Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Hyundai owners Discussion - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai owners Discussion (50598 Views)

O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Mchayy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Guys please I need your advice.

Should I go ahead and buy the Hyundai Sonata 2016 sport? What do you think?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Ty207: 3:59am On Oct 01, 2022
Hello house
Pls! I have a problem with my Elantra 08, it vibrate at 30/40 when accelerating have change 2 shaft within 3weeks same problem so definitely the problem is not shaft cos alignment pple will always tell the problem is from shaft cup,no engine light or code from the car.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by TomiSwag(m): 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2022
Hello Everyone
Happy new month
Please who knows how much I can get a brand new 2008 hyundai tucson back bumper
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Stalllion(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2022
Happy Saturday morning everyone, please I'm having an issue with my hyundai sonata 2015 sport 2.0t.
The movement has been dragging for weeks now, and when it's scanned it shows the codes P0106, P0234, P0236, P0620, P0625.
The mechanic and rewire have tried working on it but it's same result. It would go off when I get it back, but once I turn off the engine, on the next ignition, the check comes back on and the issue comes back.

Has anyone has this issue and how did you go about it? What did you do to get a lasting solution

I also have a P0447 that popped up after I got hit from the rear couple of months ago. Does anyone has this issue as well

Thanks

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by holykezi: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
I just bought 2013 Sonata 2.0t, third hand. Hope no be one chance I don go enter?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Betterdayzahead: 12:37am On Dec 23, 2022
Please what's the price for Hyundai Sonata 2012 GDi Engine ( 2.0t) ?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 6:32am On Dec 23, 2022
Mchayy:
Guys please I need your advice.

Should I go ahead and buy the Hyundai Sonata 2016 sport? What do you think?
with all pleasure buy it. I'm in the market for it too.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2022
Stalllion:
Happy Saturday morning everyone, please I'm having an issue with my hyundai sonata 2015 sport 2.0t.
The movement has been dragging for weeks now, and when it's scanned it shows the codes P0106, P0234, P0236, P0620, P0625.
The mechanic and rewire have tried working on it but it's same result. It would go off when I get it back, but once I turn off the engine, on the next ignition, the check comes back on and the issue comes back.

Has anyone has this issue and how did you go about it? What did you do to get a lasting solution

I also have a P0447 that popped up after I got hit from the rear couple of months ago. Does anyone has this issue as well

Thanks
you have the turbo variant of that sonata. That sonata is a very nice car. The major problem you have is from the turbo system. It shouldn't actually give issues until you accelerate so high to kick in the turbo. That's when the car would lose power. Shouldn't affect normal driving. That said, you need to identify the turbo and check the wire harness. You need to make sure it gets adequate voltage and it's ground is ok. If these are ok, then the turbo charger may be toast and will need replacement. That engine uses MAF and map. Locate the map, check the wiring. If ok, change the map. That's a good car you have there.
Add: as for the evaporative emission code, look for the purge valve, the mechanics may have tampered with the circuit. Maybe they didn't plug it or plug it well.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Nbg4real: 9:04am On Dec 23, 2022
Good morning all. Please I need your advices I'm planning to buy Hyundai accent 2013. Does it have many problems?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Chibestest: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
BHyundai:
I own a Santa Fe and it surely is a good drive. I hope to enjoy the car without much issues.

Share your experience if you've driven a Santa Fe before

I just got a Santa fe 2008, I don't know the right oil to use for it, it keeps getting short just in few weeks. Presently I am using mobile 20w 50.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Chibestest: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
I just got Santa Fe jeep in june, but I don't know the right oil to use for it, the oil keeps going down after few weeks of changing it. Presently I am using mobile super 1000, 20w50, but it has gone low in just less than a month. Please I need advice on which oil and grade to go for.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Chibestest:
I just got Santa Fe jeep in june, but I don't know the right oil to use for it, the oil keeps going down after few weeks of changing it. Presently I am using mobile super 1000, 20w50, but it has gone low in just less than a month. Please I need advice on which oil and grade to go for.

ur motor dey chop oyel

the source of the leak have to found first

or

the reason for the burn

as it were
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Emaytex(m): 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2022
Before now I was planning to buy Camry 2012 or Corolla 2013 with a budget of 4million naira. But as it is now with this dollar rate I can't even get naija used of that car. I checked Jiji and found out that I can get Hyundai product foreign use with that budget
Now am considering Hyundai Elantra 2011 or 2012 with that budget (foreign used) .
Please advise needed on that as per the
Maintenance culture
Durability
Availability of parts and cost of getting it
Ruggedity.
E.t.c
Awaiting professionals advice.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Inception(m): 5:53am On Dec 26, 2022
holykezi:
I just bought 2013 Sonata 2.0t, third hand. Hope no be one chance I don go enter?

grin

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2022
Inception:

grin

He kuku know the answer but e wan sure grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by janeIBfashion(f): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Please I have issue with my Hyundai Accent. It just stopped on the express road and refused to start again... Is sounding like fuel has finished inside it... I also notice is not showing gear signs again e. G park.... One rewire said is brain box, another one said is censor please how who is an expert you can recommend am at Egbeda Lagos state

As the thing was going off it showed the following red signs on the dashboard
1. Charging system
2. Engine oil pressure
3.electric power steering
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by IrewumiO(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2023
Good evening everyone.

My Hyundai Elantra 2014 is giving me issues.
It starts and go off after 2 seconds.
After several check on it.... I scanned and error P1690 came up.
This error is associated with Immobilizer. Who can put me through on how to run this ?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Coolgent(m): 7:32am On May 13, 2023
Stalllion:

Thanks
Issue solved?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Coolgent(m): 7:36am On May 13, 2023
Emaytex:
Before now I was planning to buy Camry 2012 or Corolla 2013 with a budget of 4million naira. But as it is now with this dollar rate I can't even get naija used of that car. I checked Jiji and found out that I can get Hyundai product foreign use with that budget
Now am considering Hyundai Elantra 2011 or 2012 with that budget (foreign used) .
Maintenance culture
Durability
Ruggedity.
E.t.c
Go for hyndai elantra it is good car.
Reliable
Fuel efficient
Parts are not very expensive.
But don't let Kazeem spoil am
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Coolgent(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2023
nonhuman:
I own a Tucson its a rugged car powerful engine
Which year model?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by vivalavida(m): 12:20pm On May 13, 2023
Ty207:
Hello house
Pls! I have a problem with my Elantra 08, it vibrate at 30/40 when accelerating have change 2 shaft within 3weeks same problem so definitely the problem is not shaft cos alignment pple will always tell the problem is from shaft cup,no engine light or code from the car.

Did u get a solution to this
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by tagborume: 11:37pm On May 14, 2023
Please how much is the engine of this car.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by michaelok(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2023
Kindly advise on Nigerian Used Tucson 2009?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Johnpaul1099: 10:28pm On May 20, 2023
Good day house, i have the option of getting a Toks 2014 Camry Sport and a super clean Nigerian used 2020 Hyundai Sonata with 40k Miles (Was given brand new and has only been driven within Abuja). Please which will you advise i can also optimally maintain both cars
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by 9icetoo(m): 8:32am On May 21, 2023
Johnpaul1099:
Good day house, i have the option of getting a Toks 2014 Camry Sport and a super clean Nigerian used 2020 Hyundai Sonata with 40k Miles (Was given brand new and has only been driven within Abuja). Please which will you advise i can also optimally maintain both cars
Get the sonata.

Newer car with lower miles.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 10:16am On May 21, 2023
michaelok:
Kindly advise on Nigerian Used Tucson 2009?

It's a good car.
I believe the 4 cylinder engine (2.0L) is more reliable than the v6. The engine shares replacement parts with the elantra so shouldn't be hard to find
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by michaelok(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2023
Thanks.

I want to move from a Toyota Big Daddy 03 to Tucson 09 (4cyl). Hope I would not feel much cost of maintenance
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Johnpaul1099: 11:07pm On May 21, 2023
9icetoo:

Get the sonata.

Newer car with lower miles.

Thank you
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by ttomexy(f): 5:45am On May 28, 2023
Please my Hyundai accent car is not starting,I have given 2to 3 mechanic but still not working, after rolling it for minutes,it will start but can't once
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 6:14am On May 28, 2023
ttomexy:
Please my Hyundai accent car is not starting,I have given 2to 3 mechanic but still not working, after rolling it for minutes,it will start but can't once

A scan would reveal your issues.

Vehicle needs Air, Spark and fuel to function, let the mechanic diagnose which isn't supplying.

Those mechanics don't know what they are doing if they couldn't figure out why a vehicle isn't starting
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by thedarklord(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emaytex:
Maintenance culture
Durability
Ruggedity.
E.t.c

If you haven't bought any, you can get my own 2017 Elantra. Bought brand-new but still Toks standard

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Driver Terrified As Snake Suddenly Appears On His Moving Car In US (Photos) / N120m 2019 Range Rover SV Coupe Is The Most Luxurious 2-door SUV (photos) / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.