Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,514 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (26690 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Soybean Farming Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
folmus:

I just adjusted my neck. I am using a laptop. wink wink
lol sorry about that and hope you enjoyed the rest of the pictures
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by folmus: 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
willybaby:
lol sorry about that and hope you enjoyed the rest of the pictures

Very well. It's a good prospect. We just hope our government can give us the needed security.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2021
just in a day's work brand-new cutlass looking all ancient grin

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Clearing of land currently ongoing, had to use Matchet since all this chain saw people were doing Yanga but in 3 days an heactre has been cleared, who can guess what the land is for....

Guess right, win a bag of what ever is gonna be harvested.....
~WINFARMS
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
willybaby:
Clearing of land currently ongoing, had to use Matchet since all this chain saw people were doing Yanga but in 3 days an heactre has been cleared, who can guess what the land is for....

~WINFARMS
Cassava I guess.
I still feel like going back to farm o but I'm afraid for herdsmen. Let me still be hustling here in FCT for now.
I miss farming so much I even dream about it often. Hmmm.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
Ameboperoo:

Cassava I guess.
I still feel like going back to farm o but I'm afraid for herdsmen. Let me still be hustling here in FCT for now.
I miss farming so much I even dream about it often. Hmmm.
hahahaha sorry sir I really know how you feel, farming is a passion that never lets go, I'd advise you pick up your cutlass and be happy..

Nope not Cassava stay tuned
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
willybaby:
hahahaha sorry sir I really know how you feel, farming is a passion that never lets go, I'd advise you pick up your cutlass and be happy..

Nope not Cassava stay tuned
Fingers crossed. Waiting patiently.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 7:09am On Apr 18, 2021
willybaby:

~WINFARMS
Maize aka corn grin grin
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:55am On Apr 18, 2021
ideepaul:

Maize aka corn grin grin
partly correct but there's something attached to the corn
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 9:39am On Apr 18, 2021
willybaby:
partly correct but there's something attached to the corn
atleast you'll give me 1/2 bag of the corn... popcorn or sweetcorn?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
ideepaul:
atleast you'll give me 1/2 bag of the corn... popcorn or sweetcorn?
grin dully noted
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
happy Sunday everyone, hope you all fine..
Answer to the question posted is
experimental no till organic maize.. Gonna be just an heactre, the land has been shallow for years, high insect populations etc so let's see how it goes...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2021
willybaby:
Land ..........✓
Stem ..........✓
Labour........✓
Equipment .. ✓
Sales .........✓
Processing ...✓

With a lot of God's grace supported with Hardwork, learning, planning, focus and most of all Passion am proud to announce we going mechanical, WINFARMS LTD is about to be birth, a start of something new.
The journey surely won't be an easy one that's why just as from the beginning we all in it together, counsels, criticism, advise, referral are all welcome and Finally to those wanting to become farmers, to those who have been calling and asking you can key into it...
more details below
good morning everyone.. a lil reminder this is still open
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:42am On Apr 22, 2021
willybaby:
Am sure some keen followers would have been asking when would land preparation start for the new season, grin well it's because this season machines are doing all the work, the plan is to cultivate double digits in heactres for Cassava and maybe a heactre or 2 of maize,

if you'd observe no specific number of heactres was given this is due to the fact that there's an open room to partners

please note am not saying it's an investment program where you put this to get that, infact if you do not have passion for agriculture it's advisable you stay off,

Proposed land to be cultivated is in Benue State Nigeria, lower Benue basin authority, 2000 heactres of arable land is available, human labourers, tractors, harvesters, etc all available for rent and personal tractors / machines can be brought in too. No Fulani issues, you can sell from the farm or process harvest using one of the numerous factories near by..

I and my team are fully on ground, you can come visit in person, send a representative/ lawyer etc for more facts finding there's no rushing

you can farm with us in two ways by
1. running your farm yourself while we act as supervisors and get paid a fee

2. An agreed percentage of what's cultivated while be yours at harvest..
you tell us how much you willing to put in, all factors are calculated and agreed by all parties, we cultivate everything and at harvest you produce is all yours

3. my number remains 08062429778 call, visit etc you too can be a part of winfarms let's start together
your welcome to call or visit.. it's still open let's do business
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by savanto: 2:19am On Apr 29, 2021
Please can someone educate me on which fertilizer to apply to my maize, method of application? I have just planted the maize yesterday, so they are yet to germinate.

Thanks
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by northbird: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2021
@ wilybaby,

Please,

1.what's the name of the other herbicide you used with Rooter when you wanted to plant the cassava stems.

Please,

2. What's the application procedure. How many tablespoon scoops to 15 litre of knapsack sprayer.?

You mentioned the other day that the farm was almost 1 ha.

3. Did you eventually use more than 2 sachets of Rooter powder.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2021
northbird:
@ wilybaby, Please, what's the name of the other herbicide you used with Rooter when you wanted to plant the cassava stems.
You can use any paraquat brand like paraeforce, dragon etc.

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2021
savanto:
Please can someone educate me on which fertilizer to apply to my maize, method of application? I have just planted the maize yesterday, so they are yet to germinate.

Thanks
You can use NPK 15:15:15 or 20:10:10.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by northbird: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2021
Ameboperoo:

You can use any paraquat brand like paraeforce, dragon etc.

Thanks boss.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Sterlingsolutns: 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2021
You may need to look at the numbers again

Depending on the specific gravity a dyna has been calibrated as 3 tons of cassava- that is the rough and dirty estimate

A plot of land in your area is 100ft by 100ft or 30.3 metres by 30.3 metres equals 918.18 sqm and 5 of this is a little higher than 4000sqm meters which translates to an acre

With good practice you can get between 15 and 20 tons of cassava per hectare

So your calculation of 1.5 dyna per plot is 4.5tons per plot and in 5 places gives 22.5 tons per acre and in 2.5 places gives above 56 tons per hectare. This would appear fairly high

You might wish to look at this for further readings

Thanks

https://lmu.edu.ng/lmu_news/laud_cava

willybaby:
HAPPY EASTER everyone, hope you all had a blissful day, now to the answers....

1. Am harvesting, my Cassava June and yes it's easier harvesting during the raining season the soil is soft and wet so pulling the Cassava out of the soil ain't to difficult, now a little bit of crop science Cassava grows in stages and during the dry season the Cassava generally shuts down, the leafs fall off, and growth partially stunts, this is its way of coping with the drought but once the rain resumes even if it's just a rain you see the Cassava in days looking all green with new stems etc this is the cassava taping starch and water from the tubers underneath to help it grow, it's a very bad idea to harvest just after the rains resume even if your Cassava is up to 12months. you can harvest a month or 2 after the rains by this time, your tubers ain't just back to its former size but it's added in size and moisture content...

2.. I think Cassava is of more value after the very first harvest season.

3. An Acre here I will be using 5plots of a 100 by 100 that's how we measure in my locality.. grin Dyna is here once again, a plot that does "extremely" well can give you 1.5dyna load a Dyna should be able to produce 6 to 10 basins of garri depending on the kind of tuber, moisture content etc. garri production really has no fixed input to out put conversion rate because no variable is constant. time of harvest, variety, peeling, fermentation all this can affect output..

I chose to use Dyna because you really can't run from it esp if your business would be within your location, you can use the example I gave of a plot to calculate an Acre even heactres. I hope I was of help, thank you..
please my bosses can help out more and correct me if possible too
@ Ameboperoo
@ ideepaul
@ REUBEN010
@ sterlingsolutns

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
savanto:

Thanks
NPK 15 15 15.. would help your maize at its earliest stage then before taselling apply Urea...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
Sterlingsolutns:
You may need to look at the numbers again

Depending on the specific gravity a dyna has been calibrated as 3 tons of cassava- that is the rough and dirty estimate

A plot of land in your area is 100ft by 100ft or 30.3 metres by 30.3 metres equals 918.18 sqm and 5 of this is a little higher than 4000sqm meters which translates to an acre

With good practice you can get between 15 and 20 tons of cassava per hectare

So your calculation of 1.5 dyna per plot is 4.5tons per plot and in 5 places gives 22.5 tons per acre and in 2.5 places gives above 56 tons per hectare. This would appear fairly high

You might wish to look at this for further readings

Thanks

https://lmu.edu.ng/lmu_news/laud_cava

thanks boss, you've been helpful as always, just helped answer a question that's been bugging me
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Abelsonjames590(m): 11:23am On Apr 30, 2021
Great! Keep it up hope to be like you soon.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:12am On May 01, 2021
happy new month everyone, this month our new season starts while the old 1 whines down to an end.. God bless all our hardwork AMEN
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:14am On May 01, 2021
willybaby:
Land ..........✓
Stem ..........✓
Labour........✓
Equipment .. ✓
Sales .........✓
Processing ...✓

With a lot of God's grace supported with Hardwork, learning, planning, focus and most of all Passion am proud to announce we going mechanical, WINFARMS LTD is about to be birth, a start of something new.
The journey surely won't be an easy one that's why just as from the beginning we all in it together, counsels, criticism, advise, referral are all welcome and Finally to those wanting to become farmers, to those who have been calling and asking you can key into it...
more details below
A reminder 4 d new month
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:14am On May 01, 2021
willybaby:
Am sure some keen followers would have been asking when would land preparation start for the new season, grin well it's because this season machines are doing all the work, the plan is to cultivate double digits in heactres for Cassava and maybe a heactre or 2 of maize,

if you'd observe no specific number of heactres was given this is due to the fact that there's an open room to partners

please note am not saying it's an investment program where you put this to get that, infact if you do not have passion for agriculture it's advisable you stay off,

Proposed land to be cultivated is in Benue State Nigeria, lower Benue basin authority, 2000 heactres of arable land is available, human labourers, tractors, harvesters, etc all available for rent and personal tractors / machines can be brought in too. No Fulani issues, you can sell from the farm or process harvest using one of the numerous factories near by..

I and my team are fully on ground, you can come visit in person, send a representative/ lawyer etc for more facts finding there's no rushing

you can farm with us in two ways by
1. running your farm yourself while we act as supervisors and get paid a fee

2. An agreed percentage of what's cultivated while be yours at harvest..
you tell us how much you willing to put in, all factors are calculated and agreed by all parties, we cultivate everything and at harvest you produce is all yours

3. my number remains 08062429778 call, visit etc you too can be a part of winfarms let's start together
do well to visit..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by savanto: 8:54pm On May 01, 2021
willybaby:
NPK 15 15 15.. would help your maize at its earliest stage then before taselling apply Urea...

Thanks
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by savanto: 8:55pm On May 01, 2021
Ameboperoo:

You can use NPK 15:15:15 or 20:10:10.

Thank you
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Gidigidi3(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2021
willybaby:
do well to visit..

Hi, I am interested. What is the estimated cost of clearing, tilling, harrowing and ridging a hectar. Thanks
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2021
Gidigidi3:

Hi, I am interested. What is the estimated cost of clearing, tilling, harrowing and ridging a hectar. Thanks
call or WhatsApp 08062429778
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:01am On May 03, 2021
good morning everyone, wow I must admit, Nigerians do love agriculture, calls and WhatsApp messages daily on WinFarms partnership.. Your all welcome..

On the area of farming with us this season I will be dropping later in d evening clear financial cost from start to finish cultivating a heactre of Cassava..

I plan to turn WinFarms to the next Obasanjo farms and much more grin and it starts from here
.. you do not achieve greatness by cheating and lieing.. number remains 08062429778. note this is the only number to reach us..

Remember we located in Benue State Nigeria and your all free free free to visit and see things urself. it doesn't start and end online
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:02am On May 03, 2021
I haven't forgotten to drop updates on our no till maize farm, just been busy u will all see exciting pictures soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Meet Edose Enaboifo, The CEO Of Sir Ej Farms Enterprise, Abuja / Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Plant / Orji Uzor-Kalu's Mega Farm In Abia State To Cost $400m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.