Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 (8309 Views)

No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom / See 3 Reasons Why SW Is Most At Risk Of Fulani Herdsmen/bandits Invasion / Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Simeonjoe1: 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
I see no reason for this thread each region has the right to contest, it can't just be given... So why this thread in the first place

4 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by proeast(m): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinesmart:
There's an evident reason buhari called your tribe 5% and he's not bluffing. You're plain inconsequential in Nigeria. Let's roll the drums come 2023 and see who wins the dancing competition. Only the dumbest of the dumb amongst those major parties gonna hand over their ticket to an igbo man. The hate of many amongst you has dented your image nationally. Power ain't given, it's either you negotiate it or grab it with your influence which you're lacking all thanks to your hate for the whole country.

In 2023, both parties will have no choice but to give their tickets to Igbomen, same way it done for Yorubas in 1999 for peace, equity, justice and fairness to reign. However, if peradventure you guys decide to sabotage it, then you will be handing the presidency to the North on a platter of gold.
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by proeast(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Simeonjoe1:
I see no reason for this thread each region has the right to contest, it can't just be given... So why this thread in the first place

Really!? But it was given to the SW in 1999 or were you still a child then?
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by adekolaelect(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
grin grin we will support a Hausa - Fulani presidency in 2023 if PDP and APC failed to Zone the presidential ticket to Igbo of SESS
it is not negotiable that has been your position since you can't be a major stake that determine the winer in this democracy dispensation you all make noise as if northerners did not vote for obasanjo and Jonathan first term against Buhari.

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by fhranchez(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

You obviously don't know anything about Nigeria politics and how manipulative the north can be. The north knows the SW even more than you know yourself. Just like Awolowo, they can never support any afonja who is desperate like Tinubu. Mark my words today, the drug Lord will never become president and he will die trying just like Awo and Abiola.

Now, let me school you on what is going to happen by 2023, northerners in APC will give Tinubu the ticket just to rubbish the South's turn. Then while some of them will decamp to PDP, others will remain in APC but all of them will ensure that the Northern candidate in PDP wins.

Ask yourself where Tinubu is going to get his votes from? SE and SS can't and won't vote for Tinubu for obvious reasons, then North will always vote for their own even if he is Lucifer, then only SW will vote for Tinubu.

You guys think you're smart but you all are obviously rookies who don't understand the game.
point of correction only SW Muslims
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Onlinesmart: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

In 2023, both parties will have no choice but to give their tickets to Igbomen, same way it done for Yorubas in 1999 for peace, equity, justice and fairness to reign. However, if peradventure you guys decide to sabotage it, then you will be handing the presidency to the North on a platter of gold.
I hate it when you talk out of context. You mean APC will just handover power to an igbo man? What's the basis for that? What has the Igbos done to deserve a seat at the presidency? Have you forgotten so quickly all the insults you dish out to other Nigerians that have any contrary opinion to yours? Before I go further how old are you? No insults please, answer me succinctly cos it's only a feable mind that could think in that direction. You must be a kid to think along that line. The 2 major party can never give an igbo man their ticket as that's a grand failure to any party that do that. Grow up to reallty,kiddo.

1 Like

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by proeast(m): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinesmart:
[s]I hate it when you talk out of context. You mean APC will just handover power to an igbo man? What's the basis for that? What has the Igbos done to deserve a seat at the presidency? Have you forgotten so quickly all the insults you dish out to other Nigerians that have any contrary opinion to yours? Before I go further how old are you? No insults please, answer me succinctly cos it's only a feable mind that could think in that direction. You must be a kid to think along that line. The 2 major party can never give an igbo man their ticket as that's a grand failure to any party that do that. Grow up to reallty,kiddo. [/s]

It's obvious you're juvenile albeit one with very limited intellect.

You're too ignorant to be engaged in any meaningful debate.

Next intelligent person please!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by GuyWise101(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinesmart:
I hate it when you talk out of context. You mean APC will just handover power to an igbo man? What's the basis for that? What has the Igbos done to deserve a seat at the presidency? Have you forgotten so quickly all the insults you dish out to other Nigerians that have any contrary opinion to yours? Before I go further how old are you? No insults please, answer me succinctly cos it's only a feable mind that could think in that direction. You must be a kid to think along that line. The 2 major party can never give an igbo man their ticket as that's a grand failure to any party that do that. Grow up to reallty,kiddo.
Guy, Igbos don't hate APC.

Just that we reciprocated the hate bulhari has for us.
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Throwback: 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

How was it done to Yoruba in 1999 when up to 6 fellow Southerners contested the PDP national convention in Jos held in 1998?

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Cosbyrich: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
kettykin:
Absolutely ridiculous and very little facts.
The east should go out and learn about betrayal and atop complaining about the southwest

Igbos betray more than any tribe in Nigeria.
This is Igbos' few timeline in betrayal:

4 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Gabkosh: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

Ogbeni, why are you making mockery of Abiola?

He said we should go to hell abi? But we ended up sending him to hell ourselves grin grin

He thought he has arrived but we cut him to size cool
Reason you have never smelled the presidency

1 Like

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Gabkosh: 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Muna4real:

You see your foolish self? If northern votes got obasanjo the presidency, why didn't you call him an hausa or Fulani? Why did you call him igbo?
Are you daft, where did I call him igbo. Abeg swerve
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Basic123: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

Nigeria has changed a lot since the last couple of decades.

The north will allow Tinubu to emerge from APC then throw in their support to the northern candidate that will emerge from PDP.

They did it against GEJ when even his own party members campaigned and voted against him in favour of Buhari.

If you believe northerners whether in APC or any other party will vote for Tinubu then you're dreaming.

They are only using him and tolerating his presence, the moment he outlives his usefulness as would happen by 2023, they will discard him like a piece of rubbish.

It's Igbo that always tell us what the North will do to Tinubu on behalf of the North grin

is that not funny...

They will never tell us what the North in PDP will do with their useless self in PDP

4 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Olatara(f): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
tinsel:
And OP i will like to ask you a straight question and please be honest while answering.
In 2023 if PDP brings Atiku and Peter Obi again and APC brings a south east man, which party will you vote for?
Atiku and Peter Obi. They will vote for party and blame Southwest.
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Olatara(f): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

Firstly, stop saying you're from the East because I can smell afonja all over you.

Secondly, once APC gives its ticket to an Igboman, the PDP will have no choice but to follow suit.

Nigeria's stability right now would depend on who emerges president in 2023.
Answer the damn question.
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Basic123: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

lol, see how you fail exams.
that means if apc presents Yoruba man, PDP should follow suit and present a Yoruba man?

or if apc presents Hausa, PDP should follow suit and presents Hausa?

lol
Biafran people brain is not working wallahi grin

there emotion is thinking for them

5 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Sammy07: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Basic123:
Biafran people brain is not working wallahi grin
there emotion is thinking for them
don't mind them. imagine, so if PDP later fields an Igbo man.
they'll just settle for him grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Nexus25(f): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO 1,658 67.98%
ALEX EKWUEME 521 21.36%
DON ETIEBET 106 4.35%
GRAHAM DOUGLAS 71 2.91%
JIM NWOBODO 59 2.42%
PHILIP ASIODU 12 0.49%
FRANCIS ELLAH 12 0.49%
----------------------------------------------
TOTAL 2,439 100.00
----------------------------------------------

The mandate wasn't given to him on a platter of gold
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Basic123: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

don't mind them. imagine, so if PDP later fields an Igbo man.
they'll just settle for him grin
Please try and recruit more Yorubas to nairaland we are too few....and some don't know how much Igbo hate us
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Sammy07: 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Basic123:
Please try and recruit more Yorubas to nairaland we are too few....and some don't know how much Igbo hate us
Most of them are busy, (Bitcoin things)
I'm just available cos no much work in the office for now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by 35824L: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Yoruba should stop commenting in this kind of thread abeg. The 2015 & 2019 elections left deep scars in Iboes and they have not stopped blaming Yoruba for taking food from their mouths cheesy

All these threads are just expressions of pain and anguish by Iboes who have realized that Yoruba are not their mates at all. But as usual, they will want to drag south south into their bitterness.

2023 still far. Let the iboes wail all their minds outcheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Chemcrown: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

Nooooo, both parties MUST have candidates from each zone to contest the primary. I think it is better this way. Ekwueme contested against OBJ in 99
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by fulanimafia: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
LegendHero:

Let me give you a task and I want you to undergo it diligently.

From now on, try to frequent northerners discussion on social media about Tinubu and see the vast support he enjoys from them.

Who will defeat Tinubu or Osinbajo with a majority vote margin in the North? Atiku?

What is the total vote Atiku ever had since he has been contesting elections in Nigeria? How many percentage of votes has he ever won in the North? What is his political worth in the North?

Buhari is the only one that enjoy a mass followership in the North after Ahmadu Bello. Buhari consistently got millions of vote since he started contesting in the North even with mushroom party. Besides Buhari in the North, currently no other candidate can get the kind of vote like Buhari in the North. If Buhari supports a Yoruba candidate in APC in 2023, I can tell you the candidate will perform better in the North.

The North are not hateful like the Igbos and the Yorubas will approach them as allies and not necessarily emotional tantrums.
Do you know how many of those Northern governors are Tinubu allies?

Personally, I want Osinbajo to contest because he stand a higher chance of winning more than 85% of Yoruba vote and will have a good margin in the NC and SS too. Then we just need to pick a good vice (Zulum) in the core North and get some percentage there to crown it.

Very wise submission.

Absolutely on point my brother.

4 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
fulanimafia:

Very wise submission.

Absolutely on point my brother.

One love brother.

2 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Area4Area: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

I guess you were the child here, there was no zoning for the 1999 election. A Primary was held and the winner picked (OBJ), Late Ekwueme is not from the SW but he contested at the primaries
Go out and fight like others instead of begging for a slot nobody would ever give you.

1 Like

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Area4Area: 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

Atiku's son had already announced that his father would be participating in the next general election under PDP and you're daydreaming the Yorubas would be giving you APC? Stop screaming who you want to vote for with your 5%, vote your choice. Your 5% amounts to nothing to anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
cosef:

You started accusing others of political "unsophistication", calling others "inconsequential" and dubiously ascribing to yourselves title of kingmakers and other self-glorifying appellations that are simply farcical.

You believe in a winner-takes-all mentality and expected that all cerebral appointments that should come south should come to you, since "abokii no dey school" and the cerebral East have been kicked out of government. You only started your cries and lamentation when Buhari like a typical northerner was ready to literally appoint donkeys and cows from the north into his government than any outsider from the south. You were played. grin

The East have had enough of your insult and have grown a thick skin. Nobody outside yorubaland is keen on voting a yoruba and the East will realistically step down for the North if APC hands over the ticket to the SW by commission or omission. We are not fo0ls.

Its friggin politics, take it easy
Stop being emotional and do what u have to do, vote whoever u wanna vote, they are all useless anyway.
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Andrew13: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mehn d tribalism on nairaland is alarming
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by cosef: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Onlinesmart:

ibo dish insults, I guess you yorubas were being romantic with other tribes when you called SS tribes "ogogoro drunkards", and SE "inconsequantials'.

You ask why the east should get the ticket, but refused to ask why the yorubas should get the ticket again after taking their own share in a zoning arrangement.

The Awolowo treatment definitely awaits whoever yorubas bring to contest. It's either the East or North in 2023.
You don't have much choice as you don't have the numbers.
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by 7lives: 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
DuwaRepublic:
What have the igbos done to garner support from other tribes for us all to champion an Igbo candidate for 2023 presidency?

They actually did a lot, they have hated, insulted, blackmail and cursed others enough to drive home the need for others to vote them.

4 Likes

Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by Onlinesmart: 6:30am On Jun 15, 2020
cosef:

ibo dish insults, I guess you yorubas were being romantic with other tribes when you called SS tribes "ogogoro drunkards", and SE "inconsequantials'.

You ask why the east should get the ticket, but refused to ask why the yorubas should get the ticket again after taking their own share in a zoning arrangement.

The Awolowo treatment definitely awaits whoever yorubas bring to contest. It's either the East or North in 2023.
You don't have much choice as you don't have the numbers.
APC owes you nothing. You can ask pdp to give you their ticket. You've burned every bridges that could have earn you Nigerians'respect. We warned you then but you wouldn't listen. You allowed Kanu to lure you into his madness sojourn. You have every rights to demand 2023 ticket from pdp because you deserve it but to even dare asking APC. Good morning...
Re: Just Like In 2015, SW Is About To Betray The South Again In 2023 by fulanimafia: 6:30am On Jun 15, 2020
proeast:

Could you please tell us how it is in the interest of the North to cede presidency to a region that has had more than its fair share?

Delusions of grandeur grin

It is because the existence of Nigeria as a united nation is hinged on power rotation between the North and South, and both parties know it.

Simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How ANN Will Checkmate PDP, APC — Olawepo-hashim, Presidential Aspirant / Amaechi Talks About FG Mortgages For A Chinese Loan / Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.