Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92176 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Hahjascho(m): 12:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Whether the story is real or fake, the write ups seem provocative.

But before I say anything, I'm so much interested in how the family shared the ₦580K..

Until then, I have nothing to say..grin

Next on the que pls!

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by OJEEMAH(m): 12:57am On Jun 16, 2020
After paying 580k for his daughter without consideration, the man had the guts to demand 120K from his inlaw. He is a very greedy father-in-law. He should have taken 120K from the 580k her husband. Ate his cake and now he wants it back.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DexterousOne(m): 1:02am On Jun 16, 2020
sesan85:
Sounds like the culture of the inhabitants of a certain erosion-ravaged, landlocked, padlocked, jampacked, mudland hellhole who infest and constitute nuisances in other people's homelands like mendicant gypsies and homeless refugees. Useless people!

This is uncalled for
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bluefilm: 1:04am On Jun 16, 2020
Useless bitch.

Tell your husband to donate his kidneys and livers to any member of your family who needs it because that is the real purpose he was sent to this planet to cater for your entire family.

Useless entitled bitch.

I wish you will just go and burn in hell

Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DexterousOne(m): 1:05am On Jun 16, 2020
WICKEDfucker:
ANOTHER STUPID AND NONSENSE FAKE TWITTER BULLSHÎT!
The story bis as fake as Buhari and Obaseki's certificate grin
ALL FOR CLOUTS...

But Honestly, SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST BORN WITH STRONG AND EVIL SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.

IT'S CRAZY!

99% of people with this attitude or mentality have little or no values to add to the lives of people they exploiting.... Most Nigerian girlfriends have that mentality...

I can never even be in a relationship with such idǐot not to talk of being married to one.

NA SPEED OF LIGHT I GO TAKE DIVORCE YOU.

NONSENSE!

I have seen a scenario like this play out in real life before

These things happen more often than u think

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DexterousOne(m): 1:06am On Jun 16, 2020
Mosminic:
This definitely looks like a made up story. Because I believe no one can be so insensitive and irresponsible. How do you expect someone to contribute to what doesn't concern him at all. Is the person getting married disabled? Or is the wife retarded?

You never jam lmao

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by babytoun: 1:07am On Jun 16, 2020
your papa get mind share 120k to your husband ? the man no fear ?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by SammyChi1988: 1:10am On Jun 16, 2020
Did he sent your brother to get married? Is not a must that he will contribute... Your parents are wicked by hardening their hearts to charge him that amount even when he pleaded for reduction... His trying to show them that him too get mind as they get mind...

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by joshuaidibia(m): 1:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

They will still want the man to be taking care of the brother's family too. Las Las the man go vex collect him payment in bed then she send her family eye go clear. Very shameful family. She no get sense to even put am online
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Cyberbasil: 1:15am On Jun 16, 2020
Let them collect the 120k from the 580k paid as her bride price..!!!simple!!!!�
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 16, 2020
What an irresponsible wife the man married, rather.
In fact I'm angry on behalf of the husband. May I never end up with such a senseless woman.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by phyllumtopilla: 1:19am On Jun 16, 2020
rawpadgin:
Let me not type what's on my mind. Because it won't come out well
...I am thinking mine will turn out worse but truth be told, the woman reporting the husband is shameless and I doubt she really loves and cares for the husband.....he earns 70k and coughed out 580k...definitely he must be owing and then you are not even contributing to the home yet your brother feels he's man enough to marry and you want your husband to take out a month salary and borrow 50k as contribution to your bro's wedding....how irresponsible of the lady and her entire shameless family.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by uchyno123: 1:20am On Jun 16, 2020
I do hope this is a make believe story line because if truth is to be told, no single lady will take a position as yours, not to talk of a married one.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 16, 2020
Just imagine this nonsense. In this hard times. Somebody is earning 70k and still pays over 500k despite the fact that you are not working. And you are pressuring him to send monthly stipend to your folks and spend on your brother's wedding. You are either immature or heartless. If i were him i will leave you and your family before you kill him before his time. Can't you see that you and your family are freaking INSENSITIVE.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by zedegit: 1:24am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19

Greedy parents-in-law .

She's not working but is dictating how a nigger should spend his money.

Women and their entitlement mentality.

Imagine telling us how much hobby is earning, like he should be doling out that money to her and her inconsiderate family.

Nonsense and ingredient.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by mechanics(m): 1:28am On Jun 16, 2020
She's an ingrate, after he spent that amount for bride price and still earning ₦70,000, she's still asking him to send money to her parents, and wanting him to contribute for her brother's wedding, is her brother not working, she didn't play her role well, the bride price should have been reduced to like ₦150,000, she's lucky he didn't back out, things like this should have been discussed during the courtship, if he will send to her family and his family at the same time, but since he's working and she's not working, it will be difficult to be sending to both families at the same time, maybe once in two months or three months, till his wife get something doing, then it can be once in two months.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bowei(m): 1:36am On Jun 16, 2020
I'll love the ladies in the house to comment, most guys faced with this would make contributions.. Ladies what's your take please
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Dothedman(m): 1:38am On Jun 16, 2020
I must say you and your family are greatly disturbed. Never heard this crap in my entire life wtf !!!!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ettaetta(m): 1:40am On Jun 16, 2020
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by MASTERMIND04(m): 1:42am On Jun 16, 2020
This better be a joke.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Electroweb(m): 1:42am On Jun 16, 2020
Maturity is not a function of age.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chigoizie7(m): 1:51am On Jun 16, 2020
The major reason SOME of these girls marry is just to carry all their financial responsibilities and heap it on one man. Meanwhile , they have both legs and hands ooh.

The day I wrote my last paper in uni, you know, we were all happy asking ourselves. From here, what is next? Almost 80% of the girls said that it is marriage ooh. And I was like, you just graduated, don’t you think you can get a job first? Most of them said that the husband will take care of their needs. If you know that you had no plans of being useful after graduation, why then did you go to school in the first place?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by GistFullGround: 1:52am On Jun 16, 2020

Are you sure you are not a witch?

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ceejay80s(m): 1:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

Is it by force?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Macon1212: 1:55am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:

This story is copied and pasted don't think it's real. The poster is a male
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by One4me: 1:58am On Jun 16, 2020
fineboynl:
any man that need compulsory contribution to get married he is simply not yet ready to get married.

don't force it, when it's time to get married everything will be so easy. no stress or running around.

it's only burial that people can be obligated to render help

Even Burial sef, we dey keep for Mortuary until money gather well well. grin

To the Op, please tell your father to gather the money (#580K) he collected from your husband, you are going back to your family home this weekend, for daring to call your Husband IRRESPONSIBLE. Time to colect his Refund back, make ya Papa take him daughter back. undecided
Enough, is Enough.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DanEmakoji(m): 2:01am On Jun 16, 2020
May God blind my eyes from seeing a lady from this kind of family when choosing a wife.

No wonder guys do all manner of things to get money these days. This kind family can lead someone to armed robbery job.

If I were your husband and I never knew this kind of barbaric tradition of paying huge brideprice and still be forced to send monthly stipend to my in-laws exists, I will divorce you.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by rosebowl01(m): 2:13am On Jun 16, 2020
Donald3d:
grin grin grin

The way people think sef, and their disgusting entitlement mentality

Coming from a woman who doesn't work .

So if he pays the 120k, who would fend for the home ?

120k is almost his salary for 2 months .

Instead of her to be fighting for him to save and be prudent to better their lives, she is making unreasonable demands.

Your bride price list alone took about 8-9 months of his salary, not to talk of the other wedding expenses.

The oga is still probably paying debt from the wedding.

No matter what you do folks, never marry someone who has the mentality of a child !!!
Never marry into a family that always feel entitled , even if you do, make sure your spouse doesn't think like them.
I detest things like this

Wise counsel. May God bless you with more wisdom.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 16, 2020
uchyno123:
I do hope this is a make believe story line because if truth is to be told, no single lady will take a position as yours, not to talk of a married one.
It may be but it happens. Most folks out of job wanna have a say on money matters. You never see how broke girls dey yab broke guys? We dey think them think making money is gender sensitive. But where they normally get the effontery is beyond my ken.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:18am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.
Jesus Christ , I dey always dab for person 3 times but for you, I dab 7 times
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 16, 2020
chigoizie7:
The major reason SOME of these girls marry is just to carry all their financial responsibilities and heap it on one man. Meanwhile , they have both legs and hands ooh.

The day I wrote my last paper in uni, you know, we were all happy asking ourselves. From here, what is next? Almost 80% of the girls said that it is marriage ooh. And I was like, you just graduated, don’t you think you can get a job first? Most of them said that the husband will take care of their needs. If you know that you had no plans of being useful after graduation, why then did you go to school in the first place?
That increases their pussyyy ratings. To be one up over others. That's all for most.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by KingMicky3286: 2:22am On Jun 16, 2020
The wife just want to be the next Eve to bring trouble in the garden of Eden. How can you say that he should be sending money monthly to in-laws,

Contribute to your brother’s wedding?
No ,no ,no ,no.

I like his refusal. He is not a mumu man .

He doesn’t not owe your family anything, his done with them after your bride price payment.

Don’t bring problems to your new marriage. It’s early.

Jeffrey12:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / This Is What My House Help Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.