Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism (41441 Views)

‘you Can’t Question A Player Like Griezmann’ – Lloris Hits Back At Criticism / Mane Forgets About Black Lives Matter Kneel As He Dashes Into Everton's Half / Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Shattuck(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Would the cop have knelt on the neck of an unarmed white man for 8 minutes? Again, the names I mentioned earlier, there was no shared past so please defend those ones as well.
I agree with you that those other deaths might have been an act of racism. but not all police brutality against blacks should be regarded as racism,sometimes it's just police brutality.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Chicastle: 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Someone has settled this matter already in the comments section

Brave man

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by winosport: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??
So bascially what you saying is we should overlook the killings by cops every now and then because the whites have been so gracious to us.Bro you aint the only one who has been abroad i know this people i have been around them even been in relationships with them, some are very free spirited but the calous ones, Bleep they are wicked to the core....There is no excuse for taking another man's live in such a cruel and heartless manner, nothing gives you the right to hate me just because my skin color differs from yours....let people cry, march, sing,burn things there is no right or wrong way to express your grief

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

Black people must do better, otherwise it's okay for them to be killed anyhow? Kontinu. And how about those that abide by the laws but still experience racism? Racism is beyond the covert killings, there are lots of subtle acts as well with many aspects of people's lives impacted. Promotions. School selections. Jobs. Interviews.

Anyway, it wasn't you I quoted so please stay out of it. When a person who has only travelled around and studied is making stupid generalizations about people's DAILY experiences, he needs to be called out. Simple.
What do u make of AJ imploring blacks to boycott white businesses ?

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Shattuck:
I agree with you that those other deaths might have been an act of racism. but not all police brutality against blacks should be regarded as racism,sometimes it's just police brutality.

You should also check out the incident of Amy Cooper, the lady who called the cops on an African American man falsely accusing him of threatening her. His saving grace was that he was recording it otherwise a perfectly innocent man would have landed in jail, or even worse been killed simply due to racial bias. Racism is a serious issue, we can't afford to sweep it under the carpet or make excuses for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52759502
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
Even if you kill another man in the process of expressing your grief? This is exactly the same mentality those vandalizing businesses and properties have. God will deliver all of us from thoughts and views that shackles our both our personal development and collective glory as black race.

winosport:
So bascially what you saying is we should overlook the killings by cops every now and then because the whites have been so gracious to us.Bro you aint the only one who has been abroad i know this people i have been around them even been in relationships with them, some are very free spirited but the calous ones, Bleep they are wicked to the core....There is no excuse for taking another man's live in such a cruel and heartless manner, nothing gives you the right to hate me just because my skin color differs from yours....let people cry, march, sing,burn things there is no right or wrong way to express your grief

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by lagdmark(m): 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
Blackmoran:
Inferior and weak people always have this consciousness that they can't compete, so they use this tactics of been a victim to get the sympathy of others, there is no different between feminism, and most black Americans. Including majority of Africans... We have this self entitlement, the day we look inward and take responsibility and be self reliant, we would continue to always point fingers.....
Try to decolonize your selfish. Do you understand institutional racism?, people like who have no idea that the life you live today and mingle with other race freely, others fought with their lives for you. Those folks protesting in USA and elsewhere in the western world understand the game more than you do.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Salem17:

What do u think about AJ imploring blacks to boycott white businesses ?

In today's world, boycotts are effective as a form of consumer activism at getting companies to do what the consumer wants regarding a specific issue. The aim is to inflict some economic loss on the target in order to compel the target to alter an objectionable behaviour, e.g. tax avoidance, animal testing. In the case of racism, not all whites are racist so a blanket approach can not be an effective method. With the exception of cases like the Montgomery Bus Boycott which was necessary based on the times then.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by nobsalis: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
lagdmark:

Try to decolonize your selfish. Do you understand institutional racism?, people like who have no idea that the life you live today and mingle with other race freely, others fought with their lives for you. Those folks protesting in USA and elsewhere in the western world understand the game more than you do.

Most of them have no clue, thus the nonsense epistle people like Gwan2 come to write on Nairaland on the basis of a few travel experiences and living in a place for one month. Live there for a lifetime, experience being excluded from interviews or jobs based on someone's bias, experience cops being set free even after shooting an unarmed person, experience someone falsely calling the cop on you and using your skin color to describe you, then come back and justify this nonsense. MLK must be turning in his grave seeing what some black men are using the platform they have to do. Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by dustmalik: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
One thing about Nairaland is that one can easily spot unintelligent people.

@Gwan2, made an excellent submission, but some unintelligent fools have been calling him out on his comment, trying to poke holes in his comment, even though there is none.

The simple truth is that, there is no where racism doesn't exist. Right here in Nigeria, we call it tribalism, but it's simply racism. Even here on Nairaland, we all witness everyday, how, especially, two of the three major tribes exchange bigoted, hateful comments.

If the US was that bad, someone like Obama would never become a President.

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
dustmalik:

@Gwan2, made an excellent submission, but some unintelligent fools have been calling him out on his comment, trying to poke holes in his comment, even though there is none.

The simple truth is that, there is no where racism doesn't exist. Right here in Nigeria, we call it tribalism, but it's simply racism. Even here on Nairaland, we all witness everyday, how, especially, two of the three major tribes exchange bigoted, hateful comments.

Mr Intelligent, no one is excusing tribalism, none of it is right. You don't have to excuse one on the basis of the other. It is not rocket science that they are both WRONG. So because some silly people on NL practice tribalism, those of us who do not should not speak against racism, because these people do? Come on.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by mummyson26(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

Bros am gonna copy dis and save it somewhere for future reference

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by FrankBass281(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
RPG2020:

Enter house the best for you
okay
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by FrankBass281(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
RPG2020:

Enter house the best for you
okay
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Blackmoran(m): 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
You are right and it is so annoying
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Blackmoran(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
dustmalik:

get your point
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Shattuck(m): 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

You should also check out the incident of Amy Cooper, the lady who called the cops on an African American man falsely accusing him of threatening her. His saving grace was that he was recording it otherwise a perfectly innocent man would have landed in jail, or even worse been killed simply due to racial bias. Racism is a serious issue, we can't afford to sweep it under the carpet or make excuses for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52759502
yeah I read about that,the lady was fired at her workplace, I agree with you much works still needs to be done on racism.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by VaselineCrew: 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
foleskay:

You're getting It so muddle up. Can a German be the prime minister of UK, or a Russian be d president of the US. Its d same as u comparing ibo being a governor in Yoruba land. This is so so different to the topic of discussion

Lol, are you saying Igbo and Yoruba are different countries?

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nuel4:
Blacks are currently more likely to make decisions based on skin color than whites. We hear all the time how a Nigerian win election in the UK and other White countries. It's 100% impossible right now for black people to elect a white man in a black dominated society even if the white man was born in Nigeria and has lived his entire life here his opposition will say he is here to enslave us that we shouldn't turn our backs on a fellow black. If whites truly decide to start making choices based on skin color no single black American will smell city mayor or governor not to mention Congress or presidency.
On point kiss

5 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

Well said bruv, well said.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Niorte: 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Jaysolu:
Racism is such a sensitive matter
you can't fight bad with bad.. it only brings more bad
blacks in America are a minority.. so there's not so much you can do to "show them where it hurts"
we just have to take this as it is... I don't see racism ending because of speeches and protests, we've been doing that for decades now

check out the link in my signature.. get paid for watching long YouTube vids.. registration is free.. no strings attached
I have no reason to scam you
That site was created on the 28th of May 2020
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by chuksvoice: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

Word! word man

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
I just dey see fine, fine minds today. This is a thought-provoking view and assertion. This is to say, we are even more racist than white people!

Nuel4:
Blacks are currently more likely to make decisions based on skin color than whites. We hear all the time how a Nigerian win election in the UK and other White countries. It's 100% impossible right now for black people to elect a white man in a black dominated society even if the white man was born in Nigeria and has lived his entire life here his opposition will say he is here to enslave us that we shouldn't turn our backs on a fellow black. If whites truly decide to start making choices based on skin color no single black American will smell city mayor or governor not to mention Congress or presidency.

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by theshadowknows: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

This is honest and sincere. I'm also black and I fully agree with you on this. Victimhood and entitlement mentality has been the major sins of the entire black race. Till we drift from this mentality, we will NEVER get far.

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Blackmoran(m): 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
lagdmark:

keep protesting ba, ride on, the rest of the world will leave us and pass us by.... Is it not China of yesterday that now controls 70percent of our continent... Mr protester, or you hear how many times China, singapore, japan protest..... Keep it up.... After a month this news will die down, black people will kill each other that news won't make it to the media.... Abeg...

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by anonymous1759(m): 7:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Salem17:

Can u suggest better ways UEFA can handle racism ?

If FIFA and UEFA wants to tackle racism they'll influence countries to make Racism a criminal offence. You what felony means in the west when it's on your record your life is almost useless ,professional jobs will be difficult to get and other better paid jobs .
But that can't happen because the main governing bodies are Racist . All these two moths ban they give players and fans are child's play.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

Most of them have no clue, thus the nonsense epistle people like Gwan2 come to write on Nairaland on the basis of a few travel experiences and living in a place for one month. Live there for a lifetime, experience being excluded from interviews or jobs based on someone's bias, experience cops being set free even after shooting an unarmed person, experience someone falsely calling the cop on you and using your skin color to describe you, then come back and justify this nonsense. MLK must be turning in his grave seeing what some black men are using the platform they have to do. Shame!

You are still wrong! Nobody is saying racism is good, or supporting a few white people that are racists. You need to do objective reading. If the line I bold in your comment is objective, based on fact and reality in our world, we know Obama would never have become the 44th U.S president. The Mayor of Washington DC, the U.S capital and office of the a white U.S president, is a woman like yourself, a black person! We have black Senators in U.S Congress, we have black governors, etc. Can you weigh these truth against the bold sentence and see how erroneous you are?

Activism against injustice must be done objectively, not with sentiment. And that is why Black Americans are not improving or changing their narrative. In a country black people kill more black people than white ever done, what do you have to say to that? The racist whites would say, "look, their lives matter and they are killing themselves like animals?"

Do your research before you attack objective view on this subject. People will address you the way you portray yourself, which is why black people must do better humanly, so that their efforts to remove racism can be complemented. Also, racism is a global issue.

The empathy we have for black people that have been murdered by white police is genuine, but what if I tell you it is racial empathy? Imagine white people protesting the killing of white people by U.S police, what would you say. If MLK wake up from his sleep and look at things, I can tell you for a fact that he will severally reprimand the black community than he will criticism the few white racists. You don't know anything about the man you quoted. He is a principled activist, not a sentimental man like most black Americans.

Racism is evil. It is everywhere. But while we point the finger, we've got to check ourselves and fix up our mentality. But I do understand you!

5 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by 1Sharon(f): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
Reading someone else's speech?

Own it AJ

those white folks really don't get it, we need to build our wealth too.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
fairheart:

You are still wrong! Nobody is saying racism is good, or supporting a few white people that are racists. You need to do objective reading. If the line I bold in your comment is objective, based on fact and reality in our world, we know Obama would never have become the 44th U.S president. The Mayor of Washington DC, the U.S capital and office of the a white U.S president, is a woman like yourself, a black person! We have black Senators in U.S Congress, we have black governors, etc. Can you weigh these truth against the bold sentence and see how erroneous you are?

Activism against injustice must be done objectively, not with sentiment. And that is why Black Americans are not improving or changing their narrative. In a country black people kill more black people than white ever done, what do you have to say to that? The racist whites would say, "look, their lives matter and they are killing themselves like animals?"

Do your research before you attack objective view on this subject. People will address you the way you portray yourself, which is why black people must do better humanly, so that their efforts to remove racism can be complemented. Also, racism is a global issue.

The empathy we have for black people that have been murdered by white police is genuine, but what if I tell you it is racial empathy? Imagine white people protesting the killing of white people by U.S police, what would you say. If MLK wake up from his sleep and look at things, I can tell you for a fact that he will severally reprimand the black community than he will criticism the few white racists. You don't know anything about the man you quoted. He is a principled activist, not a sentimental man like most black Americans.

Racism is evil. It is everywhere. But while we point the finger, we've got to check ourselves and fix up our mentality. But I do understand you!

Smh. I can't converse with you. Sorry.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
abbey621:

You are not black but live in Nigeria and obviously is well versed on the history of Nigeria and the Nigerian people, ogbeni you're BLACK! I don't care what your skin color is, stupidity comes in many shades and colors grin grin grin. Again I ask you to define counter racism? Choosing to patronize the black community instead of putting majority of my money on non black owned businesses is counter racism? You're delusional, how do you think the whites, the Jews became so powerful. In a fair system there would be no need for it but since we all know the system is bias and unjust then blacks must save blacks, we can't continue to wait on the white messiah or the jewish king.

It is obvious you are bitter. How many black people have saved black people? Check your very own state of origin and community. As for waiting on Jewish Messiah, you should wait. He has extended His promises. You should really wait for your king, because your fellow black men will not save you; instead, they are looking for how to eat you and take away what you have. Peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guardiola Was Too Smart For His Own Good As Man City Lost To Chelsea / John Ogu To Politicians: Ask Your Children To Represent Nigeria In Coming Games / Top Privately Owned Football Clubs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.