Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (26577 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Soybean Farming Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2020
bizzibodi:

It is not easy processing very labour intensive.
Very true. That's another capital intensive, time and labour demanding investment.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ruby12: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
AGRO-CHEMICALS also available***

*Fungicides. (e. g Red force ,Z force e. t. c)

*contact and systemic herbicides (Paraforce , force up, atraforce,weedstorm, sunsate,glyspring, e.t.c.)

*Insecticides. (did force, cyperforce, laraforce, Best,Sniper ,Imiforce. )

*Rodenticide (push out, spatoxin etc)

*Termicide.(rocket etc)

call 08064367661, 09019151522 or 08157342135
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by bizzibodi(m): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
willybaby:
making money ain't easy sir
I am thinking soya bean farming will be more easier does involves to many process,till,plant,weed,harvest ,thresh,store or sell, doesn't require much fertilizer.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
bizzibodi:

I am thinking soya bean farming will be more easier does involves to many process,till,plant,weed,harvest ,thresh,store or sell, doesn't require much fertilizer.
check my Soybean thread
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Woofer: 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
This is my farm, where i planted cassava and maize. The paucity of the rain wreaked havoc as majority of cassava died with the remaining ones just sprouting. Kindly advise the best herbicide to use in this situation

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
Woofer:
This is my farm, where i planted cassava and maize. The paucity of the rain wreaked havoc as majority of cassava died with the remaining ones just sprouting. Kindly advise the best herbicide to use in this situation
i advice you weed manually Sir, no need stressing your plants any further... Keep properly maintaining ur crops there shall be a rebound.. cheers

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
Good evening y'all.. excited to be carrying out some updates today.. activities on the farm ain't daily that's one thing i love about cassava. Currently carrying out some maintenance to make the farm look clean and beautiful pics below
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Clearing of the farms edges this will limit the possibility of fire during the coming harmattan and reduce access to wildlife

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
More clearing.. herbicides can be used too.. just decided going old school

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ladeswiss(f): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2021
Complement of the season to everyone,
@willybaby. Hope you're good please how far have you gone on your farm, have you harvested them am seriously waiting for the outcome as am planning for this year by his grace.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
ladeswiss:
Complement of the season to everyone,
@willybaby. Hope you're good please how far have you gone on your farm, have you harvested them am seriously waiting for the outcome as am planning for this year by his grace.
what a coincidence, I planned updating today and you just mentioned...
Updates coming up Fams
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
smileyA happy HARVESTFULL new year everyone... The rivers are dried up, the soil is stone strong, the bushes are burning but our plants strives on, sapping up the little water available to make sure we get big rich tubers on judgement day
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Updates from farm15
This first pic actually is the best shot of the farm, tall fresh stems dancing with the winds

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
Some heaps are already having cracks... grin A sign everything is well beneath

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Updates from farm25

Things are looking beautiful too but a little clearing would need to be done later, as a safeguard against fire..
Some plants here are taller than does in farm15 irrespective of the fact farm25 was planted a month and half earlier .... NUTRIENTS shocked

Actually had to climb a tree to take this shot

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
Remember questions, contributions, criticism all totally welcome...

Just a side gist going to the farm today I was actually searched out by three different persons asking to buy already.... There totally is a market for cassava.. sharpen your knives, pick up your hoes, start your tractors let's go farming

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Isaaco82: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2021
Well done bro.You are a great guy.
Just an advice.The spacing is not so good. With what I am seeing ,you hardly have up to 2500 stands on an acre.This will limit the expected yield eventually.

I do buy cassava tubers too in case the farm is in Oyo state

Most importantly,I commend you

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2021
Isaaco82:
Well done bro.You are a great guy.
Just an advice.The spacing is not so good. With what I am seeing ,you hardly have up to 2500 stands on an acre.This will limit the expected yield eventually.

I do buy cassava tubers too in case the farm is in Oyo state

Most importantly,I commend you
good morning, you totally right, but we actually discussed about the heaps, spacing etc earlier on this thread and all was corrected on farm25...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2021
Hello everyone a lovely afternoon to you all, if you love yams just watch out new thread loading soon
Seed yams loading
Heaps loaded

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
willybaby:
Hello everyone a lovely afternoon to you all, if you love yams just watch out new thread loading soon
Seed yams loading
Heaps loaded
Oh my gosh! I missed farming. Fulani herdsmen have purssued me from my passion. I used to do yam too but it's like your yam in Venue is preferred in the market. Please do and create the thread I'm following bumper to bumper.

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
These are pictures from my last harvest

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
This is cassava in 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by damoceile: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ameboperoo:

Oh my gosh! I missed farming. Fulani herdsmen have purssued me from my passion. I used to do yam too but it's like your yam in Venue is preferred in the market. Please do and create the thread I'm following bumper to bumper.

And nobody is saying anything as to how to tackle this fulani herdsmen menace, there are a lot of able bodied young men who aspires to venture into agriculture, but we can't since the farmlands are no longer secure..

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Liadi2(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
Please what is the current prices of cassava per caster or pick up?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ameboperoo:
This is cassava in 2019
wow that's a mountain I want to climb.. Congrats and welldone sir
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by shanktang(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Please can I get to buy cassava from anybody in large quantities, if you have please send me a contact
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by shanktang(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
You can contact me on 07033463366
WhatsApp only
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
shanktang:
Please can I get to buy cassava from anybody in large quantities, if you have please send me a contact
Cassava is very scarce now and expensive. Your location also matters.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
Liadi2:
Please what is the current prices of cassava per caster or pick up?
Cabstar should be up to 150k now and still going up because Fulani people are destroying people's cassava farm. Uprooting and feeding to their cattles. I'm wondering how much food stuffs would sell for as this year goes by.

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
shanktang:
your location matters sir, sharing it would be helpful..
Cassava currently is quite expensive
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hello everyone,
Yea Farmers, ain't d dirty, old, bent and poor people we portrayed to be.. we d flex, we Slay

ITS MY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FILLED WITH BLESSINGS 4 ME..
Your all invited let's wine and dine together it's been God

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Inspects Farm Implements Procured By The State Govt. / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / Man Without Legs Ploughing On A Farm (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.