Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92098 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by topeal(f): 2:26am On Jun 16, 2020
Madam hope you're alright? You better get your self financially empowered so that you can be useful to your parents, husband and yourself.
Stop reasoning like a pest abeg. angry

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Gloriagee(f): 2:28am On Jun 16, 2020
This is all shades of wrong
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Jelzin2412(m): 2:40am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19

There are some stories that are quite incomprehensible to me however I want to look at it. That she's so shameless to post this on social media tells a lot about her and her family.

My question is this; Was this man blindfolded before he embarked on this unfortunate journey to marry such mistake of a person as a wife?

This man obviously doesn't have a home.

Damn!!! Guys make una shine una eyes oo...

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chris51(f): 2:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Girl, your family is very irresponsible. Did your brother contribute towards your bride price?

Kudos to your husband. If he could pay your bride price, your own brother should be man enough to pay bride price for his own bride.

Your parents are very greedy, how come they have finished eating your bride price and don't have to help their own son.

Please don't push your husband. He loves you, hence he paid your bride price. Do you know if he is still owing people for it?
My dear girl. Support your husband, otherwise you will regret it.
My

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by pfadom: 2:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Every marriageable single man should run from your family. Your family is more of burden and liability than blessings.

I am shocked that you could tag your husband irresponsible for choosing not to bear unnecessary burden of your brother who is not financially ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chris51(f): 2:52am On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=chris51 post=90715718]Girl, your family is very irresponsible. Did your brother contribute towards your bride price?

Kudos to your husband. If he could pay your bride price, your own brother should be man enough to pay bride price for his own bride.

Your parents are very greedy, how come they have finished eating your bride price and don't have to help their own son.

Please don't push your husband. He loves you, hence he paid your bride price. Do you know if he is still owing people for it?

My dear girl. Support your husband, otherwise you will regret it.

Be wise.
/quote]
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chris51(f): 2:52am On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=chris51 post=90715731][/quote]
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Abkay95: 3:08am On Jun 16, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wiuse elders.
. bro u need a bottle of PEPSI

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Abkay95: 3:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.
..Bro u hv nailed it in it entirety, U need a bottle Sweps

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by radna2: 3:20am On Jun 16, 2020
He is human, not a cow. How can you people be milking somebody like dat. A man 4 dat matter without udder
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Abkay95: 3:27am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

..... as a reader of this story, am highly ashamed for the so called wife. how can u compulsorily place ur family financial burden on ur hubby?? His non-adherance to the demand means he knows exactly what is right from the wrong, and as for the singles on this platform I pray may we never meet this set of people as Inlaws and including the wife....... And as for the wife, get a skill if u have non and stop depending fully on ur hubby for financial issues because dat will earn u a respect In his sight.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Emperor2463(m): 3:30am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

You just finish work for here
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chocboi78(m): 3:35am On Jun 16, 2020
Both u and ur family are stupid and worthless

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by AtovicGerald19(m): 3:44am On Jun 16, 2020
Obviously one of the twitter tales..

Next!!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by AngelJennifer: 3:54am On Jun 16, 2020
She thought that 70k is a big money. Its poverty mentality. Its not even easy for a single to depend on 70k salary, let alone a married person.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:

the husband should divorce that woman ASAP, i mean now now, else he will die young, the woman cannever appreciate anything about the husband at all.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:55am On Jun 16, 2020
chocboi78:
Both u and ur family are stupid and worthless
you make the best point here, they are very worthless.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Olynkem: 3:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Like seriously... Your husband to contribute 120k for your brother's wedding? How? For what? If he is supporting his brother Inlaw willing, is a different game..but tasking him?

Why should your brother go into marriage when he does not have kobo in his pocket?

Your husband will also contribute for his House rent, feeding money, buying of pampers etc.

Please go and apologise to your husband, make peace with him and save your marriage. If you lose him and your marriage, you have yourself to blame.

Your marriage FIRST!

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by petluvsu(m): 4:08am On Jun 16, 2020
Is like the woman(U) were sold so that the man that bought u will foot the family bill and wahala and his (husband) own problems. Its not easy being a man. Una wan kill am inherit him small property.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Jeffy1206(m): 4:13am On Jun 16, 2020
You're not a good wife at all at least to your husband. In some tribes or families, that 120k don marry 4 wives for person not to talk of allocating the same to another man entirely who is but married to a woman in the family undecided you had better apologize to your husband and save your marriage angry

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Gee64: 4:17am On Jun 16, 2020
The man is 99% right
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by yetty247(f): 4:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Biglittlelois:
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.

very funny faa

out of 400k, if he contributes 120k what will all the family including extended contribute den?

All I see is a very selfish and greedy family

It's simple tho we go sit-down and do agreement that if d wife spend a month with him, she will spend the second month with me that's if am a guy

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ArcFresky(m): 4:21am On Jun 16, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.

Person wey still dey pay loan
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by rukis360(m): 4:28am On Jun 16, 2020
Reading this alone got me angry,the husband is right... He has paid the dues required of him so the family leeches are nt entitled to any of those funds they're requesting,he can only do so out of gud wil... Pay for the wife's brothers wedding? What fuckery... This truly taught me never to marry frm a VERY poor family as it'll sink the financial ship of any man

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Monday60655(m): 4:32am On Jun 16, 2020
Do you think you can eat your cake and still have it? No nah is not possible. Your parents sold you out and your husband couldn't bow out because he had involved himself in getting married to you and to avoid shame with what people will say that he couldn't marry you because of his inability to pay your exorbitant bride price.
You're the one disturbing and coursing problem to your husband. You had better approach your husband with a broken heart and beg him for forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Vecto(m): 4:32am On Jun 16, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:
I sent this same story to my gf....do you know what?she called the man a stingy man that can't send ordinary 120k to help his bro-inlaw. She went further to ask me if I'm such man....I just ended the relationship there and then. I can't marry a woman with such selfish and self-centered mentality.
Bros you no get chills at all cheesy
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Monday60655(m): 4:33am On Jun 16, 2020
Do you think you can eat your cake and still have it? No nah is not possible. Your parents sold you out and your husband couldn't bow out because he had involved himself in getting married to you and to avoid shame with what people will say that he couldn't marry you because of his inability to pay your exorbitant bride price.
You're the one disturbing and coursing problem to your husband. You had better approach your husband with a broken heart and beg him for forgiveness
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Judybash93(m): 4:34am On Jun 16, 2020
This is why it's good to know the kind of person you want to marry before even considering marriage. A wife that can't support you but expects you to carry every gadamn financial burden isn't a wife, she's a leech. Moreover, that dowry of a thing should be scrapped. It sounds like an individual selling another person.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by larryking540: 4:36am On Jun 16, 2020
Enculer:
Guys please do not marry into a poor home
u don talk am finish baba,you will turn to their messahia
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Kontos: 4:44am On Jun 16, 2020
The Online Graphic Design Masterclass N3,000 promo ends by next week Sunday 4pm..

From next week, the price would revert to the regular N10,000

For those who are still contemplating

See the juicy package below
1.) Basic Video editing
2.) Professional photo retouching
3.) Mock-ups on objects like billboards, t-shirts, logos and designs
4.) Creation of exquisite book covers with your phone.
5) Content video creation
6) 3D animation videos
7) Whiteboard animation video
cool 3D Explainer Video
9) Educational & Inspirational video toolkit
10) Beautiful logo animations
11) Business logo intro video
12) Professional 3D logo design
13) Free Premium canva app
14)Free Premium inshot video editing app
15) Build website without coding and free hosting.
16). How to run Facebook ads effectively and how to promote your digital products online for FREE
17) How to design beautiful Graphics on your phone from scratch to FINISH in just 20 minutes.
18) Business card and letterhead design.

All on your mobile phone/laptop.

Extra Bonus
Netflix Premium

You won't get this kind of offer anywhere else.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Bato93: 4:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Please your hubby has no obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding. The 70k can hardly take care of 2 of you in Nigeria of today besides the young man also need to save meet future needs when you start raising children and also pay his rent. You guys will not continue to track he might also be planning to get a small car as time goes by too. Please let your family know you are not working yet and your hubby doesn't earn much and desist from imposing unnecessary responsibility on him.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by AmeLonRo(m): 4:58am On Jun 16, 2020
YES, he should pay the money and even do more. that's what son in-laws and brother in laws are meant to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6WXkDdUjKw

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.