Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? (38167 Views)

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? / Elijah Tanko: 4 Women Lay Claim To 6-year-old Boy, Panel Orders DNA Test / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by OdefaGirl(f): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:

Justify your claim.

I know what love is..... Davash grin
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2020
zedman1:
Coming between such fighting couples most times, even if one wants to kill the other and you choose sides, you become a common enemy to both of them as soon as they reconcile -which they'll definitely do in no time.

Exactly I wud nt love to come in between them.... Coz they may settle and I may turn to a common enemy... I spoke to the guy myself... Sometimes, when he enters my room, he start complaining that she did this she did that.. If she comes back, he will lock door and beat her, I always tell him not to beat her and leave her alone..

I can only talk to him but dt lady, a big NO. I can't....

angelEmade:

hmmm u have to speak to her.... Her smiles might be a decoy....she might be dying inside. Don't avoid her cuz u dislike her...she might need help!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Davash222(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2020
OdefaGirl:

I know what love is..... Davash grin
What is love, Odefa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by frozen70(f): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2020
ProfDview1:
Sometimes I don't get, you guys married you love each other but You beat your wife, she in turns reciprocate.. Is love lost after marriage??

Apart from being married, a neighbor friend of mine and his gf fight sometimes.. If it was just an abuse, it would have been okay but it is always physical... The lady can curse and the guy too is not sensible at all, he will lock door and start beating her.... I don't talk with the lady coz I don't like her personally but I hate the fact that the guy beats her... The mumu lady too is living with him and they ain't married.... In the late night, they will fight and in the morning, they will be laughing..

I am just bothered, though I don't like the lady but I feel so bad when I hear them fighting and I hear her voice of pain.. She wouldn't leave, they will still laugh again... As in physical fight oooo, I am not happy at all

Why do couple in marriage engage in physical fight??

There is no way couples won't have issues in their marriage

From infidelity, lack of trust, stingyness, lies and to irresponsiblities on both sides

These are the major reasons for quarrel in marriages

Women have a default of running their mouths from morning till night, especially when things are not really getting on well

Men on the other side, will pick offence with such rather than getting the issue resolved

Well, if they fight and get settled and laugh on, then there is love in the marriage

You can't stay in marriage with out having one ugly issue coming up just get it resolved almost immediately because it has spreading effects
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2020
frozen70:

There is no way couples won't have issues in their marriage

From infidelity, lack of trust, stingyness, lies and to irresponsiblities on both sides

These are the major reasons for quarrel in marriages

Women have a default of running their mouths from morning till night, especially when things are not really getting on well

Men on the other side, will pick offence with such rather than getting the issue resolved

Well, if they fight and get settled and laugh on, then there is love in the marriage

You can't stay in marriage with out having one ugly issue coming up just get it resolved almost immediately because it has spreading effects

Are you a lady? Do u pray to marry such man that will start beating u at any small tin, even boast of beating u... ?

Babe its a big shame especially when u av neighbors, couple disagree but does it have to be physical b4 u can understand each other..

It is hard to bliv such is coming from u, lady...

See my question, physical fight all time.... Not even exchange of insults.

If you think it's good, I hope u get ur man soon cool
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by OdefaGirl(f): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:

What is love, Odefa

Love is when two hearts understands each other, they do wrongs but it is never wrongs to them, they forgive because they know that everyone has got their shortcomings, and they are careful to hurt the other because, they see each other as their second half.....if one sees another as part of one, how then will you hurt yourself? They have respect for one another.
They have almost the same likes and hate almost the same thing..... never bored with each other and most times spent together are real happy moments....they can't just let go of each other..... because they believe that they can't find others to complete them as their half.... it's a genuine feeling.... and it's worth experiencing. wink
This can be between siblings or friends, same sex or opposite sex.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by frozen70(f): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2020
ProfDview1:

Are you a lady? Do u pray to marry such man that will start beating u at any small tin, even boast of beating u... ?

Babe its a big shame especially when u av neighbors, couple disagree but does it have to be physical b4 u can understand each other..

It is hard to bliv such is coming from u, lady...

See my question, physical fight all time.... Not even exchange of insults.

If you think it's good, I hope u get ur man soon cool

You are in a hurry to comment with out proper comprehension of my post

I said problems will always comes up in marriage and I listed them

Do you want me to say that then beating their wives are doing good or you want me to say that such men are idiots

If aan should lose his sanity and beat his wife, then he should expect the public to insult him

It's every woman desires to marry a loving man, but if he becomes a beats or brings out the beast in him because of the words coming out from his wife's mouth, then he will be left alone and she walks out

If a man can not restrains himself from beating a woman, then he shouldn't make her to nag
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Nehyooh(m): 8:16am On Jun 13, 2020
It's well !

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Davash222(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2020
OdefaGirl:

Love is when two hearts understands each other, they do wrongs but it is never wrongs to them, they forgive because they know that everyone has got their shortcomings, and they are careful to hurt the other because, they see each other as their second half.....if one sees another as part of one, how then will you hurt yourself? They have respect for one another.
They have almost the same likes and hate almost the same thing..... never bored with each other and most times spent together are real happy moments....they can't just let go of each other..... because they believe that they can't find others to complete them as their half.... it's a genuine feeling.... and it's worth experiencing. wink
This can be between siblings or friends, same sex or opposite sex.
Lol
I'm not impressed. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Allwell96: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:
LOVE... a word used by two fools to deceive themselves.

your opinion.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by colestephan86: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2020
ProfDview1:
Sometimes I don't get, you guys married you love each other but You beat your wife, she in turns reciprocate.. Is love lost after marriage??

Apart from being married, a neighbor friend of mine and his gf fight sometimes.. If it was just an abuse, it would have been okay but it is always physical... The lady can curse and the guy too is not sensible at all, he will lock door and start beating her.... I don't talk with the lady coz I don't like her personally but I hate the fact that the guy beats her... The mumu lady too is living with him and they ain't married.... In the late night, they will fight and in the morning, they will be laughing..

I am just bothered, though I don't like the lady but I feel so bad when I hear them fighting and I hear her voice of pain.. She wouldn't leave, they will still laugh again... As in physical fight oooo, I am not happy at all

Why do couple in marriage engage in physical fight??
As they say, the deaf husband and the blind wife always make the best couple.
In marriage you don't react to everything.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Allwell96: 8:31am On Jun 13, 2020
What we all need to know is, anger can be controlled. Whenever I find myself angry, I quickly remember that it is controllable. Try not to talk or react to provocation when you are angry at any point in time. That's how I run my home and we've never had to raise our voices at each other with my wife, talk less of physical fight. We get angry at times, but before bed time we sit and talk and settle it. Marriage is sweet.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Beolly(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2020
bustykasa:
unfaithfulness and intolerance..
what do I know sef
let me ask Mama bomboy
Please check your email
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by angelEmade: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2020
zedman1:
Coming between such fighting couples most times, even if one wants to kill the other and you choose sides, you become a common enemy to both of them as soon as they reconcile -which they'll definitely do in no time.
I have done this several times...that's why i have a big circle of friends. There is a young man who calls me his second wiffey and his wife calls me my wife. In the first year of their marriage they had issues and the man was of the point that he was no longer interested. She told me about everything on phone and i opt to speak to the man. Good thing he opened up and i was able to advice the wife on her shortcomings. The simple thing causing issues between them is that the man was in the seminary preparing to get ordained as a pastor. the wife however loves to make exploits in bed. The husband feels things like mouth action or crazy styles aren't Godly. I told him doing such things and keeping his marriage is much godlier than sending a married woman packing...everyone have their own secrets and when God created sex he didnt mandate any style. Furthermore he sees all those things before he married her so why should he back off now?
Both parties are my good friend till this moment.

If only you see the way they display their love and affection now, you will be amused! the man is about 29yrs now while the lady is 25
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2020
OriOko88:

What did you mean by that First line of yours??
It is what it is.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by craves(m): 8:48am On Jun 13, 2020
dumb question
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 13, 2020
[� � � � �  � � � � � � =� � � � � � � � � � � �  � � � � =90584563]

� � � � �  � �  � � � � � � � , � �  � � � �  � � �  "� � � � �  � �  �  � � � �  � � � �  � � � � � � �  � � � �  � � �  � � � � ".
� � �  � � � � �  � � � �  � � �  � � � � � � � �  � �  � � � � � � � � � .[/� � � � � ]� � �
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Righteousness89(m): 9:04am On Jun 13, 2020
fortune1968:
This is the kind of talk or approach I hate most . You are a typical Nigerian . No practical approach to any situation ? It is the Devil . Abi ? We should reason better than blaming imaginary devil for our actions or inactions and misbehaviors . That's why our political leaders continue to deceive us so also many useless " pastors " and alfas everywhere in the country .

You Hate or you Love does not Hinder the Truth!

You only Hinder yourself
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Doyou2019: 9:11am On Jun 13, 2020
punisha:
Love is War
This is more metaphorical than it is oxymoronic.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by OdefaGirl(f): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:

Lol
I'm not impressed. wink

Really, maybe you have never experienced it...
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Davash222(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2020
OdefaGirl:

Really, maybe you have never experienced it...
Is it worth experiencing?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by BigTableShaker(f): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2020
Ariza:
Because love, maturity and compatibility aren't the same.
I love my spouse, we are matured but we fight hard cos we ain't compatible.
I am a Capricorn, my spouse is an Aries.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by tobayonline: 9:51am On Jun 13, 2020
FIX IT WITH ONE OFF TOUCH

PRIMEASHNG

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2020
thesicilian:
There's no way two people can live together without having occasional disagreements, except one or both of them are hiding their true characters. The issue is, people have different ways of resolving conflict

sure I take that...

it's only you your self will not be having issues with , but as long as there's another person
everything is compromised except you are the type that over look things that can endure it
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by crusufixo(m): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2020
In my opinion, we dont marry for love in this part of the world. We think we know what love is but sincerely, we dont. because if we really understand what love means, many things would not be happening ( excessive cheating, excessive hatred, killings, plotting one's downfall, just to name a few ). We do not even love our selves in the first place.

Again, in my opinion, marriage in this part of the world is mainly for companionship and having children. Having a partner that can also respect and care for you. Sure they might be / would be an element of love as a result of the care shown by your partner, but not entirely love. In this part of the world, I would say marriage is also about finding someone that has an acceptable level of compatibility with you.

Again, this is just my humble opinion !!!
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by friendl: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2020
If couples don't quarrel ,means there is no love ,....but l don't subscribe to physical combat
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by ddestiny20(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2020
When you get there you go know as he be
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Blade21: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2020
Love is all you need actually because when you genuinely love someone you understand, care, value , pray and generally just be there for them . I don’t understand the kind of love you people practice
Acidosis:

...because it takes more than love to make a marriage/relationship work.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Acidosis(m): 10:52am On Jun 13, 2020
Blade21:
Love is all you need actually because when you genuinely love someone you understand, care, value , pray and generally just be there for them . I don’t understand the kind of love you people practice

My dear, love does not come with emotional maturity, emotional intelligence, communication skills, trust, etc. An intelligent well behaved guy won't love the same way with a badly trained immature heavy drunkard. Bad thing is everyone and anyone can fall in love, badly trained or not. Love won't fix a bad home training, and love won't make an illiterate become literate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Blade21: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2020
When you love people or someone you go out of your way to make them okay and that includes improving yourself but again what we call live is not really love.
Acidosis:

My dear, love does not come with emotional maturity, emotional intelligence, communication skills, trust, etc. An intelligent well behaved guy won't love the same way with a badly trained immature heavy drunkard. Bad thing is everyone and anyone can fall in love, badly trained or not. Love won't fix a bad home training, and love won't make an illiterate become literate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by OdefaGirl(f): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Davash222:

Is it worth experiencing?

It is dear..... what about the love of siblings and parents
Re: Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? by Davash222(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
OdefaGirl:

what about the love of siblings and parents
That one already dey body.. The love is there.. Na follow come.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? / Sex Scandal: Housewife Threatens To Drag Christ Embassy, Pastor To Court (pics) / Nigerian U.S. Marines Officer Returns Home After 6 Years To Surprise His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.