Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Hyundai owners Discussion - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai owners Discussion (50431 Views)

O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
Jbravo58:
Good day everyone, Thanks for the whole tread, reviews and solutions provided.

Please I need help with reviews on Hyundai Santa Fe 2007 -2009 model. Is it advisable to get it as a first time car user and also what are the things I need to check out during inspection.
Your responses would be much appreciated. Thanks.🙏
just ahead ahead. Very fantastic ride. Try to get the limited edition. I have sold a lot of 07-09 Santa fe. They are very fantastic SUV. Get the 3.3L engine.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Jbravo58(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
chukel:
just ahead ahead. Very fantastic ride. Try to get the limited edition. I have sold a lot of 07-09 Santa fe. They are very fantastic SUV. Get the 3.3L engine.

Please can you help me to understand the difference between the 2.2, 2.7 and 3.3L engine also considering the fuel efficiency and durability seeing I'm a novice to the market.

Thanks alot.
Much appreciated.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by afobam(m): 12:55am On Sep 25, 2023
LovelynBrown:
Hello, somebody please help.

I am considering a 2016 Hyundai Tucson .
I think the size and interior is perfect.

However I have some concerns , as I saw some reviews on its double clutch transmission having delays (or something like that )sometimes.

I would like to find out if it’s really a common problem. I would also like to know if there is a fix . I would also like a general review on the model.

And if review is negative , please help with perhaps better recommendations?
I considered the 2015 Santa Fe, but i think it’s much too big in size for me. The 2014 rav4 came up but it’s pricier and bland on the interior side. The 2015 Nissan qashquai came up, but people said Nissan was not good enough . Please help.

For context , I am a 5’4 lady , living in Lagos island and currently drive a 2013 corrolla sport.
Thank you .
i would like to buy the corrola if you will be selling. Anyway to contact?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 2:42am On Sep 25, 2023
Jbravo58:

Please can you help me to understand the difference between the 2.2, 2.7 and 3.3L engine also considering the fuel efficiency and durability seeing I'm a novice to the market.

Thanks alot.
Much appreciated.
you can browse it up. Only bought 3.3L V6 engine and that is why I can vouch for it. It's fuel consumption is very decent for an SUV. I only sold the Santa fe S Limited versions. https://www.nairaland.com/7296940/sold-foreign-used-2009-hyundai
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 4:25am On Sep 26, 2023
Jbravo58:
Good day everyone, Thanks for the whole tread, reviews and solutions provided.

Please I need help with reviews on Hyundai Santa Fe 2007 -2009 model. Is it advisable to get it as a first time car user and also what are the things I need to check out during inspection.
Your responses would be much appreciated. Thanks.🙏
As a 1st time car owner, your best bet is going with a trusted technician like 07089030689 for inspection.
I'm of the opinion that all cars (regardless of brand) will serve it's primary purpose well if well maintained and looked after properly.
I also advocate you buy what you need, would be loved seen driving (specially the kind of car you'll turn back to admire after parking), and can comfortably maintain for a 1st time owner.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kola42: 5:15am On Sep 27, 2023
Good morning,

Please I want to purchase a naija used Hyundai Accent 2013, what do I need to check out for. Thank you for the responses.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
kola42:
Good morning,

Please I want to purchase a naija used Hyundai Accent 2013, what do I need to check out for. Thank you for the responses.
Service history.
Your best bet is going with a good technician for inspection.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Giditailor(m): 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2023
Good evening.

Please I need help with my 08 Elantra. Its been parked for a long time but I intend fixing it now. While driving, it doesn't move into next gear when the gas pedal is stepped on. Rather engine only revs higher then it takes some time before gear eventually engages. Reverse works perfectly. It was scanned and the flowing codes came up:

P0700 - Transmission control system (MIL requested)
P0011 - "A" Camshaft position - Timing over advanced or system performance
P0501 - Vehicle speed sensor "A" range performance
P0625 - Generator Field/F Terminal circuit Low.

Please help, thanks.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Donpre(m): 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
How bad are the GDi engines?

The Sonatas looks awesome but concerns are the engines worry me
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by strangest(m): 7:57am On Sep 29, 2023
Please can someone direct me on how to get a replacement for the Hyundai Key steering component

It's from a Hyundai Veracruz 2012

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by mrvitalis(m): 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2023
chukel:
What's your take on Santa Fe 2015 ... A good car to buy for a lady? Note car is Nigeria used and user is elderly

Don't want a car to give her issues

Thanks for your response in advance
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2023
mrvitalis:

What's your take on Santa Fe 2015 ... A good car to buy for a lady? Note car is Nigeria used and user is elderly

Don't want a car to give her issues

Thanks for your response in advance
I'm always sceptical about Nigerian used. Do due diligence. Those Korean cars are best not bought Nigerian used. They don't tolerate abuse. Most Nigerian used cars are abused.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by mrvitalis(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
chukel:
I'm always sceptical about Nigerian used. Do due diligence. Those Korean cars are best not bought Nigerian used. They don't tolerate abuse. Most Nigerian used cars are abused.
Thanks a lot boss
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by demolagilbert: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hit me up for Genuine Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi SP3 ATF. New stock in.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Freethought(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Good morning all, i just bought a Hyundai Sonata 2010 with a very bad engine with the help of a mischievous mechanic i thought i could trust. I've tried to return the car but to no avail. Now it seems the only option i have now is to fix the car.

The engine smokes from inside the bonnet and also leaks oil and water together (all dese we didn't see when we checked the car)

Can anyone recommend a sound Hyundai engineer or tell me the best advice on what to do. Thank you
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2023
Freethought:
Good morning all, i just bought a Hyundai Sonata 2010 with a very bad engine with the help of a mischievous mechanic i thought i could trust. I've tried to return the car but to no avail. Now it seems the only option i have now is to fix the car.

The engine smokes from inside the bonnet and also leaks oil and water together (all dese we didn't see when we checked the car)

Can anyone recommend a sound Hyundai engineer or tell me the best advice on what to do. Thank you

Don't fix the engine, get a replacement engine. Only that I was told the engine is a million plus sha.

After fixing get rid of the vehicle grin
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Freethought(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2023
nurey:

Don't fix the engine, get a replacement engine. Only that I was told the engine is a million plus sha.

After fixing get rid of the vehicle grin

I do not even have quarter a million not to talk of half..

That's why I'm so angry rn with the guy.

I hope the fixing is in my power dou. Thank you.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Freethought:

When you say it smokes from within the bonnet, I assume it's oil leaks from the valve cover thats dropping on the hot exhaust. If that's the case, a valve cover seal and generous silicone should do the trick.
For the coolant leakage, your mechanic needs to identify where it's leaking from.
As long as the engine never die (at least not yet) you can fix those leaks without issues.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Freethought:

I do not even have quarter a million not to talk of half..

That's why I'm so angry rn with the guy.

I hope the fixing is in my power dou. Thank you.

That's the best advice I can give. But look for a technician for second opinion. But those Kia engines eennnhhh, I reserve my judgement.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Freethought(m): 6:13am On Nov 02, 2023
jceesquare:

When you say it smokes from within the bonnet, I assume it's oil leaks from the valve cover thats dropping on the hot exhaust. If that's the case, a valve cover seal and generous silicone should do the trick.
For the coolant leakage, your mechanic needs to identify where it's leaking from.
As long as the engine never die (at least not yet) you can fix those leaks without issues.

My engineer says he'll have to ring the engine, that it will be okay after that.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Freethought(m): 6:13am On Nov 02, 2023
nurey:

That's the best advice I can give. But look for a technician for second opinion. But those Kia engines eennnhhh, I reserve my judgement.

Please don't reserve your comment o, tell me abeg.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Freethought(m): 6:28am On Nov 02, 2023
MrAmaechi:
Am glad to be here.
I use a sonata Hyundai 2008. NF. Limited. 2.4.
Being using it for a little above 2 years now.
I have being using Total Quartz 5000. 20W-50. I hope it's ok. If not which one?

The car has being serving.
I wanted to change the back coil spring. The inability of the 19 bolts to put out easily, I had to change the sprinkle, back chamber and fix broken nuts in the process of removing. I wonder why the nuts and bolts became so hard that the panel had to put fire on them.

Hello sir, can you please recommend a good Hyundai mechanic that handles your car .. I'm in Lagos
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by MrAmaechi(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
I am not in Lagos.
An experienced Toyota, should be able to help you.

Freethought:

Hello sir, can you please recommend a good Hyundai mechanic that handles your car .. I'm in Lagos
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by wiliz(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
hello guys..... Last week my 08 Elantra lost power steering i shut off the engine and started it back up and it was fine, yesterday it did the same thing.. please what's the cause of this issue and possible solution. thanks
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
wiliz:
hello guys..... Last week my 08 Elantra lost power steering i shut off the engine and started it back up and it was fine, yesterday it did the same thing.. please what's the cause of this issue and possible solution. thanks
Scan
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
wiliz:

[s]Check for leaks in steering rack, pressure pipe or pump[/s]

Check EPS, check EPS fuse/relay, check wiring harness and ground wiring.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2023
kingreign:

Check for leaks in steering rack, pressure pipe or pump.
For an 08 Hyundai Elantra?
Bro read his complains again.
wiliz:
Scan your EPS
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 6:52am On Nov 07, 2023
jceesquare:

For an 08 Hyundai Elantra?
Bro read his complains again.

Scan your EPS

Oh elantra, you're right. Brain fog and stress caused me to think it was honda. I didnt read the 'elantra'
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by wiliz(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
kingreign:

[s]Check for leaks in steering rack, pressure pipe or pump[/s]

Check EPS, check EPS fuse/relay, check wiring harness and ground wiring.
Okay Sir
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
kingreign:

Oh elantra, you're right. Brain fog and stress caused me to think it was honda. I didnt read the 'elantra'
E dey happen.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Androidking: 5:12am On Nov 11, 2023
Hello guys, am considering switching to Hyundai car, Santana Fe or Tucson, the real problem is finding a good technician in a case of repair, its the greatest fear, among my environment, so can a good Toyota Technician work on these kind of Cars? And are they expensive to maintain?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by jceesquare(m): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2023
Androidking:
Hello guys, am considering switching to Hyundai car, Santana Fe or Tucson, the real problem is finding a good technician in a case of repair, its the greatest fear, among my environment, so can a good Toyota Technician work on these kind of Cars? And are they expensive to maintain?
A good technician should be able to diagnose and fix your car. Your major concern should be availability of parts if you do not reside in Lagos, and other big cities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities / The Beast: 9 Things To Know About President Trump’s Inherited Limo / Security Vehicles Made By Brothers From Ekiti State (Pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.