Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,356 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (26375 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Soybean Farming Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:16pm On May 12, 2021
Gidigidi3:

Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission. That thing is meant for hard grass land like we have in far north or turning mashy rice field.
It fails woefully where stumps and loose earth abounds.
thanks so much for this piece of advice, its appreciated
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2021
Being a farmer is one of the hardest things out there, I hate it when I see pictures and comments portraying famers to be poor, dirty, illiterates etc..
Farmers are cute/handsome smart people

It takes as much to be a successful farmer or agribusiness person as it takes to be the CEO of a multi national company..

Stacking of firewood currently ongoing..... WinFarms Garri loading ..... Planning planning planning

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by SimpleGuy001: 8:32am On May 13, 2021
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by SimpleGuy001: 8:38am On May 13, 2021
willybaby:
I got some calls today and I appreciate you all.. below is a break down of cultivating a heactre with us..

Please note it's way less or can more more compared to what others might use to cultivate a heactre, everything below is based on conditions available to us, eg soil texture and fertility that's y no fertiliser application because the soil here is rich for Cassava etc..

both pictures are the same just made one bright and the other dark for easy viewing.. sorry I don't have a printer so couldn't print from my laptop.

Hello sir, do you have a WhatsApp number someone can reach you on?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

Hello sir, do you have a WhatsApp number someone can reach you on?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2021
Good morning folks..
If you considering doing some cultivating this year, the time is now, climate change is real so ensure you plan properly..

It took a month extra but our river is back my dog can now dive and swim happily after a hard day's work on the farm grin

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2021
Before..

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:32am On May 18, 2021
Yesterday evening while discussing on phone with an agribusiness partner I got to discover a bundle of Cassava stems now sell for about 1200 to 1600 depending on the variety..

I must say this is disheartening, truly the futures of our stomachs is bleak.

Research by IITA outgrower initiative shows Nigeria needs an average of 51million bundles of Cassava stem to meet up demand, how do we achieve this do we import stems or what the government and private sectors should act now before it's too late, garri used to be the poor man's food but not anymore...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:39am On May 18, 2021
To those who might not know Cassava is discussed mostly on this thread because that's what it was opened for, but WinFarms is not just into Cassava cultivation..

We cultivate Cassava, maize, upland rice and hopely depending on the rains we will be planting Bambara nuts as our late crop this Season..

Feel free to contact us, ask questions, guidance, drop advises and opinions let's all win together...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by SimpleGuy001: 7:58pm On May 18, 2021
willybaby:
To those who might not know Cassava is discussed mostly on this thread because that's what it was opened for, but WinFarms is not just into Cassava cultivation..

We cultivate Cassava, maize, upland rice and hopely depending on the rains we will be planting Bambara nuts as our late crop this Season..

Feel free to contact us, ask questions, guidance, drop advises and opinions let's all win together...

Hello want to discuss something on WhatsApp, you’re not online for a while

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2021
Time every farmer wakes up smiling is upon us grin

Below are beautiful pictures of our activities dis past few days..

Day b4 yesterday 3wheel barrows of Cassava was harvested.. peeled grounded and bagged..

Today the bags where repressed, regrounded, sieved and fried..

3 wheelbarrow load of Cassava tubers, gotten from a little above 50 stems gave us 2basins dats 20k plus sweet cash. Can't wait to see what an ULA/400 HEAPS will give us..

Please note I wasnt available 100percent so I missed some stages so some pictures bellows are for your viewing pleasure, for illustration and our actions do enjoy

Loading up of our wheelbarrow.. d stem purposely dragged into to pic is to show u so far the Cassava variety making us smile the most

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2021
Harvested tubers about to be loaded

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:40pm On May 19, 2021
Our bags of grounded Cassava ours is actually 2.. d rest belong to other customers processing too..

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:07pm On May 19, 2021
Using a hydraulic jack to squeeze out starch and water

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:10pm On May 19, 2021
Couldn't locate the factory seive so had to improvise

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:12pm On May 19, 2021
Man cannot live by bread alone so b4 frying starts had to add yams to the fire.. roasted yam is Bea to an hungry working belly.. Omo where is d yam in dis pics self grin

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2021
And that's how I fried garri for the first time in my life, after snapping a lot of pictures..

Omo it ain't easy, that's the absolute truth, I tot it was fa after seeing them frying, gisting laughing all at the same time..

Kudos to all who engage in agricultural processing so we all can eat..

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2021
Seived out Cassava not a waste, will be dried and used for flour, or animal feed or casava semo

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2021
Whenever I make a post on this thread I do it with a prayer in my heart that this thread is the motivation someone out there needs to take a step, mind you it mustn't be agriculture, build on your passion, plan, be dedicated and committed and you shall get to ur promised land..

2 years back it all started and now we about to pay out almost 100k just for peeling of tons of tuber, Gods grace shall keep us till we using millions to buy our very own equipments..

Below fried garri pouring freely from a very hot frying pan.. drinking hot garri is delicious grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Jamestown123: 10:54pm On May 19, 2021
willybaby:
Time every farmer wakes up smiling is upon us grin

Below are beautiful pictures of our activities dis past few days..

Day b4 yesterday 3wheel barrows of Cassava was harvested.. peeled grounded and bagged..

Today the bags where repressed, regrounded, sieved and fried..

3 wheelbarrow load of Cassava tubers, gotten from a little above 50 stems gave us 2basins dats 20k plus sweet cash. Can't wait to see what an ULA/400 HEAPS will give us..

Please note I wasnt available 100percent so I missed some stages so some pictures bellows are for your viewing pleasure, for illustration and our actions do enjoy

Loading up of our wheelbarrow.. d stem purposely dragged into to pic is to show u so far the Cassava variety making us smile the most
That's about 15 to 16 basins u will be expecting from an Ula bro. See cash bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 12:13pm On May 20, 2021
Jamestown123:
That's about 15 to 16 basins u will be expecting from an Ula bro. See cash bro.
Okpani after d toiling comes the smiling, we thank God. How's ur end you cooking up something huge too o, ur smile ma go reach ear to ear soon... grin
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Jamestown123: 3:20pm On May 20, 2021
willybaby:
Okpani after d toiling comes the smiling, we thank God. How's ur end you cooking up something huge too o, ur smile ma go reach ear to ear soon... grin
Na oluwa wey dey hope on. Although sun deal with my cassava from last year till now, but from ur calculation God no fit shame us. This is our year indeed bro.

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Eaglesence: 5:14pm On May 20, 2021
willybaby:
Ok everyone.. remember contributions, questions etc are all welcome. But for now this is me signing out, am about to go count 6000heaps to make sure what I paid for has been done

Weldon bro. Iam following you bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2021
Sincerely before making this post I was surprised we at page 16 truly we've come.. the journey hasn't been easy but we thankful..
Harvesting Cassava can give waist pains fa, I wonder how people do it during the dry season..

Harvested 4 Keke truck load all from farm15 to be peeled processed all tru d weekend..

Monday harvest continues.. then we move to farm25

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:54pm On May 20, 2021
Jamestown123:
Na oluwa wey dey hope on. Although sun deal with my cassava from last year till now, but from ur calculation God no fit shame us. This is our year indeed bro.
yea u actually planted late, try replacing the dead ones now d rains are here so d empty heaps don't go to waste.. climate change is real folks
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Jamestown123: 11:31pm On May 20, 2021
willybaby:
yea u actually planted late, try replacing the dead ones now d rains are here so d empty heaps don't go to waste.. climate change is real folks
Have done just that. Thanks bro for ur good work
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by joinnow: 10:54am On May 21, 2021
willybaby:
Good morning folks..
If you considering doing some cultivating this year, the time is now, climate change is real so ensure you plan properly..

It took a month extra but our river is back my dog can now dive and swim happily after a hard day's work on the farm grin
best place for cat fising farming
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2021
joinnow:

best place for cat fising farming
really that's cool. But if you were to farm fish here u will need 24hours security to guard against wild animals and wild humans too grin
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2021
If only we have a president, he will fly our flags at half mast, visit the homes of our generals, attend there state funerals, go to the front lines and speak to our troops, console and ginger them letting them know we behind them but this is Nigeria, a country where government and citizens are so used to death, infact we appreciate and glorify it, we use it to fill our churches and mosque, we use it to solicit 4 votes, we use it to measure our achievement, death on headlines and all around social media now gives us Orgasms, so we pray 4 it, we won't investigate d crashes so it happens again, we will keep preaching hate & tribalism so it doesn't stop...

These past days, my nation hasn't made me smile, I hate so much the things I see daily, my two passions are the military and agriculture
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 23, 2021
TheNigerianPers:
Well Done Op
Following.

What are the benefits of ridges over non-ridge form of planting.
Makes burrowing easier, harvesting easier
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 23, 2021
The cassava tuber I'm seeing in that pic didn't do well at all

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:11pm On May 24, 2021
Omo processing ain't easy fa, numerous number of pain everywhere, rain please fall Na.. sad and happy to see my Cassava babies go....

More more harvest on average we getting 1keke truck load by every 300 to 400heaps, harvest from farm15 ain't bad but I think farm25 will give much more remember all d mistakes like spacing etc was corrected in farm25

Below is a pic of d biggest tuber I personally harvest.. took good minutes to pull out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Farmer Battles To Rescue Sheep Buried In Snow In Staffordshire (Pics, Video) / Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano / Why We Are Importing Grass By Minister Of Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.