Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism (41445 Views)

‘you Can’t Question A Player Like Griezmann’ – Lloris Hits Back At Criticism / Mane Forgets About Black Lives Matter Kneel As He Dashes Into Everton's Half / Torino FC 'Black Lives Matter' Tweet That Got People Talking (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Caseless: 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Blacks are the only one that take offence because someone says they are black

Foolish low self esteemed sets of people

Come back home and leave the city of whites
wrong! Black take offense because they're hated for being blacks. Where's your brain?

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by nestkojex(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
I love Anthony Joshua. This guy only has a voice because he is not in Nigeria. Some people will never recognise you until leave this country and make it and then you will have a voice I would always advise that our youth be careful with this kind of country we are in Nigeria
Relocate to USA or Canada. Our corporation can help you.
GRE and TOEFL are very predictable. That's why you can pass with ease when you try to dymistify the test.
Try to practice every for at least 4 weeks. Use Official Guide and try Manhattan. They are there best.
You can thank me later
You can get GRE and TOEFL for just N45000 formerly N40000 from us. No more N50000
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0

Watch the youtube video and understand this better.
tot:

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Would the cop have knelt on the neck of an unarmed white man for 8 minutes? Again, the names I mentioned earlier, there was no shared past so please defend those ones as well.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by codemaniacs: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
zz
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020

Is the guy in this video a black?

Caseless:
wrong! Black take offense because they're hated for being blacks. Where's your brain?
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
fairheart:

Watch the youtube video and understand this better.

You and 1sharon can go ahead and occupy yourselves by swapping videos. That's not my problem. I've made my point and stick to it. Kindly let me be. I cannot be using my time to write epistles on nairaland. Written enough for one day. Suit yourselves whatever you want to believe, think, or do.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
grin grin grin I don't know why I am attracted to you. But I feel it...
tot:

You and 1sharon can go ahead and occupy yourselves by swapping videos. That's not my problem. I've made my point and stick to it. Kindly let me be. I cannot be using my time to write epistles on nairaland. Written enough for one day. Suit yourselves whatever you want to believe, think, or do.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
fairheart:
grin grin grin I don't know why I am attracted to you. But I feel it...

Abeg o, we are 2 parallel lines. Can't cross. Go and find a perpendicular line maybe.

Anyway, I am not arguing with anyone on this post again. Done.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
codemaniacs:

You still don't understand.. didn't your parents hard work send you to school and get you to where you are today. when B.As built their own community in the early 1900s wh:ite people bombed the place over rumors that a wh:ite woman was raped there, go and read about black wall street or tulsa, Oprah did a movie on wh:ite people using B.As for experiments.

We are currently empowering ourselves but like the demon lugard said, "its better to use indirect rule to rule Africans". it's the job of African govts to put things in place but they are lackeys for the e:uropeans. private Africans are also doing their part, look at what Oyedepo did in Ogun and Kwara and other Africans building their communities.
There are no current legislations in the U.S.A that discriminates against black people,at least not that I know of and any act of violence that is racially motivated is well taken care of,because of social media everyone is careful,countries like America take human right seriously so any slight infringement especially when it involves a black person is takes seriously and I think sometimes its taken more serious than it should. So my point is that we don't live in the Klu Klux Klan era anymore,enough said.
Now racism still exists of course but the question is how do we tackle it,those protesting on the streets are just creating awareness on how serious it is but its not the solution,skinheads would still be skinheads. So we have to do our own parts and instead of just crying out that we are tired let's work on ourselves,let's protest against blacks killing blacks we can start from there,in the last lone of Kendrick Lamars song "the blacker the berry" he sang and I quote "....So why did I weep when Trayvon was in the street when gangbanging made me kill a n*gga blacker than me,hypocrite !" .
The best thing we can do for ourselves is to improve our societies, African Americans should also work towards improving their own society as well,racism would still be there but if I'm a black professor at M.I.T and a college dropout is calling me a monkey then that's his business why should I care when so many other white people think very highly of me and respect me,If I'm a successful artists selling millions of records why should I feel bad that a person who can't afford the shoes I wear thinks I'm lesser human than he is,when thousands of white people would pay hundreds of dollars to attend my music concerts.
There are black sheriffs,black Judges,black Mayors in the U.S.A the BAs have all it takes to deal with racism even if it is not fully eradicated and that's by being more productive,I could go on and on but in summary what I'm saying is protests on social media and on the street can't get us were we want to be,let's not put ourselves at the mercy of others,let's grab our freedom and respect by contributing to building our societies or wherever we find ourselves.Because of Mohammed Salah and the impact he has made playing at Liverpool so many English Liverpool fans are less Judgmental about Islam right now,imagine if you had more and more influential Muslims in the world contributing immensely to the growth and welfare of humanity,peoples view on Islam would gradually change,that's the approach we should take to racism,let's become more influential, that's the best way to win our freedom

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
iWasNotHere:
Anthony Joshua is talking too much these days. Focus on your training
na wa oo some people gan sef,how did talking online concern training?

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

They don't understand the high level of intrigues and many other things happening behind the scenes. Naive folks. I'm done wasting time exchanging words with these guys.
The scenario he described in that post is not racism at best it is CAPITALISM. In a bid to make ur point u shouldn't include use Strawman arguments we are talking of racism and not exploitation besides what stops the Nigerian govt from developing our own refineries and being less dependent on foreign companies

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by jaxxy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Jaysolu:
Racism is such a sensitive matter
you can't fight bad with bad.. it only brings more bad
blacks in America are a minority.. so there's not so much you can do to "show them where it hurts"
we just have to take this as it is... I don't see racism ending because of speeches and protests, we've been doing that for decades now

check out the link in my signature.. get paid for watching long YouTube vids.. registration is free.. no strings attached
I have no reason to scam you

True. Attack racism not whites. Boycott racism not white owned shops. I think he clarified himself later.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by tot(f): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
fairheart:
cheesy That we don't see things the same way doesn't mean we can't be friends. There will always be someone who doesn't see things the same way you do. We are not standing at the same angle, you know? I have DM you. I'm not expecting a response. But it's been nice reading your views and getting a hold of how you think.

That's life I guess.
Well, have a good evening.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by fairheart(m): 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
You too! wink
tot:

That's life I guess.
Well, have a good evening.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by James4bright(m): 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
foleskay:

You're getting It so muddle up. Can a German be the prime minister of UK, or a Russian be d president of the US. Its d same as u comparing ibo being a governor in Yoruba land. This is so so different to the topic of discussion

You didn't just type this, did you? This is the dumbest thing I've read on this platform.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
codemaniacs:

this is the problem you fail to see and accept, you're right that racists don't spare "non-ethnic black Americans". but black Americans are not hired at the rate asians and other europeans are hired even though they have the same degree.

For example, lets say there is a Vacancy in COMPANY A, you as a Nigerian have an Msc. in computer science and a black american also has the same with professional certificates but you get the job, when you are filling your acceptance form you are going to tick the box that says "black" or "African American" since there will be no box that says Nigerian, this means that when U.S statistics comes out it says that COMPANY A has one "black" person or "African American" or "person of color" in its employees but you know you are a Nigerian, you have indirectly used the fact that you are also black to take what is meant to go to someone who is Black American by ethnicity while you're sending money back home and your family economic status has improved due to the job, the B.A is still searching for and competing with other black people from all over the world who are benefiting from disguising as B.A.

O:bama is not black American, he is a black person who took an opportunity that's meant for an ethnic black american.

I hope you understand what I mean. grin grin grin

Let me accept what you have said and let's assume the disparity in those classifications is as significant as u say and this reflects the current state of employment in the U.S now how can this be resolved.
If it is obvious that black Americans are being denied of deserving jobs because of their racial category as "black Americans" then they can raise such issue,protest if need be and get that settled or better in the congress,should that be a problem ?
We can't totally eliminate discrimination, it would crop op every now and them but I don't think that serious minded organizations would constantly reject African Americans who truly stand out above the other candidates for a job just because of the reason u pointed out,such organization would be shooting themselves in the foot,there is massive competition amongst american companies in every sector,everyone wants to be in Fortune500,if u excellent in what u do u would get a deserving job,it may not work for everybody but I don't think its as big an issue as u made it look
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by James4bright(m): 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
LordOfTheGame:

Ranting of a sell out, a white wanna be. Before you talk trash about the black communities, think about the age long colonialism and slave trade and the damages they did to the Blackman. Think about the systematic discrimination being perpetuated by the whites to keep the black man down forever. I don't that you don't understand how these whole things works because you've have had the little opportunity of enjoying some benefits from the white community and boom, here you are singing their praises. Low self esteem is really bad and it's affecting some people seriously.

The white community systematically tries to keep a black man down? But you'd gladly migrate? What about African countries, do they by any chance uplift black people? Smh.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??

Very valid points u raised here but the truth is that the white people we see an the streets of western world are not the ones that planned those countries because the ones we see on the streets are really shits.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by James4bright(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
abbey621:

Perhaps you have comprehension problem? Just explained to you that silence is complicity, asking blacks to support black owned business is not couunter racism and if you feel that way know that you are the stupidone here considering every race supports more of their own than others, the Whites do it, the Jews do it and even the Latinos do it and nobody shouts counter racism, but I guess your black ass knows better?

He wasn't asking blacks to support black owned business. But rather he was trying to exhibit the hatred he felt by inciting blacks not to patronize white owned businesses, like he said, that's where it hurts.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:

Feel free bro
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by foleskay(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
James4bright:

You didn't just type this, did you? This is the dumbest thing I've read on this platform.
Pele. Counter d comment with cogent reason. Stop being ignorant
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Sebastine1994(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
tot:

You should also check out the incident of Amy Cooper, the lady who called the cops on an African American man falsely accusing him of threatening her. His saving grace was that he was recording it otherwise a perfectly innocent man would have landed in jail, or even worse been killed simply due to racial bias. Racism is a serious issue, we can't afford to sweep it under the carpet or make excuses for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52759502

a lot depends on reputation. the black Americans have a bad reputation in America., have high crime rate, have your heard of frequency of accurence , that is how the whites make judgement, black cops may be sentimental but not white
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by codemaniacs: 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
zz
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by codemaniacs: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
zz
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by bereto(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
I was initially interested in this BLM protest until I saw one of the placard that read 'White hate us because of our bid d*cks'

Blacks always showing their backwardness

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by ProfAmaben(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gwan2:
I am black but you see all this protest by the black community and riots going on freely is simply because of excessive freedom and how liberal the western world had open up to people. I have traveled to 9 countries and I must say, I feel more attached and comfortable mingling with white folks than the blacks.
Where in the world aside the western world can you travel from GOd knows where and give birth to a child and the child automatically become a full citizen enjoying same privilege as the indigenous people. Where in the world can you automatically get citizenship by marrying a citizen. I studied in the UK, your child automatically get access to free education, health care and a lot of facilities by the virtue of your student status in the west. A lot of students exploit the system especially those on scholarship by bringing their spouse and children while on study, thereby overstretching the limited resources. Go to the hospital and see indigenous white queuing for appointments that might take close to a month before they get access to see a doctor because a lot of people both foreigners and citizen had booked earlier. They were overwhelmed by such things and displayed decorum in votes to pull out of EU rather than following the path of fellow BLACK xenophobic South Africans displayed some time ago.
See, typically the black man in a white man’s country is so sensitive to how the white react, speak or even look at him and point to racism at every instance. I had a friend who worked in a bar and was dismissed because of his carelessness and poor attitude to work...before he left the bar he made sure he created a scene shouting racism racism. They were so courteous not to respond or engage him in a fight because they know most of the black Africans use racism to cover their shits.

Now we have phrases like black excellence, black live matters, I am black and proud, black history....flip the coin and say something like white supremacy, white excellence, white rules and hell will be let loose from the black community pointing racism. What sort of inferiority can that be?
Lastly, you see this Arab countries or most Asian countries.. nobody do racism pass them, but why don’t the suppressed black population protest...because the freedom is limited and they make sure you understand from your first presence in the country that you are second class to them and nothing can change that. Anyway, as the saying goes...when you give somebody a yard he will later ask for a mile.

A man is only respected and modelled if he earns such. Look at the African continent, the poorest, the most docile, the most disease ravaged, the most corrupt, the most backward...who has ever earned respect by displaying such attributes??
Very correct. I was born in Lagos but the Yorubas here won't let me rest whenever I criticize the government of where I was born.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
codemaniacs:

didn't I just quote you on something called black wall street...

its not about improving yourself, if you are killed by racist would your expensive shoes matter or would the title "professor" mean anything.

the protests and activism from B.As is what puts laws in place that benefits all black people in the U.S, all your achievements can be destroyed, the fact that you're even achieving is a threat to them and more reason for them to execute you.

B.As don't have their own country or region, they will always be at the mercy of wh:ite people no matter what they achieve...

can you find trees in a desert? the reason I'm asking its mainly about the color of your skin, you and the tree bear the same color while wh:ite people and the desert bear the same color.

the tree and its soil have melanin, if you take the tree and its soil to the desert that doesn't have melanin the tree will die off.

the hatred wh:ite people have for black people is due to the fact that they don't and can never have melanin so their main goal is to destroy off anything and anyone with melanin. what you call black skin is actually bronze skin and what you call wh:ite skin is actually pale skin.

wh:ite people are defects of black people, they are not natural to the earth. its in them to destroy their opposite version and its in black people to sustain their opposite version.

in summary, people without melanin need to have sex with people that have melanin so that they don't go extinct.
Murder is a problem all over the world,even John F Kennedy a one time POTUS was murdered,anyone can be murdered and of course we have psychos all around us so the solution to that is to put measures in place to restrict that to the nearest minimums,that is why u have gun laws being debated in the U.S.A right now
Moving on
You are right about protests being instrumental in making or changing laws but I don't see any law that says white cops can kill black people,the law states that as homicide and the offender is currently facing the law,the protests being made right now are for awareness and to some extent most black people have taken it as am avenue to cent their anger and while that would send a strong message across to the perpetrators that racism can not be condoned it doesn't end there we have our own roles to play and I feel we should focus a lot on that.
Blacks are a minority in America,Yes,but I don't think they are incapable of making a great impact,they would be at the mercies of others if they fail to develop themselves and reach their full potentials both on an individual level and as a race. If a research laboratory owned by a black american discovers the cure for corona virus he gets a patent and he gets tremendous control as long as the distribution and sales of the drug is concerned, do u know what that means,do u know the favours he can get,the you know the international diplomatic relationships he can build with that,do you know how powerful he would become,if we have Black americans doing extraordinary things they would not be at the mercy of others

the rest of ur post on melanin and the rest is a highly subjective opinion and I don't think I have to bother myself responding to that

The rest of ur post

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
codemaniacs:

For every person that "truly stand out" there are millions more that performed better.

most U.S companies are White owned, a white owned company will always have more white employees than blacks. same way a Yoruba owned company will have more Yorubas than any other ethnicity or an Igbo company will have more Igbos than any other ethnicity.

not everything is about standing out, its also about "people from your ethinicity" owning the companies so that they can choose who gets the job.

its human nature to put "people from your ethnicity" first and give them opportunities.

what a first class student can do, a second class upper student can also do it, same way a second class lower and third class can also do it.

If the second class lower student applies for a job in a company and the owner is the same ethnicity as 2nd class lower, that student has a higher chance of getting the job than the others..
Its simple then,they have options to chose from in other to change their situation
Hustle and own ur own companies so u can employ who u like
Protest and if u are able to prove ur injustice the necessary authorities would intervene
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by Salem17: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
bereto:
I was initially interested in this BLM protest until I saw one of the placard that read 'White hate us because of our bid d*cks'

Blacks always showing their backwardness

On Tunde ednuts page abi ?

Trust me the things people are doing in the name of protesting u just shake ur head
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by abbey621(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
James4bright:

He wasn't asking blacks to support black owned business. But rather he was trying to exhibit the hatred he felt by inciting blacks not to patronize white owned businesses, like he said, that's where it hurts.

No it's all combined. The speech was very clear, you're the one misinterpreting it. Blacks should support black owned businesses, it is the only way we can grow as a race, this does not mean when you se a white owned business you should shun it, on the contrary, it means let the majority of your spending go towards business and people hurt by the current racial injustice.
Re: Black Lives Speech: Anthony Joshua Hits Back At Criticism by stieyven(m): 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Generalkaycee:
E no go better for Derek Chauvin, J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane and Tou Thao.....Racist Cops
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life, tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guardiola Was Too Smart For His Own Good As Man City Lost To Chelsea / John Ogu To Politicians: Ask Your Children To Represent Nigeria In Coming Games / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.