Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force (4868 Views)

Ignored By Ijaw Man, Bailed By An Hausa Man / Buhari Urges Upu Not To Allow Anioma Rule Delta State. / I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 12:01am On Jan 26, 2011
What I find funny is that people are prepared to turn a blind eye, just because they hope the Governorship will come to their place. Typical reason why Nigeria is the way it is. I do not accept that arguement no matter who tables it.

By the truth I stand, even if it means naming those responsible, and if you dont like it Wesley80, to hell with you.

Uduaghan, Ibori, and thier cohorts have destroyed that state
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Obiagu1(m): 12:01am On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

@asha,
No offense but You do know the meaning of 'IMO' right? And you know so much about how Easterners and Igbo Deltans feel cos u're from . . . . ?
There is no real desire for an Anioma state, in the heat of the agitation, leaders of the Ndokwa nation - a considerable and oil producing part of a potential Anioma state - came out with a communique standing against any division but asking that if d state were to be divided it should retain the name Delta and not Anioma, the region should have 2 of the 3 senatorial districts and so forth. What does that tell u? And about the interest of our brothers in the East, I'lld rather not go into that for safety reasons.

The truth is that both the Easterners and Delta Igbos want Anioma State created. I think the greater agitation for Anioma comes from Anioma and many of them would crucify Easterners anytime they mention Njaba, Etiti, etc states as possible states to be created.

I personally want Anioma.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by asha80(m): 12:03am On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

@asha,
No offense but You do know the meaning of 'IMO' right? And you know so much about how Easterners and Igbo Deltans feel cos u're from . . . . ?
There is no real desire for an Anioma state, in the heat of the agitation, leaders of the Ndokwa nation - a considerable and oil producing part of a potential Anioma state - came out with a communique standing against any division but asking that if d state were to be divided it should retain the name Delta and not Anioma, the region should have 2 of the 3 senatorial districts and so forth. What does that tell u? And about the interest of our brothers in the East, I'lld rather not go into that for safety reasons.

wellyou guys know best about your situation.as for the bolded i do not see any need for that statement as i just posted what i have been seeing appearing on my page on facebook since 2 guys posting there are friends of mine.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by asha80(m): 12:11am On Jan 26, 2011
by the way @monkeyleg why do you say ifeanyi okowa is a thief?are you privy to any information about him that is suspect?moreover i thought he is going for senate or is it house of rep and not governorship?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 12:16am On Jan 26, 2011
@asha 80,

They are the same gaurd. No difference, and I make no apologies for it. Ifeanyi Okowa and co have been part of the Ibori clan for the last 12yrs. he does not represent any change, and if that is the best Delta North can produce then too bad.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by nduchucks: 12:16am On Jan 26, 2011
Sapeleguy and his cohorts don take style sectionalize de discussion for dis thread, like say Delta no be part of naija. If man pikin add contribution now, people like Sapeleguy go say make I ride donkey comot for thread. Mgvbo, mgbo, hmmmm
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by AndreUweh(m): 12:21am On Jan 26, 2011
SapeleGuy:

Wesley80 - no shaking, the thing has to rotate amongst the constituting ethnicities / zones in the state. I must admit that your perspective is quite refreshing.

Andre Uweh - We don't want Coastal State. Delta State is fine the way it is. Power without reponsibility or a vision is useless. we should be discussing development plans instead of banging the tribal drums.
Tune down, you language here is harsh and I will be extremely upset if you continue like that.
On development plans, I suggested that Asaba should be developed by the governors.
On state creation, the Igbo in Delta state have been demanding for a separate state since 1951.
If I may ask, will you be happy when states are created in future and there is no Anioma state but Ijebu, Ibadan, etc are created?.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by asha80(m): 12:25am On Jan 26, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Tune down, you language here is harsh and I will be extremely upset if you continue like that.
On development plans, I suggested that Asaba should be developed by the governors.
On state creation, the Igbo in Delta state have been demanding for a separate state since 1951.
If I may ask, will you be happy when states are created in future and there is no Anioma state but Ijebu, Ibadan, etc are created?.

andre na wa for u.wetin concern sapeleguy with the bolded?is he from deltan north?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 12:26am On Jan 26, 2011
@Monkeyleg,
The point i'm trying to make is that u and your alter ego Sochan do not have to make every single thread an avenue to vent your anger at the govt. or your leaders. Sometimes people just want to have a refreshing discussion of issues devoid of finger pointing. Is that too much to ask for?
@asha,
Like i said i meant no offense, but please accept my apology if u were offended by my comment.
@Obiagu,
U can deny all u want but the truth is an Anioma is even more attractive to the East cos it would balance the eqn i.e 6 Eastern states like their contemporaries and of course the extra attraction of having another oil producing state in its fold (ya i said it). But what would be in it 4 ordinary citizens? Same incompetent leaders.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by jason123: 12:26am On Jan 26, 2011
asha 80:

andre na wa for u.wetin concern sapeleguy with the bolded?is he from deltan north?

I was about saying the same thing but I decided not to before I am called a tribalist. Anyway, thank you!
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by jason123: 12:29am On Jan 26, 2011
@ Andre

What about the yorubas in Kwara and Kogi? or the Ijaws in Ondo? should they also get there own states?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 12:33am On Jan 26, 2011
@Wesley80,

It is not too much to ask, but my passion for Delta state is what drives me.

I am a strong believer in the merit system, never been in support of rotation, because that is what has destroyed and under developed Nigeria. I also believe in social justice. We must speak the truth no matter what the consequence is.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by AndreUweh(m): 12:35am On Jan 26, 2011
jason123:

@ Andre

What about the yorubas in Kwara and Kogi? or the Ijaws in Ondo? should they also get there own states?
[/quo

You and Asha did not understand my question to Sapele guy.
If states are created in Nigeria tommorrow, and the region that has clamoured for a state since 60 years gets none, will he feel alright.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Obiagu1(m): 12:37am On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

@Obiagu,
U can deny all u want but the truth is an Anioma is even more attractive to the East cos it would balance the eqn i.e 6 Eastern states like their contemporaries and of course the extra attraction of having another oil producing state in its fold (ya i said it). But what would be in it 4 ordinary citizens? Same incompetent leaders.

We never viewed it that way because we have options for where a 6th state could be created. Iwuanyawu and Nzeribe groups want it created within the East while ordinarily easterners prefer Anioma as a way to finally unite with their brothers.

When you say incompetent leaders, doesn't Anioma have people deemed competent enough to govern them? Pat Utomi could be governor too.
Has Delta produced competent leaders? Like Ibori?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Chyz2: 12:51am On Jan 26, 2011
jason123:

@ Andre

What exactly does this have to do with delta state.Let them worry about themselves.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 1:08am On Jan 26, 2011
@Obiagu,
The continuous Barstadization of states goes against the laws of economics, we risk continuously producing unviable states like u have in Abia and Ebonyi where u have close to 70% of revenue and allocations going into payment of salaries alone not to talk of some states in the North.Where then would d dev come from?These states wld collapse without federal allocations. And then u speak of an Iwuanyanwu and Nzeribe group? planning for states without resources nor industries? They know their best bet is an oil producing state like Anioma so dont kid yourself.
Nigerians have got to learn to live with themselves, creation of states along ethnic lines only highlights our differences we've got to look beyond such frivolities and start tackling d real issues.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by jason123: 1:10am On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

@Obiagu,
The continuous Barstadization of states goes against the laws of economics, we risk continuously producing unviable states like u have in Abia and Ebonyi where u have close to 70% of revenue and allocations going into payment of salaries alone not to talk of some states in the North.Where then would d dev come from?These states wld collapse without federal allocations. And then u speak of an Iwuanyanwu and Nzeribe group? planning for states without resources nor industries? They know their best bet is an oil producing state like Anioma so dont kid yourself.
Nigerians have got to learn to live with themselves, creation of states along ethnic lines only highlights our differences we've got to look beyond such frivolities and start tackling d real issues.

Thank you.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Chyz2: 1:17am On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

@Obiagu,

I'm guessing you don't get it even up until now.The reason these ethnic groups are clamoring for a state along ethnic lines is because they want to be with their people and just their people. This is evident.I don't know why its so hard for you to comprehend. The real issue is people are held against their will being in this country,simple.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2011
^^^ Sorry but u're so dumb if thats what u think is the solution to any problem in your country - staying with themselves? like brothers dont fight and cheat themselves? U should be laughing at yourself - really!
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Chyz2: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ Sorry but u're so dumb if thats what u think is the solution to any problem in your country - staying with themselves? like brothers dont fight and cheat themselves? U should be laughing at yourself - really!

What I typed is reality.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2011
@Chyz,

What you say is true, especially if people are clamouring for a rotational system rather than one that works on merit.

Why should I wait till 2015 before a Delta North person can contest under the PDP banner or am I wrong? Oga Wesley80 please clarify
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Chyz,

What you say is true, especially if people are clamouring for a rotational system rather than one that works on merit.

Why should I wait till 2015 before a Delta North person can contest under the PDP banner or am I wrong? Oga Wesley80 please clarify

What is true? That development would come when each state in Nigeria is comprised of only one ethnic group is true? or didnt u read what was posted? How many of the states in Nigeria comprised of one ethnic group are models in terms of Development or even stability? What exactly are your points?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Jan 26, 2011
jason123:

@ Andre

What is the population of Ijaws in Ondo state when compared to the population Anioma.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by nduchucks: 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
Sapeleguy:
Exactly my brother. That is why I am a little irritated by these cyber ethnic warriors that are waging online jihad.
We know that the picture they are painting is not true. These politicians discriminate only on the basis of common interest and money, not ethnicity. Ethnicity is how they deceive the simpletons.

I believe that we can return to those glory days.

I don't believe in scapegoating, All the local government council chairmen, commissioners and director generals in the finance ministry should also face corruption charges anything less is an exercise is self deception.

I see that you refer to anyone with views contrary to yours as a jihadist? People from you own region who see things differently are jihadist even if they are Christians, ko?  Tone down on the bias, pal.

wesley80:
@sapeleguy,
Make no mistake about it, the true test of our unity will come in 2015 When it ought to be the 'turn' of Delta north (not my arrangement) to produce the governor. If the rest of the state can accept a candidate from that region it would be a turning point that'lld unify and strengthen d state for good a la Gej and Nigeria, else our not too hidden differences would be brought to d fore like when ibori openly said he wasnt goin 2 dev a non oil producing capital with money from d states oil producing areas!

You expect your people to honour an unwritten rule of rotation in the governorship of Delta state, ko? Let me remind you that your very own GEJ who became a President because of rotation, shunned that rotation scheme. Don’t expect governorship to move to Delta North anytime soon.

Monkeyleg:

What I find funny is that people are prepared to turn a blind eye, just because they hope the Governorship will come to their place. Typical reason why Nigeria is the way it is. I do not accept that arguement no matter who tables it.

By the truth I stand, even if it means naming those responsible, and if you dont like it Wesley80, to hell with you.

Uduaghan, Ibori, and thier cohorts have destroyed that state

A refreshing and honest post - this is the kind of attitude we need across the country.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You expect your people to honour an unwritten rule of rotation in the governorship of Delta state, ko? Let me remind you that your very own GEJ who became a President because of rotation, shunned that rotation scheme. Don’t expect governorship to move to Delta North anytime soon.

Technically, Gej didnt shun it - he only got it sooner than it was due. In Delta state, its scratch my back I scratch yours. With the support Uduaghan currently enjoys from d north, it is hoped that same support would be reciprocated come 2015 to a candidate from the north afterall he wouldnt have won without their support. But that remains to be seen as treachery is not restricted to any particular tribe.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Chyz2: 6:45pm On Jan 26, 2011
Since we are talking about states and creations and whatever here.I taught you all might want to have a look at the type of bullshit that the Ijaws are trying to do with there state creations. They are trying to grab the some of Itsekiri land and also grab Port Harcourt(Igbo land). I swear these people and their expansionism is really annoying.

Look at the bullshit

WHEREAS the various conferences called for the creation of three homogeneous Ijaw States then, we are today, with the strength of evidence from the recent “Retreat” of the Senators to the Niger Delta, calling for the Creation of four more homogenous Ijaw States including, BENI-EBE State comprising the Ijaws of Lagos, Ondo and Edo States with Arogbo as Capital, TORU-EBE State comprising the Ijaws of Delta State with Bomadi as Capital, KENGEMA State, grouping the Degema Communities, Asari Toru Communities, Akuku Toru Communities, Bille Communities, Kula Communities, Aguda Toru Communities, Owuanga Toru communities, Olua Toru Communities, Akilama Toru Communities, Abisse/Ke Communities, Sombreiro Communities and Kalabari Toru Communities with Capital at Degema, and ABAJI State comprising the rest of the Ijaws in Rivers and Akwa Ibom States, encompassing Port Harcourt, Okrika, Ibani, Andoni, Opobo and Nkoro, and related groups with Capital at Port Harcourt; and

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/resolution_001_08.htm

Map of proposed states

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/map.htm
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 7:16pm On Jan 26, 2011
wesley80:

Technically, Gej didnt shun it - he only got it sooner than it was due. In Delta state, its scratch my back I scratch yours. With the support Uduaghan currently enjoys from d north, it is hoped that same support would be reciprocated come 2015 to a candidate from the north afterall he wouldnt have won without their support. But that remains to be seen as treachery is not restricted to any particular tribe.
Wesley80, I am surprised that you are fall for this rubbish plan. People like you are the politically lazy we have in this country, not prepared to fight on merit, just sit and hope in comes your way. I can guarantee you that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Mark it, I know Uduaghan well enough to confirm this your silly wish will come to nothing. Go and look around Delta North there are far more credible "less tainted" candidates that your Ifeanyi Okowa.

I have told you and I will continue to, grow out of this slave mentality. The state belongs to you as well, do not allow the likes of Uduaghan continue to moleste you
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Dis no be time to vex.  A house divided against itself can not stand. I am asking you to remember the ideals of Osadebe, Enahoro, Okotie- Eboh, Omo- Osagie etc etc These great men did not fight one another, the way we are fighting today. Why?  My call is for development for ALL Areas not just Asaba or Sapele.

As I mentioned earlier, we have always played the politics of partnership in Bendel. Let me simply say that the people stopping the creation of Anioma State are not in Delta State. I think at some point you need to address this issue honestly, if you want to make progress.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I see that you refer to anyone with views contrary to yours as a jihadist? People from you own region who see things differently are jihadist even if they are Christians, ko?  Tone down on the bias, pal.

ndu_chucks, my dear fellow don't take everything so literally. When you do  you begin to see things that are not there.  If I had used Crusade as opposed to Jihad would it have been better? So what bias are you talking about?

They say people perish for the lack of knowledge. I have seen communities reduced to ashes because of politics/ethnicity. It would be grossly irresponsible to fan the flames of ethnic conflict when we are all suffering. Can anybody point to any ethnicity/ city / town that is getting preferential treatment in Delta State ?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by EzeUche2(m): 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Since we are talking about states and creations and whatever here.I taught you all might want to have a look at the type of bullshit that the Ijaws are trying to do with there state creations. They are trying to grab the some of Itsekiri land and also grab Port Harcourt(Igbo land). I swear these people and their expansionism is really annoying.

Look at the bullshit

WHEREAS the various conferences called for the creation of three homogeneous Ijaw States then, we are today, with the strength of evidence from the recent “Retreat” of the Senators to the Niger Delta, calling for the Creation of four more homogenous Ijaw States including, BENI-EBE State comprising the Ijaws of Lagos, Ondo and Edo States with Arogbo as Capital, TORU-EBE State comprising the Ijaws of Delta State with Bomadi as Capital, KENGEMA State, grouping the Degema Communities, Asari Toru Communities, Akuku Toru Communities, Bille Communities, Kula Communities, Aguda Toru Communities, Owuanga Toru communities, Olua Toru Communities, Akilama Toru Communities, Abisse/Ke Communities, Sombreiro Communities and Kalabari Toru Communities with Capital at Degema, and ABAJI State comprising the rest of the Ijaws in Rivers and Akwa Ibom States, encompassing Port Harcourt, Okrika, Ibani, Andoni, Opobo and Nkoro, and related groups with Capital at Port Harcourt; and

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/resolution_001_08.htm

Map of proposed states

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/map.htm

They wont succeed. I refuse to have Port Harcourt fall into Ijaw hands. The Ikwerre better see the writing on the wall. These Ijaws have always coveted Port Harcourt. That is why many Ijaw businessmen have invested in Port Harcourt instead of Yenagoa. I refuse to have Port Harcourt fall in Ijaw hands. We Igbos will resist it.

I support the Ijaws having their own states, but expanding into Igboland will be resisted with extreme prejudice.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by ezeagu(m): 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
From Frederick Lugard

…I have the honour to enclose for your information charts of the estuaries and rivers in the neighbourhood of the proposed port and terminus of the Eastern Railway at Diobu or more correctly Iguocha…In the absence of any convenient local name, I would respectfully ask your permission to call this Port Harcourt, and I anticipate, that, in future, it will be one of the most important ports in the coast of West Africa…

www.irmgard-coninx-stiftung.de/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/urbanplanet/collective_identities/Odoemene_Essay.pdf">http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:bz0YcAuQif0J:www.irmgard-coninx-stiftung.de/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/urbanplanet/collective_identities/Odoemene_Essay.pdf
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by jason123: 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ chyz

Can you see why I say I would prefer to stick to the yorubas than join the ijaws in a so called utopian oil rich Niger-delta country? Do you see the way they kill itsekiris in delta state? That is why I laugh when someone tells me about ND republic. undecided undecided

P.S:CAN YOU REMEMBER WHEN I WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS IJAW EXANSIONIST AGENDA? Now, you see? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 / Blood Flows In Rivers As Police, Navy Clash – See How Many People That Got Shot / Court Voids PDP South-west Zonal Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.