Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,698 members, 7,813,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel (9247 Views)

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) / My Baby Mama By Victoria Ezekiel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
Bro you are doing well.this is a promising piece.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Ann2012(f): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by paqman: 12:36am On Jun 29, 2020
vickyluvspices:
thanks lovely
I appreciate the love
it is not an easy task to write a story, not just a story a astonishing one . You deserve an accolade

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 5:52am On Jun 29, 2020
Wow op u are doing great. More knowledge to u brother

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Lyydia(f): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2020
I love this. Well-done

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
To have access to more chapters 11up to 13 follow me on wattpad vickybr60
And gain access to the ongoing story worlds Apart1

Chapter 10
Jesse playlist
I will bow to you
By women of faith

Nwoke sat under the mango shade that stood proudly at the centre of his house ignorant of the fact that everyone had gone inside he was the only man that could dare do things differently from the ways of the community.
He had long been branded as a mad man since the incident that happened to the late pastor Kingsley and the other members of the church who had been wiped out inside the church building by a mighty wind most were lost into the wind while some died tragically, Nwoke happened to have escaped death they faithful day but his life never remained the same again he had single-handed buried the remains of the pastor and the other members and had separated himself from any activities that has to do with oshimiri.
Several times he had been beaten to stupor by the youths ,threatened to be burnt to death with his family or flogged by masquerades in the dream he was one survivor whose life was marred with scars which has left his mind tormented.

Today however seemed to look inauspicious as masquerades danced round the whole community they seemed to be in search of someone, there was a rumor that a stranger entered the sacred river of umumiri and rescued the twins that was taken by the masquerades to be used for sacrifice, this had left the whole community in an uproar as everyone seemed to have locked themselves indoor.

Nwoke however choose to ignore the pleas of his daughter Nnomma as she called out to him from the door step in tears
"Papa you know you are all I have ohh,please come inside"

"Oshimiri cannot harm me Nnomma in physical since they have not succeeded in my dreams " he replied his daughter humming one of his favourite song pastor Kingsley have taught him
π. He arose
He arose
Hallelujah Christ Arose π

"Papa please na,I don't want to loose you too ohhh"

"Go inside my daughter it is well"

Nwoke continued his song ignoring the fact that the masquerades were close he seemed undaunted by the hailing songs of oshimiri or the diabolic drums sounds or the cry of his daughter he believed there was a greater realms where other realms was subdued that there was a divine spirit that protected him from the torments of oshimiri.
"A stubborn goat does not go far at all,Nwoke your end has come"
A voice boomed from across the compound as masquerades approached him with cutlass they were covered with heavy cloaked that looked diabolical with a horn on there head
"I am not afraid of you all or your god " he said courageously but was shaking with fear inside of him the wind had picked silently carrying him off his feet "I am not afraid of you Oshimiri"

The masquerades laughed sadistically as they shaked their heads like snakes but was taken by surprise when a voice spoke with Authority behind them
"In the mighty name of Jesus I rebuke you"
They all turned distracted by the familiar voice it was that same stranger that had left them all in confusion the other night suddenly the wind approached Jesse but he was undeterred by it

"I rebuke you evil wind by the fire of the Holy ghost,I command you that have raised your ugly head against the servant of the most high God to be consumed"Jesse declared as he spoke in a different tongue confusing them all again.

They felt the impact of this divine fire and disappeared into thin air.

Nwoke opened his eyes to see a stranger smiling at him instead of the masquerades that had come to harm him no one had been able to stand against Oshimiri
"Ewoooh...heyyy,I have seen Jesus in my compound compound ohhh" he shouted as he ran out of his compound.

Jesse looked confused watching the man
"Papa" Nnomma called out to her father as she ran out of the house she had witnessed the scene, she took a cautious step towards the stranger suspicious of him for he looked dirty and worn out his face covered with beards.

For a moment Jesse thought he felt his heart fluttered as he watched her
"Hello"
He wondered why she watched him in such manner
"I come in peace don't be frightened "

"I know for certain you are not Jesus,why is my father calling you Jesus" she asked in a cracked voice
"But then you saved my father from those masquerades ,how did you do it"

Jesse gave a light smile as he scratched his head lightly "I am not Jesus but I believe He has sent me here " he turned towards the direction where the old man took while running
"Why did he take off any ways"

Somehow Nnomma found herself caught in between the depths of his beautiful eyes "I...I need to go look for my father before they start calling him a mad man again" she muttered before she walked passed him turning several times to watch him.

Jesse eyes never left her retreating figure
"Wow"
He found it hard to believe in the midst of such a confused crises he was attracted to a girl and that was a first for him
Now he understood the saying if your left eye lead you to sin cut it off.
He walked back to his car and drove out of the compound.

The old church building that stood out at the peak of the village had been abandoned for a few years now,the building was in need of critical renovation,the few wooden benches left was broken and had termites feeding off them,spiders had already claimed the tattered building as a territory as their thick cobwebs wrangled as much space as  they could contain ,the wooden pew was broken ,sheets of papers littered everywhere ,there was dark spots on the ground ,as if someone body had been rolled in it even the pieces of wornout papers had dark spots.

Jesse bent down to take a close look at the ground
"Could this be blood"
The building reminded him of the temple of the Israelites after the invasion of king Nebuchadnezzar, the young pastor was yet to understand why he stopped in from of an abandoned church  building splattered with blood surrounded with bushes around it.

"Son you are here because this is where I want you to be"
He heard that swift but very Audible voice, a word from the bible came to him suddenly
"Its in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for ,long before we first heard of Christ, got our hopes up ,he had eyes on us ,had designed us for glorious things, part of it all, God is working out in everything and in everyone"
Ephesians 1:11

Jesse was dirty and worn out as the journey was long and filled with spiritual welfares,still he knelt down in front of the ruined building and prayed

"Ohh precious God ,you told me you are sending me back to my root ,you alone know the best for me and the direction you want me to take,take the lead oh Abba father and I will follow you ,don't leave me half way ......

When Jesse was done in pouring his heart out he headed back to his car to get an anointing oil he needed to sanctify the place and here what God has to say for he knew God was ready to work wonders it doesnt  matter  how ugly the building was he was not interested in the ugliness of the building but the heart that are ready to receive him.

Jesse was not thinking of where he would spend the night knowing no where was safe
" I will send you a helper son,do not be afraid for I am with you till the end "
The voice spoke again
Jesse smiled "Thank you lord"

Indeed The just shall live by faith
Romance 8 vs 30
Moreover whom He did  predestinate
Them he also called and whom he called
Them he aso justified and who he justified
Them he also glorified.

In essence no matter what situation you find your self in
When the time is right God will Judge

Expect more thrilling chapters
And please drop your vote honest reviews and share this link to friends
You can also search for this book on
Inkitt
Heart you all fam
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
Okay FAM keep the comments rolling
To all my ghost readers
����
Please show this gal some love by dropping your comments
Much love
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Questions FAM

Do you think there is a romantic setting in this book?

Who do you think is the Helper promised to be sent to Pastor Jesse?

Are you curious about what happened to somma? Hope you all still remember who somma is.

Drop your answers
The main deal its about to go down .

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
You are doing well sister
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by paqman: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
Who is somma ? Romantic setting am anticipating for the next episode
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by skubido(m): 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Don land oooo

Nice wan sist

More of God ooooo

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by tahir01(m): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2020
Come and update o

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 6:20am On Jul 07, 2020
Op this is a very nice piece, I don't seem to remember who somma is
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
Somma is the daughter to Charlie
She was kidnapped by obike brother to Ikenna
That is charlie husband.

Expect an update tonight

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 5:28am On Jul 08, 2020
vickyluvspices:
Somma is the daughter to Charlie
She was kidnapped by obike brother to Ikenna
That is charlie husband.

Expect an update tonight

Yea yea i remember somma now, Op u didn't update as u promised
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chapter 11

Jesse playlist
Fragrance to fire
By Dunsin oyeka

Nnomma had succeeded in forcing her father to bed ,so he could rest,he had kept on insisting that she looked for the stranger and bring him home,but where was she going to look for him ,he had saved her father with his mystical powers, she never had the opportunity to thank him .
If not for that stranger she might had been  orphaned and all alone in this wicked world,having lost her beloved fiancee and mother to the cold hands of oshimiri,if her father had been the next victim she would have committed suicide knowing the agony would be too much to bear.

It felt more like the deities that the forefathers of umumiri had brought into the land with their own hands had marked her family as a victim,because it had succeeded in stealing her family happiness and leaving them all in despair, she had been heartbroken this past days and forlorn since the death of Osita,he was the only man ready to have anything to do with her who never mocked her father or the circumstances around her life.

Nnomma headed out into the dark with a touch light to go look for the stranger
"Nnomma, where are you going at this hour of the night"
Adanna called out as she approached her friend
Their houses was just a stone throw away from each other but they hadn't seen each other for a while due to the circumstances happening around.

"I...I need to go look for someone"

"I saw what that stranger did where did he get such magical powers to defeat oshimiri masquerades, it has never been heard off"

"Shh! Adanna don't you know the trees and even the wind has ears,I have had enough drama in my life right now ,I don't need anymore ,please don't mention that name again"

"Its true my friend I forgot it brings nothing but badluck ,pains and suffering" Adanna lamented
"But i would like to know where that stranger got those powers ,so I can also use it to protect my poor mother and my siblings"

"Adanna please I need to go look for him,its getting late"

"There is a rumour that the stranger is in that abandoned church building ,I wonder what he is doing there "

"Are you sure"

"Its just a rumour ohhhh" Adanna replied her

"Adanna"A thin woman called from the other Adanna compound

" that's my mother ,I must return back,but I hope you are not thinking of going there this night "

"Am sure those masquerades are looking for him,I need to bring him here"Nnomma replied

" we all know they will come after him for daring the masquerades of the gods" Adanna replied

"Whatever I need to go,see you later" nnomma replied as she left on her way to the abandoned church building "

Nnomma had never felt so terrified as she kept on turning around to check if she was been followed, the serenity of the night was like there was no life in existence, the bloody toll Oshimiri had in the community had taken an inbred fear on every one that everyone was unsafe ,she didn't even know why she was risking her neck to go look for a total stranger,he might be dangerous or worst than oshimiri, she hastened her feet ignoring the slow whisk of the wind ,the distant crock of frogs ,even as vultures hovered high in the sky screeching loudly .

Atlast Nnomma sighted the strangers car parked she moved close to see if he was inside but felt someone's  presence ,the back of her neck pricked she was about screaming when strong arm wrapped around her mouth,she tried struggling kicking hard she was not ready to die that easily.

"Don't scream,relax its me" Jesse said softly as he let her go.
Nnomma slowly allowed herself to relax as she took in deep breaths
"Why didn't you just say you are there,you nearly brought my heart out of my chest" she queried

"I was expecting someone ,but sure not you" Jesse replied

"What?" Nnomma looked confused

"Never mind its really courageous of you to come out here in the dark despite what I see happening in this community" Jesse replied still looking at her

"My father asked me to bring you home,its not safe here"

"Thanks for looking out for my safety,is you father better now"Jesse asked

" yes he is fine,can we go now ,my skin is prickly like something is about to happen"

"Don't feel jumpy,you are safe with me ,God is with us" Jesse smiled"i am pastor Jesse"

"You are a pastor" she frowned

"Yes,I am a pastor and may I know your name" he chuckled

"Nnomma...what brought you to this cursed land"

"The holy spirit brought me here for an assignment and you have such a pretty name"

"Who is the holy spirit again" she inwardly asked herself looking confused

"He is a closest friend and a teacher you would love to have around you"Jesse replied with a smile

" let's go please"Nnomma replied not wanting to know how he could easily read her mind.

"Oshimiri na kute kite
Oshimiri na bada bada...

This song rang in charlie self concious mind as she slept ,she felt uncomfortable, how could the ambulance seat be so hard and hot that her neck was cramped she shivered and was sure she wouldn't be able to move struggling to open her weak eyelids.

The morning sun greeted Charlie as it shone brightly clouding her vision
" I'm tied to a tree"
She tried to move but couldn't ,her feet hurt from standing too long she could not tell how long she had been there,suddenly everything that had happened before she had passed out flashed through her only then was her brain recuperated,only then did she registered that it was the only tree in the strange compound the houses were painted red and black everything about the place was unsettling to an innocent mind ,she wondered if Tope the Ambulance driver might had survived but how would she know.

The strange song that rang through her dazed dream was now heard loud and clear now as strange people came towards her and danced round the tree,they were clad in black wrapper,black charcoal dusted round there eyes and lips ,nzu dusted there bare feet's, each held a calabash with water on it that oozed black smoke
  "Oshimiri na kute kute
Oshimiri na bada bada

Charlie had never felt so frightened in her entire life,it was a whole different kind of fright than when her daughter had disappeared into thin air with a stranger or when her husband had that look like he was about to die,she screamed loud thinking it was a dream they laughed wickedly at her silliness,it was a mockery laugh each sprinkled a drop of water at her from the calabash
" please where are mine? Where is my husband"
She asked desperately but was ignored

"I am pressed,I need to take a pee" she said again struggling to free herself it was to no avail
"Where am I,somebody please help me" the more she screamed the more they mocked her.

It took a while for Charlie to realize there was no help coming for her, the danced seized as they dropped the calabash round her and went away  muttering incantations only known to them
"Oh God what have I gotten my self into? I should have listened to my husband, who did I offend ohhh
Who is doing this to me" she cried bitterly and in shame as hot liquid poured down from in between her thighs wetting her gown and flowed down her feet
"please somebody help me"

Charlie saw no way to cover her shame ,she wept silently not knowing her fate or that of her family,her life had suddenly become a total mess

"Where is this cursed land?".

I have been asked if this book have a bit of romance
I will encourage you all read and see for yourself

It gets more interesting
I had decided to suspend all other stories on my bio to ensure I finish this book soonest

Drop your votes
Honest comments
Share to friends
One love fam
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chapter 12

This chapter is Dedicated to @anna2012
I believe she followed me from niaraland
Thanks  for reading
Jesse playlist
Be still and know that I am God
By Juanita Byrum

My grace is sufficient for you,my power is made perfect in weakness
,my ways are not the ways of men ,you are like a Clay jar which I have stored a treasure ...I will be with you till the end.

That sweet calm voice had woken Jesse up from his deep slumber,he smiled waking up for once in his lifetime, he slept well with no hunting nightmares, he felt well rested and relaxed .

Jesse didn't fail to recognize the different changes around his life,there was this overwhelming power he carried like he was going to explode ,it was too much for him to carry,he was suddenly adjusting to his new life like he had been born anew ,he felt warm and protected like there was a powerful presence always around him.

Jesse fell to his knees and prayed as led in the spirit the journey that laid ahead was enough to make him pray.

Nnnoma wondered why the young pastor had not come out of his room ,after what he had done to the masquerades of oshimiri she wasn't certain he could had survived the wrath of oshimiri through the night .

Instead of concentrating on her morning chores she got up from the backyard and was about going to the  guest room built outside the compound to take a peek ,when she saw him come out from the room,he had freshen up ,Nnomma thought he looked drop dead gorgeous clad in nothing but a simple jean and hackett T-shirt he held his bible and his car key walking down towards their house.

"Good ...good morning pastor" she stammered surprised
"Good morning Nnomma ,why are you looking at me like that" he asked with a smile etched on his handsome face

"You are alive"

"Yes I am alive,obviously" he looked perplexed

"What you did to Oshimiri masquerades..."she stuttered " nobody ever tried to go against the god of this land and lived to see the next day complete"

"But I did" he chucked "Hallelujah"

She collected his two hands checking for spots or any kind of sickness
"are you sure you are okay"
She asked looking at him in awe

"No Nnomma ,the God I serve is bigger than mere man made gods"

"What kind of God do you serve,is it the Christian God my father talked about that nearly caused him his life yesterday"

"He is the God of all,he sees and know all things,he has the whole world in his hands"

"Why did he allow pastor Kingsley and innocent people  to die, why did he allow oshimiri to take my mother and my love away from me"

"Hmm,oshimiri,what a strange name"Jesse muttered

" its a powerful dirty that had ruled over Umumiri for Years "

"A community with a strange name,your people are living in bondage and it is only God that can liberate you all, Oshimiri is just a powerless idol made by human hands"

"Shhh"
Nnomma covered his mouth with her hands surprising Jesse "Don't say that the winds have ears"

Jesse pulled her hands from his mouth
"I am not afraid of them,He that is in me is greater than ten thousands of them"

Nnomma gave up, staring at him she wondered why someone she was probably saving his life was being as stubborn as a mule...no! He seemed so sure of himself there was this confidence around him .

"Who is pastor Kingsley" Jesse asked because he had heard the name previously from Afam the twins father lips .

Nnomma led him to a long bench that stood under the huge mango tree opposite the compound

"Pastor Kingsley came here as a stranger like you,he had promised salvation to all that chooses to follow him ,he always talked about Jesus,but it felt more like a myth us ,several times he had received threat from  the priest of oshimiri to flee from the land  ,he had lived with us too,several nights I and papa hears his screams like oshimiri saved the nights to torment him,he with a few members courageous enough to believe him alongside my dad, the rest of us was scared of the wrath of oshimiri had built that church ,one fateful day which was sacredly kept for oshimiri festival ,the pastor was hosting a program alongside his members,papa happened to have escaped death that day ,a mighty wind came and rented the church to pieces with the people inside some died while some disappeared with the angry wind,they died a painful death,no body was ready to bury those that suffered such a cursed death they threatened to throw the body into the evil forest.
my father buried the ones he could find , papa life changed since then like he was tormented mentally,it comes once in a while most nights he shouts like a man tormented in his sleep ,the community called him a mad man, but still my father believed even though pastor Kingsley died he  talked about a real God that was far more better than our god.
I suffered rejections because no one wanted to be friends with a mad man daughter,Osita was the only man that wanted me but a few weeks to our wedding ,the cold hands of oshimiri snatched him away from me"

Jesse had listened attentively without a word,he watched her broke down into tears when she spoke of her father and the man she was to marry.

"Oshimiri masquerades took my mother in one of the dance of the masquerades festival,they took my osita and almost took my father,am loosing all the people I love " her tears brought her father to them he had hanged around listening to their conversation "they seems to be after my family"

Jesse engulfed her in a comforting embrace he nodded at her father who finally sat close to them with a look everything was going to be alright ,old wounds opened as tears flowed from Nwoke eyes.

"I watched with my own eyes how they took my  wife away from me,as life slowly left her" Nwoke
lamented shakingly
"I am done believing in a god that have giving me nothing but pains and suffering"

Jesse wiped tears from each of their faces and held both father and daughter hands comfortingly
The agile old man he saw ran out of the compound shouting he had seen Jesus looked frail and exhausted, Nwoke eyes held a little shine of hope as he glanced up at him
Jesse didn't realize as tears slipped down his eyes he tried putting his emotions on check

"Even Jesus Christ our lord suffered in the hands of malicious men,But Jesus came for a reason that we all may live,His precious blood was shed on the cross of calvary for all of us"
Jesse held on to them tightly
"Papa...Nnomma the years that the cankerworms had stolen and eaten from you,Jesus has come to restore, Are you willing to lay down all kinds of  idol you have or know and follow the one and only true God "

He looked at the both of them waiting for an answer
"I Nnomma denounce Oshimiri as my god" she spoke shakingly though frightened as though something was ready to chop her head off

"I Nwoke denounce Oshimiri as my god, I accept the True God" Nwoke replied as well though confident.

Jesse smiled at them both as he read a few bible passages to them ,he prayed for them both
"Now you bear the mark of Christ and nothing can by no any means hurt you,it is a new beginning for you "

Hmmmmm

It gets more interesting

Drop your votes
Comments
And share this link to friends

next update tomorrow but its placed on probability.

Kisses

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nice updates.I am your fan.keep it up,just follow me and i will follow you back

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nice one op its getting more tensed, i wish Charlie can be located by Jesse

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by paqman: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
Intresting

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
Chapter 13

Jesse playlist
Restorer of my life
By pastor Paul Eneche
**************************"**********

A full calabash of water was splashed on charlie face ,she jumped from her sleep looking confused ,she had given in to sleep after being exhausted from tears,farnished ,thirsty and spent out from standing tied to a tree,her eyes was blood shot,her lips chapped ,her weave on was tangled and dangled roughly some in her mouth,she could perceive the stench of her own urine,she felt uncomfortable and dirty which made her wished so much this was all a dream that she was in the comfort of her home in the huge jacuzzi bath tub taking a warm shower.

Charlie could hardly stand on her own it was  the tree and the rope that bind her which kept her standing she leaned weakly on the tree ,her eyes recognized the stranger who had come to her house that faithful morning ,her knees buckled as her eyes roamed round thinking she would see her daughter
"Somma"
She called out weakly with her eyebrow irked unable to form a sentence.
Charlie gave Obike an angry look,it reminded Obike of a scorned woman ,his presence was like an ill wind that blows no good,no wonder he called himself the son of Ikuku.
  "Where is my daughter and husband ,what have you Ill begotten men done to them" she forced the words out
"Hahaha"obike gave a sadistic laugh

" you are the one that is Ill begotten woman,that is why you are cursed"he spoke menacingly.
"Which makes me wonder what an Educated and discernible man as my brother Ikenna saw in someone like you ,I smell ruin and destruction around you,Oshimiri is restless at your mere presence ,why? Why? I ask"

Charlie looked wounded but manage to give a smirk at her husband brother"why should your idol be restless at my mere presence when it has brought me nothing but agony"

"Oshimiri is not the reason for your agony ,the deity problems lies with Ikenna,he is the son of the soil ,the chosen one,it is only natural you got caught up in the web Ikenna had longed tangled with his own hands,but I wonder why your mere presence rattle Oshimiri ,blood have been shed human blood to pacify Oshimiri ,if I don't find out I will offer you up for sacrifice and then your daughter would be next"
Obike here raised his head to face her the way he looked reminded charlie of Baba otubana the beast ,she closed her eyes trying to hide how terrified she was ,trying to shake off such hunting memory when she heard obike ordered
"Unbind the woman and bring her along"
"What?" She quickly opened her eyes ,she watched as they dropped there calabash which oozed smoke and freed her from the tree
"Where are you taking me to" she asked "don't touch me " she screamed asthey held her arm strongly and dragged her along out of the compound into the forest following the silent Obike

"You call yourself Ikenna brother but you are nothing like him,am certain my Ikenna would rather die than become any thing evil like you all,blood sucking vampires"

Obike came to a halt Charlie thought she  felt the ground shook ,dust had risen down her feet ,there was an angry howling of the wind as bird noisomely fled from the trees ,he turned to glare at her with his whole body vibrating with anger, she tried to run but his men held her tight ,Obike hand landed on her cheeks ,she was yet to comprehend why Tue bones in  her neck had not snapped, blinding tears ran down her eyes.

"I am obike, the son of Ikuku ,no one dared talked to me that way,I have your life and that of your family in my hands,before you start talking you should think twice,foolish woman"
"Drag her as fast as you can ,we must make it to Okosisi okalamuo hut before night falls"

"Where are you taking me to". Charlie asked unduated by the murderous look in obike eyes

" To the summoner"Obike looked at her wickedly before he continued walking without giving her a backward glance.

Ikuku the priest of oshimiri sat down in a round stone as he watched the young stranger moving from house to house talking about the the one they call the 'Supreme '  in his spiritual meetings with the spirits of priest under oshimiri that had ruled before him .

Ikuku looked so furious as his left hand shooked all he could do was roar and beat his chest,since he sensed his presence he knew that boy was going to be big trouble,he should have killed him a long time ago ,the boy wields a strange power that gave him the audacity to tamper with Oshimiri masquerades.

"Oshimiri let them feel your wrath...ALU...ALU"
(Alu is interpreted as an abomination or a bad omen)

Ikuku made some incantations then spit at the mirror "I have defeated many of his kind before ,I will do it again"
With that he walked down to the hut where his son Ikenna laid unconscious to the world his spirit was just a step away from the land of the living.

"Why Ikenna,why have you decided to bring such shame to  me ,I am your father ,you are suppose to be the son of the great Ikuku following after my footsteps instead you want to bring terror and confusion... Arise from your deep slumber Ikenna ,the time has come for you to inherit what is rightfully yours ,you must wield this staff to serve Oshimiri and rule the people of umumiri...A.r.I.s.e Ikenna"

There was a heavy mighty wind enough to forcefully pull the thatch out of the hut,the black curtain in the hut rented into two almost throwing Ikuku to the ground.

"Fight this all you want Ikenna ,remember your family life are already in jeopardy,don't push me son" Ikuku warned gravely raising his staff to calm the wind

Suddenly everywhere was still Ikenna shivered as tears ran down his eyes ,opening it weakly his eyes held that of his father
Ikuku eyes shone like that of a man ready for war
While Ikenna eyes shone like that of a man defeated.

Drop  your
Votes
Comments
Invite friends
Follow me

Gain access to chapter 14 and 15 on wattpad
You can check my bio on wattpad to gain access to more stories.
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2020
Nice update op
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2020
Nice Updates.Weldone Op
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by skubido(m): 7:15am On Jul 15, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2020
Chapter 14
Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Chapter 14

Jesse playlist
Oceans
By Hill song united

"So where are your family"
Nnomma asked pastor Jesse as they strolled down the community,he had insisted she took him round the community before they headed back to the old church building for clean up.

"Oh!they are based in Lagos city,thet reminds me I need to call them"

"Are they also pastors like you"

"Yes my father is by Gods grace the founder of a very big church in Lagos with other branches around Africa"

"Wow! Most times I wonder what brought you to a land as cursed as Umumiri" Nnomma blurted out
"Even the abandoned church building how will we build or convince people there is a true God"

"Hmm..If only you see what I can see"pastor Jesse replied her with a chuckle

" what's that pastor?"
"Never mind Nnomma,by the grace of God we shall win"

"Amen ohhh ...if you say so" she replied him as they walked down through the busy market ignoring the fingers that pointed at them,she was surprised at the turn out in the market normally at this hour everyone was getting ready to return to there various houses,though the sun had barely gone down, the place was noisy as sellers begged passerby to buy there wares.

"What's that?"
Jesse asked Nnomma as he pointed at the black and white cowries that was been carefully sewed into black wrappers.

Nnomma stopped right in her tracks as blinking twice,she couldn't believe her eyes
"This only happens once in a blue moon"

"What?" Jesse asked looking at her confused

"A new high priest of Oshimiri would soon be coronated ,every one is expected to dress in this outfit to show their loyalty and respect to the god and the priest"

"That's so mundane and ridiculous"

"Welcome to our world"

Jesse didn't fail to notice the attention he was creating in the market as all eyes were on him and whispers passed and travelled he seemed to be the sole focuse of everyone .as they pointed at him and nodded at themselves he was about to ask Nnomma why he was the centre of everyone attention when a crippled begger tapped him

"So it is true Oshimiri is slowly loosing it's powers,how did you manage to enter the sacred river and escaped unharmed"
the crippled man asked he had dirt all over him and smelled bad

"Yes you are that stranger that saved Afam twins from been sacrificed, it had never been heard of before in this community" one of the seller called out

"Who are you" another called out

"How did you defeat the masqurade,what strange powers do you carry that Oshimiri can't strike you to death"

Jesse was amazed at how fast news travelled he listened as they all threw question at him,they were all alert and defensive of themselves
"Just ignore them,let's go pastor" Nnomma replied scared for the pastor safety as she held his hand wanting him to move

"No Nnomma,the reason why I am here is to tell this people about Jesus Christ the all supreme One"

"They might hurt you for saying something contrary to there beliefs and custom,please let's leave here" Nnomma persisted as she saw the look on their faces but pastor Jesse was a stubborn man

"Peace unto you all" Jesse raised his voice to the crowd to stop the murmurings
"I am pastor Jesse I have come all the way from the city of Lagos to this wonderful community to share a very good news about Jesus Christ"
He said as he was surrounded by people both sellers buyers and passerby's he made a silent prayer before he spoke

"Jesus Christ is the only true God,any other gods or diety was made by man and are no match for the Almighty God,His blood was shed two thousand years ago for all of us that we may have life and have it abundantly, that we may be free from bondages and sin"Jesse continued but was cut short by the crippled man

"So you have come to cause confusion in this community by bringing a strange God,is he any different than the one we have that have had blood spilled round the community"

"Watch your tongue Nkem,unless you want Oshimiri to rain down thunder on you " a one eyed man warned  "and you Mr stranger you better leave this place with your strange God or you die the same way one certain pastor like you ended"

"Jesus is calling you all to pick up your cross and follow him,embrace him as your one and only true God,surrender your life to him ,he is saying to you for all that receive him he  gave the power to become sons and daughters of God"

Suddenly an mighty wind picked causing confusion in the market as people ran heltered skittered,they ran for cover
"They are here ohhhh"
"Oshimiri spare me ohhh" so they screamed as the wind caused an uproar in the market destroying peoples wares

"I told you we should leave ohhh" Nnomma said shielding her eyes as she held on to the pastor

"Now call on your God to save us"
Jesse turned surprised to see the crippled man still standing despite the ruckus

"Do you want to be saved?"
Jesse asked the crippled man who looked at him with deep curiosity

"I want to walk again, I want to walk with my two legs again ,Ikuku the priest of Oshimiri did this to me" the man replied Jesse
"If your God can cure me I will serve him forever"

"Go home and burn anything festish that binds you to any diety ,wash your body and feet in clean water and you will be whole again"

"Just like that" the crippled man asked "no sacrifice of a male goat,fowl or anything"

Jesse bent down without minding the dust that danced around with the wind ,he shielded his eyes with left hand,holding the hand of the cripple man

"If You want to see his Awesomeness ,you have to believe...oh merciful God prove to this man that you are a true and omnipotent God,Do something new in his life so this people will believe you are God" Jesse prayed with the crippled man then left the market holding Nnomma close to shield her from the dust.

"I was scared the wind had come for us" Nnomma said as they were out of the market

"You need to overcome your fears Nnomma,you should only fear God not man and their powers, he subdued them all under his feet, fear kills more than anything"
Jesse told her as they both tried cleaning up themselves ,the dust from the red earth had made them look dirty like every other person that was present in the market.

"I just can't help it pastor,I have loosed a lot of people dear to me which makes me always live in fear of who would be next, my Osita left without a warning ,I fear I might loose you too" Nnomma said with all honesty looking at Jesse

"Why do you fear to loose me ?" Jesse asked caught off guard

"You are just too stubborn and hardly listen to me,you are a stranger here anything can happen"she said worriedly obviously scared for him

"Do not fear for me for I am not afraid of what I see ,I have come only to do the work God has called here to do"Jesse replied her assuredly
" Oshimiri can only brag but has nothing to show off"

Adanna , her two sisters with her mother included looked at the old dirty building with their clearing materials, they wondered how the pastor thought they could restore the place back to use again

"I think that stranger pastor is crazy ohh...how does he think we can clean this place that had been long abandoned" ulomma complained.

Ulomma had been the last in her family to join the new faith seeing all her family had denounced Oshimiri she didn't want to be left out

"Haba,ulomma don't say that ,pastor Jesse didn't force you here na,its called voluntary work" Adanna countered

"Where is he anyway,we can't be here working ohh while he is busy taking a love stroll with Nnomma" ulomma grumbled

"Bìã ulomma,if you don't control that your smelling mouth, I will help you to do it" her mother threatened

Though mama Adanna was a thin woman with a small figure she had the energy of a soldier and a very deep voice that could be heard at a distance
"Mama what did I say na"

"Just close your mouth now " Adanna warned as Afam and Nnomma father approached them with working materials

"Adanna "  Nnomma called out as she came to join the crew

"What took you two so long " Adanna asked looking at the both of them from head to toe,so was everyone

"Did you guys played in the dust"Afam inquired as they all waited for an answer

" There was a terrible wind at the market ,it destroyed peoples wares and was bent on scattering the market"Nnomma explained

"That's the work of the devil,to cause confusion" Jesse chirped in"I apologize for being late I was led to talk to the people at the market,thank you all family for wanting to do this with me...

Jesse quoted a few scriptures and he prayed with them as they all got to work with the main aim of restoring the place to make it habitable,he encouraged them all ,I didn't matter how shabbily the place will look at the end all that matters was Gods presence there.

Okay FAM
Tap that cute star ohhh
Drop your comments
And constructive review
Expect an update soonest

Check out this ongoing story in my bio
Worlds Apart1
Tells the story of"A love against all Odds"

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2020
Its another year again
Am +1
Happy birthday to me
am  dedicating this update to myself
I wish to leave a powerful inpact that will be imprinted in the sands of time.
Cheers to a new age
Cheers to me.

Chapter 15
Jesse playlist
You Are Jehovah
Prospa ochimana

"Okosisi  Akalamuo,the one who at his words the spirit obeys I greet you" Obike greeted from outside the square hut

"Obike my good friend,the son of Ikuku whose father was Ikenga...to what do I own this visit"

Charlie watched Obike and a young stranger exchanged pleasantries,the young man called Okosisi akalamuo was dark skinned ,a white wrapper was tied to his waist as white 'nzu' dusted his feet and his right eye,charlie wondered what kind of acaeic way back tradition her husband people still follow despite the fact western civilization had long been in existence, their host studied her as she dangled helplessly at the arms of Obike servants

"Hmmm...I see you brought us company"

Okosisi akalamuo spoke as a torch of fire lit round the forest trees making Charlie jump in fear, this was the only hut in the forest ,how could someone live such a life of serenity with no civilization, he looked tardily tidy ,only the stranger hair was unkept and scattered Dâdà ,he had a fault in his left eyes that might make him look half blind but was only noticed if you took a closer look,though he was all mancho and was sire capable of defending himself against physical attack.

"It is said that A lion does not run round the forest for nothing, what brings you her Obike"

"Let us go into your shrine first"Obike replied

"Wait" The summoner spoke raising a hand to halt their movement, he went inside his hut and emerged out with a calabash of clean water and that of roasted yam and oil,he collected charlie from the hands that held her dropping her gently to the ground despite her flinches.

"Eat woman, I do not wish you to die in my territory" He ordered

"What are you doing summoner" Obike asked angry
"She is going to die anyway"

"But not in my shrine,when you leave here ,you can starve her to death"

Charlie was so surprised at the summoner,this was the very first kind gesture she had received since she had stepped foot at the cursed land,even if the food was poisoned she didn't care she was starving ,rushing the good she almost choked.

"Take your time woman the night is still young am sure Obike here has a lot of patience" the summoner said with a chuckle as he led the angry Obike inside the shrine.

Few minutes after her meal she was dragged back to the shrine where the summoner sat on a wooden stool,there was a big pot that stood close to a tree cooking as dark smoke oozed out,fetish deities was well arranged on the tree she wrinkled her nose at the fowl smell and ugly things she sighted littered there.
Obike glared at her ferociously like he could strangle
Her at that moment, frightened Charlie looked away .

"I have know Ikenna your husband since we were little still learning the ways of the gods,I had thought he was so weak to bear the staff of Oshimiri and he hadn't proved me wrong"

Charlie eyed the summoner suspicious how could someone so young know her husband ,she studied his features thoroughly.

"Don't think it through woman ,nature is a gift from the gods and I am its humble benefactor" the summoner replied her sharply knowing where her thoughts were going.

Charlie eyes widened in comprehension as she stared at him so he practiced some kind of magic that keeps him young.

"Ikenna is battling between been in the land of the spirits and the living "

"How do you know that" Charlie asked surprised

"I see spirits woman ,I spoke to your husband not too long before you arrived ,he asked me to feed you" the summoner replied her pitifully

"Can we drop all the frivolous talks and attend to the main reason for our unexpected visit"Obike countered at them running out of patience

" hmmm...your life is like this because of the curse your mother placed on you before you were born"

"I don't understand why I am here with you all,and all you are saying, I just want to go home with my family"

The summoner ignoring her spoke in incantations to the big pot ,more in command, the wind had picked up at a slow pace suddenly even the chirpings of birds were no longer heard.

"The curse have to be lifted "

"What curse? Besides I had never met my mother,I grew up in the streets until I met my husband"

" you would meet her today"He laughed "that is why I am Okosisi Akalamuo,I am the powerful summoner  of spirits ,they obey my call and speak at my order" He danced with incantations

Charlie had no idea how she was suppose to feel in the last hours she had watched her life turned into one of those nollywood Movie,in her case  she don't know what scene to expect she could only watch as the drama unfolds .

I hereby summon  you,show yourself and make your presence known"

This time the  whole leaves in the forest danced to the tune of the whirling wind as a figure appeared on the tree looking angry she was prepared to fight but she was trapped to the tree.
Charlie screamed at what she saw ,she was ready to dash out of the shrine on seeing such madness but was held down by Obike servants.
"No...no...no...this is madness"

"You cursed son of the earth why have you summoned me here,why have you made me wonder this far to the land of the living" the spirit hollered

"You are still in the land of the dead ,I summoned you to meet your daughter"

Charlie summoned the courage the look at the enraged spirit,she was able to note a few things about the both of them,so this was the woman she should have known as mother.
The spirit this time had a look of pity
"I cursed that child the day she was born,did you summon me here to remind me of my past mistakes"

"You have to lift the curse " said the summoner

" I had know nothing but pain and agony since I was raped in my husbands house by some group of thief's and had to birth this mistake to remind me of how miserable my life had become ,they killed my husband,the only way to make them pay was to curse this seed they planted in me,they will remain useless and worthless forever" the spirit cursed

Charlie broke down in tears as she remembered how she had survived the ordeals of life,scorn,rejection,hungry tattered and homeless with no name
"Why" she heard herself asked
"Why didn't you kill me instead,than bringing into this world to be thoroughly dealt with the harsh realities of life" charlie screamed

" you are an unwanted seed,I am no different from you ,remember we wear the same shoe"the spirit  spoke knowingly
" That Abandoned child might be your saviour"

"What?" Charlie questioned shakingly as she held herself together"what are you talking about"

"You know what I am saying" the spirit spoke softly though in mockery

"How...how...did you know" charlie whispered as painful memories shooked her "no...no...nooooh"

"That child is the only one strong enough to break the curse" the spirit replied as she turned to the silent Obike"I see doom coming for you son of Ikuku,now send me back let me go and morn silently in my grave"

The summoner nodded as he chanted incantations ,the wind became calm as the sorrowful form disappear without even looking at her daughter.
Charlie collapse to the ground feeling cold and all alone,she was shaking profusely as uncontrollable tears fell from her eyes she tried to force her words out

"No...I don't believe in...all this...farce...I don't believe..." The shock was too much for her she slowly gave into the darkness that took her wishing she had died and never return.

Ikenna eyes scanned round the little hut where he was  locked in,this was once a place where he had found fascinating when he was a child until he became so disgusted with his family choice of lifestyle.

There was no way he was going to partake in shedding the bloods of the innocent just to satisfy a blood thirsty god,that was why he had ran away from home in his youthful age ,away from his calling it was his doggedness and will to live that had made him the successful man he was .

Now Ikenna found himself lost , he could be regarded as an all-sufficing mortal  scorning the worn out superstitions of the so called religion.
He never cared of a particular religion it reminded him of the bondage Umumiri was living in and now his family had fallen a victim.

Ikenna blamed himself for been weak,not strong enough to fight his father and brother,who could he call to help him,he had no one it seemed he had to either excape again from the web he was trapped in or face reality for the sake and safety of his family.

Authors note
My main focus in this book is charlie and Jesse
Most people find it odd that charlie is in her late forties.
Someone with the name charlie inspired me to bring out my best in this unique character because she had her own fair share of life and I fell in love with her attitude.
Also I fell in love with the name Jesse long before I decided to write this book and it didn't take much effort to bring out its uniqueness.
I so hope this story  is in its way passing a message to someone
Inspiring someone somewhere that God is not dead
He is on his throne watching and will surely come someday to judge.

Drop your
Vote
Comments
And share to friends.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by tahir01(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday! Wish you long life and prosperity. have a blast.

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by paqman: 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2020
Age with sufficent grace

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by Kaycee9242(m): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday dear, ur story is really a top notch

1 Like

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
What do you think of this new cover

Re: LET GOD JUDGE Book 1√ By Victoria Ezekiel by vickyluvspices(f): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
What do you think of this new cover

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's 85th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Marvelck 's Tribute To Nairaland / Naija Yahoo Life(get Rich And Die Young, Pidgin EDITION) By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.