't see the whites carrying placards and justifying criminals...this is a matter of probability...there are 60% whites in America and 13% blacks...probability indicates that there will be more white males in the police departments...and that means more white cops will be in constant confrontation with black male offenders..this is probability backed up by hard cold fact! So you can't just paint every white cop killing (justified or unjustified) with a broad brush of racism! It's like the northerners being more in the army and saying because a northern army officer brutalised a southerner then it means tribalism? Can't you see the flaw in such a generalisation?
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Futuragetty:
I don't understand why some dumb folks here are defending the whites. I have never left the shores of Nigeria, but White privilege does exist in America.

The statue of Edward Colston, a slave trader, stood tall in
the English city of Bristol for 127 years.

Last week, it was pulled down and thrown into the river by
residents and demonstrators that do not want anything to do
with their horrible past. That's is the way to start, liberation.
If you knew how the white plundered Africa, you would support this movement.

One day, we will revisit our twenty naira note, and that International Airport in Lagos.There are some symbolic signs that show a people that are ready for progress.

If the igbos drowned themselves in Northern privilege and Nigeria's injustice then they would have never picked themselves up from the past and forged ahead to rebuild their communities! Victimhood never helps anyone! The biggest irony of white privilege is when a successful black woman like Oprah tells another black sister that she can't make it because she's black (then how did Oprah become a black female billionaire??) or when denzel Washington tells a black brother that white privilege will stop him from being successful in Hollywood (then how did denzel become rich and famous??) or when Ben Carson (the first surgeon to seperate combined twins at the skull) tells a black college student that he/she can't make it because of his skin color (then how did Ben rise to the top of his career in America??)...
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

Emotions emotions! There were 19 white males killed by the police in 2019 and 9 black males but you don't see the whites carrying placards and justifying criminals...this is a matter of probability...there are 60% whites in America and 13% blacks...probability indicates that there will be more white males in the police departments...and that means more white cops will be in constant confrontation with black male offenders..this is probability backed up by hard cold fact! So you can't just paint every white cop killing (justified or unjustified) with a broad brush of racism! It's like the northerners being more in the army and saying because a northern army officer brutalised a southerner then it means tribalism? Can't you see the flaw in such a generalisation?

Smh.

You've switched from they were criminals to the proportion of whites to blacks, what's going to be your next defence? I am ashamed of comments likes yours when I see them.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??
I am with you on this one its high time Africans come home and develop their continent
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2020
tot:

Smh.

You've switched from they were criminals to the proportion of whites to blacks, what's going to be your next defence? I am ashamed of comments likes yours when I see them.
I switched from the criminal aspect because you didn't want to admit that most of those guys were not stellar upright citizens...I decided to go down the factual and statistics road and yet you still avoid it? You don't want facts based points just emotional driven ones?

Famous black men have been killed in the past..Tupac amaru Shakur and Christopher Wallace...and in recent memory nipsey hussle was gunned down by a black man! How many of you protesterd on the streets against black on black violence? What message does that pass to the teeming black youth? I mentioned that dozens of black men are killed EVERY weekend by fellow black men and nobody does anything about it EXCEPT the police of course..yet the police are the enemies of blacks?

Your reasoning seems to be ' it's not a problem if a black man is gunned down by another black man, but it's a problem should a white cop shoot a black man(justified or not)'

The number one cause of death for black men from 20-35 years is black on black violence...diabetes and obesity are runners up...LET THAT SINK IN.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 10:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

I switched from the criminal aspect because you didn't want to admit that most of those guys were not stellar upright citizens...I decided to go down the factual and statistics road and yet you still avoid it? You don't want facts based points just emotional driven ones?

Famous black men have been killed in the past..Tupac amaru Shakur and Christopher Wallace...and in recent memory nipsey hussle was gunned down by a black man! How many of you protesterd on the streets against black on black violence? What message does that pass to the teeming black youth? I mentioned that dozens of black men are killed EVERY weekend by fellow black men and nobody does anything about it EXCEPT the police of course..yet the police are the enemies of blacks?

Your reasoning seems to be ' it's not a problem if a black man is gunned down by another black man, but it's a problem should a white cop shoot a black man(justified or not)'

You don't even have a basic understanding of what racism is. Maybe you should start from there.

So because there is black on black crime, then we shouldn't challenge racism? You think racism is only about killings? This is just a shame.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2020
For those who want fact based statistics to the major problem in the black communities

https://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/lcod/men/2016/nonhispanic-black/index.htm
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2020
tot:

You don't even have a basic understanding of what racism is. Maybe you should start from there.

So because there is black on black crime, then we shouldn't challenge racism? You think racism is only about killings? This is just a shame.
Now you've switched again..I thought you were harping on why should a white male cop shoot a black man? The black community has a BIGGER problem than the supposed racism they are accusing whites of..and this problem is one of life and death..that you want to push aside the major thing killing black youths shows how biased and closed minded you are.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2020
Shattuck:
but not all incidents could be tagged racism,what describes racist killing? is it white kill black or is it the motives behind it? the death of George Floyd may not be an act of racism,giving their shared past.

Exactly my argument too.

How can we be sure that Floyd was killed for no other reason other than his race?

There may be other reasons but the black community has jumped into conclusion and this conclusion may even divert from the real motive which may even be more serious than racism.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Exactly my argument too.

How can we be sure that Floyd was killed for no other reason other than his race?

There may be other reasons but the black community has jumped into conclusion and this conclusion may even divert from the real motive which may even be more serious than racism.
Don't mind them..they are so keen on pushing their racism narrative that logic and reasoning is pushed aside..Yes there's racism because man is an imperfect being..but don't tell me that a white man refusing to shake a black man's hand or refusing to do business with him is on the same level as 10 black men being gunned down on a weekly basis in the hood! The former can be circumvented the latter is permanent..death is permanent...Yet nobody wants to talk about it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

Don't mind them..they are so keen on pushing their racism narrative that logic and reasoning is pushed aside..Yes there's racism because man is an imperfect being..but don't tell me that a white man refusing to shake a black man's hand or refusing to do business with him is on the same level as 10 black men being gunned down on a weekly basis in the hood! The former can be circumvented the latter is permanent..death is permanent...Yet nobody wants to talk about it..

The problem is that they are too emotional. The problem with being too emotional is that it doesn't allow for logic and reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Celenwa1: 10:48am On Jun 09, 2020
Viciheaka:
I am with you on this one its high time Africans come home and develop their continent
sorry for quoting you here.i am the person that scammer had ben using to scam peope i saw my mention on one of ur reply to him you can check my signatu for comfirmation
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

Now you've switched again..I thought you were harping on why should a white male cop shoot a black man? The black community has a BIGGER problem than the supposed racism they are accusing whites of..and this problem is one of life and death..that you want to push aside the major thing killing black youths shows how biased and closed minded you are.

Smh.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 11:07am On Jun 09, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

The problem is that they are too emotional. The problem with being too emotional is that it doesn't allow for logic and reasoning.
There was a TV convo on a cable network channel (I think msnbc) were a black female host was interviewing(on the phone) with a successful man on issues...the man told her that he's had successes in many of his endeavours from radio stations to news channels like fox TV..immediately the lady retorted that it was because of his white privilege that he was able to garner such successes in his career...the man now dropped the bomb "maybe you didn't do your homework well I AM BLACK " there and then the phoolishness of the woman was exposed to all her viewers..she started apologising and even pushed the blame to her crew for giving her wrong info hahhahaahah...you see the false narratives being propagated by the media? This was just one out of many instances.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2020
This is the interview I was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBopAmefXo
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Shattuck(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Exactly my argument too.

true
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

Nipsey hussle
Xxtentacion
Pop smoke
to mention but a few were murdered by fellow black people how many times have we seen Blacks protesting against Blacks killing Blacks ?
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Salem17:

Nipsey hussle
Xxtentacion
Pop smoke
to mention but a few were murdered by fellow black people how many times have we seen Blacks protesting against Blacks killing Blacks ?
They never will because it goes against the narrative...
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

They never will because it goes against the narrative...
My point has been this
Racism exists we all know that but as it stands I think blacks should set their priorities,let's work on ourselves,speaking of black Americans if they want to leave themselves at the mercy of the whites then racism would still continue to affect them. If they should work harder,become more influential, get into important positions in government then they would change the narratives themselves whether white racists like it or not. Thankfully today to a great extent whites and blacks have equal educational opportunity so there is no excuse for not developing yourself,if black crime rates drop in America and black youths become more productive its 100 times better than carrying placards around and burning shops. Racists would still be racists whether we protest from now till forever

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Grandmeister(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Salem17:

My point has been this
Racism exists we all know that but as it stands I think blacks should set their priorities,let's work on ourselves,speaking of black Americans if they want to leave themselves at the mercy of the whites then racism would still continue to affect them. If they should work harder,become more influential, get into important positions in government then they would change the narratives themselves whether white racists like it or not. Thankfully today to a great extent whites and blacks have equal educational opportunity so there is no excuse for not developing yourself,if black crime rates drop in America and black youths become more productive its 100 times better than carrying placards around and burning shops. Racists would still be racists whether we protest from now till forever
People like candace owens are fighting to change this narrative..they are saying the exact same thing you just typed..they are telling their people that victimhood will not change anything and that they have to come together and change that narrative through actively involving in policies that will better the lives of blacks in America and also to change the mindset of the youth involving in drugs and various crimes. How can a sane person be against that?
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
The same goes for women
Left for me I would like women to have the same opportunties as men and whatever they advocate for but then my opinion wouldn't change much and if over 90% of men have contrasting opinion what should women do,keep protesting and appealing to men to change their mind ? that could cause some change but it would be very slow. The best thing they can do is work on themselves, earn their rights,create the opportunities themselves,change the narrative themselves. Luckily you have a lot of men who share the same view too and unlike few centuries ago women are presented with similar opportunities as men to empower themselves.

Racism is similar too,rather than appealing and protesting blacks should develop themselves and whether whites like it or not we would come to that point where we can live our lives independently without them(white racists not all white whites).

I have this gtfo spirit,u can't just shake me down,who are you,because of skin colour,you racially abuse me it would get to me to an extent because I'm human but I won't have a low impression of myself because someone simply chooses to be a bigot and have a screwed and primitive perception of humans,hell no.
Blacks improve yourselves, that's the best way to fight racism
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

People like candace owens are fighting to change this narrative..they are saying the exact same thing you just typed..they are telling their people that victimhood will not change anything and that they have to come together and change that narrative through actively involving in policies that will better the lives of blacks in America and also to change the mindset of the youth involving in drugs and various crimes. How can a sane person be against that?
The first time I heard of Candace Owens it was on Nairaland were a person was abusing her for justifying racism and disrespecting GF,something like that.
I'm not surprised cos Nigerians are too sentimental

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Generalkaycee:
E no go better for Derek Chauvin, J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane and Tou Thao.....Racist Cops
Especially that Tou Thao. Racism is been ingrained in those Asian aliens since the beginning of time. Imagine those trashes were the whites; the kinda racism disposed these days would have been quadrupled
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Futuragetty: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
Grandmeister:

If the igbos drowned themselves in Northern privilege and Nigeria's injustice then they would have never picked themselves up from the past and forged ahead to rebuild their communities! Victimhood never helps anyone! The biggest irony of white privilege is when a successful black woman like Oprah tells another black sister that she can't make it because she's black (then how did Oprah become a black female billionaire??) or when denzel Washington tells a black brother that white privilege will stop him from being successful in Hollywood (then how did denzel become rich and famous??) or when Ben Carson (the first surgeon to seperate combined twins at the skull) tells a black college student that he/she can't make it because of his skin color (then how did Ben rise to the top of his career in America??)...
They rose to the top because their we're extraordinary. If Oprah was white, she would be the richest American women alive.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by cunny88(m): 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You made quite a valid point. But you didn't drive it home with respect to how George Floyd was gruesomely murdered basically for no other reason other than that he was black.
the culprits are being prosecuted in a court of law, what other form of Justice do u want

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guardiola Was Too Smart For His Own Good As Man City Lost To Chelsea / John Ogu To Politicians: Ask Your Children To Represent Nigeria In Coming Games / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.