Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. (68484 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Sex Everytime We Meet. / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / PLEASE HELP! My Boyfriend Wants Me To Wash His Clothes, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by loswhite(m): 5:05am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hmmm bae, what about my parents? Especially mum after all the home trainings she gave, wouldn't she think I disgraced her? Being the first daughter, you know how our parents think na.
You are a disgrace for even typing this nonsense... At least now I know why ur boyfriend wants you to be a baby mama
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Princedapace(m): 5:08am On Jun 11, 2020
Come and bond with me and we shall get married next year.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by manontree: 5:16am On Jun 11, 2020
I have seen some situations where a couple needed advise from me. The lady said, Doc, I cant live without him. The man said, God, she is choking the life out of me. I simply want my space

A few years later, both were wrong. The lady not only moved on to a better man and better things, he realized he is the one that couldnt live without her and desperately came to me to help him win her back

You see, no man that respects you (which to me is a cardinal point in a good marriage) would ever wish this on you. He clearly dont value you nor desire being with you for life. In short, you are a stop gap to finding his life mate. Ask yourself, wont he plead for marriage the moment he sees that woman that he cant do without?

Another point, few women can give what you give. You dont ask for money, you take care of things, you love him...That's scarce commodity in today's women. If you have all these, except you look like a whale, there would literally be a long queue seeking your attention. Why settle for this?

Like someone said earlier and like the story of the couple above, a few years down the line and you would look back at this with horror about the mistake you nearly made. For truly he is a mistake

Last shot: For those slating marriage, I have been married for almost two decades, as are my friends. Too numerous to mention. Everyone is having a ball. For that one bad marriage that social media highlights, there are thousands, yes thousands, of amazing unions. Keep deceiving yourselves. Marriage is this and that. Like you arent a product of one

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by AliAgbede22(m): 5:22am On Jun 11, 2020
My dear good morning the truth is that he don't want to marry you

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Avast(m): 5:28am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

I need your opinions please.

There are a lot of good men out there.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by fireback: 5:29am On Jun 11, 2020
Goddys:
@OP your boyfriend position is well-founded. I have come across many girls that are seemingly angelic, calm, well-nurtured who turned out to be a torn in the life of the man years later after marriage.

I have already started rethinking and reorienting myself on the institution of marriage. It doesn't worth it for some guys. Women are unpredictable even to themselves.

My girlfriend said she would wait till I am ready which I know I may not be. She will be the one to advise herself to break up and move on at the right time. I won't do it myself.

Marriage is a favour to women which in most cases turn men to a working robot, not having time to advance themselves spiritually and otherwise.

Advise yourself and seek out men who consider marriage a priority in their list.

Any woman I may eventually go legal with must personally acknowledge I am doing her a favour if marriage is her priority
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 5:32am On Jun 11, 2020
Beatswim:
from my own perspective here, it seems u are the problem here, this guy has seen something about u that he can never live with hence he threw the option
of babymama for u to decide and from your own upbringing, he knows u can never accept it.. My advice is check yourself well before entering another relationship becos this your boyfriend is 35... Shows hes more matured and experienced than u.. Here are somethings u need to check
-men love women that can cooperate with them in responsibility of a home.. If u are have the mentality that its the responsibility of a man to do everything at home.. Check it
Are u clean? Men observe this things.. U may not know.. Some ladies have terrible smell after intercouse hence the guy swears never to marry them
Character... Some ladies are mannerless and haughty and spontaneous mood swings.. Check this
Imcompatible sex life... Some ladies are so insatiable and have higher drive than their partners.. Never unleash all your sex capabilities now that u are courting hence he thinks he might not be able to cope later.
Lastly communication.. are you secretive?if yes pls check it.. I wish u well as u check this things

Thanks bro, I wouldn't say I have any problem, I am clean, we are compatible and all. Even all his friends loves, admire and praises me, they will sometimes ask when he is going to see my people, what are we waiting for but my guy always seem withdrawn or he changes the topic.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Flier: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2020
You are dating a married man,a man at 35 with a good job can not ask you to be a baby mama

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by od501: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2020
KenBen217:

so I'm not the only one who doesn't want to marry and just want kids

Welcome to the club bro....come sit nxt to me abeg grin

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by ayoncox: 5:41am On Jun 11, 2020
Lady I can see you are addicted to that guy.
This is my advice give the relationship a break for 6 month you don't have to tell him.
Just break the communication, change your phone number from now till December.
You will discover that there are better men outside not just one but many.
The guy have discovered that you are very attaching and not independent in your mind and that you have low self esteem, so he is selling the idea to you.

The most important thing you should be doing now is building general relationship with men generally, go on datings this does not mean you will boy friend all of them. Personally I don't believe in that.

Spend time developing your confident and don't try doing something stupid.

I pray you stop being addicted to that guy, remember it is what we love most that often kill us
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by ufuosman(m): 5:43am On Jun 11, 2020
Well if u don't want that baby mama stuff let him go
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 5:43am On Jun 11, 2020
manontree:
I have seen some situations where a couple needed advise from me. The lady said, Doc, I cant live without him. The man said, God, she is choking the life out of me. I simply want my space

A few years later, both were wrong. The lady not only moved on to a better man and better things, he realized he is the one that couldnt live without her and desperately came to me to help him win her back

You see, no man that respects you (which to me is a cardinal point in a good marriage) would ever wish this on you. He clearly dont value you nor desire being with you for life. In short, you are a stop gap to finding his life mate. Ask yourself, wont he plead for marriage the moment he sees that woman that he cant do without?

Another point, few women can give what you give. You dont ask for money, you take care of things, you love him...That's scarce commodity in today's women. If you have all these, except you look like a whale, there would literally be a long queue seeking your attention. Why settle for this?

Like someone said earlier and like the story of the couple above, a few years down the line and you would look back at this with horror about the mistake you nearly made. For truly he is a mistake

Last shot: For those slating marriage, I have been married for almost two decades, as are my friends. Too numerous to mention. Everyone is having a ball. For that one bad marriage that social media highlights, there are thousands, yes thousands, of amazing unions. Keep deceiving yourselves. Marriage is this and that. Like you arent a product of one
Thank you sooo much sir.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Slimsly100(f): 5:45am On Jun 11, 2020
Boredasf:
So you want him to sacrifice his freedom by marrying you abi
Abeg shift!!!

That young man is wise for not wifeing you up.
Marriage benefits Women not men.

I sincerely hope more men adopt this philosophy.
You women don't deserve marriage.
Any man that decides to marry any woman in this 21st century should know that he is doing her a HUGE favor!

Abdg which planet you from oga
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Jamesayo: 5:46am On Jun 11, 2020
He can go get his babies from baby factories. If you love yourself and your future, it's better you RUN for your life. You are completely on your own. He loves his space, which yeye space? You should have learnt better from your own background. Many people never survived it. If you mean the world to him, then he'll do everything to bring you to his space.

If he's shying away, he has his heart somewhere else. Ensure to do the right thing.

God help you!!!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Slimsly100(f): 5:48am On Jun 11, 2020
Did you just say good man
A man that doesn't see you fit to be his wife but sees you very fit to be a baby mama is a your definition of good man
Ok na.
He doesn't want to be committed nor do the right thing but he wants benefits that are gotten from doing the right thing. Free pussy, free children, and space, really
Ó yàmí l'énu
He's just selfish jare!
Space kor!
Moon ní! angry

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nyamve1: 5:53am On Jun 11, 2020
Dicktion:
Naija men are now afraid of Naija ladies cheesy hence, the fear for marriage

Imagine someone unknowingly and unfortunately gets tied forever to a lady like millenniumlady or sweetcunt97 undecided
Even your village people will pray for your soul embarassed
if nt God i would've been a victim, but God dnt abandon his own hmmmm millenniumlady

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Mac2016(m): 5:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:

I don't want to give birth to kids that have 2 homes, I grew up like that(it took me lots of self discipline not to become useless) and wouldn't want that kind of life for my kids, I want them to grow with their parents in ONE house. At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

You're so brilliant and intelligent. You also have answered your own question. No need to be worried. Tell him that your quoted view above. He shd have or buy your idea borne out of love for your future kids (his future kids)!
But my personal opinion dear, you're the one in love o.. This man doesn't like responsibility and I doubt if he's good enough for you, forget all the catch from him.
Try this! Start putting weights/financial responsibility on him.. The way a wife depends on her husband (at least for primary home upkeep). He might run then you know he's just enjoying that you're affordable and sweet cos you gave him almost everything (bodily to say the least) cos you love him and he has to give little or nothing cos you won't request!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 5:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Martinez39s:
Give me your main NL account. I promise not to reveal your identity. Pleeeaaaassssse. grin
You? A red piller, never.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by itzdeejay: 6:03am On Jun 11, 2020
Goddys:
@OP your boyfriend position is well-founded. I have come across many girls that are seemingly angelic, calm, well-nurtured who turned out to be a torn in the life of the man years later after marriage.

My girlfriend said she would wait till I am ready which I know I may not be. She will be the one to advise herself to break up and move on at the right time. I won't do it myself.

Marriage is a favour to women which in most cases turn men to a working robot, not having time to advance themselves spiritually and otherwise.

Advise yourself and seek out men who consider marriage a priority in their list.

Any woman I may eventually go legal with must personally acknowledge I am doing her a favour if marriage is her priority
What are you looking for?
Seems you havent asked or answered the question of 'why we are here and existing?'
There is a difference btw marrying late, to be able to give the kids a better life and this asertion.
Why are we here?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Thisnut(m): 6:04am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
marriage is just a paperwork, You can be married and be unhappy in it. I have a friend who dated for about 18 years before getting married, in between they had 3 kids together .

Marriage was instituted in the bible days because women couldn't consent, the were not counted, they were regarded as properties hence, their fathers had to consent for them.

now everything has changed, women can now speak for themselves. They have same right as men. Your parents don't need to consent for you anymore. If you like a guy you can now move in with him without outside interference.

If you like the guy, you don't have to marry him to live with him and also create a personal space for one another. The guy in question is not bad because he doesn't want marriage, he sounds more like someone who knows what he wants and not being moved by the bandwagons.

A lots of people are married today, not because they know why they are married but because others are doing it. That's why you see people unhappy even from the alter.

You should be happy that you have a modern and civilized man, who isn't sniffing and bossing you around, seeing you as part of his possessions, he sees another stong woman.

If na marriage dey hungry you so bad, leave him and meet someone else who buys same idea, regardless of his personal attributes but if you'd like to stay happy like you're now, be with him and have a family with, maybe somewhere along the line you two will have a reason to marry, even for free, at your children expense.

Choose what you want and not the society choosing for you.

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Infinixs5: 6:07am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hello everyone. This account is created for this .

This issue has been bothering me a lot and I am very confused on what to do.

We have been together for more than 2 years now and we hardly have issues, infact we are a perfect match or so I thought.

I am 26 while he is 35, we both working and I never disturb him for money, I take care of all my needs myself. He is very calm and peaceful, doesn't hit me and I really admire him a lot. I on the other hand is also good, hardworking, not materialistic and all that makes a good woman.

So after thinking of our relationship thoroughly some weeks ago, I realised that there is really nothing stopping us from getting married this year or next. I decided to hear what he has to say because he never talked about us being or getting married. I also noticed that whenever he sees or hears about bad marriages he felt lucky he is not in yet. This always makes me feel bad because I know myself. I also wasn't a fan of marriage before I met him because of so many bad men out there, but everything changed when I met my guy, he is what I want. The very first day we met, the first thought that came to my mind was 'this is my him' I don't know why I had that thought being our first time meeting.

Anyways, few weeks ago I decided to ask him what his plans are. Are we in on a long thing or not? I got the shock of my life when he made me understand that he doesn't want to be tied forever, he loves his space and the way nobody disturbs him. That he only wants a baby mama, he wants me to be the mother his kids but not in marriage. I was mad and I cried for days. He was even sounding like nothing is wrong with being a baby mama, maybe not but I just can't.

Well, I made him understand that I can't be a baby mama and it will also be hard for me to move on with another person. I've bonded so well with him and all that. And I also hate jumping from one man to another. I told him to talk to people who are in successful marriages and stop looking at the bad ones. Today when we were talking I asked him about it and he is still maintaining his stand on the mama.

I don't want to give birth to kids that have 2 homes, I grew up like that(it took me lots of self discipline not to become useless) and wouldn't want that kind of life for my kids, I want them to grow with their parents in ONE house. At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

you can never change his mind..?If not that am the only son; na Baby Mama all the way..
He has a good reason cos some day u will change and become violent and maybe pour him a hot water.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by APOPTOSIS: 6:11am On Jun 11, 2020
manontree:

Well Said From an ELDER.
I am also a Doc.
U hit the Nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by delawal: 6:12am On Jun 11, 2020
i kive close to a hotel where people come to do shorttime. 80percent,of men coming there are,married men, many married guys i know before,look miserable, sone seem to be down after,marriage, is it,dt,marriage is over rated or what. even those,of them who claim to be,enjoyong it i see,them,in some bad corners digging other small,girls or married women

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Uniquekriss(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2020
Ningen:
This is a man that doesn't want to marry you.
But you want to coerce him into it.

Are you that desperate for a ring?
A superficial deception to paddle a lie??

You talk about wanting a good home;
But here you are, ready to build one on a straw.

If you have to BEG and CONVINCE him to marry you, then surely he DOESN'T see your worth. It's all a facade; He will never be committed to you.

Your goals do not align. Find a new path.
There are men out there that'll tick your box.
best advise ever on NL. OP u don't need further advise. That man is only good as a bf, anyman who dates u without a long term plan is just using u, step up your game dear, I'm in same shoe and I'm planning to pull out of d relationship cos my woman doesnt have any plans 4dfuture 4 us

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by zedman1(m): 6:14am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hello everyone. This account is created for this .

This issue has been bothering me a lot and I am very confused on what to do.

We have been together for more than 2 years now and we hardly have issues, infact we are a perfect match or so I thought.

I am 26 while he is 35, we both working and I never disturb him for money, I take care of all my needs myself. He is very calm and peaceful, doesn't hit me and I really admire him a lot. I on the other hand is also good, hardworking, not materialistic and all that makes a good woman.

So after thinking of our relationship thoroughly some weeks ago, I realised that there is really nothing stopping us from getting married this year or next. I decided to hear what he has to say because he never talked about us being or getting married. I also noticed that whenever he sees or hears about bad marriages he felt lucky he is not in yet. This always makes me feel bad because I know myself. I also wasn't a fan of marriage before I met him because of so many bad men out there, but everything changed when I met my guy, he is what I want. The very first day we met, the first thought that came to my mind was 'this is my him' I don't know why I had that thought being our first time meeting.

Anyways, few weeks ago I decided to ask him what his plans are. Are we in on a long thing or not? I got the shock of my life when he made me understand that he doesn't want to be tied forever, he loves his space and the way nobody disturbs him. That he only wants a baby mama, he wants me to be the mother his kids but not in marriage. I was mad and I cried for days. He was even sounding like nothing is wrong with being a baby mama, maybe not but I just can't.

Well, I made him understand that I can't be a baby mama and it will also be hard for me to move on with another person. I've bonded so well with him and all that. And I also hate jumping from one man to another. I told him to talk to people who are in successful marriages and stop looking at the bad ones. Today when we were talking I asked him about it and he is still maintaining his stand on the mama.

If truly you're who you say you are then you must be a good girl. The good ones suffer more in relationships. I hated break ups while I was still single cos' I get hurt so bad for so long.... As a guy o. But truth is, some persons just don't see you as one they'd spend their lives with, no matter how convinced you are that you're meant for them. It's hard to move on (used to be for me though), but you don't force such persons on yourself. If he wants you, he'll stay, explain to him again, if he isn't ready for the kind of union you want, I think you should move on.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by APOPTOSIS: 6:15am On Jun 11, 2020
delawal:
i kive close to a hotel where people come to do shorttime. 80percent,of men coming there are,married men, many married guys i know before,look miserable, sone seem to be down after,marriage, is it,dt,marriage is over rated or what. even those,of them who claim to be,enjoyong it i see,them,in some bad corners digging other small,girls or married women
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Their is a way the brains of men are wired.
.... na only God and men fit explain such.
It takes a woman to become a man to understand such; but you know that's not possible.
I don't think marriage cures sexual expeditions.
It's self discipline and contentment that cure such.
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 6:15am On Jun 11, 2020
zedman1:
If truly you're who you say you are then you must be a good girl. The good ones suffer more in relationships. I hated break ups while I was still single cos' I get hurt so bad for so long.... As a guy o. But truth is, some persons just don't see you as one they'd spend their lives with, no matter how convinced you are that you're meant for them. It's hard to move on (used to be for me though), but you don't force such persons on yourself. If he wants you, he'll stay, explain to him again, if he isn't ready for the kind of union you want, I think you should move on.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 11, 2020
Autogduru411:
He's not alone, they're many of us in this circle.
Then pls, stay single.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 11, 2020
Stargner:

LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF WISDOM !
It's obvious you are yet to know the real "him"
Don't know "him"
Don't want to ever know "him"
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 11, 2020
johnkey:
abeg change your mentality, who you to tag someone irresponsible simply because of their personal decisions? ah ahn! so I can't decide I don't want the extra baggage of a woman in my OWN house?
You're one of those redpiller guys abi. You're the one who should change that mentality. Because you don't want to be a simp doesn't mean you should be an incel.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 11, 2020
olumide4christ:

The 1st sensible, factual and straight to the point response on this thread so far!

Well said!
Thank you.
MOnkeyBabe:
Hi theRe!
Hello ma.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Many Memes For My Redpill Guys. Get In Here. / Man Wonders Why Slay Queens Go Through All This Packaging If Not For Men (photos / Yoruba Man Rocks Isiagu, Marries His Igbo Bride In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.