Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (26586 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Soybean Farming Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
CallMeNJay:

How's your Maize doing and the Oba 95 Seedlings.

Where can i purchase this?

And how many bags will be needed for an Acre of Land inter-cropped with Cassava
maize is doing wonderfully well... Oba 95 white maize seeds is produced and sold by premier seeds can call or visit them also you can also visit agro shops that sell premierseed products.. just confirm it's not rebagged before purchase.. 4kg should be enough

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by CallMeNJay: 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
willybaby:
maize is doing wonderfully well... Oba 95 white maize seeds is produced and sold by premier seeds can call or visit them also you can also visit agro shops that sell premierseed products.. just confirm it's not rebagged before purchase.. 4kg should be enough

Do we have any extra early Maize Seedlings that can mature in 60 Days ( 2 Months) or any one suitable for late panting
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
CallMeNJay:

Do we have any extra early Maize Seedlings that can mature in 60 Days ( 2 Months) or any one suitable for late panting
i think they is.. oba90 also can mature 2months and above
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2020
Finally the heavens are open and the rain is here I never knew a time would come I would pray and beg for rain...
Stay tuned for updates
1. Application of fertilizer in farm15
2. Application of herbicides in farm20

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by CallMeNJay: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
willybaby:
Finally the heavens are open and the rain is here I never knew a time would come I would pray and beg for rain...
Stay tuned for updates
1. Application of fertilizer in farm15
2. Application of herbicides in farm20

We Pray for a bumper harvest
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by CallMeNJay: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
willybaby:
Rain ooooooooo...
Updates from farm15 our weeds are all dead, but rain fall has been delaying application of fertilizer for 2 weeks now.. some corns already have cobs

Farm 15 is doing real good,

From your experience what's the best practice for weed management ?

I'll be planting next week too as a total beginner , would love to learn best weed management practice before and after planting. Thanks.

I already got my Maize seeds Oba Super 4 (Yellow Maize) and expecting my cassava stems next week too.

Your professional advice is highly welcomed.

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
CallMeNJay:

Farm 15 is doing real good,

From your experience what's the best practice for weed management ?

I'll be planting next week too as a total beginner , would love to learn best weed management practice before and after planting. Thanks.

I already got my Maize seeds Oba Super 4 (Yellow Maize) and expecting my cassava stems next week too.

Your professional advice is highly welcomed.
when it comes to weed management using herbicides I think a combination of pre and post mergent herbicides will leave your crops happy.. you might choose to go organic by manually weeding but this to me is expensive and more stressful..
What are the features of oba super 4
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by CallMeNJay: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
willybaby:
when it comes to weed management using herbicides I think a combination of pre and post mergent herbicides will leave your crops happy.. you might choose to go organic by manually weeding but this to me is expensive and more stressful..
What are the features of oba super 4

Almost same as Oba 98 but the kernel colour is yellow and tolerant to most maize diseases , From findings the recommended for yellow maize was Oba super 6 with higher yield and fortified with vitamin A , this wasn't available so i got Oba Super 4 .

What's your recommended pre and post mergent herbicides ? and how do i apply them ?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
CallMeNJay:

Almost same as Oba 98 but the kernel colour is yellow and tolerant to most maize diseases , From findings the recommended for yellow maize was Oba super 6 with higher yield and fortified with vitamin A , this wasn't available so i got Oba Super 4 .

What's your recommended pre and post mergent herbicides ? and how do i apply them ?
sorry sir,I really can't be of much help to be sincere I don't know much about maize cultivation, I added maize to my cassava due to persuasion..
An important advice forget specification of seeds, high yield this, early maturity that, its how you take care of your crop that count maize needs many things
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good evening all....
Updates from. Farm15 coming up..
Our corns story is truely the survival of the fittest..
Pictures coming

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thinking of selling of the corns fresh at a smaller fee or letting them dry up, and sell for a bit higher fee
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Seems monkeys love fresh juicy corn too.. Mr monkey so you know, I love fresh monkey meat too... Lol

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
willybaby:
Seems monkeys love fresh juicy corn too.. Mr monkey so you know, I love fresh monkey meat too... Lol
Those monkeys can be great threat to your corn o.
Look for old clothes and make scarecrows ASAP. Or let a hunter kill some. They showed me shege last year o
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Those monkeys can be great threat to your corn o.
Look for old clothes and make scarecrows ASAP. Or let a hunter kill some. They showed me shege last year o
lol monkey wahala. Red monkeys are much here because its kinda forbidden in the community to eat them.. am happy I have no such restrictions so Hunter here I come
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2020
willybaby:
lol monkey wahala. Red monkeys are much here because its kinda forbidden in the community to eat them.. am happy I have no such restrictions so Hunter here I come
Then on the issue of dried vs fresh harvest, It depends on the price of fresh cob in your area. I carried out an experiment by shelling a number of cobs to fill one mudu of 300, it would have been fetch more if sold fresh.
Only if you can keep the corn till around April the following year and you might spend more on storage/preservation.
Also, when you harvest fresh and cut off the stands, the cassava tends to do better than when you leave in the stands to dry in a mixed cropped farm like yours.

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Then on the issue of dried vs fresh harvest, It depends on the price of fresh cob in your area. I carried out an experiment by shelling a number of cobs to fill one mudu of 300, it would have been fetch more if sold fresh.
Only if you can keep the corn till around April the following year and you might spend more on storage/preservation.
Also, when you harvest fresh and cut off the stands, the cassava tends to do better than when you leave in the stands to dry in a mixed cropped farm like yours.
thanks so much... Have decided on selling fresh
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
More damage by monkeys..
Update from farm15.. corn selling process ain't that easy actually, these women can Price, the know everything about corn and can make you think your 1 Heactre farm is worth 1000..

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
If I don't eat my corn who will... Taking sweet juicy mature cobs home

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
willybaby:
If I don't eat my corn who will... Taking sweet juicy mature cobs home
That's the reward for working. Don't forget to send my own o undecided

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Sterlingsolutns: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
Your workers really tried. They are skillful at using forceup. Aside from the forceup, which other post emergence herbicide did you use?

Thanks

willybaby:
Good evening all....
Updates from. Farm15 coming up..
Our corns story is truely the survival of the fittest..
Pictures coming
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
Sterlingsolutns:
Your workers really tried. They are skillful at using forceup. Aside from the forceup, which other post emergence herbicide did you use?

Thanks

just the force up Sir... Actually it was a little boy of 15 that sprayed d farm
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Sterlingsolutns: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
The boy actually tried. He is a resource to your venture.

Thanks

willybaby:
just the force up Sir... Actually it was a little boy of 15 that sprayed d farm

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by bizzibodi(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
willybaby:
Goodmorning everyone hope you all well and fine, yesterday I visited the second farm and am happy to say the chemical sprayed has really done its job... Pictures attached..
Is it d rooter?which herbicides precisely.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by bizzibodi(m): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
willybaby:
So everyone stay tuned till Monday when the hoes come calling, and a little secret the corn to be planted here is White.. it's a new hybrid variety that matures in 2 MONTHS.. YEA 2 MONTHS... it was ordered from kaduna yesterday and will be unveiled to you guys soon..
Hello oine,how d I get that corn variety.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by bizzibodi(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
U are doing very oine,I have farmed cassava b4 10htrs during that obj cassava revolution & other time,my uncle farmed 50htrs last 3yrs but nothing came out of it as price fall miserably,many people went into it when d price is high in previous yr,only to fall flat if d supply become too much,price only rise if many are discourage & refuse to cultivate cassava.those who are consistent yr in yr out hammer this year.i intend to branch off into oryza sativa next year.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
bizzibodi:
U are doing very oine,I have farmed cassava b4 10htrs during that obj cassava revolution & other time,my uncle farmed 50htrs last 3yrs but nothing came out of it as price fall miserably,many people went into it when d price is high in previous yr,only to fall flat if d supply become too much,price only rise if many are discourage & refuse to cultivate cassava.those who are consistent yr in yr out hammer this year.i intend to branch off into oryza sativa next year.
The price of cassava is currently out of the roof and I don't think it's coming down anytime soon. Except if perhaps other food stuffs should come down
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
bizzibodi:

Hello oine,how d I get that corn variety.
it's produced and improved by premier seeds oba98
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
bizzibodi:

Is it d rooter?which herbicides precisely.
pre mergent
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
bizzibodi:
if you looking to make more money farm, harvest and process not selling off your tubers.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ameboperoo:

The price of cassava is currently out of the roof and I don't think it's coming down anytime soon. Except if perhaps other food stuffs should come down

I think so too... But I pray food prices become favourable people are dieing imagine a rubber of rice for 2000
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by bizzibodi(m): 8:27am On Sep 02, 2020
willybaby:
if you looking to make more money farm, harvest and process not selling off your tubers.
It is not easy processing very labour intensive.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2020
bizzibodi:

It is not easy processing very labour intensive.
making money ain't easy sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Inspects Farm Implements Procured By The State Govt. / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / Man Without Legs Ploughing On A Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.