Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel (9250 Views)

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) / My Baby Mama By Victoria Ezekiel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

Una just dey burst my brain oh..

No bro on a more serious note i do read d way u analyse other writers work, u go to d extent of bringing to their attention some hidden aspects Dy seem to have ommitted. One can only imagine how fabulous ur story will be if u finally decide to exploit ur rare talent

2 Likes

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by EkopSparoAyara(m): 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Kaycee9242:

No bro on a more serious note i do read d way u analyse other writers work, u go to d extent of bringing to their attention some hidden aspects Dy seem to have ommitted. One can only imagine how fabulous ur story will be if u finally decide to exploit ur rare talent

Kaycee my Man.. Am short of words but I've taken your words for it, maybe some day I will explore my “rare talent"..

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Ann2012(f): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
paqman:
you have everthing a writer deserved to have , if only you can find and ye shall seek. [in mr cosmas voice] . But for me i will definetly write and you will be my first invitee of honour, ann2012 we also be on my list of invitee

Invitation will be gladly accepted smiley
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
So sorry fam for not posting early
This episodes is dedicated to ya all for viewing.
Unedited chapter

Chapter 4

NWAM why do you insist on going to the farm today,please stay here with me" Mama Osita spoke to her son her mind troubled.
"Mama you and your superstition  again"
Osita chukled
"I am a hunter if I don't go to check my games today they will all rotten or get swollen"
he picked up his gun cleaning it with a pieces of rag getting ready to leave,the smoke that oozed from the kitchen fire has turned mama Osita eyes red and made it watery, she sneezed a time or two as she stared at her son and spoke with a serious tone
   "I had a very strange dream that the Orange tree at our backyard fell flat to the ground"
  "How does that concern my going out to the bush mama,and the Orange tree at our backyard is still standing"
Osita laughed at how ridiculous her story was
  "You planted that tree Osita when you were just a child and you know people are dying any how in this community I don't want you to be used as food for Oshimiri ohhh"
Osita bent down to meet his mother eye level
  "Mama nothing is going to happen to me,if I bring my wife home is that how you will treat me like a tata in front of her,I am a man you will see your son will be back in no time" He tried convincing her
"My blood is too bitter for oshimiri to drink"
  "Okay ohh..biko come back early ohh your life is more important to me than Bush meat"
  "Yes mama,I will be careful, please don't forget to give Nnoma the keg of palm wine to give to her father"
"I won't forget,go well"
"Oohh mama"

Osita hit the road whistling a song only known to him,thoughts of his wife to be made him grin in less than a week he would go and pay for her bride price,it was this nonsense festival of Oshimiri that HD withheld his plans but he just couldn't wait any longer.
The morning chills frost his feet and palms ,the day was barely young so the path was lonely ,he very much understood that fear had gripped the whole community of umumiri since loved ones had left for the bush or stream and never returned gone were the days when he would run into a palmwine tapper or a farmer or his fellow hunter in the bush it was only the croak of the frogs and cricket in the bush that exchanged pleasantries with him.

The shrine usually celebrate a big feast which happens once in a blue moon,it was for the coronation of a new chief priest that would take over the shrine and lead the peole, according to tradition the masquerade s of oshimiri would go out to hunt for fresh blood this would go on until he new priest have been coronated it has not happed in years because the community had fervently prayed for long life of the current chief priest because a new festival was always bloody and deadly.

It took a while for Osita to notice that a strange wind seem to be dancing around him something powerful that insects scuttled to hide in the bush
Osita stopped to take a look around him but couldn't see anything
"Who are you " he shouted to the wind setting his gun like a warrior ready for battle
"Show yourself now" he fired the first shot in the wind and waited the wind stopped
"Tufiakwa" Osita spats and walked quickly as his legs could carry him not wanting to be scared but the words of his mother had taken a toll on him.

"Mama...mama ohhh" Nnoma called out from  outside Osita compound dropping the sack bag she held
Nnoma was a girl in her early twenties dark skinned and in her prime she had faced rejection from the people in her community due to the misfortune that had befallen her family but Osita accepted her for who she was and in a week time they would be man and wife she felt excited and could wait for that day to shame her enemies.
"Ah ah, my Sons wife you came very early" mama Osita emerged out from the backyard carrying a bowl of unpeeled melon seed
  "Good morning mama, I wanted to come help out in the house chores"
  "Ohh nneoma thank you so much"
"No problem ma, I brought some ripe fruits I know Osita likes them" Nnoma replied
  "Hmmm"Mama frowned going to sit down as she looked up the cloud
  " what is it mama"Nnoma asked sensing her change in disposition "where is Osita"
"My heart is restless my daughter, because the clouds don't seem to be bright anymore"
  "Hmmm..mama hope all is well...you speak in riddles" Nnoma looks confused
"Your bethroded has gone to check his games in the bush"
"Then why are you worried mama,I guess he should be back soon" Nnoma replied
  "I pray so too, now you can go keep the fruits and least I forget Osita kept palmwine to be sent to your father"
   She stood up with that and walked  to the  back of the house without turning to watch the confused Nnoma.

Hmmm
Hope you enjoyed  this episode

What do you think will happen to Osita
Will he come back home or will his mothers dream prove through

Guys I will really appreciate your comments
Don't just read
Let me know what you think of this chapter
Vote comment and share
Love ya all
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Chapter 5

The wind howled angrily Osita felt himself been thrown strongly to the ground,it all happened so fast ,then he saw angry masquerades as they danced around him ,unknown faces with calabash that oozed smoke hummed what is only known to them he had never felt so terrified on his entire life
  "Please don't hurt me" Osita begged in agony
"My poor mother would die of loneliness, I am all she have ohhh"
The young man pleads were to no avail there was no escape for what awaits him ,he screamed at the top of his voice as he was dragged by the masquerades into the realm of the spirits
"Mama ohhhh"
The howling wind seem to be more powerful than the loud cries of Osita,he slowly accepted his fate as he made peace with his maker ,last thought was of his beloved  Nnoma and his mother before he gave up the ghost.

ABUJA

"What do you mean, your daughter has disappeared into thin air with a stranger,if this is some kind of joke stop it because am not buying it"
Ajoke spoke with a low shrill voice that didn't sound pleasant and a slight frown etched on her face after listening to Charlie story
  Charlie on the other hand looked restless her feet dancing uncontrollable as she wept  profusely after telling the tales of misfortune that have befallen her to her close friend
"Ohhh...you know me Ajo na I don't make expensive jokes,everything I told you is exactly what happened ,I am just so confused right now somma is my only child ,my husband is there fighting for his life I can't loose them both please help me my friend" she dropped to her knees
"Please get up Charlie " she helped the dejected woman up knowing she was drawing attention from sales girls and customers.

Ajoke is a business woman who own several boutiques in some areas in Abuja in her late fifties and well to do marriage was just the only thing missing what had drawn Charlie close to the woman when she moved to Abuja was her blatant honesty ,she was the type of woman that held no grudge ,she spoke her mind not minding if your feelings was hurt.

"The only way I can help you is to take you to baba Otubana,the last time I told you about him you renounced me  like I was the most disgusting person to walk the face of this earth" Ajoke whispered  with a frown
"I will go to anywhere you take me to as long as it will bring my daughter back and save my  husband life" charlie spoke desperately
   "You will do anything" Ajoke asked wanting to be sure
  "Anything " Charlie replied vehemently
   "Then go home and prepare yourself I will come pick you up at nightfall"
   "Really, you will do this for me ,thank you ...thank you Ajoke"
"Its alright Charlie go home and rest" Ajoke replied her helping her to her car outside.

Charlie got to her car and was about driving out when she received a call from the hospital in panic she drove speedily to the hospital parking her car rather carelessly some minutes later at the hospital she ran in demanding to see the doctor as if on cue Dr Paul walked into the reception hall with a file in hand he had that frownline permanently stamped on his forehead that you can hardly predict what's going on through his mind
   "Mrs Ikenna" he called
   "Dr Good evening,I  I how is my husband"
   "Good evening madam,can we talk in my office"
He replied her with a pitiful glance

Jesse found himself driving through a lonely path for several hours ,he only had trees and thick bushes for company ,he wondered why the spirit of God led him down such a path,he hadn't spoken to his family since he embarked on this unknown journey he believed his father had faith in him and was waiting for his own call when he had reached his destination.

Jesse had wondered why they had given him so much love and support, he did nothing to deserve it infact in his school days his grades was the lowest he only graduated with third class by the grace of God, Twenty seven years ago he was picked inside a carton in the bush sick and hungry by this lovely people,they still stood by him when he had scaled through each day with tormenting nightmares where he was been pursued by faceless masquerades that wanted him dead or alive he wasn't sure,there was also a man with a familiar face in agony calling out to him for help,begging to be saved,through the years he had gotten so used to this nightmares that he hadn't considered the possibilities that his destiny  was connected to it all he had prayed for was to be delivered and free but God had a different purpose for him

"The thoughts I have for you are of good and not of evil..."
That thought ran through him to reliven his hope suddenly his car came to a halt

"Oh no not now..not now please"

Jesse was in the middle of nowhere the huge golden sun would soon turn to dusk , there would be a blanket of darkness in the sky ,he didn't want to be left stranded in the middle of nowhere certain it wasn't lack of fuel that stopped the car,he stepped down the earth was red and dusty ,each step he took round the car was imprinted on the earth he detected it was not flat tire
"Then what is the problem "
he soliloquies going for the bonnet when he felt he was no longer alone.

Expect more thrilling updates

What do you think of this chapter?

What do you think happened to Charlie husband would she find the help she seeks?

What awaits Jesse?

Have you checked out my ongoing story Worlds Apart 1 @wattpad vickybr60

Follow me
Drop your comments
Tap that little star below
Share to your friends too.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by lonesome501(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
After u ar done typing any episode of d story,,u should proofread it atleast once,,xo dat u can correct the small small misspellin in d story...((its been a gr8 story by the way..keep it up))

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
lonesome501:
After u ar done typing any episode of d story,,u should proofread it atleast once,,xo dat u can correct the small small misspellin in d story...((its been a gr8 story by the way..keep it up))
thanks lonesome501
That's why I said its unedited
Thanks for reading
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by paqman: 2:29am On Jun 24, 2020
You are doing a great job , but you need to spice it up with more fictional twist , the story can easily be predicted .

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 5:32am On Jun 24, 2020
Nice one op, u are doing great just pay attention to spellings. Kudos to u
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by adefajosekayo(m): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2020
This is interesting Keep it coming. The commentators above said it all
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thanks family for your honest comments
Please help invite friends to join this thread.

Chapter 6

Hey FAM
Don't forget to tap that cute little star below
Show ya girl some love too by dropping comments of what you think of this story so far.

Umumiri

The sun had already formed a golden circle in the sky as people of Umumiri community was ready to settle in for the day ,most were thankful death had not come knocking during the day but that was not the case of Mama osita as she ran to the only man who she knew would help her .
    "Papa Nnoma ohhh" she called out tieying her wrapper to her chest "hey my son,my only son Osita"
    She was in despair, her son Osita has not returned from his hunt and no one claimed to have seen him .
Nwoke a manain his late sixties dark skinned slightly robust rushed out of his house on hearing his name
"Nwayioma why have you come here at this hour ,what have gone wrong"
  He asked knowing most people are now locked  in at this hour of the evening not wanting to be used for sacrifice for Oshimiri.
   "Osita has not returned from the bush ohhh"she fell to the ground wailing
" ah ah mama what is it"Nnoma came out to see her soon to be mother in-law on the ground  wailing
"Have you gone to ask his friends or maybe check the market" Nnoma father asked as his daughter tried to help her up
  "Yes ohhh,yes I have ,no one have seen him today"
  "Hmmm...Osita is not one to suddenly go out without informing anyone "Nnoma replied sitting on the ground with the wailing woman now dejected
"I told him not to go ohhhhh" she lamented
"I told him not to go to the bush"
"Mama calm down na , you are scaring me,Osita will come back ,I know he will"
Nnoma couldn't allow herself to give in to fear, her beloved she believed would return soon
  "You women should stop this noise and allow me to think for a minute"
    They all kept silent looking up to Nwoke relying on his words as an assurance
    "Nnoma take her inside to rest she can't return home at this hour for the road must have been deserted, if Osita doesn't return here before tomorrow I will go look for some of our youths if they will not see me as a mad man to go look for him" he replied shaking his head in agony and despair he wandered when this all will end
    "put yourself together woman,if Osita had fallen into the hands of Oshimiri masquerade am sure then he gave them a hard fight before he died"
  That alone was enough to throw the two women into sorrowful morning as they held each other tightly and wept for it was a great loss
  Whether Nnoma father admitted it or not They all  knew deep within them Osita had fallen prey in the hands of the masquerades and was never going to return but they just wanted to hang on to that slim thread of hope .

ABUJA

Dr Paul led the way to his office as Charlie trailed behind dreading any news the Dr had for her.
    The office was opulently furnished and offered its occupant the luxury of a huge glass wall with the view of the big city ,it still carried the same hospital smell of antiseptic,drugs and so on she distracted herself with the huge human skeleton that stood at the extreme end of the wall a bed which she assumed was used for examination there was a small for adjoined which should be the bathroom.

Dr Paul sat down at his seat opposite her as he motioned for Charlie to seat with a grim smile he searched through files on his desk.

"Yes as to why I called you here, I have found a doctor who could help with your husband case"
Charlie allowed herself to breath holding on to a glint of hope .

"Its a private hospital in India, I have made all the inquiries necessary its a well know medical hospital ,but you could still go on and make your own research to be certain"
He paused to know if he had her attention

"So what do I do Dr" she smiled weakly

He passed her a file which had updates about the hospital and financial updates
"When you are ready let me know let's work on the necessary medical protocols"

"No time madam " he added

"I understand the urgency of it Dr ,can I go see him please"

"Visitors are limited because his case is a fragile one but I will take you to him if you promise to be discrete "

"Yes I will doctor , I understand" Charlie replied with a greatful look

The Dr led her to the private ward where her husband was kept ,she broke into tears her once vibrant husband life is been controlled by beeping monitors and oxygen its been a week but charlie still found it difficult to control her emotions, he looked thin and dead to the world,it was only the ready monitor that showed signs of life .

"I will leave you alone with him now " Dr Paul said after checking the drip attached to his veins

Charlie nodded already seated at the stool close to him

"I have failed you my love... I have failed you,if you were here with me you would have told me what to do...how can I face the harsh trivialities of this world  without you, everything is fallen apart,am at the brink of loosing my mind"
Pouring her heart out she held the cold unmoving hands of her husband

"What do I do now,please I need you to help me scale through this,just wake up from this slumber"

There was an unseen force that came with a howling wind dancing round his car suddenly he was pushed by the spirit to pray he started speaking in tongues as the wind carried dust from the red earth around him Jesse coughed gasping for air

"Return back to where you come from or loose your life"
A voice howled angrily in the wind as it squeezed life out of Jesse

Jesse was loosing his stance on the ground he felt a surge of power building in him ready to explode

"Now I don't care to know what  powerless tactics you use ,but my Bible tells me though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil for my God is with me his rod and his staff they comfort me  by the power and authority he has given me I rebuke you and send you back to where you have come from"
Suddenly there was silence the wind has ceased ,the night was still ,darkness had already blanketed the earth he wondered what lay ahead of him now he knew the journey ahead was no child's play .

Jesse offered a song of Thanksgiving to God as he walked round the car again to be sure all was well
   He found himself playing a song from his phone
  Still by hill song  a fav on his playlist as he sang along all ready and alert.

Whoosh!
Too much drama for one day

Osita is dead..really sad

Charlie is going through a rough time enough to leave her depressed

Jesse seem to be ready now for the battle ahead

Just my thoughts

What are yours?
Drop it in the comment box.

You can search for this book and have access to my ongoing story Worlds Apart 1 on
Wattpad
Vickybr60
You can also have access to this book on
Inkitt
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
So here is a book cover for this story
More ideas are welcome
I will appreciate

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Lakesc: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Chalie seems to have forgotten all her husband told her with all this happening to her, if she decide to take her husband to the hospital in india, what becomes of her daughter? As for osita, i thought he had some powers of his own,but alas! Is quite the opposite.. On the cover page, i think u should change the title using something simpler maybe 'ColonnaMT' Thanks op, great story.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2020
Lakesc:
Chalie seems to have forgotten all her husband told her with all this happening to her, if she decide to take her husband to the hospital in india, what becomes of her daughter? As for osita, i thought he had some powers of his own,but alas! Is quite the opposite.. On the cover page, i think u should change the title using something simpler maybe 'ColonnaMT' Thanks op, great story.
thanks lakesc for taking your time to drop your thoughts it means a lot to me I just hope you tag along till the end.
Kisses*
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Lakesc: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
vickyluvspices:
thanks lakesc for taking your time to drop your thoughts it means a lot to me I just hope you tag along till the end.
Kisses*
Gotcha! just do ur thing.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nice one op, u are doing great

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello FAM expect an update by 9 pm

Please ghost readers can you show ya girl son love

Vickyluvspices
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chapter 7

Am on top of cloud nine right now here is a first review of my work by @sammie12e
#Flawless niaja book club
Wattpad.
"Review of let God judge by @vickybr60
This is so original.
And it screams knowledge of Africa and it's religious conflicts.
Your spellings, grammar and dictions are worthy to be emulated.
I personally would like you to complete your book,as I feel it's too good to be left aside.
I can gladly recommend this book to outsiders.
Thank you ♥️"

So this chapter is dedicated to you gal

Jesse playlist
Let me want what you want by PST Paul Eneche

ABUJA

The darkness that enveloped the thatched house  was so think that charlie could barely make out human figures,she thought it absurd to be all decked up like she was in a special occasion where no one could really see her,though Ajoke her friend sat beside her she could identify the fragrance of her expensive perfume, there were other women also sitted like her,she was certain they held more sophisticated luster and appeals among peers and contemporaries in the society.

They hummed a song only known to them,she was curious as to who or what they were waiting for .
The thatched house where Ajoke had brought her to was spacious though with wooden benches ,there was an inner room in the house covered with a black curtain she could tell from the dim light that shone inside

"What are we waiting for " her curiosity piqued, she whispered impatiently to Ajoke who seem more comfortable with the silence and dark room

"Shh" Ajoke whispered back humming the song along with the bevy of ladies

"Young woman I know why you are here" A voice from the inner room boomed loudly making the women to pause in their ridiculous chanting
Charlie wondered who amongst the women he referred to.

"You seek for answers to your misfortune but" the voice pause with an outrageous laugh making charlie heart skip
"Are you ready to take the steps this women have taken" the voice finally finished waiting for a response
Charlie found her eyes darting round the figures she could make out straining her ears for any kind of response when Ajoke pinched her and whispered

"Say something"

"Ouch"charlie flinched
" ye...yes"she stammered then turned to Ajoke in a low shrill voice that looked frightened
"What is he talking about"
Some one close to her laughed in mockery
"You would soon know my dear"

"I am Otubana the greatest I give wealth protection and solutions but you give to Otubana so you can recieve from him" the voice echoed as sadistic laughter boomed then incantations followed
"Come to Otubana woman...come to me...come"

Charlie stood up from the hard wooden bench she could feel goose pimples rise all over her skin as she slowly walked towards the inner room
The bevy of ladies laughed in chorus,melancholic laughter that resounds from experience
They all knew what awaits her in that room but no one was willing to tell.
It was a mystery she was yet to uncover
She was frightened to her bones but took a step inside the inner room
What she saw made her scream.

Outskirt of Umumiri

My babies ohhhh...please don't take them away"

That was the cry that made Jesse jet up from his sleep it was the middle of the night he had found some tree where he had parked his car to sleep through the remaining hours of the night .

"Please ...my babies...don't kill my boys please"
It was a woman voice
"Ngozi please let's go back those masquerades will kill us" it was now a male voice
Agony was in the air Jesse sensed as he brought out his bible and annionting he locked his car tracing the voice not too far from where he had parked his car he saw a distant figures covered in outrageous clock moving into another part of the bush as the cries of two babies echoed through the night.
Ngozi rolled down on the ground held by a man who was trying to stop her from going after them

"Nooooh..." She screamed
"Please my dear put your self together ,CHI will give us another one"
"Noooh ...it took me years to have a child..Oshimiri cannot just decide to take both from me"she mourned pushing his hands away wanting to bolt after the masquerades
" Ngozi please,it is our tradition that the birth of twins is sacrilegious and to be offered as sacrifice,let them go"he mourned along with his wife

"Afam nooo...oshimiri cannot take my twins from me oh...they should kill me first...After eight years of barrenness, is there no god,
Is there no god that can save us,where is the CHI that you claims gives children can't he protect what He gives"

Afam had succeeded in restraining his wife as he rocked her and they mourned together for their helplessness and loss he looked around the deserted road how far they had chased the masquerades from the midwife house to the bush that led to Oshimiri stream it was forbidden for any ordinary being to see the rock that decorated the stream except the priest of Oshimiri and his assailants.
Today was meant to be a day of joy for the birth of their child after eight good years of Barrenness ,what else could make a man to break down in grief and cry like a woman ,the gods which his forefathers had dedicated their lives to have brought nothing but miseries upon miseries on them
"Ooh...Oshimiri I curse you...I curse the day I was born into this land"

Jesse ignored the two couples as much as he wanted to console them he followed the cloaked masquerades not knowing where he got the confidence from but he sure wouldn't allow them to harm those babies.
They stopped in a big river where a rock decorated as an alter stood he noticed as they danced round the round in incantations placing the babies on the rock as Thiers cries rang out through the night.
Suddenly the wind picked up around Jesse dancing round him with every dirt he couldn't imagine Jesse held his hand to his eyes
" what was it with this wind"
he thought to him self
But the wind couldn't touch him they only hovered around him he noticed
But something was wrong the masquerades were coming towards him with cutlass maidens too appeared around him with calabash that oozed smoked as they danced round him.
"I warned you to leave this land" A sadistic laugh echoed in the wind as Jesse saw himself knocked down hard to the ground .

Gives a devilish laugh

Keeping ya toes up right

If you wanna know what happened to
The twins
Jesse
And what charlie saw that made her scream then
Drop your votes and comments too
No vote no update
Search for my ongoing story
Words Apart 1 on wattpad

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chapter 8

So am going to be putting a song on Jesse playlist on each updates.
Do not forget to tap that cute little star
Drop your comments
Follow me
Recommend this stories to friends
Shout out to Lonesome501,Lakec and kayceeee
Dedicating this updates to ya
Jesse playlist
Always there to help by pastor Paul Eneche
ABUJA

Charlie screamed at the horrible sight that stood opposite the room she couldn't tell if it was a beast or a man for the figures changes at every given moment ...this was a demon a very dirty ugly demon standing before her naked he had horns of a cow face of a human and the .body of an animal the smell around him was so foul that Charlie felt bile rise in her throat.
While she screamed the demon gave a sadistic laugh
"I get that same reaction from every woman"
Then he gave a serious glare that looked murderous and hungry
"Now take off your clothes and come to me"
"What...what are you talking about" she shivered feeling her skin crawl
"Give your womanhood to Otubana and receive his bounties"
He said impatiently as he advanced towards her his hands wrapped over hers like manacles she felt him all over her, Charlie screamed so loud sure she had lost her voice she pushed the beast hard she landed on the floor
"Get away from me you dirty pig"

Struggling to her feet she bolted out of the room.
Out of the thatched house
Out into the bush she ignored Ajoke who called after her ran after her as thorns marked her skin breathing heavily crying in anger and disgust as the memory of the horrible beast was stamped on her head his touch still lingered on her.

"For goodness sake charlie what's wrong with you" Ajoke grabbed her hand forcing her to halt

"You should have told me I was going to offer my body to the most disgusting pig I have ever seen...Jesus I feel so disgusted right now, is that what you are into, you actually let that beast to...oh God I can't even say it" she looked at Ajoke for the first time with judgemental eyes she was running mad

"Oh shut up Charlie" Ajoke said annoyed

"Instead of you rattling about how hypocritical I am or my choice of life you should be greatful I did everything to help you get to the rux of your problems, but now I can see insanity runs in your family" Ajoke snapped

"You are the one insane Ajoke,I feel so disgusted the more I hear you talk"

"Be great full you did not drop dead the instant you ran out of that place,I don't ever want to see your cursed feet around me again,go solve your problems yourself... Nonsense woman...and if you ever mention this to any soul I will show you my true claws,,,Rubbish"
Ajoke matched back to the thatched house

Charlie manages to find her way back home,the gateman Jubril was surprised to see her in such a pathetic state
"Wayo !madam menene"
He inquired looking at her bruised skin and rumbled clothes
She ignored Jubril found her way to her bedroom ,hours spent in the bathroom she knew the whole water in the world was not enough to wash away the dirt she felt inside or the memories that remained thick in her head.

Charlie broke down into tears for the umpteenth time that day she didn't fail to realise she was loosing everyone
Every one so close to her
"Why was I born into this world if negativity was signed into my destiny" she lamented as the running shower poured on her.

Outskirt of Umumiri

Son wake up,I sent you here to set the captives free and set the bond loose to heal the sick and the Afflicted not to be wasted ,you are my Son in whom I am well pleased you need to exist as a Danger to the devil, i have given you the power to go after the devil break his head and proceed without consequences there is enough power in you to function as though the enemy does not exist

Jesse couldn't tell between which was his subconscious mind and reality he heard different kind of noise the first so calm and clear as it whispered to him it made him feel overwhelmed while the other were incantations as they danced around him he heard the cries of the twins as if they knew their end was near.
The air around him was foul to the nostrils it stench of human blood ,smoke oozed from the calabash
he was tied to a tree with a red cloth tied around his eyes the river made every where chilled
"Oshimiri Oshimiri come and accept this offerings we bring to appease you"

A song he loved to sing came into his mind and he found himself singing it getting lost in the song.
"You are always there to help
You are always there to help me
Even when no one else was there
You are always there for me
Even when I can't see you
Even when I cannot trace you
I still have faith in your word
You are always there for me"
" your end have come stranger,you will make a good meal for Oshimiri" a voice said with a sadistic laugh
"no one dares the Oshimiri and lives to see the dawn a new day"
"You lie ..psalm 105 vs 15 says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"
"I am too ruggedized by the blood of Jesus Christ to be wasted by a manmade god, I render your powers useless I cause confusion in your camp I set myself and those baby loosed and free from your shackles in the name of Jesus "

Jesse felt a surge of power as he spoke in a language strange to the masquerades there was a blinding light that stood as a covering over him and the babies .
They couldn't harm him or the babies there was confusion in the camp of the masquerades as they loosed the bonds and blindfold they used on him
Jesse was amazed as he watch the drama unfolding in his eyes the twins was handed over to him and then he was sent on his way
He hurried out of the river not turning back
Then he heard a whisper in his eyes it was calm and swift like the breeze

"Fear not for what you have seen today is the beginning of what I have planned ahead ,I have given you the power to tread on serpents and scorpions"

Jesse turned around looking for the voice but saw nothing but darkness as he found his way out of the bush the Twins had quieted down as they cuddled close to him hiding away from the night chills they had been deprived of clothes for they had just been born few hours ago.
He hid the twins under his shirt and looked around if he would find the couples but they were no where to be seen .
He thought of what to do ,how he was going to take care of the twins ,look for their parents in a strange land .
"I am with you till the end"
The voice spoke again swift and calm Jesse realized he was not alone or no longer alone everything he does was under the push and direction of the holy spirit.
He entered his car and drove into the village not knowing what to expect or where to go.

Whats the worst that charlie is yet to see

Yes I meant every word of what I said
You have the power to trend ,go after the devil break his head and proceed without consequences
But how?
Through the blood of Jesus

If charlie knew this maybe just maybe she would have won...

Watch out for the next chapter.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello FAM
So here is a chapter dropped as promised
Ghost readers ohhhh
Please love me a lil
Comment
And invite friends too

Vickyluvspices
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by lahrra(f): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
Thanks Op.
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14
unpredictedone
,veenessha,
cbella,
bimberry1307,
vickyluvspices
jegbams007
dupsai
lonesome501
skubido
wizsoly
Deckline,
pinkfeet
aprilwise
queenflourish
jane1234
splendidiva
mofy1
shurley22
pricelessangel0
Ephhay
olatex25
TEMMYtpeadex
Giannaaaaaa.
cbella.
Oly0511
purples25
Ibunkun1
gayman99
Pearl05
Clems93
marvin906
Nextlevel10
lady25

2 Likes

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Lakesc: 6:54am On Jun 28, 2020
U are doing great op.. PRE4,come check this..
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lakesc:
U are doing great op.. PRE4,come check this..

Lakesc my bro...i am here.
the book is a very good piece..full of suspense...looks like a non fiction

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Lakesc: 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
PRE4:

Lakesc my bro...i am here.
the book is a very good piece..full of suspense...looks like a non fiction
U are welcome

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by paqman: 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Charlie what have you gotten yourself into , keep it coming vickyluvspices @ ekopsparoayara where hath thou been hope you are fine come and check out this fresh baked episode

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nice one op, i appreciate ur consistency and good works.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nice one op, i appreciate ur consistency and good works.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lakesc:
U are welcome
thanks @pre 4

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
paqman:
Charlie what have you gotten yourself into , keep it coming vickyluvspices @ ekopsparoayara where hath thou been hope you are fine come and check out this fresh baked episode
thanks lovely
I appreciate the love
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
lahrra:
Thanks Op.
welcome to the thread lovely
Please do no hesitate to drop what you think of the episodes so far
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
chapter 9

Please family it will mean a lot to me if you
Vote for this book
Drop your comments
Jesse playlist
π Rock of Ages
   Cleft for me
    Let me hide
    Myself in thee
    You are my shield
     You are my covering
     You are my stability
       You are my foundation..
By ElIJAH OYELADE
Sing along if you know it
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Umumiri

Jesse drove down in to the community dirty and exhausted the twins laid at the back in a deep slumber they looked exhausted from the ordeal they went through,he was lost in thought of how to trace the parents of the boys, he was certain they were grieving for the loss of there children .

It was in the early hours of the morning the sun had already found a place in the cloud to rest ,Jesse was hungry and needed a good sleep looking at the situations of this village he was certain there was no hotel or inn here he looked around the lonely road and houses that looked abandoned he wondered where everyone has gone

"Stop here son,take the twins home ,preach the good news that the hour of salvation for this community have come"

Jesse heard the silent whisper ,it was calm and clear,it came as swift as a passing breeze
He was about to ask questions when he saw a house in front of him with a woman looking forlorn she looked dirty and didn't seem to care as her husband tried forcing food into her mouth.
"Thank you Jesus"
Jesse spoke great fully recognizing them from the other night he drove his car into their compound drawing there attention as he stepped down with a slight smile he held his bible and walked towards them not minding his dirty state.

"Peace unto this house" he greeted standing in front of the two couple who looked at him in a strange way and wondered what the purpose of his visit was
  The woman eyes was distant and swollen from tears she looked at him and spat at the ground

"Have you come to mock us stranger, there is no peace in this house"
Ngozi replied him then looked away
The man stood up looking Jesse straight up in the eyes

"who are you and what do you want"
his eyes was swollen he looked really down in the dumps but Afam was trying to be a man for the sake of his wife
  "I am pastor Jesse, am new in this village" he spoke giving his hand out for a hand shake which was ignored
"What do you want " Adam asked bluntly
"I came to tell you about Jesus,A true friend that stays closer than a brother"

"Jesus...is it that same Jesus that allowed pastor Kingsley to die in the hands of oshimiri,the one that can't even save my babies after years of barrenness, that Jesus is just a myth that existed in this village but died with that pastor,please leave my house"
Afam shouted  ready to get violet

"That Jesus is Very much Alive ,he conquered death and defeated the forces of darkness,he came for our salvation and freedom that we may have life abundantly,and that Jesus loves you and he is interested in you ,he sent me to preach the good news he has come to restore all the cankerworms had stolen from you" Jesse defended not quite shaken by his violent attitude he was filled with a surge of confidence and power.

"My children that was born last night have been sacrificed to the blood sucking gods of this land, if that Jesus you talk about exist my children wouldn't have died,I don't believe in any god ,they are all evil to me"
Afam broke down in tears not shamed that his fellow man was watching him cry .

"Come with me" Jesse smiled as he walked towards his car
Afam stood right where he was as his wife Ngozi  held his hand crying along with him

"Come,your twins are very much alive,it's the dawn of a new day for you" Jesse said again as he opened the back seat of his car the twins were awake one of them opened his mouth and wailed loudly
   The cry of one of the babies was enough for Afam and Ngozi to run towards the car

"Heyyy...its our babies ohhhhh" Ngozi shouted bringing them out from the car as she hugged them closely in tears

"How manage " Afam asked looking at his two boys in bafflement then he looked back at Jesse holding him hard on his shoulder
"How manage,this can't be a dream...my boys was taken by oshimiri masquerades before my very eyes"

"Jesus is the most powerful and he saves who he chooses to save,And take who he chooses to,the go you call oshimiri is just a name,it was made by man and can be destroyed,you just need to denounce it and follow the true one who sees all from his throne"
"This your God that saved my children, how do I thank him"Ngozi asked with tears of happiness as she gave one of the twins to her husband dancing with joy
"Submit to him and be saved from the chains of darkness that have held you bound" Jesse smiled at them
"Yes I submit..we submit our self to serve him forever"
It was a thing of joy to see the happy smiles on there face Jesse prayed for them,he blessed the Twins and dedicated them to God the parents choose the name Miracle and Marvelous  as a remembrance of this day the miracle was indeed marvelous and had never been seen or heard of in Umumiri village that there was a God great enough to defeat Oshimiri.
Before Jesse left on his way he sanctified the whole house and compound he burnt down the small cowries that was given to them by the priest of Oshimiri and everything related to Oshimiri  .

Despite the hospitality of the twins parent Jesse felt an urgent need to continue his journey he entered his car and continued on his way ,he had forgotten he was hungry and had not eaten for days neither had he taken a bath ,but he knew now the secrete of his strength.
  The battle was about to begin.

Charlie  was seated close to her husband in the city hospital ambulance, she had admitted to the doctor her husband case was a spiritual one which no amount of medical measure can cure and she had divided to take him to his village for solution.

Dr Paul had reluctantly signed his discharge from the hospital but Charlie had to sign an undertaken she would take responsibility if anything happened to him .

The ride to Umumiri was a long one ,they had left in the early hours of the morning now darkness had rested its blanket on the sky no soul was seen on the road ,she had never been to her husband place ,he was the type who didn't like to talk about his place of origin ,he had told her it wasn't something he was proud to talk about.

Charlie eyes turned to her husband who was carefully confined in the hospital bed ,even in his unconscious slumber tears came down his eyes
"Don't let them take me to umumiri"
Those words played through her mind ,it plagued her conscience.
     "Am so sorry honey,Am doing this for our daughter...I will do anything to protect you both "
Charlie broke down in tears how does she even locate the stranger and her daughter
   Charlie realized she had blindly left the comfort and safety of the city into a strange land her husband dreaded without knowing her fate or what awaits her and her husband.

"  Madam we have just entered Umumiri ,which direction should I take"
The driver asked loudly from the Ambulance he was a youruba man in his late thirties, dark skinned with thick tribal marks marred on his face and a pink lips.

"That's the problem OGA Tope I don't know which direction to take ,am so clueless right now"

"What do you mean? Madam" the driver questioned confused ,suddenly he brought the Ambulance to a screeching halt as red dust blew everywhere, the wind howled angrily that it shakes the Ambulance

"What is happening " charlie asked frightened as she grabbed the the strap close to her to keep her balance.

"Mogbe !I don't know ,something strange is happening ohh" OGA Tope looked frightened too

"Its like this breeze is trying to stop us from going any further"

"What do you mean? Can't there just be an end to this" charlie feet danced in despair

"Madam Charlie ,no worry,na spiritual matter be this, I will show them I am the son of the great juju man in yorubaland" the driver spoke as he stepped down from the Ambulance pulling out a small cowry from his neck ,he ignored charlie .

"Come back here ,OGA Tope don't be stupid ohhh"
The man was too engrossed in his incantations to even pay attention to her ,he held the cowries between his lips chanting on it.

Charlie watched the whole scene through the widow of the Ambulance... Before her very eyes Tope was picked by the wind and thrown deep into the into the deep forest in between the road.

Charlie screamed knowing he wouldn't survive it ,she screamed loud as the back doors of the Ambulance pulled ferociously out of it hidges and fell to the ground as red dust blew inside it was so mighty that she knew she won't survive it,she was loosing her breath as she tried to cough out the dust that was around her lungs,she tried moving close to hold her husband who laid there unshakingly
   "I am sorry...am so sorry" she whispered before she passed out on the cold hard floor of the Ambulance.

So the twins are reunited again with their family

Salvation has come for the people

Is it going to be easy for Jesse?

Tope the driver couldn't have survived been thrown away by the wind
His charmed failed him

What do you think happened to Charlie and her husband.

Drop your comments

Expect more thrilling chapters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's 85th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Marvelck 's Tribute To Nairaland / Naija Yahoo Life(get Rich And Die Young, Pidgin EDITION) By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.